Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

Ok if there are no borders then all you guys should be buying from Jay Richardson Pinball out of Calgary, Alberta Canada! He's a great guy to talk to. If you want a JJP machine he'll not only ship nation wide but international! Can visit their website to contact him directly. Support your local dealer and ditch this guy posting this ad.

Wow - who pooped in your Cheerios... I will concur I met Jay at the JJP factory years ago and he was a super nice down to earth guy. Problem with your pitch is that we all respectfully DO NOT sell into countries where there are distributors. I have sold to Brazil, but nobody's there... I will NOT sell into Canada, UK, etc... where there are other fine distributors who know the process of shipping, customs, taxes and can better service, speak the language if there is a barrier (you Canadians say ehh a lot don't you ?), etc... So Jay probably can't or won't sell into US and we won't sell up there - the border is for countries not states. Case in point - I got an inquiry from the UK over the weekend and immediately carboned Phil from Pinball Heaven and referred the customer to him. Not sure what you're upset about, but I think Jay can carry himself just fine. I hear nothing but good things about him.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

While i agree with "support your local guy," there are a couple of issues that don't always make that work. Local sales tax can be a killer. In Illinois for example (cook county, Chicago) the sales tax is 10.25%. If you are a Illinois residence and purchase directly from JJP (your local distributor), they (JJP) are required to collect the sales tax. so, if you purchase a new Dialed In at $9,000 that means that there is another $922.50 in sales tax (not to mention shipping). If you purchase from an out of state distributor (KingPin, Pincades, Pinball Company) <-- i mention these because they are in the states surrounding Illinois, then the distributor is not required to collect the sales tax, but you are supposed to declare that yourself on your taxes. I have sold machines to people in other states because they didn't want to have to pay their local sales tax.
Joe is a great guy. If i wasn't a distributor myself, i would purchase from him (and i have purchased MMrs from him for my clients).

Chris - Are you the one sneaking games into Canada through the backwoods of Wisconsin... I'm catching heat for that shit brother ! LOL I can see you racing on dirt roads in a pickup playing Skynyrd spittin chew out the window screaming - 'Here comes the Hobbits to the great white north !'

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

I think what you have said should be read by JJP. There are more important things to be concerned about in the world but it would be a shame if the momentum in pinball and particularly JJP is lost because of near crazy levels of optimism from what is a low deposit funding system where the rug can easily be pulled from beneath you.

I am sure Jack & Co. read the boards and am confident they get it.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Chris - Are you the one sneaking games into Canada through the backwoods of Wisconsin... I'm catching heat for that shit brother ! LOL I can see you racing on dirt roads in a pickup playing Skynyrd spittin chew out the window screaming - 'Here comes the Hobbits to the great white north !'

Ha! only if they fit on the back of my Harley. No "chew" either. Never could get past the gross factor.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Why does this worry you? Don't buy it.
Both JJP and Stern blew past what most people (operators and collectors) feel is an acceptable price for a pinball machine quite awhile ago. I believe it will start catching up with them now if it hasn't already.
When Jack initially announced WOZ at $6,500 many people were taken aback. Now, the average full featured game is 8K?
When BM66 and DI begin to accumulate dust in their manufacturer's warehouses pricing will change substantially (not a measly $500), but not before.
For the record, I appreciate Jack and JJP. I hope both are very successful.

Nice how you only quoted one half of my point. My complete thought says worried because of all the threads on pinside already regarding high price. If the price goes up I worry pinside will be flooded with more outcry threads. I think the hobby is better served by more cheergul threads of course!

I wont be buying. Not because UI cannot afford it...it is a matter of principle and also a matter of lacking perceived value at that price range.

I will let you get back to your cocky twisted fractional quoting of Pinsiders like me

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I think the hobby is better served by more cheerful threads of course!

How's this one ? Great job Brad Czernik ! Best wishes Steve Charland !

#257 7 years ago

not a theme about phone but, an regular joe walk in front of the machine, see a phone on the pf with the title dialled in, i'm pretty sure his first impression is a pinball machine with a phone theme and i'll bet anyone.

i don't doubt the machine plays great or the rule is great but it still say phone to me, it's taking selfies and ringing and calling you....
theme is not for me.
joe lighting going left to right a la big buck rollingshhhhtones is not for me.
price is not for me (canadian price is insane), the only way i could (but i doubt it) buy one is if the price is 5-6k for a standard (equivalent of a pro/premium).

i hope JJP and stern realise that they've reached the max with their crazy prices or it's gonna hit hard in the coming years.
i think the pinball community have enough of this B.S. it's time to come back to earth.

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Nice how you only quoted one half of my point. My complete thought says worried because of all the threads on pinside already regarding high price. If the price goes up I worry pinside will be flooded with more outcry threads. I think the hobby is better served by more cheergul threads of course!
I wont be buying. Not because UI cannot afford it...it is a matter of principle and also a matter of lacking perceived value at that price range.
I will let you get back to your cocky twisted fractional quoting of Pinsiders like me

Yeah, I guess I stole a page out of Hillary's playbook.

Please accept my apology.

#259 7 years ago

Anyone have a show list of where Dialed In will be? I'd like to play it before I commit to order one. Doesn't look like one is going to HAAG sadly.

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone have a show list of where Dialed In will be? I'd like to play it before I commit to order one. Doesn't look like one is going to HAAG sadly.

i believe IAAPA is the next one.

http://www.iaapa.org/

#261 7 years ago

Wow .The name is changing

#263 7 years ago

Standard Edition $ 8,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable
Limited Edition $ 9,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable - 2,500 made
Collector's Edition $ 12,500 / $ 1,000 Deposit - Refundable - only sold until 12/31/16

Watch the replay of the video on Buffalo Pinball's Twitch page : https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

SE comes with Stainless Steel Trim and does include the Shaker Motor

LE and CE has Powder Coated Colored Trim, Invisiglass, Shaker Motor, Printed Manual.

CE has Rad Cal decals, collector's plaque with signatures signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Signed Comic book. Mirrored back panel. Special backglass.. and MORE to be added !

Email Joe at [email protected]

#264 7 years ago

Home run! Loads of Fun, and I hope and expect tons to be sold!

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Wow .The name is changing

Makes me wish I had bid on that pf at the expo auction

#266 7 years ago

There are very little people in the world that pay MSRP for Cars or Sterns; Do you and/or JJP plan to charge MSRP to collectors and/or operators?

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Home run! Loads of Fun, and I hope and expect tons to be sold!

Layout looks like it is really fun to shoot! Great flow, and smooth shots.

I find the callouts, sound effects, and music to range from annoying to mediocre. Supposed to be a modern/futuristic theme, and the sounds are old school. Artwork is also the worst of JJP pins thus far. And I still think the theme was a very poor choice.

Add to the above the price of admission, I wouldn't expect "tons to be sold" IMO.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I find the callouts, sound effects, and music to range from annoying to mediocre. Supposed to be a modern/futuristic theme, and the sounds are old school.

Agreed but presumably the callouts, sound effects and music will improve as the game code matures and more is added. I think they got the message people aren't fans of the phone ringing all the time, so I'm sure that will be reduced shortly.

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I find the callouts, sound effects, and music to range from annoying to mediocre. Supposed to be a modern/futuristic theme, and the sounds are old school. Artwork is also the worst of JJP pins thus far. And I still think the theme was a very poor choice.
Add to the above the price of admission, I wouldn't expect "tons to be sold" IMO.

And that is the trouble in trying to be 'different'.

One of the modes is Alien Invasion.

I think most of us would have been happy if the theme had been Alien Invasion. Oh well, it is what it is.

#270 7 years ago

Is the comic book available to purchase with the Standard model?

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think most of us would have been happy if the theme had been Alien Invasion. Oh well, it is what it is.

More of an issue with the name rather than the theme then? The theme is cataclysmic city disaster.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Agreed but presumably the callouts, sound effects and music will improve as the game code matures and more is added. I think they got the message people aren't fans of the phone ringing all the time, so I'm sure that will be reduced shortly.

Adding more callouts etc. will only make them less repetitive, not necessarily better if they are from the same cloth as the stuff we've already heard.

I agree that the annoying cell phone ringing will more than likely be addressed given all the negative feedback. JJP does listen and will improve when they can. Apparently this includes a name change, which personally I don't even think is needed.

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Im sorry we missed each other playing at Expo!

I agree, its not for everyone, just Thankfully we have 4 choices of new games.
Certainly something for everyone.
Id love to own each of these, somewhere down the road, and see whats worth keeping.
I just find it hard to judge some things until I would have more time and the code matures.

No masterpiece on playfield art, but Stuff above the playfield, I find top notch. I find the opposite in the Hobbit.
I agree, we would love both, like maybe Ghostbusters, but then theres critique there.

Sound, Im going deaf, so maybe Im a bit biased, but I couldnt hear much at Expo, so I guess
a vid is out showing a mode, and Ill respect that.

I am hoping for tons sold, because it means more games will come.

Personally, Ill sell a couple games, I hope, and look for this next.

Doesnt mean an Alien, or anything else wont derail me!

#274 7 years ago

Anyone looking to buy one of these from Joe.
I won a 250.00 gift certificate from him,I can't use. Stupid border
I will take 150.00 for it,you still save 100.00.

I did ask,he won't ship here.
I did use Jay Richardson for my Hobbit SE,and WozECLE.

#275 7 years ago

Beyond a real limited blinged Collector model, why not simply have the ability to build your own game off a base model?
I guess to turn a profit that has to start at exactly 8k.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Apparently this includes a name change, which personally I don't even think is needed.

Are they considering this? I think that'd be a good move...the existing name is not a deal breaker for me but just Quantum City or something would make a big difference.

I hope they do improve the sound quality. My guess is they will revisit some of it beyond just the cell phone ringing with more feedback.

Right now this is the game most likely to get my NIB dollars for 2017, assuming I like the feel when I actually get to play it.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are they considering this? I think that'd be a good move...the existing name is not a deal breaker for me but just Quantum City or something would make a big difference.

Yes, Jack said they are going to tweak the name, but it would still retain the words "Dialed In", because those words are still very central to the original design.

In order to appease Pinside, I'm guessing the new name will be something like:

"Quantum City Disaster: Dialed In! (Please note, this is not a cell phone theme!)"

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Standard Edition $ 8,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable
Limited Edition $ 9,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable - 2,500 made
Collector's Edition $ 12,500 / $ 1,000 Deposit - Refundable - only sold until 12/31/16
Watch the replay of the video on Buffalo Pinball's Twitch page : https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
SE comes with Stainless Steel Trim and does include the Shaker Motor
LE and CE has Powder Coated Colored Trim, Invisiglass, Shaker Motor, Printed Manual.
CE has Rad Cal decals, collector's plaque with signatures signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Signed Comic book. Mirrored back panel. Special backglass.. and MORE to be added !
Email Joe at [email protected]

Pretty neat how all three models include the shaker! I really did not expect that

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Pretty neat how all three models include the shaker! I really did not expect that

How much does a a shaker cost wholesale? $40? Maybe less.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Why would that make a big difference? I just don't get it. But I realize that I am in the minority and that Pinside is up in arms and have declared "Dialed In" the worst name in the history of pinball.

And as mentioned, Jack said that they are tweaking the name, but it will still have "Dialed In" as part of the title.

#281 7 years ago

I am sure the shaker is a key element to be immersive in many of the disaster / alien invasion modes. Wouldn't be a good idea to remove it from any version.

#282 7 years ago

My wifes shaker motor may also come standard if I deposit without playing first!

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

My wifes shaker motor may also come standard if I deposit without playing first!

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

Jack and Pat discussed it I'm sure at length and they felt it was going to be more an integral part of the game than just shaking during multiball so they surely didn't want to bastardize the play experience for the standard customers. Could have lowered BOM yes, but they still kept it. Yes that's commendable.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How much does a a shaker cost wholesale? $40? Maybe less.

Yeah but for the unsuspecting or non-frugal retail shopper, it could set the pin owner back $150-175 easily. That is uninstalled. I am fond of features being common on all models. Especially when they dramatically add to the pinball playing experience...like a shaker does (for most people anyway)!

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It wasn't mentioned on the stream when the code will be at 100%.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And as mentioned, Jack said that they are tweaking the name, but it will still have "Dialed In" as part of the title.

Someone proposed Dialed In Enterprise... D.I.E. would make an interesting acronym.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Someone proposed Dialed In Enterprise... D.I.E. would make an interesting acronym.

I like that one mucho! Definitely has "hang time" (ability to remain easily in short and long term memory). Just for kicks, I wonder what tge odds are that JJP might be inclined to change the name! 50/50 would be cool but me thinks it may not be even close to that

My vote for sure goes with D.I.E.

#289 7 years ago

so it's an extra $3,500 for signed manual, signed certificate, mirror, different colors and special plaque?

#290 7 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

so it's an extra $3,500 for signed manual, signed certificate, mirror, different colors and special plaque?

#291 7 years ago

I want to know how I got to the point where I'm thinking if the Dialed In LE was $7500 I'd be all over it like it was a deal...$7500 is a big chunk of change! Shoot, it wasn't that long ago I was passing on MB and AFM at $3500 because that was too much. My IJ and TAF were both bought in the low $2ks. MM at $4k? Too damn much for a game, right? I paid double that for a remake a year ago and think it's justifiable because they were all $10k+ at the time. Pure madness.

I'm kind of glad the DILE isn't $7500 to be honest.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

LOL, plus more to come!

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

This part is still baffling to me, why in the world would anyone do that. I'm all behind this game but this CE is just ridiculous with little substantiation for that huge price difference.

#294 7 years ago

Awesome interview on the podcast. Thanks for all you do for charity!

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Awesome interview on the podcast this site is scared of. Thanks for all you do for charity!

what podcast is that? I'd like to see it.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Yes Joe great interview. I don't think we are allowed to post a link.

#297 7 years ago

he ing unny

Quoted from kermit24:

Yes Joe great interview. I don't think we are allowed to post a link.

Not wanting to waste time listening to that when I could be reading Pinside and listening to metal or playing pinball Could you recap one or two things learned or something particularly funny? I istened to an episode once that was supposed to be a good one and quit after five minutes. Couldn't stand the whining or ridiculous logic used. Yesh, five minutes I won't be able to unhear.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

ing unny

Not wanting to waste time listening to that when I could be reading Pinside and listening to metal or playing pinball Could you recap one or two things learned or something particularly funny?

One particularly touching story of a nurse at a hospital crying after a pin was donated to her hospital. She was brought to tears at the sight of her young prosthetic leg patient getting out of his wheelchair excitedly to play pinball ... this after all previous attempts to get the patient to walk on his new leg were met with resistance. Great stuff. Worth the listen.

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

he ing unny

Not wanting to waste time listening to that when I could be reading Pinside and listening to metal or playing pinball Could you recap one or two things learned or something particularly funny? I istened to an episode once that was supposed to be a good one and quit after five minutes. Couldn't stand the whining or ridiculous logic used. Yesh, five minutes I won't be able to unhear.

Super interesting to hear how Joe became a distributor and how he takes care of his customers. Worth a listen for sure.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

You want to "see" a podcast? Only thing you might see is a little fellow sleeping under his TMNT sheets wearing jammies (I assume).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-limited-edition-jersey-jack-pinball/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.