Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Dialed In Limited Edition - Jersey Jack Pinball

Featured Ad

Added: 2016-10-13 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 6th, 2017) • Ended: March 12th, 2017
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 9,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Jersey Jack's newest game from legendary designer Pat Lawlor ! Authorized JJP distributor. We ship nationwide.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
_____@_______________ [email removed]
###-###-#### [phone number removed]

Item photos

Dialed_In_Collectors_Edition (resized).png
DialedInPF (resized).jpg
125 (resized).png
126 (resized).png
7 (resized).png
8 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
33 (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
IMG_2179 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PinballSTAR's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PinballSTAR's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dallas, PA, US

#3 7 years ago

I'll take six!

#4 7 years ago

This thread may go downhill.

#5 7 years ago

How many LEs will be made?

#6 7 years ago

Does price include shipping?

#7 7 years ago

I'm not sure of the difference between the two on the JJP website, is there a feature matrix? Hopefully it will only be bling and not gameplay differences.
I'm kind of disappointed since when talking with Jack at IAAPA last year he said there would be one version, that they are done with multiple versions.
Now this and a new Hobbit trim...

#8 7 years ago

I've been waiting my entire life for a cell phone themed game. Put me down for 3!

#9 7 years ago

Well i see this thread going off the rails....

#10 7 years ago

Hopefully people are respectful to Joe, the price isn't his fault

#11 7 years ago

I'm just going to sit back and watch the show.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

indeed Joe is good guy

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

or the game...

#14 7 years ago

joe is a great guy.

#15 7 years ago

Should keep the sarcasm to other threads.....Lord knows there are plenty enough of them!

#16 7 years ago

I'm in on this and think I'll be very happy. Glad I'm on the train early.

#17 7 years ago

Real question is when will they ship?!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Real question is when will they ship?!

2q 2017 is the scheduled code complete game release

#19 7 years ago

The game is fun and inventive. People playing it and seeing it in person here at Expo love it. I think like many games you need to reserve some opinions to stay open until you play it. I appreciate a lot of the commentary on pricing theme etc... Everything isn't for everyone. PinballSTAR sold more games in one day of Dialed In than we might regularly in 9 mos to a year. We placed a huge order with JJP yesterday for our initial allotment. I have confidence in JJP and Pat Lawlor that Dialed In is going to be a big hit. If this one isn't for you they'll be another and another and another with each I'm sure raising the bar. Last comment is everyone kinda hated WOZ and Hobbit when they were freshly revealed, and JJP has sold thousands of each. Time heals. Go play it over the next few months at launch parties and shows and enjoy learning more about it. For the collector in me not every game is for me but it's thrilling to have so many choices. We're all lucky these days whether you like a game or not. We could be all sitting around discussing and arguing about a 20 year game if not for all these new companies and games. Carry on : )
Joe

#20 7 years ago

So, what's everyone thinking now that more folks have played it and given thimbs up ?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

So, what's everyone thinking now that more folks have played it and given thimbs up ?

Since you asked, Price is too high.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry, I don't care how good the game is. 9k for a non-licensed theme based on cell phones, forget it.
JJP has never been an interesting pinball manufacturer for me... and this theme makes it worse.
Have them do a real theme of real interest at lower price and maybe I'll be interest.

Jack needs to get a clue when it comes to pricing... So does Stern; but at least their themes are popular / interesting.

#23 7 years ago

I think the game actually looks fun but the price puts me out. Tough to spend 9k on any pin no less the lower model that you don't get the top shelf stuff that's on the collector addition. Horrible pricing model they are pricing a lot of people out of the hobby.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Horrible pricing model

That's it Joe

There is NO pricing model

What are people buying? Some say its an LE, some say that was a joke. How many at this price?

And Jack hits the Hobbit guys at the same time with a new "LE" version of 750 Black arrows

Its seems like Jack doesn't know which way to go to extract max profits out of us

Do you or anybody else know?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

The game looks good but not THAT good. Its too much. I emailed Jack and said 6.5-7 for a standard and I am in.

#26 7 years ago

I guess we'll see where it goes on a standard model. I can tell you he mentioned considering it on the JJP forum I guess. He also sought feedback from distributors like myself on Friday on a number of topics - just like they did on Hobbit. I'm not saying anything is happening as I don't have a seat at that table. But I can tell you there is a genuine caring about trying to satisfy everyone. I appreciate the feedback good or bad. As I said in another thread PinballSTAR sold more games in 1 day than we typically do in 9-12 months. It's a hit. Those that are here and played it get it. It shoots and plays great, that's the biggest thing. Thank you all for being respectful with comments and feedback.

Now who wants one ! LOL : )

Joe

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I guess we'll see where it goes on a standard model. I can tell you he mentioned considering it on the JJP forum I guess. He also sought feedback from distributors like myself on Friday on a number of topics - just like they did on Hobbit. I'm not saying anything is happening as I don't have a seat at that table. But I can tell you there is a genuine caring about trying to satisfy everyone. I appreciate the feedback good or bad. As I said in another thread PinballSTAR sold more games in 1 day than we typically do in 9-12 months. It's a hit. Those that are here and played it get it. It shoots and plays great, that's the biggest thing. Thank you all for being respectful with comments and feedback.
Joe

I also herd that JJP does listen to feedback and i'm in on Dialed In I don't like the name of game but from what i hear is plays real good and ill get my chance to play it in Nov Thx Joe for all updates you posted on FB from expo.

#28 7 years ago

Cell phone themed. Terrible game name. Price out of this world. No way no how. I wouldn't buy it at 6k.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe

You are the man Joe, such a great, stand up guy. I was one of the biggest critics of WOZ and I recently bought one and love it!.....That being said, price point is a hurdle that cannot be scaled with time or a change in attitude toward a game. Simple put JJP is now creating games for a smaller pinball demographic. Many of the features on this game do not add much to the game play........Why not strip them away and offer a more reasonible price point. I won't comment on the theme, out of respect for you, but if I could say one thing to Jack it would be, "We want you to succeed, why are you making it so difficult for us to let you." JJP could have been the people's pinball company, but instead they have gone rogue with theme, pricing and pretty much everything else..........They make Stern look good and that is not easy. I wish you all the best!

#30 7 years ago

I'm not a fan of the theme or the art. But I feel that way about pretty much all of Pat's games. Looks like it shoots great and if it's fun people will get over the theme.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

guess we'll see where it goes on a standard model

The issue is the price Joe. Even if a standard is release it will probably be at the 7-7500 price range. At 7500 I was able to get a Hobbit LE/SE with all the (so called) bells and whistles! Now for the same amount of money I am going to get the "standard" model???? Not only would I be getting a standard but one that is standard size and not a wide-body!

Has there been a matrix put out yet as to exactly what ALL the differences are between the Limited and Collectors Editions? At 3500 price difference Not really seeing a deluge of difference!!

#32 7 years ago

"...sold more in 1 day...it's a hit". I take it you mean $250 down on each game not $9000. The people at shows are not a mirror of likely sales imo. Maybe the UK doesn't matter but if there are more than 5 games in the country by the end of next year I will be surprised.

#33 7 years ago

UK price is £9495 ( $11570 )

#34 7 years ago

I think would of been the GOLDEN TICKET FOR JJP.....

JJP_Wonka (resized).jpgJJP_Wonka (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

When will people start to realize it's not a cell phone theme? It's a city disaster theme. The cell phone is just a part of it.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looks like it shoots great

Got to play it a few times and I must say, it does shoot great. The right loop shot is a cool outcome and the ball lock is different. Great shots. It would be cool if jjp could strip all the guts out of it and use the playfield for an EM platform and sell it for a cheaper price?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The issue is the price Joe. Even if a standard is release it will probably be at the 7-7500 price range. At 7500 I was able to get a Hobbit LE/SE with all the (so called) bells and whistles! Now for the same amount of money I am going to get the "standard" model???? Not only would I be getting a standard but one that is standard size and not a wide-body!
Has there been a matrix put out yet as to exactly what ALL the differences are between the Limited and Collectors Editions? At 3500 price difference Not really seeing a deluge of difference!!

It's clearly not the price. It's already a big hit with big sales numbers. Why would jjp be interested in price reductions if they're selling as is. If anything they'll make the "quantum city" version and charge even more.
You just need to play one to understand and you'll pay your money.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Your positivity is great. Keep it up.

Positive - It looks great. I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing one. I applaud JJP for going with an original theme and full featured game.

Negative - Price and waiting. The price is too high, by quite a bit. If JJP follows in its own footsteps, the same game will be 9,500 then 10,500 in a few years. Today, 6,500-7,500 is competitive for a full feature game. As a buyer, that price causes me to consider a NIB. JJP has not shown they can deliver right after payment. Np money from me unless they are in a box ready to ship or I believe that they will be shipping within a month.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I think 9k has priced me out of ever buying a new pin.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Your positivity is great. Keep it up.
Positive - It looks great. I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing one. I applaud JJP for going with an original theme and full featured game.
Negative - Price and waiting. The price is too high, by quite a bit. If JJP follows in its own footsteps, the same game will be 9,500 then 10,500 in a few years. Today, 6,500-7,500 is competitive for a full feature game. As a buyer, that price causes me to consider a NIB. JJP has not shown they can deliver right after payment. Np money from me unless they are in a box ready to ship or I believe that they will be shipping within a month.

It's a different ballgame now. Hobbit started shipping in April and never stopped, short of a small delay for Smaug heads. Vendors are paid, parts already ordered for Dialed In. I'm confident in the timing. This isn't much of a preorder as we define them in the past with 'pay us'. $250 refundable. Zero risk or stress. Nobody's applauding that, but it's a big step. Again guys, just go play it, enjoy it at shows, launch parties and you might understand what those at Expo saying they love it are talking about. It's a good PLAYING game. Maybe some of the other stuff might find a way to work out in everyone's favor.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It's clearly not the price. It's already a big hit with big sales numbers. Why would jjp be interested in price reductions if they're selling as is. If anything they'll make the "quantum city" version and charge even more.
You just need to play one to understand and you'll pay your money.

If you know the sales numbers tell me how many UK sales.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

When will people start to realize it's not a cell phone theme? It's a city disaster theme. The cell phone is just a part of it.

I was using the name of the game to decipher the theme. That and the ringing cell phone. Granted, the cell phone ringing can be fixed quickly in code, but overall the central theme feels like the phone to me. A rose by any other name... Doesn't apply to pinballs.

And this will be my second to last price grumble. I reserve the right to make one more before I stop. It is priced too high. It might be fantastic, but the price is so high that it is in a much smaller market space. I hope that works out for JJP (and Stern), but it turns me off like a cell phone with a dead battery.

#43 7 years ago

I have a pre-order in with Joe. I placed it before the reveal. Once I saw the theme and price my immediate reaction was to cancel. After watching some videos and hearing reaction to gameplay I'm staying in for now. I think the game concept is great but the name and art are lacking. I hope they consider renaming it. Also price is too high. I paid 8k for MMr but that's pretty close to my max. I will be following what happens with great interest.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It's a different ballgame now. Hobbit started shipping in April and never stopped, short of a small delay for Smaug heads. Vendors are paid, parts already ordered for Dialed In. I'm confident in the timing. This isn't much of a preorder as we define them in the past with 'pay us'. $250 refundable. Zero risk or stress. Nobody's applauding that, but it's a big step. Again guys, just go play it, enjoy it at shows, launch parties and you might understand what those at Expo saying they love it are talking about. It's a good PLAYING game. Maybe some of the other stuff might find a way to work out in everyone's favor.

I agree it looks like a good playing game. That is not enough at $9k. It has to tick all boxes. It doesn't so in my opinion very few people are going to travel far to try it anyway. JJP's first two games are very good and match the asking price. As things stand it's clear the vast majority of pinball fans think this is a fail. Look at the poll thread.

#45 7 years ago

I am in for the CE...Got my favorite number assigned to the game........Hope Jack makes it worth the extra cost.

Thanks Joe

#46 7 years ago

Everyone keeps talking about it costing $9k, but it's actually more than that since that price does not include shipping.

#47 7 years ago

Will one be at HAAG in Houston in a few weeks?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Everyone keeps talking about it costing $9k, but it's actually more than that since that price does not include shipping.

10K before Christmas?

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I really enjoyed it a lot. I admit I don't understand the choice of the title, but unlike many on the forum I just don't care. If Dialed In made sense to Pat and Jack, so be it. I really and truly had planned on ordering one, but the price killed that for me. $6300 is the most I've spent on a game so far, and each time I tell myself no more. But when Stern raised their prices in increments of a couple hundred dollars at a time it was much easier to justify (after a certain amount of complaining, of course). I'd expected to have to go higher for a Jjp title, and given the superior build quality, attention to software, and Pat Lawlor involvement I was OK with that. But $9000 just blew me out of the running. I am probably the ideal profile for a home buyer too: single, good salary, no debt, no kids to pay college etc. but that is just too much even for me.

I loved the game and even the theme (disaster, not cell phones, for those who haven't played it). I can appreciate the inclusion of selfies, waving to rub the ticket, etc. for location play, but for a home environment I really don't need those features. And I am not interested in the blue tooth connectivity with cell phones either. Neat "gee whiz" feature, but not something I would ever use. It's too bad there isn't a home model that doesn't have these features that costs less (assuming that would bring the cost down to something more in line with reality, which is doubtful).

So to summarize, loved the game, want one, but can't swallow the price tag.

#50 7 years ago

For me, this dialed in call has failed !

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-limited-edition-jersey-jack-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.