IMG_20240127_094244 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240127_094251 (resized).jpg
IMG_9019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9017 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20231219-WA0011(1) (resized).jpg
IMG-20231219-WA0001 (resized).jpg
IMG_2887 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 169.
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Yes it did for some reason, use link in my edited post above and you should see the video with a slight scroll.

#2102 5 years ago

Delete Double post.

#2103 5 years ago

Yeah, wow bonus scoring is very screwed up.

#2104 5 years ago

I have to say I'm not one of those people that was waiting for the Groot mech to sync with the voice. But now that it's here, it is very COOL!

The bonus structure is now actually worth something. Before it was not even worth trying to get. You were better off being very aggressive with nudging to keep the ball in play. They've now pulled in shot variety, multipliers, and completed modes into the calculation. Including the changes from the last update, they are giving huge incentives to complete modes instead of just qualifying them. I think that is a great change. They do need to fix the multiplayer bonus bug, but I hope they don't take away the mode completion part of the bonus calculation.

#2105 5 years ago

Updated to 1.00.0 last night. Couple things I noticed that I'd like to see if anyone else has.

1) Is there any audio to accompany the REPLAY video (the piece with the ship and the retro 80's font that says REPLAY)? That part is totally silent for me and seems like it should have some sort of audio.

2) I've posted this before, but seems like it is just my machine. Just before Groot "talks" his mouth stutters open slowly, possibly something binding mechanically or an end of travel switch not working. Then he'll close his mouth, then finally say "I am Groot" synced to the sound (which is awesome BTW). It's like my Groot has a bit of a speech impediment.

Other than those little things, new code seemed great. I've had my Pro since Christmas and I've been very happy with the steady flow of updates.

-RF

#2106 5 years ago

Come on get some pros on the line!

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from OchoFosho:

Updated to 1.00.0 last night. Couple things I noticed that I'd like to see if anyone else has.
1) Is there any audio to accompany the REPLAY video (the piece with the ship and the retro 80's font that says REPLAY)? That part is totally silent for me and seems like it should have some sort of audio.
2) I've posted this before, but seems like it is just my machine. Just before Groot "talks" his mouth stutters open slowly, possibly something binding mechanically or an end of travel switch not working. Then he'll close his mouth, then finally say "I am Groot" synced to the sound (which is awesome BTW). It's like my Groot has a bit of a speech impediment.
Other than those little things, new code seemed great. I've had my Pro since Christmas and I've been very happy with the steady flow of updates.
-RF

I have no audio with Replay either, totally silent so it’s not just you.

And I think your Groot mechanism is definitely binding somewhere. Should be an easy fix as that mechanism is pretty open from underneath. Shouldn’t have an issue seeing the problem.

#2108 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

Best I can do for you with an iPhone lol
» YouTube video

Looks great thanks for doing the video lightshow is looking good, have you made it to save xander yet? Is the dance off featured in the intro/build up of that mode? Other than Groot talking the dance off is my other must have in this game!

#2109 5 years ago

My update installed really quick. but it reads V1.00 and seems fine. Now the wait for Cleland! hahahahaha

I really hope that GOTG gets a proper idle loop with videos playing and also a flipper button idle SFX and VO callouts. Even Maiden has that with the latest code updates.

Thanks again Stern for the updates on this title.

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nasty bug where the bonuses are being rolled over to the next player. Guy had a video on Facebook about it.
I bet Stern patches that quickly.

Yeah, that's a pretty big one but just make sure you're player four and you should be good to go!

#2111 5 years ago

So, is this code update safe to install or is the Bonus scoring all screwed up and wait for the patch?

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

So, is this code update safe to install or is the Bonus scoring all screwed up and wait for the patch?

Single player game is fine other then some audio bugs, but the multiplayer is a mess scoring wise.

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Let's put it this way: Stern pulled it off their website......so no!

#2114 5 years ago

They just put the 0.95.0 code back up for the time being (Pro, Prem & LE).

#2116 5 years ago

Deleted.

#2117 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I have no audio with Replay either, totally silent so it’s not just you.
And I think your Groot mechanism is definitely binding somewhere. Should be an easy fix as that mechanism is pretty open from underneath. Shouldn’t have an issue seeing the problem.

Theres audio its a bass rumble. You need to turn up the bass in utilities. I have a better bass speaker too. Really good.

#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, that's a pretty big one but just make sure you're player four and you should be good to go!

Not quite.

If you play a multiplayer game.

In the 2nd game:
Player 1 bonus works perfectly - no rollover of bonus
Player 2 gets the bonus player 2 earned in the first game, plus their own
Player 3 gets the bonus player 3 earned in the first game, plus their own
Player 4 gets the bonus player 4 earned in the first game, plus their own.

Player 2 'only' gets the bonus player 2 has earned in previous games, not all of the bonuses accrued by players playing in other positions.#

This rollsover until a power cycle OR a player tilts. i.e. if player 2 tilts, the accrued bonus associated with player 2 resets, it doesn't effect players 3 or 4.

We were playing a number of 3 player games last night. It was fun to see player 1 effectively starting 300million behind (100 mil bonus on each ball) player 2.

It probably added about 800million in bonus to the GC score (obviously didn't effect II, SX or CB scores),

Full disclosure: It did take me a 4 ball game. Just couldn't resist adding the extra ball from settings as I only had Groot MB to complete to reach SX

CB (resized).jpgCB (resized).jpg

SX (resized).jpgSX (resized).jpg

II (resized).jpgII (resized).jpg

GC (resized).jpgGC (resized).jpg

#2119 5 years ago

It was really fun to play with. A great example of why you should test code before releasing it.

#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Come on get some pros on the line!

I had the opportunity to go to Stern for a tour 2 weeks ago, really cool. They said it would be about 4 weeks before they were making GOTG Pro's again. so 2 more weeks. Then I can get my machine.

#2121 5 years ago

PRO V1.01 - May 25, 2018
=====================

- Fixed an issue with bonus awards across multiplayer games.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

PRO V1.01 - May 25, 2018
=====================
- Fixed an issue with bonus awards across multiplayer games.

Very impressive that is a super quick bug fix

It would be nice to know who exactly has been coding GOTG since the 180 in the rules and code, whoever it is thank you!

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

I had the opportunity to go to Stern for a tour 2 weeks ago, really cool. They said it would be about 4 weeks before they were making GOTG Pro's again. so 2 more weeks. Then I can get my machine.

I can't wait! I'm so ready. Got my plastic protectors and my cliffys.

#2124 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Sounds like lots of nice Groot updates!!
But....
I don't see anything in the Read Me file about fixing the magnet timer.

Here’s how I fixed the “no grab” problem coming out of the orb lock. Mine wasn’t inconsistent, it would never grab.
- Take off the magnet bracket
- Put a washer in between the bracket and the steel core
- reassemble
- I also shimmed between the bracket and the coil with small rubber pads - but I don’t think this is important.

What I noticed is that the steel core was being held too far off the playfield. By extending it she grabs nice and strong as long as the coil is cool. As others have mentioned, as the coil heats up it doesn’t work so hot - I’ve read it may even get disabled if it gets too hot (but I don’t see any thermistors in that area that could make that happen).

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

Here are a couple pics. The issue I was having was the coil labeled 51 in the pic would fire and it is supposed to pull that metal piece you see in. When the metal piece gets pulled in the drop target would fall. The metal piece is just a little to far away and coil labeled 51 in the pic would not pull in the metal piece. I put a washer under each of the two back screws which pushed the metal piece a little closer so when the coil fired it would pull in the metal piece and the target would drop.

For those with a tempermental orb lock, this adjustment worked like a charm for me. Thanks @murfe88!

#2126 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

For those with a tempermental orb lock, this adjustment worked like a charm for me. Thanks murfe88!

Awesome I am glad it worked.

#2127 5 years ago

My right flipper is sticking already. Hopefully I can learn how to fix flippers. It's the only problem I've had so far.

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmicjim:

My right flipper is sticking already. Hopefully I can learn how to fix flippers. It's the only problem I've had so far.

I had that problem on my left flipper. It was a bad coil stop. Easy to tell. There were little gold filings in the cabinet and the actual cylinder on the coil stop was loose — like whatever welded it to the base broke off. Just ordered new stops from pinball life and I think that will remedy the issue.

#2129 5 years ago

As Tungsten78 mentioned earlier in the thread, this solution completely fixed my weak magnet issues.

I’ve taken a few photos in case anybody wants to try it out, but needs very specific instructions.

Turn off Game. Remove Balls. Lift
Playfield.

Remove Magnet Core Bracket by removing screws marked 1 and 2 with a 1/4” nut driver or flathead screwdriver.

Then remove bolt 3 with a Philips screwdriver to separate magnet core from bracket.

Insert 2 washers labelled A and B between Magnet core and bracket, and then reassemble.

Voila! That’s French for “Look at That!!”

Note, I have taken a pic of the upper right Mag, but the lowest point of the triangle (which is the highest up the playfield when the playfield is in game position!) is the most important one. It’s responsible for the grab out of the orb drop.

1AB4D8EC-ABE3-40E3-96E5-E539CFFBE529 (resized).jpeg1AB4D8EC-ABE3-40E3-96E5-E539CFFBE529 (resized).jpeg

191ABC59-FC9E-4E7B-A7EA-C5DC3627E5F0 (resized).jpeg191ABC59-FC9E-4E7B-A7EA-C5DC3627E5F0 (resized).jpeg

#2130 5 years ago

Question, by moving magnets closer to playfield is there any concern with magnet burn of playfield?

#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Question, by moving magnets closer to playfield is there any concern with magnet burn of playfield?

No, the magnets always work best tightly pressed against the playfield on all games.
Added over 6 years ago: By magnets I mean magnet coils not the core.

Added over 6 years ago: By magnets I mean magnet coils not the core.

#2132 5 years ago

Had my best game today. Completed all modes (not including Groot and Orb) except for the last shot on Kyln. Had Immolation lit, and drained trying to hit the scoop. That was aggravating, but it was hard to be angry after having that game and putting up 1B points! The code has really been improved. Not sure what's left for them to do...

#2133 5 years ago

new code really adds alot to the pin. just got over 435 million. before this code my highest was 270 million. everything seems more organized and better put together with 1.01 code. btw the left outlane on my gotg is a killer, i refuse to close the post though.

#2134 5 years ago

New code is nice. Game keeps getting better !

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

btw the left outlane on my gotg is a killer, i refuse to close the post though.

Then you are a better man than I, sir!

#2136 5 years ago

How’s the ball time, progression, brutality on This game? And now that the code is complete, is there a lot to do and/or explore?

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from raycasual:

Then you are a better man than I, sir!

I closed my post on day one. That gap is awful on the stock setup!

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I closed my post on day one. That gap is awful on the stock setup!

What does closing a post involve? Moving it the left a smidge? Bending?

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

What does closing a post involve? Moving it the left a smidge? Bending?

there are 2 holes for the post. factory is closer to the backglass it is more open. removing the post and bringing it closer to the player closes the gap. there is a nut on the bottom of the playfield. remove nut and pull out post and put it back in the hole towards the front of playfield. you might have to push the post out with a small phillips screwdriver it might be in there tight.

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

there are 2 holes for the post. factory is closer to the backglass it is more open. removing the post and bringing it closer to the player closes the gap. there is a nut on the bottom of the playfield. remove nut and pull out post and put it back in the hole towards the front of playfield. you might have to push the post out with a small phillips screwdriver it might be in there tight.

Yep, this!

Also, added the two washers bellow the magnet core for the orb drop magnet. Damn, that thing grabs hard every single time now. I might do it to all the magnets now just to get them all working that well during Multiball. Thanks for that tip!

#2141 5 years ago

Wow - cheaper install and brackets between Guardians vs Ghostbusters.

Watch video. (I can see how this would make a difference in grabbing the ball now).

#2142 5 years ago

furry hats, was that the code name for gotg? i did the washer upgrade and it didnt really help my magnets much. they are built very cheap i agree.

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Watch video. (I can see how this would make a difference in grabbing the ball now).
» YouTube video

My coil didn't have that much slop. That being said when I removed the screws on the bracket and slid the coil around the play field recess the steel core/spindle wouldn't catch the indentation that was cut out for it.

The steel core looks hefty on the GB - or possibly those are factory installed washers. Thanks for posting.

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

furry hats, was that the code name for gotg? i did the washer upgrade and it didnt really help my magnets much. they are built very cheap i agree.

LOL, I was wondering why Furry Hats was written all over the bottom of the play field.

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from Tungsten78:

My coil didn't have that much slop. That being said when I removed the screws on the bracket and slid the coil around the play field recess the steel core/spindle wouldn't catch the indentation that was cut out for it.
The steel core looks hefty on the GB - or possibly those are factory installed washers. Thanks for posting.

So it seems they failed to put the necessary washers in under the magnet col to make sure the magnet coil was pressed tightly against the Playfield I'm not sure if it was a cost-cutting measure or whether they just forgot and screwed it up.

#2146 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

» YouTube video

The “play” in the magnet coil makes no difference to the magnetic field induced in the core, and the air gap is probably better for the playfield in the long run. The brackets look identical, unless I’m missing something.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

So it seems they failed to put the necessary washers in under the magnet to make sure the magnet was pressed tightly against the Playfield I'm not sure if it was a cost-cutting measure or whether they just forgot and screwed it up.

I think they just forgot. Fortunately it’s an easy fix.

#2148 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The “play” in the magnet coil makes no difference to the magnetic field induced in the core, and the air gap is probably better for the playfield in the long run.

I have been battling weak magnets on my Theatre of magic for years until one day I realized that the magnet coil that was tighter against the Playfield grabbed the ball successfully, the looser one did not . I added a washer to the looser one and the magnet is twice as powerful now.

I think it's really a matter of getting the magnet coil closer to the ball so it has little bit more power.

#2149 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think it's really a matter of getting the magnet closer to the ball so it has little bit more power.

Agreed, but the coil is not the “magnet”. The metal core is.

#2150 5 years ago

I played 1.0 on location tonight and blew away my old scores, without even starting Cherry Bomb. This definitely sets the bar higher - my goal now is 1B.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,449 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 169.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.