IMG_20240128_180259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#104 6 years ago

Can you saw what the code version # is?

#107 6 years ago

Thanks!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

with your pal tradinat0r.

1 week later
#189 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This game is crazy fffaassttt, fun and hard. I believe the loud minority bitching about callouts/clips in other thread(s) are silly geese that weren’t going to be happy no matter what. I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised by GOTG so far overall. It plays like Irontallica. If you like either of those games there’s a strong chance you’ll love this. Missed shots are punished quickly. It’s pretty too. Movie callouts would be cooler no doubt but it’s not a huge deal as an operator and won’t be huge to me when I have it home either.
Also- I have a shaker installed since game one and haven’t noticed much integration yet.

Got mine in yesterday and installed the shaker first thing played a few games and said to myself "did i install the shaker? is it not working or am i just super used to it that i dont notice it anymore?" then i played another game and felt it a few times. Its very subtle at this point in time and needs to be added more. Game is crazy fast, needs a right ramp air ball kit for sure, i had some balls just rocket off that ramp and back in the pops regularly. I really am loving the shot layout and love groot spitting the balls at me. The voice actor difference doesnt really bother me, i do wish there were specific shot callouts tied in and am hoping they are adding some and we just havent seen them yet.

#192 6 years ago

What are your thoughts?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Rocket call outs are the custom stuff. Will be in next update.

Awesome! Thanks for the info

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree and I hope it stays that way too. Fat chance though I'd say unfortunately

The mods are usually pretty good about keeping/kicking the shit stirers out of the owner threads.

#206 6 years ago

My only gripe with the game right now is that the ball wont stay on the right ramp 3/5 shots it rockets off.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

my fav part of the code is when i get mystery award "increase spinner value" and there is not a spinner in this game
SWEEEEETTTTTT

I guess thats why its called mystery?

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not recommend protectors unless you like the added florescent aesthetic look they give. I have yet to break plastics on my home use games. If I had games on route that got heavily played I might buy plastic protectors, but probably not(I think they are a waste of money). The only protection that GOTG needs is a Mantis or Cliffy for right scoop-need this like yesterday. Also I added a small piece of mylar to playfield where magnet is. I did not want to see Sanctum type wear appear. I also added mylar to shooter lane, the eject on this title is strong and I will probably also add a shooter eject protector.

The drop target will more then likely need a protector also.

#322 6 years ago

laserriffic has made one already its for sale at pinball life.

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

As an early adopter buyer of this game with .65 then updating the .72 I have to say last nights code .73 was a huge step in the right direction. More so than expected.
Things are starting to come along quite well now, video aspects are cleaned up and added more sound effects better call outs integrated better.
From what I'm told they're supposed to be one or two more updates before the 15 December. Absolutely the custom call outs from rocket will be added for sure.

i updated last night but ended up falling asleep on the couch before playing a game. Looking forward to playing tonight and appreciate the inside info about more updates to come.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am thinking the right scoop might be the same dimension as Metallica Mystery scoop. I have a cliffy on mine, can someone measure or compare, I want to order one but want to make sure first before I order.

it might be the same size but i doubt the met protector will work due to how shallow the scoop is. Its much like lock scoop on star trek in depths of shallowness.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Ran into some updates issues. Formatted my usb stick to fat32, downloaded and unzipped the 2 gotg .73 files to the root directory.
Insert usb, first tried quick update, no verify. It tartes updating, then halfway through-ish (2.743 installed)it says Game Code Update: Unpack failed.
Tried it again with full update, and verify, same shit. And, when removing the usb and rebooting, it just jumps to the game code update screen, has it erased the old code and is now stuck in limbo land?
Any tips why it should fail to unpack?
Cheers,
Morten

i had this same problem on my star wars with one of my sticks, it took formatting the drive and reloading the files on to it a few times before it finally worked. And samething happene to me, failed mid update which then basiclly cause it to have no code until i got it work. Do full update with no verify, try the other usb port on the board also.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

When my machine auto launches the ball, it has a tendency to fly into the backboard? Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

mine hasnt been, but i noticed last night playing on the new code that it was doing it was launching it into the back panel a lot more then before, not sure if they bumped the power up in the code update.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The path from Pro to Promium continues...
Added ramp lighting, colored posts, and Pin Stadium lights

you need to tone it down a bit on all the lights, starting to get a bit much. I like the protectors, the lights in the back of the ramp area and groots mouth, but the rest to me is over the top. However to each their own, if you like it thats all that matters!

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Holden4:

Newbie question my wife wanted to know if there was a way to reset or clear the factory highscores? I’m pretty sure you just beat them off but she wanted me to ask.
Also good tip on the rubbers I’m going to raise mine when I get home as sometimes hitting a rocket or orb shot after it slingshots back can go flying lol

you can lower the default high scores in the settings individually.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Does anyone else have an issue with balls kicked out of the scoop going SDTM?

i dont, but there is a coil adjustment for the right scoop you could try turning the power down.

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Are there big difference between Titan and Superbands? I thought they were the same material, but maybe not.

Titan is silicone, superbands are polyurethane. Very very very different, and play completely different as well. IMO Titans are far far superior but everyone has their open opinions on both brands. If you have never tried titans please do, hell i will even send you a couple samples cause thats how much i love them haha.

#475 6 years ago

Just finished up doing my GOTG in titan rubber. Orange on flipper bats (changed bats from yellow to white) clear everywhere except the posts by the ramps which I did in blue. I have a complete ring kit written down I'll add it to the titan website soon.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Dr willy looks good whats up with those yellow flashers ? Is that stock ? Mine came with red

I changed them to yellow, i have flashers caps in every color on hand, and i wasnt digging the red so tested all the colors last night and yellow looked best to me.

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I was thinking of green or (if they have it) teal. did you try that? if so, what didn't you like about it? I would have thought green would look nice next to the colors of the plastic and groot's roots.

I dont have teal caps but do have green, green was my third favorite. The issue is that the led pcb board underneath is a very bright cool white led, and when you put it behind some colors it doesnt come out great. Green was okay but wasnt very bright. I can swap on a green cap on one of them and take a pic and show you later tonight when i start adding other stuff.

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What about purple? Providing stern put the dance off scene in the game as a mode I want a full on purple blaze of light while “we’re the guardians of the galaxy bitch” is said out loud

Purple was my first go to thinking it would be best, and turned out to be one of the worse, the cap isnt tinted enough and you can basically see white light through the purple tinted cap. Ill just toss everyone i have on one at a time and post pics and people can pick which they like best if they choose to change them.

#488 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

dr-willy What bats are they? I see Sterns sometimes with Bally bats and am always curious what people use and why.
Thanks

These are just regular white flipper bats from pinball life. I only changed them cause I've never liked the look of yellow bats.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=269

#489 6 years ago

Okay here is a lit and unlit shot of each color of flasher cap i have. Please note, im not and dont claim to be a photographer. One of the caps looks red but is actually orange, its just a shade lighter then the red caps that come stock. I didnt take any pics of the stock red cap.

amber unlit (resized).JPEGamber unlit (resized).JPEG

amber lit (resized).JPEGamber lit (resized).JPEG

blue lit (resized).JPEGblue lit (resized).JPEG

blue unlit (resized).JPEGblue unlit (resized).JPEG

clear lit (resized).JPEGclear lit (resized).JPEG

clear unlit (resized).JPEGclear unlit (resized).JPEG

green lit (resized).JPEGgreen lit (resized).JPEG

green unlit (resized).JPEGgreen unlit (resized).JPEG

orange lit (resized).JPEGorange lit (resized).JPEG

orange unlit (resized).JPEGorange unlit (resized).JPEG

purple lit (resized).JPEGpurple lit (resized).JPEG

purple unlit (resized).JPEGpurple unlit (resized).JPEG

#490 6 years ago

And here is a few pics of the machine after i installed mirror blades on it last night for anyone who is curious what they look like on this machine.

MB1 (resized).JPGMB1 (resized).JPG

MB2 (resized).JPGMB2 (resized).JPG

MB3 (resized).JPGMB3 (resized).JPG

MB4 (resized).JPGMB4 (resized).JPG

#547 6 years ago
Quoted from defonze88:

Has anyone purchased the topper can't really tell if it has lights etc is it worth the money?

I don't think they are shipping yet?

#549 6 years ago

I had the ball fors this during groot multiball, got two stick and the scoop would eject even after ball searching many times.

#566 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Has anyone hooked up a shaker yet? How is the integration? I know a shaker is a must for Iron Man, I am thinking the shaker would be a good fit for GOTG.

i have one, i havent got to play a lot of .80 yet, but i can tell you there wasnt a lot of shaker integration up this code update, hoping .80 added some more.

#573 6 years ago

Here is the full thing copied and pasted from their facebook.

We heard you loud and clear! Our customers are loving the new Guardians of the Galaxy Pinball Machine, but we have heard that more original soundtrack music would be appreciated! We have been working very hard behind the scenes to get you more music!

In the upcoming GOTG code update, you will find "I want you back" by the Jackson 5 1969 and "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell 1967!

This will be the first time the King of Pop or Marvin Gaye have ever been in a full production pinball machine in any form!

Expect this update very soon, and Happy Holidays from all of us here at Stern Pinball!

#601 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

So this may be a dumb question as I’ve not really even looked around. Would Groot’s arms just be a simple add on to the pro model game? And do you think stern would probably be selling those any time soon

stern isnt going to sell something unique to their premium model no matter if they just bolt on or not, however im sure one of the modders will come up with something very similar.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

I'm pretty sure Stern will sell any part to any distributor that requests said parts.

I guess this is possible. I more meant stern selling it direct as an add on.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What about the swingin bell for acdc?
Or was that someone else who made that??

stern added the swining bell's to the pro led model later on, im not sure if someone made a bell mod before that for the pros.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I lifted the playfield and only the top left magnet was warm.

what im curious to see is if when programed the magnets behave separately from each other, or if its going to be an all of them on type of thing, if its just all of them on, the two additional ones could more then likely be added to the pro and just daisied chained off the one already there.

3 months later
#1773 5 years ago

curious to hear about the topper and what it does now as i kinda of want one.

1 week later
#1971 5 years ago

Any video of the topper in action with the new code?

2 weeks later
#2077 5 years ago

Has anyone found anyone selling the ramp decals for the premium and le? I want to add them to my pro.

#2079 5 years ago

- Added variations of Groot saying "I Am Groot" to “Groot Multiball” Start. These are also synced to the movement of Groot's mouth.
- Groot's mouth is now synced to the speech during the “Groot Multiball” Start sequence.
- Added speech to “Groot Multiball” start.

Sounds like his mouth moves to say i am groot now.

1 week later
#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am looking at an LE and I will probably be simply removing the hands, after playing a premium I love everything about this game except the hands.

can i buy them from you?

#2196 5 years ago

Can anyone with an LE or premium take some pics of the GI lighting for me? I know they have red blue and white bulbs mixed and i want to do this to the GI on my pro as i really like the way it looked.

2 weeks later
#2326 5 years ago

My topper showed up yesterday (thanks ebay 20% off coupon!), cant wait to get it installed, i bought the groot shooter rod also.

2 years later
#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Thanks for the link (https://pu-parts.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-inside-art-blades)!!
I just emailed him. Asked if I could get multiples to distribute to the Ravagers here.

I’ll take a set too

9 months later
#5645 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had issues with their groot kickout getting weak? Mine all the sudden takes multiple tries to get the three locked balls out.

I replaced the coil sleeve in the coil already and hadn’t made a difference, going to swap the coil next but it appears to be in good shape. The mech moves freely too, not sure what is going on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 28.00
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=dr-willy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.