IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 171.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

We'll have a fresh GTOG Pro and Premium at INDISC January 12-14 at the Museum of Pinball for INDISC Pinball Tournament and Pinball Festival. Come check them out. We'll have about 440 other pins on free play too.
I'll be deciding which one to purchase based on my personal play experience between the two but I'm leaning toward the premium.

Im hoping you get the premium also...

#102 6 years ago

Anyone else jonesing to get the preorders yet??? Was reading some were getting their pro's today....

#103 6 years ago

Pick up my Pro from cointaker today. Great people to deal with as always! Truck left Stern on Friday arrived there today. I went straight from work to grab it.

Added Shaker motor, switch Lane protectors, gave it a quick wax along with mylar in the shooter Lane.

Couple of quick First Impressions. Only got to play a couple games before having to go to bed.

Game looks amazing, triangle inserts are color changing. I wasn't expecting that. The rest look awesome also. Ramps are smooth. Initial feeling is I don't feel like I'm playing Metallica or Iron Man but there are shots that make me feel like it. However, those are two of my favorite game so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Right ramp seems a little tight. Drop down Target is a dangerous shot as it can rebound back at you pretty quickly not quite as fast as the Rocket Kick Back though.

None of my games have color changing flipper buttons but I think I'm going to add them on this. Switch lanes protectors are a must because the ball drops right over them.

Code is very early. There are no call-outs at the moment that I have found in the couple of games that I've played. Cherry Bomb is in there and the snippet of Hooked on a Feeling.

Goodie bag does not have slingshot Plastics in it only a Keychain.

Definitely has tons of potential as a keeper for me. Really looking forward to what the code is going to bring

20171120_195514 (resized).jpg20171120_195514 (resized).jpg

20171120_204324 (resized).jpg20171120_204324 (resized).jpg

20171120_194142 (resized).jpg20171120_194142 (resized).jpg

20171120_195509 (resized).jpg20171120_195509 (resized).jpg

#104 6 years ago

Can you saw what the code version # is?

#105 6 years ago

Congratulations to you guys that are getting your GOTG games. This game looks awesome I think! I'm jealous!!!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Can you saw what the code version # is?

1511230570108579576521 (resized).jpg1511230570108579576521 (resized).jpg

#107 6 years ago

Thanks!

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Pick up my Pro from cointaker today. Great people to deal with as always! Truck left Stern on Friday arrived there today. I went straight from work to grab it.
Added Shaker motor, switch Lane protectors, gave it a quick wax along with mylar in the shooter Lane.
Couple of quick First Impressions. Only got to play a couple games before having to go to bed.
Game looks amazing, triangle inserts are color changing. I wasn't expecting that. The rest look awesome also. Ramps are smooth. Initial feeling is I don't feel like I'm playing Metallica or Iron Man but there are shots that make me feel like it. However, those are two of my favorite game so that's not necessarily a bad thing. Right ramp seems a little tight. Drop down Target is a dangerous shot as it can rebound back at you pretty quickly not quite as fast as the Rocket Kick Back though.
None of my games have color changing flipper buttons but I think I'm going to add them on this. Switch lanes protectors are a must because the ball drops right over them.
Code is very early. There are no call-outs at the moment that I have found in the couple of games that I've played. Cherry Bomb is in there and the snippet of Hooked on a Feeling.
Goodie bag does not have slingshot Plastics in it only a Keychain.
Definitely has tons of potential as a keeper for me. Really looking forward to what the code is going to bring

Congratulations! Thanks for taking some time and posting your first impression.

#109 6 years ago

Gratz to all that got their pro's! Looks awesome!!!

Curious to read opinions now that some have had overnight.

#110 6 years ago

The one I received was 0.65 as well. Signed up on the mailing list for updates. Can't wait for more. The game shoots like a dream.

edit: man my phone cam sucks.

15113062416711429494644 (resized).jpg15113062416711429494644 (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

The one I received was 0.65 as well. Signed up on the mailing list for updates. Can't wait for more. The game shoots like a dream.
edit: man my phone cam sucks.

Thats thing looks cool, give us a review after you get some games in...

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I did a live unboxing, setup, and play today.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203252907

#113 6 years ago

I seem to have Switch errors, though #59, #60, #61, and #62 -- all related to groot switches...but he works fine. I'm not sure what to make of it.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Overall its a really fun game, the game play seems to share a lot with Aerosmith. Hit Groot to lite lock, the 2 targets next to Groot lite the left lane ball save (like VIP). The missions also remind me of Aerosmith code as the are all timed (30 sec) where you have to hit X number of the lit targets which change depending on the mode; the scoop adds a ball in multiball, or adds time during modes. Extra ball lights at the scoop as soon as you start the 3rd mode; the scoop mystery awarded me a spinner target increase (the Pro has no spinner) once. Seems the big scoring strategy is to hit Groot, lock balls, and start multiball rounds (this does count as a mode) and of course its best to have a mode running during multiballs. I'm sure there is mini wizard mode for starting all modes (they flash if started and not completed) as well as a wizard mode for completing all modes (lit solid after completing)

Completing all of the Hardon targets grants you a "Smart Missile" I save these up for multiball rounds then use them all right before I loose my second to last ball, by doing this you can be awardes some really big points, and if you have enough to clear the first multiball level, you get all the balls back to continue the next level in multiball.

Overall it's a really fun game to play and I really enjoy playing it; will I add one to my collection? I'm still undecided, but my wife really likes it and this was a big factor in my Aerosmith purchase, so I will more than likely buy one; will probably go with a pro on this one though as there doesn't seem to be enough bang for the buck with the other builds and the pro is not as stripped down as other games from Stern.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Even better, thanks

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Nice job on the live feed today! It was fun to watch!

Though I will say I'm never going to 'unbox' a NIB pin again without thinking about the way you 'opened' your box.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Nice job on the live feed today! It was fun to watch!
Though I will say I'm never going to 'unbox' a NIB pin again without thinking about the way you 'opened' your box.

what can I say I was excited!

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

what can I say I was excited!

Agree, The feed was AWESOME today. Thanks for taking the time to share!!!

I have to keep my box intact or my kids will disown me... I think they are more excited about getting the giant box than the game. LOL

#119 6 years ago

Haha! That's awesome. I'll be streaming again around ~9pm est at http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables if you want to see more. Stephen's streaming his Star Trek right now in a drunken state.

#120 6 years ago

Some newer code. Mine is 0.65, but in the same shipment had some with 0.066

IMG_5149 (resized).jpgIMG_5149 (resized).jpg

#121 6 years ago

Waiting for new code on a Stern? SMH.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Signed up on the mailing list for updates.

Just FYI that those official code update e-mails always come late. We had the same sign up on BM66, but we don't get updated by e-mail until the next day, if at all. For instance, late this afternoon, .83 code dropped for BM66. I found out in the club thread. Still no e-mail from Stern.

#123 6 years ago

Got mine today, first new game Ive ever had, had the guys over .. we played it for about 3-4 hours.. seems fun,, will be much better when voice stuff gets added, my kids loved it.

#124 6 years ago

Can somone look at the cpu board and tell me if theyve put back the audio out plug?
Cheers

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#125 6 years ago

hey Butch2099, can you post up some pics of the inner cabinet at the front and rear? is there any corner reinforcement on the pro's? On SW we started to see Premium/LE's get some upgrades to help with splitting, sadly the SW Pro's didn't seem to have them, wondering if Stern is going the same route.

#126 6 years ago

More GotG stream at 530pm est with your pal tradinat0r.

http://www.twitch.tv/pinballundesirables

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

with your pal tradinat0r.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

hey Butch2099, can you post up some pics of the inner cabinet at the front and rear? is there any corner reinforcement on the pro's? On SW we started to see Premium/LE's get some upgrades to help with splitting, sadly the SW Pro's didn't seem to have them, wondering if Stern is going the same route.

I believe those reinforcements were only present because of the increased weight that star wars pre/le has (habitrails, etc...)

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Gratz to all that got their pro's! Looks awesome!!!
Curious to read opinions now that some have had overnight.

Got my game Tuesday. Had five local pinheads over last night to get their first looks and plays on it with me. Everybody liked this pin and agreed it's a winner.

It shoots very smooth and is fun. All raved about the artwork. The Rocket shot really fires back fast at you. Magnet does some neat stuff with balls. Groot head works great and looks awesome. Multiball's are very good.

Came with .66 code.

Also a footnote : The game does not play Like Metallica or Aerosmith. ( I have those titles too ) The five guys that played with me last night all said this is a different game from the others for sure. No fears to add this game to your collection if you have Met or AS.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Got my game Tuesday. Had five local pinheads over last night to get their first looks and plays on it with me. Everybody liked this pin and agreed it's a winner.

It shoots very smooth and is fun. All raved about the artwork. The Rocket shot really fires back fast at you. Magnet does some neat stuff with balls. Groot head works great and looks awesome. Multiball's are very good.

I was just going to post almost the same exact thing! Had people over last night & they all thought it shot very well. Had other machines going so the lack of callouts wasn't glaring.

I'll try to look today, but I didn't notice anything extra when I installed the shaker.

Going to be adding some mods from Lermods in the next week. I'll post some pictures when I get them in/installed.

#131 6 years ago

The boy approves. He still loves Star Wars the most but also loves Groot. When Groot gets fully programmed it's really going to draw people in. I'm very happy - I now have a game with Aerosmith rules and a Metallica layout with a drop target lock and a very fun and well implemented magnet. For those not on v0.66 you are missing some key effects, just as an fyi. Feeling very thankful on this special holiday.
Ps. First game he broke 60 million. Not bad for a four year old...
20171122_165509 (resized).jpg20171122_165509 (resized).jpg

#132 6 years ago

Pps. My playfield looks amazeballs. Crystal clear clear coat, no ghosting, even my wife who's not into pinball commented on it.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Came with .66 code.
Also a footnote : The game does not play Like Metallica or Aerosmith. ( I have those titles too ) The five guys that played with me last night all said this is a different game from the others for sure. No fears to add this game to your collection if you have Met or AS.

Thank you for taking the time to post. We are really looking forward to more comments and Pics! We have Met and AS so thanks for the comment.

Happy Flipping!

#134 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For those not on v0.66 you are missing some key effects, just as an fyi.

Can you expand on the differences between the .65 and .66 code versions? or is it just magnet effects as far as you know?

Totally agree that GOTG biggest selling point other than the licence/theme is the layout (hints of MET/IM) and the accessible rules of AS, I was surprised how much I enjoyed AS, but not an Aerosmith fan so couldn't bring one home.

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you expand on the differences between the .65 and .66 code versions? or is it just magnet effects as far as you know?
Totally agree that GOTG biggest selling point other than the licence/theme is the layout (hints of MET/IM) and the accessible rules of AS, I was surprised how much I enjoyed AS, but not an Aerosmith fan so couldn't bring one home.

Hey, for once not a downvote from you!

I can't comment extensively on 0.65 to 0.66 as my game came with 0.66, but my friend's game from the same shipment had 0.65. He had some questions and concerns over 0.65 that my game didnt have, most notably magnet effects as you suggest, groot working properly, and some minor things that escape me right now. Same boat as you, love the Aerosmith game and rules but could never own that theme, glad GOTG has captured so much goodness from other pins.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'll try to look today, but I didn't notice anything extra when I installed the shaker.
Going to be adding some mods from lermods in the next week. I'll post some pictures when I get them in/installed.

ok thank you, I hope when the LE guys/gals get theirs maybe they can post up pics, might be a hidden feature like SW was for the Premium/LE's I'll be glad to post up some pics when I get mine.

#137 6 years ago

.65 code and its a winner?
stern loves buyers like you.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Owners thread.

You can post plenty of your BS on plenty of other Stern bashing threads.

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Owners thread.
You can post plenty of your BS on plenty of other Stern bashing threads.

wow internet tough guy

why aint you playing your great gotg right now?

#140 6 years ago

GOTGLE’s shipping next week, Will be here in time for Xmas!!

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

wow internet tough guy
why aint you playing your great gotg right now?

Like I said.. Take your shit elsewhere. It is quite obvious you are not on Pinside for pinball.

FYI. It is a bit hard to play my GOTG when it is on a ship!
You are a perfect example of what the ignore feature is for! Just because you do not like GOTG does not mean I do not have to like it either.

#143 6 years ago

"Here is your unfinished machine!!! We'll finish it in a couple of years. Stay tuned"

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

"Here is your unfinished machine!!! We'll finish it in a couple of years. Stay tuned"

I cannot help how you feel. Just vote with your wallet and do whatever makes you happy. We are super excited to get our GOTGLE! There is nothing you can do, post, say, try to say, try to do that will change our mind. We are looking forward to plenty of pictures and sharing plenty of fun with all the owners on this thread.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

TWD took a few years to complete and now its epic (and its on your collection list). I dont regret my purchase on that either. If its fun to play right out of the box thats all that matters and thats GOTG to me. Anyone that has ever bought NIB STERN knows this and that will never change. Now go take your BS into the Guardians of the Galaxy is here thread where it could be considered relevant and leave us to our own.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Like I said.. Take your shit elsewhere. It is quite obvious you are not on Pinside for pinball.
FYI. It is a bit hard to play my GOTG when it is on a ship!
You are a perfect example of what the ignore feature is for! Just because you do not like GOTG does not mean I do not have to like it either.

hey drama queen this is an interesting thread as i wanted to hear what owners opinions were. you dont even have a game in your house yet and you are here posting also.

i cant believe that a pin with .65 can be great. i really wanted to buy gotg a pro. i was in contact with melissa at cointaker who was getting a shipment on monday and i could have had one this week. after watching the gameplay video i passed. i did not like the fact it was shipping with .65 code. many people agree with me, some buyers are willing to buy it and wait out the code for a year. i cant do this, i am not gonna throw 5600 on a purchase and be aggravated for a year. i dont have patience for this. for those buyers that do, this is their choice we are all big boys and girls here.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

hey drama queen this is an interesting thread as i wanted to hear what owners opinions were. you dont even have a game in your house yet and you are here posting also.
i cant believe that a pin with .65 can be great. i really wanted to buy gotg a pro. i was in contact with melissa at cointaker who was getting a shipment on monday and i could have had one this week. after watching the gameplay video i passed. i did not like the fact it was shipping with .65 code. many people agree with me, some buyers are willing to buy it and wait out the code for a year. i cant do this, i am not gonna throw 5600 on a purchase and be aggrivated for a year. i dont have patience for this. for those buyers that do that is their choice we are all big boys and girls here.

Have a little class dude. No need to shit on others purchases in the owners thread when they are just happy to get it. Plenty of other threads for that.

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Have a little class dude. No need to shit on others purchases in the owners thread when they are just happy to get it. Plenty of other threads for that.

not shitting on anybody m'lady. read my post.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I didn’t see anywhere that T-800 said 0.65 is a winner, he was courteous enough to reply to my question about the difference between 0.65 and 0.66.

Honestly being an owner of BM66LE there is nothing worse than people who don’t have any intention of buying the game or have anything positive to say, dropping into an owners club and shitting on new owners excitement, we are all aware it’s a lottery when it comes to code being an early buyer, no one needs anyone else making that wait any harder or less exciting.

#150 6 years ago

ok thank you, I hope when the LE guys/gals get theirs maybe they can post up pics, might be a hidden feature like SW was for the Premium/LE's I'll be glad to post up some pics when I get mine.

Looks like an extra piece of wood is there.

20171123_192523 (resized).jpg20171123_192523 (resized).jpg

20171123_192518 (resized).jpg20171123_192518 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
$ 28.00
$ 25.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,519 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/3?hl=mitoska and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.