IMG_0680 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2670 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240408_213207470 (resized).jpg
IMG_5215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0102 (resized).jpeg
plate do facao (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 172.
#8501 47 days ago

I may pickup a gotg pro from my friend since it’s a good price. Normally not a pro guy but hey saves a lot of $$. Everyone love the game? Looks like I’ll need the Cleland sound mod for sure.

Wish stern would rerun the topper already.

#8502 46 days ago

This is my first venture in custom shooting rods. I got this one from The Modfather, but didn't realize how big it is. It's so big and heavy the ball won't plunge very high. Does anybody have suggestions on a cool shooting rod they like?

IMG_20240408_213207470 (resized).jpgIMG_20240408_213207470 (resized).jpg

#8503 46 days ago

just created a cover for my GOTG:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVgy6fBfNuk5YXAGj9Zn_cVu2jUKi5ZZ/view?usp=drive_link

you just need to print it on magnetic foil in 565mmx1160mm size.
the image on the download link is in much bigger resolution, this on is just to show how it looks

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8504 46 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

This is my first venture in custom shooting rods. I got this one from The Modfather, but didn't realize how big it is. It's so big and heavy the ball won't plunge very high. Does anybody have suggestions on a cool shooting rod they like?
[quoted image]

Tilt Grafix has an appropriately sized and weighted Starlord shooter:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/guardians-of-the-galaxy-shooter-rod

#8505 45 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Does anybody have suggestions on a cool shooting rod they like?
[quoted image]

I’m a huge fan of this guys shooter rods. They look great but more importantly feel amazing!

https://superskillshot.com/products/gotg-guardians-baby-groot-shooter-rod?_pos=3&_sid=03412effb&_ss=r

#8506 45 days ago

Shooter rod tip wasn't lined up good. It was too much to the left. It took two washers on one side to make the rod line up. It had to be like this from the getgo, but the stock rod didn't care about good alignment. It could probably use a one or two step up in spring strength, but I can not get the ball all the way up to the two top rollovers.

#8507 45 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Shooter rod tip wasn't lined up good. It was too much to the left. It took two washers on one side to make the rod line up. It had to be like this from the getgo, but the stock rod didn't care about good alignment. It could probably use a one or two step up in spring strength, but I can not get the ball all the way up to the two top rollovers.

Does your cabinet have playfield alignment brackets installed? (Tiny metal pieces installed on the left and right in the cabinet near where the playfield sits.) If you don't have those installed, the shooter will align differently every time you raise/lower the playfield. Get the brackets installed (if needed) and then see if the shooter plate can be moved left or right by loosening the three screws on the back, aligning, and then tightening them down. The shooter plate should always be flush to the cabinet face wooden panel.

#8508 44 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Does your cabinet have playfield alignment brackets installed? (Tiny metal pieces installed on the left and right in the cabinet near where the playfield sits.) If you don't have those installed, the shooter will align differently every time you raise/lower the playfield. Get the brackets installed (if needed) and then see if the shooter plate can be moved left or right by loosening the three screws on the back, aligning, and then tightening them down. The shooter plate should always be flush to the cabinet face wooden panel.

I'll have to look and this is my first Stern. I do notice there is more play there when lowering than other games I've had and try to keep it centered. That could play into it a bit though.

Edit: Also, besides a United Mexico from 1947, all my other games had push button launchers. This is my first modern game with a shooter rod.

#8509 44 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'll have to look and this is my first Stern. I do notice there is more play there when lowering than other games I've had and try to keep it centered. That could play into it a bit though.
Edit: Also, besides a United Mexico from 1947, all my other games had push button launchers. This is my first modern game with a shooter rod.

I’m in the same relative boat. After all these years just got a DMD era pin.

So was interested to play the newer pins and found a nice little place.

Out of all of them I really enjoyed Guardians.

Congratulations and have fun!
IMG_2670 (resized).jpegIMG_2670 (resized).jpeg

#8510 44 days ago
Quoted from Garrett:

I’m in the same relative boat. After all these years just got a DMD era pin.
So was interested to play the newer pins and found a nice little place.
Out of all of them I really enjoyed Guardians.
Congratulations and have fun!
[quoted image]

Thanks man. That place looks nice.

#8511 44 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

If the brackets are missing, PBL sells the left and right set and a couple of short hex screws for $3 or Stern may send if you ask Pablo nicely…

Ironically, the bracket mounting holes are probably predrilled even if the brackets were never installed at factory.

#8512 44 days ago

I just setup GOTG Premium, I had played the LE version many times, and loved the gameplay. I noticed that the missions were very different on mine, one of the most notable is I would always start with antiquities and the lanes are different on mine, also if I missed a mission I would start starlord and it would give me two balls. Mine does not follow any of the game play I was used to on my friends machine. I went through all of the settings and I am stumped. I thought I would ask everyone here.

#8513 44 days ago
Quoted from KSKiller:

I just setup GOTG Premium, I had played the LE version many times, and loved the gameplay. I noticed that the missions were very different on mine, one of the most notable is I would always start with antiquities and the lanes are different on mine, also if I missed a mission I would start starlord and it would give me two balls. Mine does not follow any of the game play I was used to on my friends machine. I went through all of the settings and I am stumped. I thought I would ask everyone here.

Did you check the code version?

#8514 43 days ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Did you check the code version?

That was it, I updated to the latest last night, and it fixed everything. Thanks for the quick reply!!

#8515 40 days ago

Quick free mod I had to do lol

#8516 40 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Good idea man…and it looks cool!

#8517 40 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Oh man, I need one of those. Love it!

#8518 40 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Nice, I got the purple disc from Mezel, which was pretty cheap, but not as cheap as that and yours does transmit more light.

#8519 40 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

My game is a keeper (it’s my wife’s favorite, so she tells me it is never leaving). I bought the cast metal orb from Hooked on Pinball. It doesn’t shine in your eyes and looks amazing.

I am all about making my own 3D printed tweaks to games. I wonder if you could have also just designed a small more cloudy diffuser in place of the purple lens that is there so as to still be able to see the inside of the orb.

2 weeks later
#8520 25 days ago

Hi all! Joined the club!

IMG_0680 (resized).jpegIMG_0680 (resized).jpeg
#8521 25 days ago

Congrats!

#8522 25 days ago
Quoted from DSKPin:

Hi all! Joined the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats. I noticed you have lighted RGB speaker frames. If interested, you *may* be able to swap the standard rotating controller with a $15 sound-activated one. It would take a few minutes to swap the controller since the LED frames are the same. That new controller makes the lighted frame color change effects INTERACTIVE with the audio track. Works very nice. Check with Doug if it's his frames.

#8523 24 days ago
Quoted from DSKPin:

Hi all! Joined the club!
[quoted image]

welcome!

#8524 24 days ago

hi all, I"m a member of the club and just made some of my custom pinbawlers armor for this game.

as with all my armor it's available on my pinside shop if anyone would like armor for their pro or premium

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/10772-pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-gotg

gotg-deluxe (resized).JPGgotg-deluxe (resized).JPG
#8525 24 days ago

Quick question, does anyone had encounter balls getting stuck near by the bumpers while you are playing? After the “searching ball” the bumpers eject them and it’s all good but it drives me mad when you trying to complete a mode and the ball stays/sits there until the machine starts looking for them, it’s a waste of time completely. If someone had experience something similar can you please share how you fixed it? I tried almost everything without any solution yet, thanks!

IMG_1312 (resized).jpegIMG_1312 (resized).jpeg

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-06 a la(s) 11.42.27?a.m. (resized).pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-05-06 a la(s) 11.42.27?a.m. (resized).png
#8526 24 days ago

There isn't supposed to be a full post rubber there. It is supposed to be an o ring. Identical to the one in your photo beside the red pop-bumper.

#8527 23 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Quick question, does anyone had encounter balls getting stuck near by the bumpers while you are playing? After the “searching ball” the bumpers eject them and it’s all good but it drives me mad when you trying to complete a mode and the ball stays/sits there until the machine starts looking for them, it’s a waste of time completely. If someone had experience something similar can you please share how you fixed it? I tried almost everything without any solution yet, thanks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

For reference, here's what mine looks like:

Green Groot Pop Bumper and post with rubber (resized).pngGreen Groot Pop Bumper and post with rubber (resized).png
#8528 23 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

There isn't supposed to be a full post rubber there. It is supposed to be an o ring. Identical to the one in your photo beside the red pop-bumper.

Ohhhh that makes sense! I bought it used and came with that post rubber already, so probably the previous owner assembled it and shipped like that. Thank you so much for the information my friend! I’m on my way to remove it already!

#8529 23 days ago
Quoted from Belcaw:

For reference, here's what mine looks like:[quoted image]

Yup! That’s it! Thank you so much for the help! Much appreciated!

#8530 23 days ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

Yup! That’s it! Thank you so much for the help! Much appreciated!

I would probably go through the entire game and verify what else is incorrect rubber wise now that you know.

#8531 21 days ago

Just bought a pro. Looking forward to getting it home. Always wanted a guardians. Never played one. I do like Borg though. TWD is my current fave.

#8532 16 days ago

Has anyone out of curiosity upgraded to the newest code from 1.09 (which mine is using the Cleland code, incredible). Any benefits or justification for it other than insider connect?

#8533 16 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Just bought a pro. Looking forward to getting it home. Always wanted a guardians. Never played one. I do like Borg though. TWD is my current fave.

it definitely grows on you (no Groot pun intended).

#8534 16 days ago

So my pro has the stern Groot arms. I always wanted the pro because I was worried they would block the shots too much. I guess I will try them and remove if I find they obstruct too much. Did anyone add them to the pro?

Edit: sorry went and had a read this topic about groot’s arms has been covered enough!!

#8535 9 days ago

Totally digging this armor I received today from pinbawlers.com! Easy to install and an attractive addition to the game!

IMG_0927 (resized).jpegIMG_0927 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 (resized).jpeg
#8536 9 days ago

Playfield is looking pretty sweet too…

IMG_0943 (resized).jpegIMG_0943 (resized).jpeg
#8537 9 days ago
Quoted from DSKPin:

Playfield is looking pretty sweet too…
[quoted image]

Was doing the Rocket protector a bitch and a half? I thought the outlanes one were a bitch with the posts that are loose and have to line back up perfectly and that's right up front.

#8538 9 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Was doing the Rocket protector a bitch and a half? I thought the outlanes one were a bitch with the posts that are loose and have to line back up perfectly and that's right up front.

It wasn’t too bad. I just took my time and a lot of pictures, so I would remember how it all went back together!

#8539 9 days ago
Quoted from DSKPin:

It wasn’t too bad. I just took my time and a lot of pictures, so I would remember how it all went back together!

I need to do that because it does look great. I see pics of guys that have them all over the game and thought, shit did you tear apart a brand new game to add all that?

#8540 9 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I need to do that because it does look great. I see pics of guys that have them all over the game and thought, shit did you tear apart a brand new game to add all that?

it was so worth it.

#8541 9 days ago

Arrived. Lots of fun. Some of the voices talk over the top of each other, but enjoying it overall.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8542 9 days ago

If you've had the chance to own and\or play both Guardians of the Galaxy PRO and a Turtles Premium pinball machines, and cost isn't a concern (including long-term resale value), which one would you pick for longevity and fun alone (to add to your home collection)? Considering your experience with both games, which would you instantly favor? Feel free to include a couple of reasons. I understand there might be a bias towards Guardians here!"

#8543 9 days ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

If you've had the chance to own and\or play both Guardians of the Galaxy PRO and a Turtles Premium pinball machines, and cost isn't a concern (including long-term resale value), which one would you pick for longevity and fun alone (to add to your home collection)? Considering your experience with both games, which would you instantly favor? Feel free to include a couple of reasons. I understand there might be a bias towards Guardians here!"

GOTG. I had a TMNT and it is no longer here.

#8544 8 days ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I liked turtles. I actually miss it sometimes. The code I thought was good besides the scoring imbalance that did not bother me too much. But the animations and modes are really varied. Levelling up was fun but I owned before IC. I Think the saved progression could have taken some of the fun away. Besides the 1-2-3 combo shot in turtles, I feel guardians shoots better. Also the foot hurry and weapon hurry ups would override any modes you were in which I didn’t like personally. I had a pro and would go pro in turtles. I’m still in honeymoon of guardians so I will say guardians!!

#8545 8 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I liked turtles. I actually miss it sometimes. The code I thought was good besides the scoring imbalance that did not bother me too much. But the animations and modes are really varied. Levelling up was fun but I owned before IC. I Think the saved progression could have taken some of the fun away. Besides the 1-2-3 combo shot in turtles, I feel guardians shoots better. Also the foot hurry and weapon hurry ups would override any modes you were in which I didn’t like personally. I had a pro and would go pro in turtles. I’m still in honeymoon of guardians so I will say guardians!!

Don’t get me wrong. I thought TMNT was fun, but there were some annoying aspects to it. The never ending 1-2-3 combo starts, the lair to drain, and what felt like overly steep ramps, wore on me a bit. I ended up trading it for an AIQ.

#8546 8 days ago

It’s really hard I like stern sound code in guardians hate me for it I know but for most people the sound in guardians is something they don’t like so tmnt but if you like the guardians stern music and your fine with it go with it. I love premiums and I am a pinball player and I still love premiums they add a lot for me so I would personally go tmnt premium but honestly guardians is so good if there is one for under $6,300 near you go get it!

#8547 8 days ago

Anybody else feel premiums are worth there dumb prices I know they aren’t worth it but they are too cool not to have? One is Star Wars idk if you need premium and Guardians in idk if you need premium and Aerosmith all good pros all the others I like premiums in !

#8548 8 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Arrived. Lots of fun. Some of the voices talk over the top of each other, but enjoying it overall. [quoted image]

I am sure you will love it.

We have had our LE since they came out and is one of our al time favorite games.

#8549 8 days ago
Quoted from Gamingrulin:

Anybody else feel premiums are worth there dumb prices I know they aren’t worth it but they are too cool not to have? One is Star Wars idk if you need premium and Guardians in idk if you need premium and Aerosmith all good pros all the others I like premiums in !

Some games I would only want premium like Stranger Things and Godzilla, but that the awesome thing about GOTG, the pro is lacking very little fromt the premium and is often preferred.

#8550 8 days ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Wasn’t too bad.

I was able to do it without taking Rocket off. Just had to shimmy the protector into place.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 25.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Los Angeles, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 172.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.