Topic Stats

• 1,815 posts
  • 246 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by capguntrooper
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 328 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5380 (resized).JPG
IMG_5378 (resized).JPG
pic5 (resized).jpg
pic7 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4984 (resized).JPG
IMG_5327 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
drop2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).JPG
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
IMG_0284 (resized).JPG
IMG_0278 (resized).JPG
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG
IMG_0277 (resized).JPG
IMG_0270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 37.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You hit the "add a ball" from the captive ball that only lights up during multiball OR you got three "add a ball" from the pop bumper slot machine. If you look at the inserts, below the captive ball, you'll notice one is "add a ball".

The Add a ball is on the left scoop right?

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

The Add a ball is on the left scoop right?

Light the Add a Ball at the captive ball during multi-ball, collect it at the librarian scoop.

#1703 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I decided to look closely at this as I had to work on the machine. At 240fps, I was able to capture on my phone a pretty good airball that went straight over the target toward the ramp and got airborn, hit the ramp, and bounced out on the playfield. It did seem that the Cliffy was the cause in this case. I'm going to tinker with the height of the drop target and pitch to make to a bit smoother.

I can confirm that air balls did begin to occur after installin cliffys. After looking into it, I determined the drop target itself wasn't flat which likely happened during the installation of the cliffy. After tweaking it I have no air balls anymore. Bottom line, don't take off the cliffy - you will need it. Just make sure the drop target is aligned properly.

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I decided to look closely at this as I had to work on the machine. At 240fps, I was able to capture on my phone a pretty good airball that went straight over the target toward the ramp and got airborn, hit the ramp, and bounced out on the playfield. It did seem that the Cliffy was the cause in this case. I'm going to tinker with the height of the drop target and pitch to make to a bit smoother.

I've noticed looking at lots of people's photos, some drop-targets are lower than the playfield while others are flush, but the way the drop target is molded, it has a slight hump to the top (seem runs left to right across the center.
Not sure what would be best other than perfectly flat like MMR drop targets. I think those would be the best.
drop2 (resized).jpg

#1705 3 years ago

Yeah, I've considered sanding the suckers...

Honestly, my airballs to the ramp have almost completely stopped since I centered the drop target in the slot (it was aligning itself all the way to the left and leaving a gap on the right) and I raised the drop slightly so it is level with the cliffy, not level with the playfield. This way there is a single rise to the drop/cliffy and not the little hump from the drop and then the rise to the cliffy.

#1706 3 years ago

I picked up my premium yesterday. The game is playing mostly great. One minor issue appears to be the controlled gate at the top left. The ball is sometime getting hung up on it. I've had gates like these in many games, but this is the first one that has given me a problem. What is the best solution? Raise the gate? Bend it? Cut it? Something else?

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Yeah, I've considered sanding the suckers...
Honestly, my airballs to the ramp have almost completely stopped since I centered the drop target in the slot (it was aligning itself all the way to the left and leaving a gap on the right) and I raised the drop slightly so it is level with the cliffy, not level with the playfield. This way there is a single rise to the drop/cliffy and not the little hump from the drop and then the rise to the cliffy.

Out of curiosity how did you align it left/right? Was thinking I could just enlarge the holes on the metal frame to slide it a bit over.

Also, leveling with the cliffy seems to have helped tremendously. I really want to keep the cliffy on there since there were signs of wear already.

Quoted from delt31:

I can confirm that air balls did begin to occur after installin cliffys. After looking into it, I determined the drop target itself wasn't flat which likely happened during the installation of the cliffy. After tweaking it I have no air balls anymore. Bottom line, don't take off the cliffy - you will need it. Just make sure the drop target is aligned properly.

Challenge for me is/was balancing how to align, since the cliffy raises the level a bit and hard to make it level with the pf and clffy without tilting the target (which I may do with a little styrene shim). I think Silverball's comment on leveling with the cliffy will help, or at the very least, splitting the difference. Definitely agree on keeping the cliffy on there!

#1708 3 years ago

Playfield date Dec 14 Machine born on date Dec 29th...I thought they coosed the factory between Christmas and New years. Guess not...

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Playfield date Dec 14 Machine born on date Dec 29th...I thought they coosed the factory between Christmas and New years. Guess not...

They were definitely working since I talked to people there a few times in that period.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

Out of curiosity how did you align it left/right? ...

Actually all I had to do was take some time and loosen then slide the whole assembly over as far as it could go with the current screw holes (not much change). I then used the two adjustment screws under the target. Since they are to each side instead of a single one in the center, their heights actually shift the target left/right some. The key is to adjust it so when it's knocked down by a finger it lands more centered at the correct height. I was going to enlarge the holes slightly too if this wasn't good enough, but my target went from rubbing on the left side to being almost completely centered in the hole.

Adjusting the height to the same height as the cliffy probably does a big part of the fix too. Next time I'm in there I'm going to adjust the right one a bit more too.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You hit the "add a ball" from the captive ball that only lights up during multiball OR you got three "add a ball" from the pop bumper slot machine. If you look at the inserts, below the captive ball, you'll notice one is "add a ball".

Thanks. It's impossible to watch the dot matrix so I been watching others while they play and never caught the poppers giving that. My buddy just got 9B on the machine. That's a heck of a score.

#1712 3 years ago

My city plastic in front of Stay Puft, the screws have come out, can anyone tell me what size those screws are?

#1713 3 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

My city plastic in front of Stay Puft, the screws have come out, can anyone tell me what size those screws are?

Where did the original screws go? Are they lost in the machine somewhere? I hate when that happens.

#1714 3 years ago

Must have...can't seem to find them anywhere...probably the Scoleri brothers!

#1715 3 years ago

I'm putting the screws to them
Scoleri's with my new prem.
Bustin a lot of great games and no playfield issues this far.
Snappy drops.
Latest code.
Thanks to pinsiders for advice as I'm happy with my purchase and how it may even evolve further from here!

12/12
image (resized).jpeg

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from bhwolf:

I definately had to re-level mine after install of the Scoleri Protectors. For those who haven't done it before, there's quick adjust screws(2) right on bottom of each drop target mount. I don't think the game would play well without making sure those drops are flush

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Yes, to any socketed light, either GI or Flasher, as they are both 5V.

Thanks worked great.

1 week later
#1718 3 years ago

Added the latest code today. 1.13. It's awesome.

#1719 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I picked up my premium yesterday. The game is playing mostly great. One minor issue appears to be the controlled gate at the top left. The ball is sometime getting hung up on it. I've had gates like these in many games, but this is the first one that has given me a problem. What is the best solution? Raise the gate? Bend it? Cut it? Something else?

I found I had to bend mine down a little what seemed to be happening is it was slightly to high and the flap would rub a little in the lower ball guide of the lane. Now its much smoother.

#1720 3 years ago

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a GB Premium. Do the playfield issues seemed to be fixed now for the most part? I haven't heard near as many issues lately doesn't seem like as what I was hearing when the game first came out. I know there have been a handful of issues with games here lately....there will always be a bad one here and there no matter what, but does it seem to be pretty safe to buy now?

#1721 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a GB Premium. Do the playfield issues seemed to be fixed now for the most part? I haven't heard near as many issues lately doesn't seem like as what I was hearing when the game first came out. I know there have been a handful of issues with games here lately....there will always be a bad one here and there no matter what, but does it seem to be pretty safe to buy now?

Zero playfield issues on the Dec 2016 one we got in. Had a coil die after a couple weeks and Stern sent a new one. That's the extent of problems with it so far.

That said, DEFINITELY get a protector for the left ramp standup targets and the outlanes immediately, though. The crazy amount of airballs on a stock machine are bad for playfields.

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Zero playfield issues on the Dec 2016 one we got in. Had a coil die after a couple weeks and Stern sent a new one. That's the extent of problems with it so far.
That said, DEFINITELY get a protector for the left ramp standup targets and the outlanes immediately, though. The crazy amount of airballs on a stock machine are bad for playfields.

Thanks, I already got the protectors from art so I'm good there. I'm getting the impression that the playfields have been much better lately, hope that's the case.

#1723 3 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Thanks. It's impossible to watch the dot matrix so I been watching others while they play and never caught the poppers giving that. My buddy just got 9B on the machine. That's a heck of a score.

That's a pretty awesome score. Best I've been able to manage is 6.7B.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'm getting the impression that the playfields have been much better lately, hope that's the case.

My premium has an October build date, and the playfield looks great.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My premium has an October build date, and the playfield looks great.

That's awesome. I love GB, can't wait to get one and play the hell out of it. What's considered a good score? I got 2 billion on one a few weeks ago, but that's probably nothing spectacular I'm sure lol.

#1726 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's awesome. I love GB, can't wait to get one and play the hell out of it. What's considered a good score? I got 2 billion on one a few weeks ago, but that's probably nothing spectacular I'm sure lol.

Top 10 high scores on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ghostbuster-premium-le/scores

Are currently 2.6B to 9.2B, with most in the 2.6-6b range.

#1727 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Top 10 high scores on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ghostbuster-premium-le/scores

But those all appear to be on older code, so they aren't valid if you are running 1.13.

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just dimples from what I have seen, Zero clear issues thus far. PF was 11/3 and I have about 300/ 350 games on .

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ouch. I haven't broken 1B yet. Need to play more. Life gets in the way so often that I don't play for weeks at a time, then when I do get back to it I am learning all over again. Oh, and I am a terrible player.

#1730 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Ouch. I haven't broken 1B yet. Need to play more. Life gets in the way so often that I don't play for weeks at a time, then when I do get back to it I am learning all over again. Oh, and I am a terrible player.

Its all good though because pinball is one of those games that you can suck at and still have a blast!

#1731 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

On the gate, there is a little arm that hooks over the bar where the captive ball is. On mine, they did not have that arm hooking over that bar so I had to loosen it, hook it over, and tighten it.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

On the gate, there is a little arm that hooks over the bar where the captive ball is. On mine, they did not have that arm hooking over that bar so I had to loosen it, hook it over, and tighten it.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm confused. The controlled gate is nowhere near the captive ball. Are you referring to the one-way gate when the ball exits the pops?

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

But those all appear to be on older code, so they aren't valid if you are running 1.13.

Given that 1.13 just came out this week, that's no surprise, give it time. Most of the high scores are 1.11-1.12.

#1734 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks for the advice, but I'm confused. The controlled gate is nowhere near the captive ball. Are you referring to the one-way gate when the ball exits the pops?

Yes sorry I misread your original post.

#1735 3 years ago

A few questions for Premium owners of recently built games (Dec 2016 forward).

I was hoping that some of the bugs may have been worked out with the LEs and initial premiums.

Any playfield issues? I'm assuming the PFs are now from a different company. Is that correct?
What cliffy protectors are included?
Does the game have the metal rail protector across from the trough eject? Pics anyone?
Any unresolved issues still showing up on the newer games?

Thanks

Chris

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I was groping that some of the bugs may have been worked out with the LEs and initial premiums.
Any playfield issues? I'm assuming the PFs are now from a different company. Is that correct?
Does the game have the metal rail protector across from the trough eject? Pics anyone?
Thanks
Chris

No playfield issues with the one we got, but you might want to check the build date. All LEs are probably the "bad" playfield run. Nov-Dec built Premiums are probably okay.

They come with zero cliffys. In fact, the one protector at the librarian scoop that's like a cliffy is just a naked ripoff of his work. Trough eject has no metal protector in the lane. Needs a cliffy there, too. A complete GB cliffy set is a hair under $100 shipped from cliff.

We had no issues with the one we got except that a coil on the subway failed. Stern sent a replacement right away.

#1737 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I was groping that some of the bugs may have been worked out with the LEs and initial premiums.

No issues 12/12 build.

Both Scoops

No, but Mylar or cliffys are fine

Slimmer butt drag but it can be adjusted. I need to install 1.13
Thanks
Chris

Enjoy- Get one!!!

#1738 3 years ago

The answer was likely posted elsewhere, but what is the purpose of the coils in the backbox...?

IMG_5327 (resized).JPG

#1739 2 years ago
Quoted from phyreteam:

The answer was likely posted elsewhere, but what is the purpose of the coils in the backbox...?

Looking at the wiring , they are using them as filter coils.
As you know, there is a woofer in the bottom & stereo mid range / tweeter up top. The caps & coils filter out the low frequency which is then sent to the woofer in the cabinet. This is a nice LC filter network (better than just a cap in series with the high frequency speaker.

From the manual: 11 511-7666-00 High Pass Filter Assembly

#1740 2 years ago

With the capacitors on the solder tabs above, they act as what's known as "L-C" filters. High frequency noise that travels within the wiring is removed with them. Likely prevents unwanted resets or switch noise.

#1741 2 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Looking at the wiring , they are using them as filter coils.
As you know, there is a woofer in the bottom & stereo mid range / tweeter up top. The caps & coils filter out the low frequency which is then sent to the woofer in the cabinet. This is a nice LC filter network (better than just a cap in series with the high frequency speaker.
From the manual: 11 511-7666-00 High Pass Filter Assembly

Quoted from ramegoom:

With the capacitors on the solder tabs above, they act as what's known as "L-C" filters. High frequency noise that travels within the wiring is removed with them. Likely prevents unwanted resets or switch noise.

So it's basically like a ferrite core on steroids?

#1742 2 years ago
Quoted from phyreteam:

Stereo knockers!*

*Actual knockers sold separately. Pricing and specifications subject to change. See Gary at the Badda Bing Bar for more details...

#1743 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Stereo knockers!*

I wonder what a knocker would even sound like in the new metal backboxes?

#1744 2 years ago

Anything's better than that god awful "Screech!"

IMG_4984 (resized).JPG

#1745 2 years ago

Just got my GBpre - great machine, great theme! I wish the Stern Slimer Butt scraper quality control guy didn't take his
15 minute break just when my machine passed through but otherwise 'very pleased

#1746 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Just got my GBpre - great machine, great theme! I wish the Stern Slimer Butt scraper quality control guy didn't take his
15 minute break just when my machine passed through but otherwise 'very pleased

Supposed to be that way. Remember, it's a feature that simulates him sliming things. Apparently, though, no one told Stern that, as a ghost, he could pass through things.

#1747 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What really sucks is my buddy just got 9B on 1.05 and then I uploaded to 1.13 and poof it's gone. Haha!

#1748 2 years ago

Mine came 2 weeks ago,has about a hundred plays on it and the Slimer Mech froze up!! B66LE came Fri.and its so fu...d up.I can't play one ball!! MY last STERN!!! BEWARE!!!!

#1749 2 years ago

Game went into ball search today after a multiball session and I couldn't figure out where the stuck ball was. Then I looked down between the flippers and low and behold there were four balls all bunched up so they couldn't fit into the out hole. Some vigorous shaking cleared it up. Pretty funny.

#1750 2 years ago

I fixed the Ghostbusters Premium/LE "subway ball does not return all the way" problem on my new GB Premium today. With the table upright loosen the underside nut connecting the downward subway rail cage to the clear plastic subway....then push the metal cage over a little bit (retighten nut) so it shoots ball straight and not into the side of the tube which slows it down enough to create the problem...zero issues now. No tape or bending of anything.... Good luck. JT

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1815 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside