Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 133 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Nighthawk128
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Dialed_In_Collectors_Edition (resized).png
f0d9b832d987ae9d5677fa2035517226198973f7 (resized).jpg
30b60f59e45be0871c36086f24285543ce4f07a0 (resized).jpg
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG
IMG_0232 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 10.24.40 AM (resized).png
IMG_5257 (resized).PNG
Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

One particularly touching story of a nurse at a hospital crying after a pin was donated to her hospital. She was brought to tears at the sight of her young prosthetic leg patient getting out of his wheelchair excitedly to play pinball ... this after all previous attempts to get the patient to walk on his new leg were met with resistance. Great stuff. Worth the listen.

That is simply one beautiful and awesome story. I really hope it is 100% accurate!

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You want to "see" a podcast? Only thing you might see is a little fellow sleeping under his TMNT sheets wearing jammies (I assume).

No Jammies - He hangs out with real superheros.

(pic edited by mod)

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No Jammies - He hangs out with real superheros.

I GOTTA assume that's sarcasm

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes Joe great interview. I don't think we are allowed to post a link.

Seriously? I'm new to this forum/website, so I don't know why Kaneda was banned, but that episode is very good and informative, so why wouldn't it be allowed to post a link?

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from OYV1983:

so why wouldn't it be allowed to post a link?

Pinside has a search feature. Use it. And check out some of the other forums he was banned from, video game and cars.

People tend to reap what they sow.

#310 2 years ago

Ya the podcast went well... I will be totally frank and honest - I did not know much about Kaneda, never spoke to him in person, didn't know his real name, never emailed him about anything prior to this podcast. I tend to avoid the threads with a lot of back and forth and negativity and of course he has been involved in a lot of those. I respect Pinside and it's members and don't like if anyone doesn't play nice and follow the rules. For that reason even though I did his podcast I didn't post a link or mention it here - to me that wasn't appropriate given the history - he has his listeners and they can listen.

He reached out with a very polite request. Wanted to talk to a distributor to see what it's like. He wanted to talk about DI. He wanted to talk about our charity stuff. All stuff that I'm always happy to discuss - what I love doing being a distributor, the games I sell and the companies I support in JJP / DI, and the personal stuff I do for the children's hospitals and the history behind it. Truth be told I did the PinballSTAR of the Month segment for years on Spooky's Podcast and nothing I had to share was new other than all the discussion about Dialed In.

I told him my only ground rules were I would not talk negative about any other company, game, person, etc... And I'm going to be honest - he was a total gentleman to me, was very inquisitive, asked REALLY good questions - a few that I hadn't thought about before and wasn't prepared to fully answer on the fly, and he was just all around a good interviewer with no agenda and we just talked pinball. It went very well and I got a lot of emails already from folks saying how much they enjoyed it. That said, I know he's not everyone's cup of tea and out of respect for those who either have an issue with him and out of my respect for Pinside and Robin I didn't or won't post a link here. You can go find it if you want to listen to it. It's not my place to promote it here given the history.

So, in the spirit of this whole thread - where the negative comments were accepted and appreciated by me in my for sale thread. I would ask the same respectful conversation continue. If you want to hear it - go listen, but this thread is about DI. : )

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

That is simply one beautiful and awesome story. I really hope it is 100% accurate!

: )

Now if anyone wants to experience some really good stuff that pinball can do - our next donation will be in conjunction with Project Pinball in NYC in December - stay tuned for announcement and invite for people in our community to come and assist with the donation ceremony. Play with the kids, explain pinball to them, talk to parents... You'll be glad you did.

30b60f59e45be0871c36086f24285543ce4f07a0 (resized).jpg

f0d9b832d987ae9d5677fa2035517226198973f7 (resized).jpg

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm all behind this game but this CE is just ridiculous with little substantiation for that huge price difference.

All Jack has to say is he's only making 50 of them and they would sell out quickly.

#313 2 years ago

your charity and open heart are an inspiration to the rest of us.

thank you for doing what you do Joe.

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

All Jack has to say is he's only making 50 of them and they would sell out quickly.

Hell limiting it to 100 would spur sales of the ce. Unlimited until December is crap.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Hell limiting it to 100 would spur sales of the ce. Unlimited until December is crap.

Funny how that is. Make it unlimited until December and they may struggle to sell a hundred machines. Put a fixed limit of a 100 and people will rush to not miss out on such a rare Lawlor machine.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I just don't like that I am unable to play it before deciding..heck it is only 20% complete who knows how it is going to turn out or even what the final name on it will be. Just not a fan of this business model of purchasing something blind so to speak. Same with the Batman66 situation which was even worse since you knew nothing about it...seems like poor business practice to me but that is just my opinion.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I just don't like that I am unable to play it before deciding..heck it is only 20% complete who knows how it is going to turn out or even what the final name on it will be. Just not a fan of this business model of purchasing something blind so to speak. Same with the Batman66 situation which was even worse since you knew nothing about it...seems like poor business practice to me but that is just my opinion.

Would love to play one out here ASAP for sure!

#318 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Just not a fan of this business model of purchasing something blind so to speak.

Which is fine, but I don't think it will significantly limit CE sales. There are a few certain themes I would pre-order without even seeing a playfield. Dialed In isn't one of them but I'm sure there are people like me if you replace "few certain themes" with "Pat Lawlor designed titles".

Everyone has their special thing. A huge part of selling anything is appealing to emotion - not appealing to logic.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Anyone looking to buy one of these from Joe.
I won a 250.00 gift certificate from him,I can't use. Stupid border
I will take 150.00 for it,you still save 100.00.
I did ask,he won't ship here.
I did use Jay Richardson for my Hobbit SE,and WozECLE.

Gift Certificate is spoken for.

2 weeks later
#320 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Wow - who pooped in your Cheerios... I will concur I met Jay at the JJP factory years ago and he was a super nice down to earth guy. Problem with your pitch is that we all respectfully DO NOT sell into countries where there are distributors. I have sold to Brazil, but nobody's there... I will NOT sell into Canada, UK, etc... where there are other fine distributors who know the process of shipping, customs, taxes and can better service, speak the language if there is a barrier (you Canadians say ehh a lot don't you ?), etc... So Jay probably can't or won't sell into US and we won't sell up there - the border is for countries not states. Case in point - I got an inquiry from the UK over the weekend and immediately carboned Phil from Pinball Heaven and referred the customer to him. Not sure what you're upset about, but I think Jay can carry himself just fine. I hear nothing but good things about him.

Cool! Their are distribution agreements then. Just making sure good distributors aren't left out. No harm intended.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside