Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I absolutely don't disagree with you. Well said and point taken.

I agree with them too. I have read at least two people say Jack promised special loyalty pricing. That is enough for me to say it must be true. In this case Jack lost credibility and betrayed people's. Just another rich -n- greedy businessman that does not honor or back up statements. Greed is an ugly thing. I will not be buying based on that deception plus the price is wrong. I am a wealthy too...not a greedy wealthy though.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

If you bothered to read page 1, he asked for comments and feedback.

Excellent point!!!

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Sorry Vid, but I gotta call BS on that......look over the last 3 years how much the MSRP has gone up on new pins from Stern and JJP. Inflation is up MAYBE 3% total over the same time period yet new prices for pins are up about 30-50% (or even more). Have the game they are producing gotten that much more complicated and expensive to make.......no way! They are plain and simple gouging everyone.
People are finally starting to wake up and saying enough of this BS already.
One EDIT: I have nothing against any of the distributors, they are simply selling the product that is produced and I wish them nothing but the best. I was simply replying to the statement by another user.

Yup. Business gouging 101. There is only two methods to increase bottom line profits/margins...only two. 1) You raise the selling price. 2) You provide less goods/services. For #2 think of the air Hershey bar. Genius! Candy bar full of air ( free air lol) which means less chocolate...which means lower cost and higher profit. Anyway, Stern and JJP have both conducted #1 obviously..raising price. JJP is gouging further by doing #2 also. How? Going from wide body to standard body.

Price raised...less product being given. JJP is squeezing $$$ to no end on this new offering imo. I call it greed. I still wish them well so the hobby stays active with multiple choice pin manufacturers. However, I tend to hope they reconsider the pricing strategy for DI and go after higher volume and lower the price(and margins). Reason mostly is I would prefer wide spread product penetration over scarcity any day if the week. More pins in the field means more exposure. More exposure usually means more chance of longevity and popularity for the hobby

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Talked to Jack recently, he said they'll have some updated news on Dialed IN on saturday during the live stream

What worries me...kinda, is this. With all the threads here regarding the high $9k and $12.5k prices...what if...what if down the road JJP actually raises the prices further! I mean crud, it coukd happen. 3 months from now we may have threads here talking about the $9,700 and $13,200 Dialed In pins! Sounds crazy but it may happen once they finalize tge BOM further or have some parts experience price increases in the distribution channels.

Here is hoping it does not happen and instead the pin price drops a little bit

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Why does this worry you? Don't buy it.
Both JJP and Stern blew past what most people (operators and collectors) feel is an acceptable price for a pinball machine quite awhile ago. I believe it will start catching up with them now if it hasn't already.
When Jack initially announced WOZ at $6,500 many people were taken aback. Now, the average full featured game is 8K?
When BM66 and DI begin to accumulate dust in their manufacturer's warehouses pricing will change substantially (not a measly $500), but not before.
For the record, I appreciate Jack and JJP. I hope both are very successful.

Nice how you only quoted one half of my point. My complete thought says worried because of all the threads on pinside already regarding high price. If the price goes up I worry pinside will be flooded with more outcry threads. I think the hobby is better served by more cheergul threads of course!

I wont be buying. Not because UI cannot afford it...it is a matter of principle and also a matter of lacking perceived value at that price range.

I will let you get back to your cocky twisted fractional quoting of Pinsiders like me

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Standard Edition $ 8,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable
Limited Edition $ 9,000 / $ 250 Deposit - Refundable - 2,500 made
Collector's Edition $ 12,500 / $ 1,000 Deposit - Refundable - only sold until 12/31/16
Watch the replay of the video on Buffalo Pinball's Twitch page : https://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
SE comes with Stainless Steel Trim and does include the Shaker Motor
LE and CE has Powder Coated Colored Trim, Invisiglass, Shaker Motor, Printed Manual.
CE has Rad Cal decals, collector's plaque with signatures signed by Jack Guarnieri, Pat Lawlor, and John Youssi. Signed Comic book. Mirrored back panel. Special backglass.. and MORE to be added !
Email Joe at [email protected]

Pretty neat how all three models include the shaker! I really did not expect that

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How much does a a shaker cost wholesale? $40? Maybe less.

Yeah but for the unsuspecting or non-frugal retail shopper, it could set the pin owner back $150-175 easily. That is uninstalled. I am fond of features being common on all models. Especially when they dramatically add to the pinball playing experience...like a shaker does (for most people anyway)!

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Someone proposed Dialed In Enterprise... D.I.E. would make an interesting acronym.

I like that one mucho! Definitely has "hang time" (ability to remain easily in short and long term memory). Just for kicks, I wonder what tge odds are that JJP might be inclined to change the name! 50/50 would be cool but me thinks it may not be even close to that

My vote for sure goes with D.I.E.

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

One particularly touching story of a nurse at a hospital crying after a pin was donated to her hospital. She was brought to tears at the sight of her young prosthetic leg patient getting out of his wheelchair excitedly to play pinball ... this after all previous attempts to get the patient to walk on his new leg were met with resistance. Great stuff. Worth the listen.

That is simply one beautiful and awesome story. I really hope it is 100% accurate!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frostymug.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-limited-edition-jersey-jack-pinball?tu=frostymug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.