B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 250.
#12401 35 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Any idea how we could wire this to the game? Would look really cool shining where the player stands I think.
ebay.com link: itm

Ask the pin signal mod guy. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lumalegz-you-need-these/page/30#post-7985546

#12402 35 days ago

Any idea how we could wire this to the game? Would look really cool shining where the player stands I think.
ebay.com link: itm

Thats a fun idea!

#12403 35 days ago

I highly doubt he'd just share his mod design. Price plus shipping to the US is pretty high for this.

#12404 30 days ago

Anyone see the new movie yet? Is it worth my time? Thoughts?

#12405 30 days ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I have the headphone kit installed on my GB but I can’t get it to work. I have the headphone setting turned up. What am I missing? I had no issue installing the kit for my Foo.
The 3.5mm version for Spike 1 doesn’t seem to work. It doesn’t even control the volume without headphones in.

On Spike 1 games the volume control wont work. It will only control the volume of the headphones. I have the same controls installed on my GB LE. Spike 2 games you can control both volumes. Spike 1 it will only control headphone volume.

#12406 30 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

yes, fun movie

- about 5-6 of the original characters are in the movie more including dickless
- lots of scenes in the Fire House and a visit to the library as well
- the preview gives a heavy focus on the new ghost but there is a journey to getting there - it's a nice balance

even the actual NY Fire House has props out the front for however long

f10664d447842a0f641eb8f7173ce399ac0ed964 (resized).jpgf10664d447842a0f641eb8f7173ce399ac0ed964 (resized).jpgf670877f3f28073daaa612ae378413f7fddfe93d (resized).jpgf670877f3f28073daaa612ae378413f7fddfe93d (resized).jpg

#12407 30 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Opening night! Gota love the band getting together again and I'll never take it for granted!

20240322_210910 (resized).jpg20240322_210910 (resized).jpg
#12408 30 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

including dickless

Is this true?!

#12409 30 days ago

"Yes it’s true!" "Well that's what I heard!" Lol, seriously tho, it has more eggs than Easter Sunday! Critics are giving it a hard time like they did GB Afterlife but for most fans here you're going to appreciate it. I feel like professional critics are revolting that the general public didn't like the girl busters when they voted it certified fresh.

#12410 30 days ago

yeah he was the mayor in this movie and hates the busters

#12411 30 days ago

You guys missed the reference… btw, I saw Frozen Empire this morning so I’m already up to speed on the content.

#12412 30 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah he was the major in this movie and hates the busters

I think he was doing a quote from the original GB.

#12413 30 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You guys missed the reference… btw, I saw Frozen Empire this morning so I’m already up to speed on the content.

I gotcha! That's why I put the quotes, the next line after the clip is well that's what I heard. Glad ppl are going I want them to make more!

#12414 29 days ago

Frozen Empire and Afterlife were great for both old ghostheads and the next generation of fans. You could also see more influences from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series in Frozen Empire. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed watching my kids get so excited for it.

#12415 29 days ago
Quoted from HayBarber:

Frozen Empire and Afterlife were great for both old ghostheads and the next generation of fans. You could also see more influences from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon series in Frozen Empire. I enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed watching my kids get so excited for it.

I’m pretty traditional and try to slow drip things out to my kids as they become age appropriate for my favorite franchises. Sometimes it seems like I’m behind what other parents allow. A friend had his kid watch Top Gun Maverick when he was 6. My oldest saw GB1 as a 5 year old and is almost 7 now. Since my perspective might be off can you or anyone else give an idea of how old you think kids should be to watch Afterlife or Frozen Empire?

#12416 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m pretty traditional and try to slow drip things out to my kids as they become age appropriate for my favorite franchises. Sometimes it seems like I’m behind what other parents allow. A friend had his kid watch Top Gun Maverick when he was 6. My oldest saw GB1 as a 5 year old and is almost 7 now. Since my perspective might be off can you or anyone else give an idea of how old you think kids should be to watch Afterlife or Frozen Empire?

Well, you won't hafta explain or fast fwd through a blowie scene so I would say any age is fine. Crazy to think those movies were rated PG. Gota love the 80's!

#12417 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I rented the entire horror section of the video store before I got out of kindergarten. I turned out fine.
EDIT: Mom drew the line on Sorority Babes and the Slime Ball Bowl A Rama. I still haven't seen it, but it stuck in my head because it was the only one I couldn't watch. I hear it wasn't even that bad, just a spoof movie.

#12418 29 days ago

Even had a sequel!

#12419 29 days ago

Thanks for the help? Maybe.

IMG_1457 (resized).pngIMG_1457 (resized).png
#12420 29 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

My daughter is 8, we’ve watched a bunch of Marvel Studios movies with no issue (Guardians of the Galaxy, The Marvels, etc), made the mistake of taking her to see Madame Web. That was her absolute limit of scariness, we didn’t walk out but we were close. People get shot, die, bleed, man dressed in black stalking teenage girls, basically it’s like the movie Scream. With that said, I don’t think she’s ready for Frozen Empire, only because the main villain is actually pretty scary (from a child perspective). However he’s only seen in the last 20 minutes of the movie, everything else would’ve been totally safe for her. Hope that helps somewhat.

#12421 29 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

My daughter is 8, we’ve watched a bunch of Marvel Studios movies with no issue (Guardians of the Galaxy, The Marvels, etc), made the mistake of taking her to see Madame Web. That was her absolute limit of scariness, we didn’t walk out but we were close. People get shot, die, bleed, man dressed in black stalking teenage girls, basically it’s like the movie Scream. With that said, I don’t think she’s ready for Frozen Empire, only because the main villain is actually pretty scary (from a child perspective). However he’s only seen in the last 20 minutes of the movie, everything else would’ve been totally safe for her. Hope that helps somewhat.

Jesus, I think that's the best review of Madame Web ever! Now i kinda want to see it..lol! You sound like the grandpa on the princess bride trying convince the grandson what an awesome book is.

#12422 29 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Jesus, I think that's the best review of Madame Web ever! Now i kinda want to see it..lol! You sound like the grandpa on the princess bride trying convince the grandson what an awesome book is.

Lmao! That’s about all the nice things I can say about it. It’s cheesy as all heck, the ending will make you go wtf, but I thought it was a fun bad movie, if that makes sense. Reminded me of 90’s cringe in the best way possible.

#12423 28 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I don't know why anyone would downvote that. It IS the best review of Madame Web I've heard. Now I want to see it too.
I also liked Morpheus, so there's that.

#12424 28 days ago

Man, the air balls in this game. I got Swink's gate mod (which is really cool and was doing wonders for my score!) but I can't have the protector at the same time, so I was putting up with the air balls, "they aren't THAT bad" I convinced myself. I bought the replacement brackets for the two ramp targets thinking this would help reduce the amount I was getting, installed them a few weeks ago, booted up the game and on the first ball - I kid you not, my very first shot for the ramp - miss, bounce, fly, smash, crack and this:

I looked at the trap, RayI looked at the trap, Ray

I installed my Swink's Flat Iron today (it looks fantastic, such good use of that empty space) and planning on doing the Fire House tomorrow, and I'm too afraid of damaging either so the gate mod is off and I'll have to go back to getting gud. I know the brackets don't claim to eliminate the air balls entirely, but once bitten twice shy, the protector is back on and it may never come off!

Not sure how sensible this idea is, but I have tentatively superglued the plastic back together(!) which I was able to do by just sliding it back in place and using a tiny little brush along the edges, applied some glue and it seems to be holding up well over the last few weeks of playing, but if/when it cracks again then I will bite the bullet and swap it for a new one.

#12425 28 days ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

Man, the air balls in this game. I got Swink's gate mod (which is really cool and was doing wonders for my score!) but I can't have the protector at the same time, so I was putting up with the air balls, "they aren't THAT bad" I convinced myself. I bought the replacement brackets for the two ramp targets thinking this would help reduce the amount I was getting, installed them a few weeks ago, booted up the game and on the first ball - I kid you not, my very first shot for the ramp - miss, bounce, fly, smash, crack and this:
[quoted image]
I installed my Swink's Flat Iron today (it looks fantastic, such good use of that empty space) and planning on doing the Fire House tomorrow, and I'm too afraid of damaging either so the gate mod is off and I'll have to go back to getting gud. I know the brackets don't claim to eliminate the air balls entirely, but once bitten twice shy, the protector is back on and it may never come off!
Not sure how sensible this idea is, but I have tentatively superglued the plastic back together(!) which I was able to do by just sliding it back in place and using a tiny little brush along the edges, applied some glue and it seems to be holding up well over the last few weeks of playing, but if/when it cracks again then I will bite the bullet and swap it for a new one.

sorry to hear about the airball and plastic breakage, I still get the odd one if I glance off the side of the target but some of the issue I am positive is just the placement of the target and the power of the flipper to get up the premium / le ramp

#12426 28 days ago

I had to go into settings and adjust flipper strength to normal. It helped a lot with my air balls.

#12427 28 days ago

Hmm good shout, I didn't consider checking the flipper power, I've never adjusted it since I bought the machine second hand so I have no idea what it is set at to be honest. The Flat Iron does look class though, the shape is just so perfect for that space - really well done Jady, it was a breeze to install too I love how detailed and clear your instructions are. I will post a pic in your thread once I get the Fire House installed.

#12428 28 days ago

Question….doesn’t anyone know which bulbs these are? They twist in.

IMG_6966 (resized).jpegIMG_6966 (resized).jpegIMG_6967 (resized).jpegIMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
#12429 28 days ago
Quoted from Zooski:

Question….doesn’t anyone know which bulbs these are? They twist in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks to be this one. #44 Bayonet

IMG_0114 (resized).jpegIMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
#12430 27 days ago

Hi group. Just picked up a Premium today. Can anyone tell me what these coils are for in the back box?
Thanks.

IMG_1642 (resized).jpegIMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
#12431 27 days ago

Weird use of coils huh?! I believe they are used for audio crossover?

#12432 26 days ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Weird use of coils huh?! I believe they are used for audio crossover?

Thank you. When I get more time I'll cut the zip ties and trace the wires out to hopefully figure out what they connect to.

#12433 26 days ago
Quoted from usafstars:

Hi group. Just picked up a Premium today. Can anyone tell me what these coils are for in the back box?
Thanks.[quoted image]

See this post and the one after it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-premium-share-your-info/page/35#post-3554990

#12434 26 days ago
#12435 26 days ago

just finished another batch of Fire Houses - only one left and taking names for another run in the near future.

Mod pricing here - all in AUD / not USD
https://swinks.com.au/pinball-mod-packages

dedicated thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-gozerian-sky-mod/page/12#post-8106975

Fire House Batch (resized).pngFire House Batch (resized).png

#12436 23 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

so much so I reset the clock on the pin just before a time I knew my wife was going to play (she's not a pin person but loves GB) just to freak her out. Worked.

So you go into settings and change the time to get this? Don't fully understand, but would be cool to see what you're talking about

#12437 23 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

So you go into settings and change the time to get this? Don't fully understand, but would be cool to see what you're talking about

If you want it to happen while playing set your clock to midnight at the time you are playing it!

#12438 23 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I prefer staying up until midnight after having about 25 beers for that mode lol

#12439 22 days ago

Pre-ordered my reproduction topper. Fingers crossed.

#12440 22 days ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

[quoted image]

I have the swings gate fix on mine and was having same problem but I just went ahead and still installed the air ball plastic fix but at a slight angle. It helped a ton! I will take some pics when I get home to show you what it looks like.

#12441 22 days ago

Pre-ordered my reproduction topper. Fingers crossed.

Im still shipping the addon kits if you are interested in one send me a pm….

IMG_3259 (resized).jpegIMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
#12442 22 days ago

Anyone know of a decent higher res image of the city scape ?

Looking to run a simple acrylic topper

topper back (resized).JPGtopper back (resized).JPG
#12443 21 days ago
Quoted from slippifishi:

[quoted image]

Here are the pics of how my airball deflector look on top of the swinks gate. It is a little angled but better than airballs!!!

IMG_6895 (resized).jpegIMG_6895 (resized).jpegIMG_6896 (resized).jpegIMG_6896 (resized).jpegIMG_6897 (resized).jpegIMG_6897 (resized).jpeg
#12444 21 days ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

Here are the pics of how my airball deflector look on top of the swinks gate. It is a little angled but better than airballs!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have that too. Works well.

#12445 21 days ago

Ok,for you Family men,The GB franchise is now owned by Sony Corp.A C.E.O.of that Co.told me they are already starting a new GB movie with the same cast! Also,they are considering a GB cartoon series!5 yrs on the movie, the cartoons are still up in the air!

#12446 21 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Ok,for you Family men,The GB franchise is now owned by Sony Corp.A C.E.O.of that Co.told me they are already starting a new GB movie with the same cast! Also,they are considering a GB cartoon series!5 yrs on the movie, the cartoons are still up in the air!

What cast? The current or OG. That's a bit of a gamble that they'll all be alive in 5 years statistically speaking if it's the OG group. Interesting that they would double down with Empire not recouping costs quite yet. I'm sure it will but Dune 2 definitely has several times over at 600m+ and climbing while WB is still sheepishly silent on a number 3. I'm a huge sci-fi fan so I voted with my wallet and saw it 3 times in the theater. I enjoyed afterlife a lot and gives me big feels to watch Egon on screen again. Empire was decent but not as much fun as afterlife.

#12447 21 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I enjoyed afterlife a lot and gives me big feels to watch Egon on screen again. Empire was decent but not as much fun as afterlife.

Agree. What I want to know is why each additional sequel in a franchise always seems more forced. The OG Ghostbusters was effortless, fun, goofy, and exciting all in one. They captured lightning in a bottle. The actors were comedic and charismatic. They had one liners for days. “Who’s the stiff?, Yes have some, We’ve got the tools, we’ve got the talent, light is green trap is clean, Dogs and cats living together, Yes this man has no dick, that’s the master bedroom but nothing ever happens in there- What a shame!, Listen- You smell something?, The flowers are still standing!” On and on. Where are the one liners these days?!

#12448 21 days ago

The current cast of "Empire"!

#12449 21 days ago

They need to move on from the OG cast, aside from Winston since he’s funding the operation. I love the OG’s obviously, but it’s time to pass the baton given their age and more important than anything else, tell a good story!

#12450 21 days ago
Quoted from evileye:

They need to move on from the OG cast, aside from Winston since he’s funding the operation. I love the OG’s obviously, but it’s time to pass the baton given their age and more important than anything else, tell a good story!

Actually no more movies now 4 is enough. Now cartoon thing where they can go goofy and bs their way fine.
The movie remake business in general is a joke. Actual studios now are a laugh. Just remakes no actual skill and thought in story line. Can they do a better job yes but now its all about the easy money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belle River, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.