Topic Stats

• 1,639 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 434 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
1CAB282C-CD94-4BAF-99CE-B5E8BA69E0D7 (resized).jpeg
pirate town (resized).jpg
20181122_143914 (resized).jpg
20181122_143937 (resized).jpg
20181112_122154 (resized).jpg
20181112_121519 (resized).jpg
20181112_121316 (resized).jpg
20181109_122528 (resized).jpg
20181109_121944_001 (resized).jpg
20181109_120516 (resized).jpg
54C00EB1-482C-4D51-8D12-4E5BCD5CBCAF (resized).jpeg
C7EA6ADD-6D3F-4E45-99AC-7A7CB1903692 (resized).jpeg
C1378DD0-D918-404C-AC93-23EBC0B5EF13 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

There are 1639 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 33.
#801 1 year ago

I just finished getting my machine back together so recorded a quick video running the latest code for anyone who hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.

#802 1 year ago

Looks awesome. Thanks for the video!

#803 1 year ago

I think I am finally done tweaking my Hook. I added some Comet Pinball matrix lights to light the scoop and skull, and some of their strip lights to light my apron. Really liking the way that this has turned out.

Has anybody updated the speakers so something like Flipper Fidelity? Any value in that?

Final list of mods and things done:

New Legs, side rails, lockdown bar
Boston Pinball Red DMD
PDI glass
Full LED (GI and Flashers)
New Plastics (about half installed)
New shooter rod
New decals on targets
Titan pinball rings (waiting on the red flipper rings to come back in)
Titan pinball receiver cover
Comet pinball matrix lights
Updated Chad H Code
Custom cards
Paint touch ups, cleaning, replacing coils, desoldering things, etc

IMG_0921 (resized).JPG

IMG_0920 (resized).JPG

IMG_0925 (resized).JPG

IMG_0922 (resized).JPG

#804 1 year ago

I lied. Ordered a Pinsound board last night and the Flipper Fidelity speakers to match. Might have to ping some of the folks on here that have done the Pinsound upgrade if I run into any issues.

FWIW, I have been trading emails with Luis of pinballsp. It looks like he is working on a colorized DMD for the small DE games. That could be real interesting for Hook...

#805 1 year ago

ill try to make few rufio ramps in next month. Who intrested to get one copy - DM me.

#806 1 year ago

Not sure you need to do that with Mark already making them, but your call.

#807 1 year ago

As long as your MPU board is original and not rotten dog then you should be fine. However, the pin sound card and the rotten MPU don't communicate with each other well

#808 1 year ago
Quoted from shicketmaster:

As long as your MPU board is original and not rotten dog then you should be fine. However, the pin sound card and the rotten MPU don't communicate with each other well

Thanks shicketmaster. The mpu is original so fingers crossed. Have you seen the pinsound board to make a noticeable difference?

#809 1 year ago

My sound board was fried so I bought the pin sound as my replacement. I think the speakers make more difference than the card. I think the card is useful for customizing more than anything else. Of my 10 machines, my hook machine has the best sound, even better than my WOZ ECLE in my opinion. I wish I hadn't bought the speakers that were specific to the pin sound though, because now I can't just take out the card, I'd have to also take out the speakers.

#810 1 year ago

Gotcha. Thanks for sharing your experiences with me. I am in the same boat as I bought the pinsound speakers. In my case, I only have the one pin so it should not be a big deal. Glad to hear that the setup sounds good in Hook and can't wait to get it hooked up.

#811 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

FWIW, I have been trading emails with Luis of pinballsp. It looks like he is working on a colorized DMD for the small DE games. That could be real interesting for Hook...

Have read this confirmed too - great time for Hook, new code, plastics, ramps and now a colour DMD soon

#812 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I'd be interested to know how he hopes to accomplish that.

#813 1 year ago

Pinballsp has posted information and a photo of the board design here;
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/dmd-led-color-dmdst32-manufactured-by-pinballsp.33923/page-10#post-197840

As far as I understand it we can apply a limited colour palette throughout or to each animation until somebody with the necessary skills colours it in properly and shares the config. I'm still on the original plasma display so happy with the former option as an upgrade/replacement until such time.

#814 1 year ago

This would be incredible since I have both hook and star trek

#815 1 year ago

Anyone know if there is a plastics protector set made for hook? I have a really mint huo that I'd like to keep that way.

#816 1 year ago

I think laserrific can make them pretty easily. If he doesn't already offer a set, just trace the plastics you want a protector for on a piece of paper. Send it to him and he'll laser cut some protectors.

I've never done it but it was explained to me that way.

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know if there is a plastics protector set made for hook? I have a really mint huo that I'd like to keep that way.

Can you show me what you want?

#818 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Can you show me what you want?

I was just wondering if there was a standard set of commonly broken ones like for my desw or pinbot.

#819 1 year ago

Has anybody tried reworking any of the Hook sounds and callouts using Pinsound? I have changed a few (noticeably the failed skill shot, with a .wav of "No, No, No. Stop it") and I am digging it. Interested if anybody had done anything that I can borrow. I have it booting up to Sympathy for the Devil, which is always a plus.

I regrettably substituted the main song with an edited version of Skrillex's "Bangarang" and it was heinous. Like, really, really bad.

1 week later
#820 1 year ago

NOS Hook plastics and windcoaster ramp posted in the market place. The prices are what I have in them but open to offers!

Archived after 18 days
Sold elsewhere
Parts - For Sale
New “Ramp only, no switches, rope light, decals or metal ramp. Sold my hook and no longer need. Price is what I have in the parts”
2017-03-07
High Bridge, NJ
125 (OBO)

Archived after 18 days
Sold elsewhere
Parts - For Sale
New “NOS plastic set, Near complete. Most pieces still have protective film on them. Not all but most pieces present”
2017-03-07
High Bridge, NJ
150 (OBO)

2 months later
#821 1 year ago

Hi all,

I got this Nice Hook Pinball for my newest project, it's many work for this,
Look the condition before.

IMG_5575 (resized).JPG

IMG_5577 (resized).JPG

IMG_5576 (resized).JPG

IMG_5578 (resized).JPG

IMG_5579 (resized).JPG

IMG_5596 (resized).JPG

IMG_5597 (resized).JPG

IMG_5598 (resized).JPG

IMG_5599 (resized).JPG

IMG_5600 (resized).JPG

IMG_5601 (resized).JPG

#822 1 year ago

Now I am finish and I have to sey it's one of the best and beautiful pinball ever.

IMG_5672 (resized).JPG

IMG_5674 (resized).JPG

IMG_5662 (resized).JPG

IMG_5678 (resized).JPG

IMG_5679 (resized).JPG

IMG_5681 (resized).JPG

IMG_5802 (resized).JPG

IMG_5803 (resized).JPG

IMG_5804 (resized).JPG

IMG_5805 (resized).JPG

IMG_5807 (resized).JPG

IMG_5809 (resized).JPG

IMG_5808 (resized).JPG

#823 1 year ago

Looks great!

#824 1 year ago

Great job!

#825 1 year ago

I love the gold buttons, nice touch. I just added some gold lock nuts to mine.

hook-gold (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#826 1 year ago

I definately could use the 5.0 code but do not have a way to what im reading (burn one). If anyone is still making this it would be great and much appreciated. I know this thread is a little old. Been working on my hook pin. Check out my profile let me know what you think of what i been doing.

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

My unofficial Hook patch has been released!
Bangarang!!! This classic movie themed pinball machine from 1992 now plays better than ever. Newly balanced scoring. Ball Save has been fixed and is now user adjustable. Completely rewritten Left Ramp and Drop Target logic adds a whole new risk/reward challenge. Right Scoop Awards have been overhauled. Multiball jackpots have been increased for better balance. New optional Tournament Mode adjustment has been added. Previously unused voice calls and music have been added. Many, many, bug fixes. Much more!
You can read all the details of the changes and download the patch from my website at:
http://www.pinballcode.com
Let me know what you think.
Merry Christmas!

Excellent, will have to update the beta code in my game. For the record I believe the sound callout is "fly up the ramp" under the audio changes section at the end.

#828 1 year ago

20170515_160607 (resized).jpg

#829 1 year ago

20170512_065242 (resized).jpg

#830 1 year ago

20170514_165447 (resized).jpg

#831 1 year ago

20170512_065249 (resized).jpg

20170512_065222 (resized).jpg

20170506_042151 (resized).jpg

#832 1 year ago

Look killer man.

#833 1 year ago

So for some reason my hook machine all of a sudden thinks there is a ball missing and it keeps kicking two balls into the shooter lane. Does anyone have any suggestions. I tried tricking the machine with another ball but its not working

#834 1 year ago

Chad, I noticed this while looking through the new default high score initials... are you adding initials for testers as a subtle thank you?

IMG_1201 (resized).JPG

#835 1 year ago
Quoted from Crash:

Chad, I noticed this while looking through the new default high score initials... are you adding initials for testers as a subtle thank you?

Yep!

#836 1 year ago

Holy crap, thanks!! Also, pretty creative!

Played it some more today and the last minor issue I knew of (which was Tinkerbell repeating "Shoot it!" every 5 seconds in the shooter lane and wasn't expecting you to fix) is now gone. I'd say it's perfect now.

1 week later
#837 1 year ago

So, guess I am a new member of the Hook club. Picked it up sort of accidentally at Pin A Go Go. Thought I would not like it much and it would probably be a short term member of my small collection. But kind of like it, especially after getting it cleaned up. Need to pull the art off of the back glass and re-apply it to get rid of the hundreds of bubbles. But plays fun, and even after many tries, just can't seem to hit that left ramp over and over, which keeps it challenging at the moment. And so far, my friends really like it.

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

So, guess I am a new member of the Hook club. Picked it up sort of accidentally at Pin A Go Go. Thought I would not like it much and it would probably be a short term member of my small collection. But kind of like it, especially after getting it cleaned up. Need to pull the art off of the back glass and re-apply it to get rid of the hundreds of bubbles. But plays fun, and even after many tries, just can't seem to hit that left ramp over and over, which keeps it challenging at the moment. And so far, my friends really like it.

If you don't have the code update... make sure you get it.

http://www.pinballcode.com/

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

How do you re apply the backglass. I would like to know because mine as well has some bubbles in it

#840 1 year ago

Replying to both recent notes: Will look up the code update, but anything solid state is a little daunting to me, so may need help or advice to load it. As for backglass graphic, I think in the first pages of the Hook club postings there was a description. Basically it sounded like a slow careful peel of the graphic, then after cleaning the glass reapply with a squeegee. But don't take my word for it, please look it up before proceeding.

#841 1 year ago

OK , please help ... I got a hook from a yard sale , the MPU board is pretty burned up and the power supply is shot , how about someone out there hook me up with a decent repairable board , not one that is perfect , but one that with a few parts will work ... just one that don't look like it was in a fire ... any help would be appreciated. .. BTW , I know they sell new boards , but I can't afford a new one ... maybe one of you bought a new board and your old ones just sitting around ...help a poor pinhead out , like I said HOOK me up , pun intended ...

Thanks

#842 1 year ago

Oh yeah , I'm not talking free , I'm able to pay something , just not a gazillion dollars ..

#843 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Need to pull the art off of the back glass and re-apply it to get rid of the hundreds of bubbles.

Quoted from garretswinning:

How do you re apply the backglass. I would like to know because mine as well has some bubbles in it

Checkout the excellent Hook shop log by retrorefurbs he used anti-static spray to remove the bubbles with before/after pictures
http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/hook-the-restoration-youve-been-waiting-for.19738/page-4#post-157495

#844 1 year ago

Hey guys, I got my Power supply worked on by John Wart, my DMD is still scrambling and resetting. What should I move onto next?

I love the new code so far. I did find a slight bug where it occasionally says Ball 1 during Ball 3. I messaged Chad on his website, just wanted to post it here too incase he sees this first.

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I love the new code so far. I did find a slight bug where it occasionally says Ball 1 during Ball 3. I messaged Chad on his website, just wanted to post it here too incase he sees this first.

I've never seen this bug nor have I heard any other reports of this. Is this one reproducable? If you are able to make it happen again, it would be very helpful to get this recorded so I can watch it happen. Has anyone else seen this bug?

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I've never seen this bug nor have I heard any other reports of this. Is this one reproducable? If you are able to make it happen again, it would be very helpful to get this recorded so I can watch it happen. Has anyone else seen this bug?

Yeah, I can get a video of it. It flashes briefly from 1 to 3 in between animations. I've never not had it happen so I should be able to post a video Thursday

#847 1 year ago

Hey guys, I got my Power supply worked on by John Wart, my DMD is still scrambling and resetting. What should I move onto next?

Is this relating to your DMD scrambling/resetting (and not Chads update)? My DMD does similar during game play and after it resets it says Ball 1/Credit 0 (rather than correct ball in play and Freeplay), the score continues counting correctly. Mine did this before Chads update and resets less often since I replaced the ribbon cable.

#848 1 year ago

Mine did the same. Replaced both ribbon cables and it resolved it (so far). Don't think it's related to the new code.

#849 1 year ago

I guess it could be the resetting issue. I never thought of it that way. The score remaining correct and the ball count changing threw me off, but I supposed that could be it.

Where did you buy your DE ribbon cables? I'll buy some today.

#850 1 year ago

I guess it could be the resetting issue. I never thought of it that way. The score remaining correct and the ball count changing threw me off, but I supposed that could be it.
Where did you buy your DE ribbon cables? I'll buy some today.

I found the correct Ribbon cables and have ordered them. I'll update you once I install. I hope this fixes the DMD resetting/garbage on screen. I've been fighting it for months.

I also installed some Cliffy's yesterday. Its my first time ordering from him and they are very well made and a great looking product.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Boards
PinSound
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 63.00
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 299.00
$ 275.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
There are 1639 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 33.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside