20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4105 Link to replacement auto plunge spring that improves launch for some. Posted by Spelunk71 (6 years ago)

Post #4120 Shorter Hex Spacer to make left short easier. Posted by Blakester (6 years ago)

Post #4129 Custom target brackets that help eliminate airballs. Posted by swinks (6 years ago)

Post #10285 Color DMD variants video Posted by wolffcub (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4108 6 years ago

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but, has anyone added the Ecto Goggles (hologram) from a premium model to a Pro model? Is it even possible? Would you have to change the whole board system? Just curious. I have a pro model and wish it had the goggles.
thanks

#4122 6 years ago

I posted this in the GB issue thread also. So sorry for the double post if you follow that thread also. I have a Ghostbusters pro and I seem to be have a small problem with the left flipper. It works, but when I hit the ball at the end of the flipper it seems to have a low power. If I hit it in the middle of the flipper, it works as normal. I did replaced the nylon sleeve because it was dirty, in the flipper coil but that didn't effect much. I also replaced the flipper buttons the other day. The gap on the flipper switch seems good. IS There something I'm missing? thanks

#4123 6 years ago

NVM. I found that it was the break leaf switch. I bent them down a little more so it makes a good break. Fixed the problem. Thanks

2 weeks later
#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Yes $500 is overpriced. It flashes during ball save, if you get an extra ball, we got one, and It cycles during part of the attract mode. I forget if there is anything else. For me it was the perfect polish for the game and worth the coin spend.

I agree with you. Yes overpriced, but I bought one anyways. Knowing that they make this for the game, I just had to have it. It completes the game.

3 weeks later
#4260 6 years ago

I added the TV mod from Sparky through Mezel Mod to my GB pro. Looks great.

IMG_9712 (resized).jpegIMG_9712 (resized).jpeg

#4262 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What other mods have you done to the game?

Shaker motor is a big plus. I've also done the library and the fire house mods. I'll send pics tomorrow.

#4273 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What other mods have you done to the game?

As promised, here are some pics of the mods/addons I have done to my Ghostbusters Pro. I also added some Cliffy protectors in a few spots and game blades on the sides.

IMG_9716 (resized).JPGIMG_9716 (resized).JPG
IMG_9715 (resized).JPGIMG_9715 (resized).JPG
IMG_9714 (resized).JPGIMG_9714 (resized).JPG
IMG_9717 (resized).JPGIMG_9717 (resized).JPG
IMG_9718 (resized).JPGIMG_9718 (resized).JPG
IMG_9720 (resized).JPGIMG_9720 (resized).JPG
IMG_9721 (resized).JPGIMG_9721 (resized).JPG
IMG_9719 (resized).JPGIMG_9719 (resized).JPG
IMG_9713 (resized).JPGIMG_9713 (resized).JPG

#4278 6 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

goza mod/toy is great.

Toys R Us...action figure. Added 2 sided tape on the feet and she stays in perfect

#4287 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Pro. Once the songs and volumes are set, though, it isn’t too hard to do both versions.

Im so interested to see how this turns out.

2 months later
#4709 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The good far outweighs the bad imo.

I've had this game for about 6 months. I bought it from a friend. Its a GB pro. I absolutely love this game. I love how challenging this game is. I just smile every time I see it and play it, good or bad game. This one will never leave my game room.

1 month later
#4799 5 years ago

I recently added the walking stay puff mod to my GB pro...Love it! one of the best mods, IMO. I think I need to stop with this game. Ive already added Tilt Graphics game blades, Sparkys TV, Stern shaker motor, Stern topper, Mezel Mod drain busters, Stern brick firehouse, Mezel mod library, green slime on my slimer, and a Gozer action figure in the back. I think Im done or until a color DMD comes around, maybe? Sure looks and plays great.

1 month later
#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Just replaced my Mezel Mods Library in the Pro today with the actual Premium Library. Really enjoying that upgrade, looks awesome.

I have the Mezel Mod one too only because I cant find one of these. Where did you find this one?

3 months later
#5344 5 years ago

I have a GB pro. Love this game. It's a keeper. Ive done a few mods to the game and never had any issues. But, I feel like I want to sell/trade it and get the Premium. I figure its about a $2k upgrade. I haven't played the Premium much, but I like the subway and the hologram. Is that all Im really missing? Has anyone ever said "I wish I had the pro and not the premium"? Im just trying to see what opinions are and determine if I should spend the $2k and the hassle. Thanks

#5349 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That said, I'd recommend the mezel mods cover for the Firehouse HQ. It looks a WHOLE lot better:

I put the firehouse kit on mine. I also changed out the library to the premium library bought from Marco. I also installed a spraky tv in the same area there the hologram would go. I put the walking stay puff in too. Shaker motor installed, and Stern topper. Also, tilt graphics side blades. As for the storage unit, I made the Walter Peck (action figure background) mod. Looks awesome.

#5396 5 years ago

I got my LCD from ColorDMD today. Slapped that baby in my GB pro. No problems. However I will note there is a confusing step. When installing the Chroma.rom off of the USB and you push the button on the left and hold for 5 sec the screen goes blank. There is no progress line or status of the install. I found this out because I walked away to take a phone call and when i came back everything was installed as it should be. Putting the LCD on Scan does seem the best option. Overall I'm really please with the way it turned out. Looks great and a huge upgrade for the game. I will also note that I ordered PinMonk gasket which will take up the space of where the LCD sits.

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you look at the status lights on the lower right of the board, "PROG" lights up while it's programming the rom, then "DONE" when it's ready to go.

Ah, guess I didn't pay attention to that. Thanks for the info

#5400 5 years ago

I installed the foam gasket I got from @vireland. It looks so pro and good. I highly recommend getting if you change out your DMD.

IMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG
#5402 5 years ago

Also, I have a GB pro and I scratched the decal on the left side of the backbox. Anyone have or know where I can find just that one side decal? I asked Stern and they told me I have to go through a distributor. 1st distributor told me $196. Anyone know of another outlet?

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I assume they can order the pro one for you since they're sold individually.

Marco told me to check ebay or pinside.

1 week later
#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So the gasket you referenced doesn't come with the lcd kit colordmd sells?

spend the money and get the gasket form PinMonk it make a big difference in the way it looks. Happy with mine.

3 months later
#5764 5 years ago

Goodbye Ghostbusters Pro

IMG_1656 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 2 (resized).jpg
#5765 5 years ago

Hello Premium LE

IMG_1681 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpg
#5770 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I thought I saw someone in either this group or somewhere on pinside that they replaced the pop bumper cityscape cover with pop bumper caps and it really opened up the playfield but I cant find any reference to it and it is driving me crazy

You mean these?

ce297c8c70f6036939ff3105380b8b6998efbe10 (resized).jpgce297c8c70f6036939ff3105380b8b6998efbe10 (resized).jpg
#5774 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Looks nice, How do they look lite up?

These arnt mine, I found this pic on pinside when you lookup GB prem. I was just trying to help the above poster with what he was talking about.

#5778 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

1) use adhesive/glue to stick down the protector to the playfield.

or

2) remove the protector and put a little mylar down to help protect the timber around the scoop.

Any suggestions would be very grateful.

I've had this issue on other games with theses protectors. I took mine out and carefully bent it back into shape. Then used some really strong, thin, 2 sided tape to put it down. I found 2 sided carpet tape that works really good. It's thin and strong. I wouldn't use glue.

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would upgrade to a cliffy protector and his postage rates are good to down under

I assumed this was a Cliffy, yes what he said. Get a cliffy

2 weeks later
#5824 5 years ago

I have a GB LE with code 1.13.0 I've noticed that when I play and it get to "We came we saw we kicked its.." the insert on the pf doesnt light. When I start the game and when I do a system test it lights no problem. Has anyone seen this issue before. thanks for any help.

#5826 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I got to that mode for the first time last night and noticed the same.

Well that makes me feel better that its not just my game. Maybe its a software issue.

#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Maybe it only lights when you complete the mode?

I did complete the mode on my game. I tested it manually..meaning I pulled the glass and did it all by hand. Still didnt light

1 week later
#5869 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Heres my HUO pro, best upgrade ive done was the color DMD by far. Never had any issues other then when I hit slimer the other day two of his finger tips broke off

YES this looks great. Nice touch

2 weeks later
#5974 4 years ago

Ive had both. Currently I have a LE. I feel between the pro and the premium they are 2 different games. Games play may seem similar but so different. I got the pro first because thats all I could afford and over the 2 years I had it I added, shaker motor, walking stay puff, side blades, Sparky TV, a few action figures, custom storage facility, premium library and topper. The game was decked out. I only sold it to upgrade to the LE because a friend was selling his. I removed my color LCD and firehouse mod and put it in my LE. I made someone a sweet deal on my pro and sold it quick. It was their second pin and they were sooo happy to get my game. Anyways, my point being, I was figuring on my Pro being a forever game, thats why I went all out. But...so glad I picked up my Slimer LE.

IMG_1007 (resized).JPGIMG_1007 (resized).JPGIMG_1678 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1678 2 (resized).jpg
#5976 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Sweet. Where did you get the Library and the Storage Facility that you had on your Pro?

Marco on the Library and the Storage Facility I made. It come in the Walter Peck action figure. Then modded it for the lights and size

#5988 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If you are an average player it wont be that bad but the good thing about it is, GB will make you a better pinball player because if forces you to make good shots. If you brick shots on GB its drain city. I love mine though and i wouldn't sell it for nothing.

right on the money

#6007 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!

Nice job! How many balls do you have your game set on? just curious

3 weeks later
#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

GB is one of my favorite games released in the last few years. Just wondering...what are the best mods for it?

Walking stay puff! Shaker motor, color LCD.

4 weeks later
#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have the LCD for my IJ and would recommend it over led for the reason it has four different settings. I like the solid one for IJ (can't remember what they call that one). That isn't an option on the led.

This is the reason I'm leaning lcd on GB too. I bought an Iron Man that already had a led dmd last year and don't like it as much on that game the lcd solid setting on my IJ & WH2O.

Hoping LED is a lot better on GB.

I agree with you. I have 3 LCD in my AP, MET and GB. I like that I can make them look like the LED if i choose. I usually put them on Scan which smooths the edges a little. Hires is a little much for me. As for brightness, I wouldnt want them any brighter than they are. I also have a LED in my LAH, only because they dont offer the LCD. It looks great too,but id prefer having the options on the LCD. Thats just my take. To each his own.

#6372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Nope. Strongly disagree. Between the pro and prem/LE are totally different animals. Your left ramp is SS instead of plastic, it's STEEPER than the pro (by a long shot), right ramp is a whore to hit whereas on the pro, it's a lot easier to nail consistently.

I agree with you. Ive owned both. Sold my pro for an LE. I agree, 2 different games. Both great. I prefer the premium and to me, its worth the upgrade. Magna slings are so unpredictable and make it seem as if a Ghost is controlling them.

1 month later
#6576 4 years ago

Hes not on a spring but a metal bracket that lets him bouunce a bit.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.52.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.52.35 PM (resized).png
1 month later
#6827 4 years ago

So Glad I upgraded from the pro to the LE....Cant wait for the new code!!

#6910 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is the colordmd worth it?

YES! so worth it. I went with the LCD and love it

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The color dmd takes the game to a higher level. The lcd version gives you much more options on the the display IMHO.

This was my thought too. You can make the LCD look like the LED if preferred, but you can't the other way around.

#6935 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

hanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

Trader!! But isnt this what the hobby is all about? Buying/selling/trading/re-buying. Thats a pretty cool trade. AFM is such a great game. I want one too. Maybe you're ahead of the curve and the code will suck and we will all watch as the prices of GB falls even more. Good luck with the new game!

#6974 4 years ago

c'mon Wednesday hurry up and get here. Could this week move any slower?

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sorry, can anyone explain the hype please?

There is lots of reading for you to do about all the little things and big things that need fixing. Those of us that have had this game since it came out, have been waiting for this big fixes to get attention. I personally like the way the game plays. Im curious to see if they finally add the Wizard mode. Stuff like that.

#6991 4 years ago

For me, I love the game as it is. But I'm excited that GB is getting a code update, however big or small. I think I let Pinside opinions get to me too much, and I feel I need to defend the game (maybe because I own one). I see all the hate for this game and the complaining about flipper gap, air balls, ghosting, splitting cabinets, topper etc.. However I also respect everyones opinions and we are entitled to have one. To me it seems that when this game came out there was a lot of love for it. I feel like since John Trudeau got into his trouble, Ghostbusters became the escape goat for all of our discussed feeling and hateful feelings of what he did. So with all the issues of the game, it makes it that much easier to hate on the game. There will always be something wrong with EVERY pinball machine that comes out. Someone, somewhere, is not going to like something about any game out there. Some just more than others. Im the last person to try and tell someone they are wrong in their opinions of what they dislike about the game. Like it or hate it, buy it or sell it, it's up to you to make those decisions. It's your money.
I've owned a pro and now have a LE. I will admit that I get a little bummed out with the big airballs, the flipper gap is challenging, but there are more things I like about the game than don't like. Is it the best game ever? Maybe not, but it's pretty fun and looks great. That's just my opinion. Cant wait to see all the comments about the new code. Or maybe I should just not worry so much about what everyone else thinks.

#7009 4 years ago

Notice it says “game code overhaul”

5543B26E-4E61-46C1-9B7D-B7A26964620B (resized).jpeg5543B26E-4E61-46C1-9B7D-B7A26964620B (resized).jpeg
#7013 4 years ago

Lots of changes I would assume

#7035 4 years ago

NEW video art too

#7036 4 years ago

WOW!!! Are you a God? is AWESOME!

#7040 4 years ago

sometime next week Dwight said

#7043 4 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

Having it rotate call outs so "who brought the dog?' isn't said every time might be the best change!

I like that too. Did you hear Dwight say they added new call out for ones they had stored? That sounds exciting

#7139 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Meeg got one

What number is your LE?

#7166 4 years ago

Still no game code...c'mon already!

#7168 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Try checking later.

I know it's coming, just excited/impatient

#7178 4 years ago

ITS POSTED!!!

#7179 4 years ago

GAME CODE! GAME CODE IS HERE!!

#7243 4 years ago

WOW! ARE YOU A GOD? is so fun to play

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Don't forget to update your ratings in the "Top 100" list</blockquote

Has the game moved up on the list since the update?

1 week later
#7430 4 years ago

WOW New code again today!

#7439 4 years ago

WOW! I had no issue at all. I just deleted the 1.16 code off my thumb drive and pasted the 1.17 version onto the drive. I did NOT reformat. Removed the backglass, plugged it into the top USB port and turned the game on. It asked me to hit select to start the update. After that it was done....Also, Im NOT having any issues with my sound. I have an LE However a friend of mine has a Pro and he is having issues with the sound.

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

When you power cycle your game does it actually say 1.07? We all did those same steps and it says it completed but actually didn't when you reboot.

Mine says 1.17.0

IMG_8515 (resized).JPGIMG_8515 (resized).JPG
#7443 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My update takes a few seconds before it says complete. But I still only have 1.16 le. A friend with a pro said his update took a few seconds too and it worked. I don't get how a 1gb file can only take a few seconds to update and yet all the other code drops taje minutes

It seems like its just an "add on" I only took a few minutes to do the whole thing. I didnt even lose any of my high scores....Still was on Free play

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Seems like the Pro update is having issues that the LE is not. Will try again in a few days I guess. I know I am not doing anything wrong on my end with the sticks and update process.

keep us posted and good luck

#7465 4 years ago

FYI my USB is a 8gb stick

3 weeks later
#7591 4 years ago

In case anyone missed it ColorDMD put out the update

#7611 4 years ago

yep, all color now...test GOD mode to make sure, 1st thing

1 week later
#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Do you mean when you get the number "match" at the end of a game?

I was thinking the same thing

3 weeks later
#7732 4 years ago

Color DMD usually sends a splitter. That’s all you should need

1 month later
#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

I need some air all protectors for sure

Adjust the flipper down a little. It helps with the airballs

Added over 4 years ago:

flipper strength.

2 weeks later
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello everyone.
Happy to say that i joined the club with a Premium today. Really happy with the machine that have had 1 previous owner and looks mint.

I have one issue i wanted to hear if anyone else experienced:

The left scoleri brother target wont stay up when done by tha coil / code. It just goes straight down again. Think it stays up maybe 1 in 20 tries when energising it in test mode. If i just push up the coil plunger with my finger it always stays up.

I recorded a slo-mo video showing it. In the video it seems like the vibrations are so strong that the small flap that pokes the plastic part actually hits it and therefor releases it. But that isn't the case. Even ih i firmly hold the release in place it still happens.

It just seems that it is the whole drop down mech that vibrates and flexes so much that the little "hold tap" on the plastic part slips off the edge...

Anyone else experienced this?

Post #3760 In the Ghostbusters Issue Thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-issue-thread/page/76#post-4248478att=5461197,1883965 caption=""]

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.35.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.35.10 AM (resized).png
3 weeks later
#8024 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I had some more of these made up and am now selling them directly

I have these on my game. They are by far the best and do look factory. Thanks for making these...and Cliffy too

9 months later
#8941 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

But I thought GB was a clunker and it’s too hard and that flipper gap and the airballs and the code and...and. I guess it’s a great game after all! Glad I never sold mine.

HAHA so true! Never selling my LE....ever!.....well at least for a long time.

4 months later
#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Now I know why I never saw it.. he signed in black ink. Totally blends into the artwork.

Not something to be proud of in my opinion. I have an LE with his signature and wish i could remove it.

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I would imagein any kind of polish would remove it.. Novus 2...

To be honest, I havent tried. I will now.I just didnt want to mess up the clear coat in any way, so i just left it alone

3 weeks later
#9331 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I apologize for spamming this thread, but I have just 4 of these left. Price includes shipping within the CONUS.

I have these on my game and they are awesome!

4 months later
#9710 2 years ago

Is it just me or does there seem to be a renewed interest in Ghostbusters Pinball? It seems like more and more people are looking for one and the prices seem outrageous. My LE is bolted to the ground.

3 months later
#10309 2 years ago
Quoted from eyeamred2u:

I know, It stinks. We all saw it coming like a smack to the face.

Its crazy to think that 3-4 years ago, seemingly lots of people were dumping this game. I had a pro in 2017 and sold it to upgrade to a LE. Now I see what people are asking for LE and its insane. I got lucky and got a LE with low plays and a few mods and topper. I sometimes think I should just move my GB along, but then I wouldn't have a GB....I have loved this game since it game out. I love a challenging game, Plus I was always a fan of Ghostbuster movies, except for the 2016 reboot movie. Although I don't play it much, I think it's one of those games that will live in my game room until I die.

#10327 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Should I try to find a premium?

Ive had both and currently have an LE. I prefer the premium over the pro. The subway shot under the playfield is awesome and satisfying. I prefer the magna slings. They are so unpredictable.

1 week later
#10435 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Just finally found time to install Swinks Proton Gun mod.

Wait...so this mod blocks the outlane?

#10461 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Lightsabers in a Ghostbuster game...lame

I know, kinda feels like cheating. Might as well play with the glass off. To each their own.

#10482 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

So what are the thoughts on other games that have drain saving functions? Magnets like Black Knight, any game with kick backs, or ones with a pop up center post, or ones like globe trotters that have lane redirect gates?

I feel if a game was designed that way from the factory then it should be used to it’s full potential. Adding something to make the game more challenging or easier is a form of cheating. Cheating the way it was originally designed. If this game was in the lineup in a tournament it wouldn’t have these devices that alter game play. Drain blockers or larger flippers or an added center post I personally don’t like on GB games. But in reality who is anyone really cheating against? Yourself? If you like to play the game with these things in the game then, more power to you. To each their own. I do however like mods and lighting effects in my games. Anything to make them more detailed.

#10486 2 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

but they were planned for the game but bailed on completing it so stern installed plastic plugs in the designated holes. The mod just finishes up the initial design intention

I guess i missed this part of the conversation. I thought the proton beam was going to be used in a different way.

#10487 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Honestly, who cares. Most don't buy pinball machines to compete in tournaments. They buy them for home and family entertainment. If a mod or whatever makes the game more enjoyable for someone, their family, or friends, good for them. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

I 100% agree with you. I was only stating my opinion because I was asked.

#10490 2 years ago

WOW! this is really cool. Nice work

#10497 2 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hello fellow Busters

The Scoleri Brothers in my premium are possessed. While down they randomly start to shake. By shake I mean they looked like they moving up and down a little bit and quickly. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Some people have had issues with these targets in the past. Most of the fixes have been by replacing the springs. Here is a thread about the issue. Hope this helps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scoleri-brothers-targets-issue-ghostbusters

8 months later
#11146 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone looking for a topper? Lol

I can see it now. Seller sells topper for this price. Buyer pays with Paypal...Seller ships it out. Then charges are reversed as Paypal claims fraud.. Now seller is out the topper and the money.

1 week later
#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The magna slings are such a cool addition I really don't get the hate - yes they occasionally screw you over and drop the ball down the middle, but the cool effects are worth it for me, and they are just another randomizer like any other mech (bash magnets, pops, normal slings etc) - all of which can fire the ball sdtm or straight down the outlanes.

I agree with you on all parts of your post. I like the unpredictable of the magna slings. Makes it like a ghost is in control of it.

3 months later
#11473 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:Ok really thinking of pulling the trigger on this pin, however, I normally never purchase anything but a premium when going with stern. Can anyone give me their opinion on why you are happy you went with premium or why your stoked you decided to go with pro. I have a bead on a pro as it has been much more difficult finding a premium. I believe in the end this could be a phycological thing with me and maybe i should get over it and used the save money to mod the pro up. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Both great games. Ive had both. Currently I have a LE. In my opinion the Premium/LE is the better game. Things i like better that are missing on the Pro are:
1)Subway shot
2)Ghost Hologram
3)Slimer moves side to side and up and down.
4)Actual ball lock
5)Mag Slings
thats just my opinion.

#11478 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I think there are 3 games that are better as pros. GB, BKSOR, and GOT.

For me, Metallica pro is a better player than premium.

But the Magna slings are so unpredictable.....kinda like a "Ghost" is making them move

Quoted from nocreditdot:

I really disliked the magna slings on the LE when I played it

#11497 1 year ago

Questions, Did the Magna slings come on the Premiums or is that just an LE thing?

6 months later
#11992 7 months ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

Ghostbusters was our first pin we purchased, and probably one we will never sell.

I purchased this shooter a year or two ago, and never installed it.

I have it up in a Pinside ad if anyone is interested.

HOLY MOLY! Are they really going for that much? I have one just sitting in my coin box because i changed it out for a Stay puff rod years ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bicyclenut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one?tu=bicyclenut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.