IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 171.
#151 6 years ago

I think this game will be a winner, early code with no callouts sucks yes, but I bet pretty soon it will be decient.

Ordered a pro today, liked the layout of met but not the band, love this theme.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn’t see anywhere that t-800 said 0.65 is a winner, he was courteous enough to reply to my question about the difference between 0.65 and 0.66.
Honestly being an owner of BM66LE there is nothing worse than people who don’t have any intention of buying the game or have anything positive to say, dropping into an owners club and shitting on new owners excitement, we are all aware it’s a lottery when it comes to code being an early buyer, no one needs anyone else making that wait any harder or less exciting.

BM66 and GOTG will look awesome together! BM66 is an awesome game. We have been patiently waiting for another run from Stern so we can get one. Getting the games with early code is no big deal. Each time you upload the new code it is like playing different game! It is all part of the fun.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I think this game will be a winner, early code with no callouts sucks yes, but I bet pretty soon it will be decient.
Ordered a pro today, liked the layout of met but not the band, love this theme.

The layout is solid! (best bits of IM & MET) providing Lonnie and co, can get the video and audio package cohesive, polish up the rules so they are at least as good, ideally better than Aerosmith - add a little more mode variety and depth.

Pump up the use of the theme with some of the best scenes from the movie tied into the modes, we gotto have the Dance Off as one of the wizard modes! With all that GOTG should be a monster hit, I think it may even have a chance of out selling SW. The potential is there, Stern just need to batter up and knock this one out the park!

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

BM66 and GOTG will look awesome together! BM66 is an awesome game. We have been patiently waiting for another run from Stern so we can get one. Getting the games with early code is no big deal. Each time you upload the new code it is like playing different game! It is all part of the fun.

Honestly if you said that 6 months ago, even as a BM66LE owner I would have told you not to buy, but the latest code has all the foundations laid for another Lyman masterpiece, if you love the show, Lyman is taking theme integration to a whole new level, its going to be something really special and once he has finished the code and people get to retry BM66, I think a lot of people like yourself will queuing up to buy one and join the Bat club

#154 6 years ago

<Honestly if you said that 6 months ago, even as a BM66LE owner I would have told you not to buy, but the latest code has all the foundations laid for another Lyman masterpiece, if you love the show, Lyman is taking theme integration to a whole new level, its going to be something really special and once he has finished the code and people get to retry BM66, I think a lot of people like yourself will queuing up to buy one and join the Bat club

In Lyman, Lonnie and Borg I always trust! I love the theme and remember the show. We have had our bat signal out and are patiently waiting. I promised that I would not buy used again but if I have eat my words on BM66 I might!

#155 6 years ago

I may have to lower the left post, that seems to be where a lot of cheap drains are coming from.

Ball really flies around on this one, may have to get a plastic protector set when available also.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I may have to lower the left post, that seems to be where a lot of cheap drains are coming from.
Ball really flies around on this one, may have to get a plastic protector set when available also.

Thank you for posting your thoughts, especially about the air balls. Do you think the air balls are like GB Prem/LE?

We use:
https://pu-parts.com/plastics-and-upgrade-kits and playfield protectors on everything.

#157 6 years ago

Can one of you lucky new owners see if Stern put the audio out plug back in the cpu board.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Current MODs we (ULEKstore) are working on and/or have completed:
- Sling shot protectors
- Return Lane protectors
- Right Orbit plastic protector (Pro model only)
- Rocket plastic protector
- Orb plastic protector
- Flipper Bat MODs
- Left plastic design/mod (I believe this would be for the Pro only)
- Pop Bumper covers/protectors

Please feel free to check out the link below for current plastic protectors and MODs on our website:

http://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2016.htm

Thanks,
David

GotG Slingshot and Return Lane Protectors 00 (resized).jpgGotG Slingshot and Return Lane Protectors 00 (resized).jpg

GotG Right Orbit Plastic Protector  Fluorescent Pink 01 (resized).jpgGotG Right Orbit Plastic Protector Fluorescent Pink 01 (resized).jpg

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Can one of you lucky new owners see if Stern put the audio out plug back in the cpu board.

Nope. In the manual it shows the headphone connector as a 7 pin .100 connector. This will work with the Stern Headphone Accessory Kit. There are now menu settings for it - weather it mutes the main speakers or not when headphones are plugged in. Also the knob can control the main speaker volume and the headphones or just the headphones.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

- Sling shot protectors
- Return Lane protectors
- Orb plastic protector
- Flipper Bat MODs
Please feel free to check out the link below for current plastic protectors and MODs on our website:
Thanks,
David

Such a gorgeous looking game. Whoever said you can't make a game based on a movie franchise look good. Franchi gave a masterclass in matching the licensors requirements with hand drawn art that works so well on a pinball machine.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Such a gorgeous looking game. Whoever said you can't make a game based on a movie franchise look good. Franchi gave a masterclass in matching the licensors requirements with hand drawn art that works so well on a pinball machine.

Exactly. Time and time again people say that you don't play the art, but if I'm going to buy something this expensive, I want it to look good. I appreciate my games when they're turned off just as much as I do when I'm playing them. I'm really keeping a close eye on the Guardians code. At the moment it looks like a game I'd like in my collection, I just hope they finish it off with call outs and rules to boot.

I'm also loving the unboxing photos and videos. Bring it on!

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thank you for posting your thoughts, especially about the air balls. Do you think the air balls are like GB Prem/LE?
We use:
https://pu-parts.com/plastics-and-upgrade-kits and playfield protectors on everything.

I had already bought my airball protector & installed it on GB before I played any games..lol

I've had 1 or 2 really fly off the left ramp with a strong clean shot. Not sure if it is a regular thing, but I would buy one if available.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

- Sling shot protectors
- Return Lane protectors
- Orb plastic protector
- Flipper Bat MODs
Thanks,
David

Thanks David, I had already looked at your website. I'm waiting for the whole kit before I buy. Slingshots & outlanes are nice, but I feel this game NEEDS to have the Rocket & Orb for protection. I don't want to pay shipping 2x and take the game apart 2x. I like to do everything at once. Usually I don't grab games this early in production & I have all the mods before I get the game..lol

#164 6 years ago

i should have one up and running on Tuesday at Rock Fantasy !! www.rockfantasy.com

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

d3e06556c7d98d6245b5fe6cc8b9f6052f50902e (resized).jpgd3e06556c7d98d6245b5fe6cc8b9f6052f50902e (resized).jpg

What is that silver latch for? And is this on GOTG or SW?

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What is that silver latch for? And is this on GOTG or SW?

It hooks into the lockdown bar to secure it in place. The same way arcade games lock down their control panels.
Definitely on GOTG Pro's and SW Pro's.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I moved the lower left outlane post to the down position ( only two post holes - game ships with post in the uppermost hole ) and it seems to have cut down drains on the left side, though I don't think it was actually too many in the stock position. Outer left lane might be a hair trickier to get now also with the post lowered. Only played a few games since moving the post. Have to get some more games on it to make full judgement on moving the position of the post. But for now, I'll say it's an improvement.

#168 6 years ago

I have a friend who just got their game set up Wednesday.
It has .66 code but has an issue.

I played the game at IAAPA and never had a problem like he is having so I think it may be new code related.
The problem is the ball will get stuck behind the drop target and the game can't release the ball.
Even after going through 4 or more ball searches. The code is always trying to pop the drop target up and never pulls it down to let the ball out.
I went over and cleaned the drop target opto and put the game in the drop target specific mode test and the drop opto and drop target register perfectly every time. It is only in a game that it will get stuck in the up position.
The game then displays that a pinball is missing and will kick another in the shooter lane to compensate.
Anyone else having this problem on .66 code?
Can't contact Stern as they are closed for the Holiday.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I played the game at IAAPA and never had a problem like he is having so I think it may be new code related.
The problem is the ball will get stuck behind the drop target and the game can't release the ball.
Even after going through 4 or more ball searches. The code is always trying to pop the drop target up and never pulls it down to let the ball out.
I went over and cleaned the drop target opto and put the game in the drop target specific mode test and the drop opto and drop target register perfectly every time. It is only in a game that it will get stuck in the up position.
The game then displays that a pinball is missing and will kick another in the shooter lane to compensate.

I read about someone with the same problem, was in one if the two GOTG threads.

#170 6 years ago

@ Arcade - I'm on .66 code with no issues.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

@ Arcade - I'm on .66 code with no issues.

Guess he will have to call Stern on Monday.
I can't make the drop target fail in test mode at all.
I even checked the connector going to the drop and all connections on the little board under the playfield by the flippers.
Only thing I did not check was the main board behind the translite.
But his game is certainly unable to release the ball during a game most of the time.

Had someone mention that a code refresh would probably fix this issue as he has seen it before . However no access to code download leaves us in the same boat.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Haven't had any issues on .65

#173 6 years ago

Anyone have a shaker hooked up?
If so, how’s it workin so far?

#174 6 years ago

Fluorescent color enhancing Pop Bumper Plastic Protectors on our GotG. They’ll be available on our website within the next 24 - 48 hours.

449CAEB4-448B-48CA-B314-69C3C54082C7 (resized).jpeg449CAEB4-448B-48CA-B314-69C3C54082C7 (resized).jpeg

86A81226-339C-4659-BC3A-8EA987F506D0 (resized).jpeg86A81226-339C-4659-BC3A-8EA987F506D0 (resized).jpeg

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes, same issue on my game, too, running .66 code. I have tried to recreate it and it doesn't happen every time. It seems like the problem crops up when a ball or balls are already locked in Groot. It wouldn't be a problem if the drop target stayed down long enough in ball search for the ball to fall past it. Also, I am seeing an odd result when looking at the switch test for the groot lock optos, so that may be a cause? Perhaps? Normally, in switch test when a switch is open there is just a dot, and a square when the switch is closed. In this case, when the switch is open there are five dots, looks like a five as seen on dice. This is what you see in test for switches #59-63, though they test fine when a ball is present. Unfortunately, there is no switch behind the drop target to tell the game a ball is there. On mine, the drop target will drop to let the ball out, but when it does drop the lip of the target kicks the ball backward and the drop target pops back up before the ball can roll past it.

I called Chas at Stern on Wednesday and he didn't have an answer for me, said that it was the first time he heard about the issue.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Yes, same issue on my game, too, running .66 code. I have tried to recreate it and it doesn't happen every time. It seems like the problem crops up when a ball or balls are already locked in Groot. It wouldn't be a problem if the drop target stayed down long enough in ball search for the ball to fall past it. Also, I am seeing an odd result when looking at the switch test for the groot lock optos, so that may be a cause? Perhaps? Normally, in switch test when a switch is open there is just a dot, and a square when the switch is closed. In this case, when the switch is open there are five dots, looks like a five as seen on dice. This is what you see in test for switches #59-63, though they test fine when a ball is present. Unfortunately, there is no switch behind the drop target to tell the game a ball is there. On mine, the drop target will drop to let the ball out, but when it does drop the lip of the target kicks the ball backward and the drop target pops back up before the ball can roll past it.
I called Chas at Stern on Wednesday and he didn't have an answer for me, said that it was the first time he heard about the issue.

Yes!
This is the exact behavior on the game here as well.
I talked with the distributor and he said he thought just doing a code reinstall would fix it.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Yes!
This is the exact behavior on the game here as well.
I talked with the distributor and he said he thought just doing a code reinstall would fix it.

Really? A code reinstall? Is that a known fix or a SWAG?

If you watch the Buffalo Pinball stream, they run into a ball management problem that looks very similar.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Really? A code reinstall? Is that a known fix or a SWAG?
If you watch the Buffalo Pinball stream, they run into a ball management problem that looks very similar.

Can't seem lo locate Buffalo Pinball stream of this game.
All I can find are the videos my brother and I took from IAAPA and the Dead Flip stream.

I consider myself an experienced pinball tech person.
So far everything points to corrupt code install.
The orb drop target mech and opto are testing 100%
Can't make it fail ever.
However during a game it will simply lose its mind.
Even the ball search which should drop the target down to release the ball only tries to raise it more.
Also oddly enough we just discovered it won't happen on player 2 of a multiplayer game at all.
Needs more testing but so far player 2 makes the game play perfectly.
Could also be the balls locked in Groot as mentioned above as well, a lot of variables can screw with the code issue.

My brother and I put about 40 games on this game at IAAPA last week and never had anything like this issue occur.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I consider myself an experienced pinball tech person.
So far everything points to corrupt code install.
The orb drop target mech and opto are testing 100%
Can't make it fail ever.
However during a game it will simply lose its mind.
Even the ball search which should drop the target down to release the ball only tries to raise it more.
Also oddly enough we just discovered it won't happen on player 2 of a multiplayer game at all.
Needs more testing but so far player 2 makes the game play perfectly.
Could also be the balls locked in Groot as mentioned above as well, a lot of variables can screw with the code issue.

I see it as a code issue, too. At this point, we can't even check your theory as there is no GOTG code posted on Stern's website. Maybe someone could get a copy or better yet a new release that solves this problem. Mine is on location so I have had to disable the drop target, that means no orb multiball, very disappointing.

#180 6 years ago

Looking for some custom cards, has anyone made any yet?

Thanks in advance

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I see it as a code issue, too. At this point, we can't even check your theory as there is no GOTG code posted on Stern's website. Maybe someone could get a copy or better yet a new release that solves this problem. Mine is on location so I have had to disable the drop target, that means no orb multiball, very disappointing.

Pinside member NoQuarters had an idea to set the Orb locks from medium to easy in the adjustments.
So far after many games it is playing perfect.
It is certainly a code mishap on the install.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Fluorescent color enhancing Pop Bumper Plastic Protectors on our GotG. They’ll be available on our website within the next 24 - 48 hours.

Let me know when you post the complete set. Really think that rocket needs the protection the most

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anyone have a shaker hooked up?
If so, how’s it workin so far?

First thing I did was hook up a Shaker. Going good so far. Seems to be fairly well integrated

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Pinside member NoQuarters had an idea to set the Orb locks from medium to easy in the adjustments.
So far after many games it is playing perfect.
It is certainly a code mishap on the install.

Ah, I wish it were so easy for me! Played a few games after that adjustment with no issues, then it was the same old problem with the ball getting stuck behind the drop target. Not entirely sure, but it may only turn up in certain modes, but it is still present in my game. Only thing I can do to make the game playable is to disable the drop target.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Let me know when you post the complete set. Really think that rocket needs the protection the most

Will do. I’ll be working on Ro let and Orb protectors tomorrow... along with some additional mods

#186 6 years ago

Additional MODs for GotG available on our website and in our Pinside Shop within the hour.

- Fluorescent (color enhancing) Rocket Plastic Protector
- Left Ramp Sign MOD (3 different signs to choose from)
- "Hexagonal Space" designed flipper bat mods

GotG Flipper Bat MOD 00 (resized).jpgGotG Flipper Bat MOD 00 (resized).jpg

GotG Rocket Plastic Protector 00 (resized).jpgGotG Rocket Plastic Protector 00 (resized).jpg

GotG Sign MODS 01 (resized).jpgGotG Sign MODS 01 (resized).jpg

GotG Sign MODS 02.5jpg (resized).jpgGotG Sign MODS 02.5jpg (resized).jpg

GotG Sign MODS 03.5 (resized).jpgGotG Sign MODS 03.5 (resized).jpg

GotG Sign MODS 01.5jpg (resized).jpgGotG Sign MODS 01.5jpg (resized).jpg

#187 6 years ago

.72 code for Pro is on the Stern website

#188 6 years ago

This game is crazy fffaassttt, fun and hard. I believe the loud minority bitching about callouts/clips in other thread(s) are silly geese that weren’t going to be happy no matter what. I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised by GOTG so far overall. It plays like Irontallica. If you like either of those games there’s a strong chance you’ll love this. Missed shots are punished quickly. It’s pretty too. Movie callouts would be cooler no doubt but it’s not a huge deal as an operator and won’t be huge to me when I have it home either.

Also- I have a shaker installed since game one and haven’t noticed much integration yet.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This game is crazy fffaassttt, fun and hard. I believe the loud minority bitching about callouts/clips in other thread(s) are silly geese that weren’t going to be happy no matter what. I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised by GOTG so far overall. It plays like Irontallica. If you like either of those games there’s a strong chance you’ll love this. Missed shots are punished quickly. It’s pretty too. Movie callouts would be cooler no doubt but it’s not a huge deal as an operator and won’t be huge to me when I have it home either.
Also- I have a shaker installed since game one and haven’t noticed much integration yet.

Got mine in yesterday and installed the shaker first thing played a few games and said to myself "did i install the shaker? is it not working or am i just super used to it that i dont notice it anymore?" then i played another game and felt it a few times. Its very subtle at this point in time and needs to be added more. Game is crazy fast, needs a right ramp air ball kit for sure, i had some balls just rocket off that ramp and back in the pops regularly. I really am loving the shot layout and love groot spitting the balls at me. The voice actor difference doesnt really bother me, i do wish there were specific shot callouts tied in and am hoping they are adding some and we just havent seen them yet.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

weren’t going to be happy no matter what.

Oh there's a what, actual speech from the film itself but that just means I won't buy it for the house still looking forward to playing this in the wild.

#191 6 years ago

#GOT and #GOTG

IMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7579 (resized).JPG

#192 6 years ago

What are your thoughts?

#193 6 years ago

Shoots fast and fun. Definitely needs some tweaks here and there but a beautiful solid game!

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

This game is crazy fffaassttt

Of course it is fast cause it is BRAND NEW!

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Of course it is fast cause it is BRAND NEW!

Ha. No, not only reason it’s fast. I understand brand new pin fast, you’re not wrong- but this is different. The rocket teleports the ball and successful ramp shots are back on a flipper before the insert lighting effects can catch up. It’s truly quick. Also, the R ramp and orbit lock are a little closer to flippers than on Met, as well as the R scoop. Game is a blast.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Got mine in yesterday and installed the shaker first thing played a few games and said to myself "did i install the shaker? is it not working or am i just super used to it that i dont notice it anymore?" then i played another game and felt it a few times. Its very subtle at this point in time and needs to be added more. Game is crazy fast, needs a right ramp air ball kit for sure, i had some balls just rocket off that ramp and back in the pops regularly. I really am loving the shot layout and love groot spitting the balls at me. The voice actor difference doesnt really bother me, i do wish there were specific shot callouts tied in and am hoping they are adding some and we just havent seen them yet.

Rocket call outs are the custom stuff. Will be in next update.

#197 6 years ago

Chris Pratt, Groot & co, on loc. Guardians doing very well in first 2.5 days. Great license theme. And I think pinheads will come around more so than on most recent Lonnie games.

03B15410-9FFD-457B-9F8F-D67EF8E9F73B (resized).jpeg03B15410-9FFD-457B-9F8F-D67EF8E9F73B (resized).jpeg

1F46DF54-1431-4699-B580-5E3DC61C30E4 (resized).jpeg1F46DF54-1431-4699-B580-5E3DC61C30E4 (resized).jpeg

D9DD17A4-7F4A-49CF-A1CA-9BB4C48BC4CC (resized).jpegD9DD17A4-7F4A-49CF-A1CA-9BB4C48BC4CC (resized).jpeg

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Rocket call outs are the custom stuff. Will be in next update.

Awesome! Thanks for the info

#199 6 years ago

OK. I just rewatched wasp's stream from yesterday and listened to the call outs in Pinball Browser. The call outs are isolated and should be easy to change/swap with the speech from the movie. Wasp's stream showed all movie clips running and coincidentally (or maybe on purpose?) there are no scenes with actors/actresses actually speaking. The action scenes are just running with the score playing.

The movie can be downloaded in itunes. The clips can be edited to isolate the corresponding speech. Then video files can be converted to .wav files. The .wav files can then be imported into the Pinball Browser 6.0 (make sure you donate). Upload the modified spk file into the game.

There is a glimmer of hope! Especially for those who were "in" but now "out" solely because of the voice actors.

#200 6 years ago

So how are you GOTG owners liking your new game? Game looks great as hell to me! I came over to this thread hoping to get away from all the Stern haters so give me some good news please!! Is the game pretty awesome or what?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

There are 8,514 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 171.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.