Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 51.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You've gotta be kidding me. Never made it to super hero before. Had it qualified with 2 balls to go. Then I Drain and Drain. Nooooooo!!!!!! How is that possible. Crush the game for 30 minutes on the first two balls! Then just fall on my face!

I've made it there twice, both times on my last or 2nd to last ball and failed both times, I blame it on adrenaline. On a positive note - great first two balls!

#552 7 years ago

LED OCD users, Spidey is my first game with it. I've got mainly COMET 1 SMD 5050 bulbs in all the inserts, and found that a 25 to 85 brightness ramp seemed to cover the spectrum from no-flicker to max brightness. My issue is that modes with flashing inserts (such as Rescue MJ), the inserts aren't exactly slowly flashing as I recall the incandescents doing, but more like a fast strobe. Is this the "delay" setting, and if so, what's a good number for these?

#553 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

LED OCD users, Spidey is my first game with it. I've got mainly COMET 1 SMD 5050 bulbs in all the inserts, and found that a 25 to 85 brightness ramp seemed to cover the spectrum from no-flicker to max brightness. My issue is that modes with flashing inserts (such as Rescue MJ), the inserts aren't exactly slowly flashing as I recall the incandescents doing, but more like a fast strobe. Is this the "delay" setting, and if so, what's a good number for these?

Get the SM settings from the LEDOCD site. Herg personally came and set them for my game where I am very happy with it.

Edit, I am not sure if the settings are available on the site.

#554 7 years ago

The configuration software archive on my website has a settings file included. It is based on what I did for DCFAN and makes those lights more "blinky". You could try playing with the delay setting, which controls how long the board waits between each step in brightness, but what I did was a bit different. It changes the ramp shape to be more steep in the middle range. This means it will go through a bigger swing for quick brightness changes (blinking), but still take the same amount of time to go through the full range.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The configuration software archive on my website has a settings file included. It is based on what I did for DCFAN and makes those lights more "blinky". You could try playing with the delay setting, which controls how long the board waits between each step in brightness, but what I did was a bit different. It changes the ramp shape to be more steep in the middle range. This means it will go through a bigger swing for quick brightness changes (blinking), but still take the same amount of time to go through the full range.

Is that the text on this page:
http://ledocd.com/usage_led.html

Or is there a downloadable file somewhere that I've missed?

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

http://www.ledocd.com/install_software.html

#557 7 years ago

Id love to see a video of how the inserts act on a SM so i can see the difference that SMVE has. I figure that SMVE code was modied to "assume" that the game has leds.

#558 7 years ago

There is a file inside the archive on the page DCFAN linked to.

#559 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There is a file inside the archive on the page DCFAN linked to.

Ah, yes - easy when you know where to look.

There's also an Iron Man 'more blinky' file in there, which i'll try out too. Presumably this is for the original and VE?

#560 7 years ago

There's also an Iron Man 'more blinky' file in there, which i'll try out too. Presumably this is for the original and VE?

Yeah, anything applicable to original games is also applicable to the VE, at least from the lighting standpoint.

#561 7 years ago

Maybe this has been asked before but I have not seen it posted.
While going through my menu options I came across a setting for Insult Level.
It was not set to high so I changed it.
Does this even do anything on this game like it does on AC/DC?
So far I have not heard anything new.

#562 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I don't know of any cuss words or anything like that, but there are some insults about playing better. It is PG at worst but I doubt you will hear anything that is not in some G-rated movies these days.

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I've always had mine set to high so I can't really comment on what difference it makes but I love the insults in this game! "Horrible pinball player terrorizes arcade!" and "You call that a multiball?" are two of my favorites. Apparently there's at least one more in the ROM that never gets called out at all.

#564 7 years ago

I complete the Spider-Sense lane mod last night. Check out this thread if you're interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spider-man-spider-sense-lane-exit-to-shooter-lane#post-3566184

#565 7 years ago

Just picked up my 3rd one last night. This one will be a keeper. Any idea what a Matt McKee topper is worth these days? Contemplating selling it at this point. May also let the Back Alley building and train go as well.

Scott

IMG_3059 (resized).JPGIMG_3059 (resized).JPG

IMG_3060 (resized).JPGIMG_3060 (resized).JPG

#566 7 years ago

Anyone know why there is always a line of paint under Stern pins?

1 week later
#567 7 years ago

Does Spiderman have just the one skill shot ? I am sure I read that it has a super skill shot that you select by holding down the left flipper when you plunge the ball. Or did I just imagine it because mine doesn't do it ?

#568 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Does Spiderman have just the one skill shot ? I am sure I read that it has a super skill shot that you select by holding down the left flipper when you plunge the ball. Or did I just imagine it because mine doesn't do it ?

It's top rollover lanes (skill shot), or soft plunge back to the upper flipper and hit the venom ramp (super).

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's top rollover lanes (skill shot), or soft plunge back to the upper flipper and hit the venom ramp (super).

Brilliant, thank you. What does the super skill shot give you ?

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Bacon.

#571 7 years ago

Excellent. What do I have to do to get eggs and fried tomatoes too ?

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

"Satisfaction oozes from her pores"

#573 7 years ago

I joined this club because I heard we get a coupon for a free baconator

I have yet to receive mine. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail.

#574 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Excellent. What do I have to do to get eggs and fried tomatoes too ?

.....Do the super skillshot on ball 3

#575 7 years ago

IMG_1273.PNGIMG_1273.PNG

#576 7 years ago

Bacon is life

#577 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

On balls 1 and 2 it gives you more points and increases the Venom value. On ball three it also gives you triple bonus (top rollovers give double bonus).

2 weeks later
#578 7 years ago

Could anyone tell me where to buy Sandman decal that covers the black plastic on the tripple target bank?

#579 7 years ago

What do you guys set Mode Start (white arrows) at default is medium 4 out of six.

I was thinking about setting to all arrows lit to start.

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you guys set Mode Start (white arrows) at default is medium 4 out of six.
I was thinking about setting to all arrows lit to start.

I'm sure mine is set to default. Seems about the right setting.

#581 7 years ago

On IPBD there are pictures of prototype SM.

Are there any difference between prototypes and regular? Does anyone know or care?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=spider+man+&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5237

#582 7 years ago

Seems pretty much the same but without artwork on many of the plastics. Perhaps the artwork hadnt been approved yet?

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Could anyone tell me where to buy Sandman decal that covers the black plastic on the tripple target bank?

@Custom_Pinball makes them I believe but you can also buy it here: https://mezelmods.com/collections/spiderman-pinball-mods/products/sandman-bank-target-decal

1 week later
#584 7 years ago

Thanks

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

pinballdecals.com has them. I just recently ordered one a couple weeks ago.

#586 7 years ago

joined the club today, barely fit in my 2016 Honda Pilot, but it did. Picked the game up from a fellow local pinsider. it's in great shape, HUO. Have a lot of mods planned for it, including an undercabinet light kit that will go in today I think. It came with an uninstalled LED OCD board so I put that in.

Two things I don't like about the game is the crappy orange DMD, it just doesn't fit the theme, should have been red, but I guess that wasn't available back in 2008. This may be my first game that I put a color dmd in.

The other thing is the sound. The speakers are very tinny and sound like crap. I put an external sub on it, but it needs more so I may upgrade the speakers. anyone do that on their game with good results?

Ordered a shaker and mirror blades and will do some lighting mods.

20170311_105940 (resized).jpg20170311_105940 (resized).jpg

20170311_124229 (resized).jpg20170311_124229 (resized).jpg

20170312_081238 (resized).jpg20170312_081238 (resized).jpg

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

joined the club today, barely fit in my 2016 Honda Pilot, but it did. Picked the game up from a fellow local pinsider. it's in great shape, HUO. Have a lot of mods planned for it, including an undercabinet light kit that will go in today I think. It came with an uninstalled LED OCD board so I put that in.
Two things I don't like about the game is the crappy orange DMD, it just doesn't fit the theme, should have been red, but I guess that wasn't available back in 2008. This may be my first game that I put a color dmd in.
The other thing is the sound. The speakers are very tinny and sound like crap. I put an external sub on it, but it needs more so I may upgrade the speakers. anyone do that on their game with good results?
Ordered a shaker and mirror blades and will do some lighting mods.

Congrats. The ColorDMD is a no-brainer IMHO - there's no better mod for this game. I also installed a shaker and don't think the game benefits much from it - I'd spend the money elsewhere.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You can make the DMD red with a $16 mod. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_45&products_id=451

For another $383 the ColorDMD is a great option as it actually makes it possible to see what the video clips are.

To me external sub and LED OCD are mandatory for this game. The external sub helps dampen the tinny sound, but honestly I don't know where to go from there... the bitrate on SAM boards is not great, so you may not even get much gain from audiophile quality speaker replacements, but I've never tried.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Congrats. The ColorDMD is a no-brainer IMHO - there's no better mod for this game. I also installed a shaker and don't think the game benefits much from it - I'd spend the money elsewhere.

hmmm, i've heard good things about the shaker. I ordered one from Pinball Life so we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't do much, having an extra shaker on hand isn't a bad thing.

On the DMD, while I don't like the orange color, the dots are really terrible too, similar to Ironman so I think this may be my first color DMD. $400 shipped is a tough one to swallow for a DMD, but i may just do it as I love the game. I'm going to get all my modding done and then think about it. Here's a video of my game in action with a few mods I did, including red trough light, a red backboard flasher tied to the pops and a sweet under-cabinet light. Not charging too much for it and hope people will put it in their games as the effects are really nice.

#590 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

. If it doesn't do much, having an extra shaker on hand isn't a bad thing.

Shaker is great on Spiderman!

#591 7 years ago

I really didn't think this mod would make much of a difference, but I highly recommend it for this pin. I have my speaker lights set to change from red to blue to green. It really looks great with the ColorDMD.

IMG_3586 (resized).JPGIMG_3586 (resized).JPG

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Are you effing serious??!!! SM has absolutely fantastic shaker effects. One of the best for a shaker. I couldn't play one without the shaker.

ColorDMD is great too.

#593 7 years ago

Had a shaker on my prior SM didn't like it, moved it over to IM (fantastic).

I didn't really like the shaker effect on Sandman and maybe it was just shaking too often.

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Had a shaker on my prior SM didn't like it, moved it over to IM (fantastic).
I didn't really like the shaker effect on Sandman and maybe it was just shaking too often.

Wow...different strokes. IM shaker is fantastic too.

#595 7 years ago

Anyone use an led color dmd in their game? Like the LCD, but wonder how led looks. Might be too bright for this game.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone use an led color dmd in their game? Like the LCD, but wonder how led looks. Might be too bright for this game.

I haven't tried an LED but it did some faffing around with the settings until I got it so that the video clips were clear. It involved trying out multiple modes with different contrast/brightness settings.
The LED may have the contrast/brightness options but not the dots modes.

#597 7 years ago

Got the shaker installed tonight, works great, very active. For those saying it doesn't do much, I wonder if you don't have it set right. mine shakes with every hit to Sandman and up the left ramp when the ball hits the standoff target, plus several other times that I could decipher. Install is very easy.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got the shaker installed tonight, works great, very active. For those saying it doesn't do much, I wonder if you don't have it set right. mine shakes with every hit to Sandman and up the left ramp when the ball hits the standoff target, plus several other times that I could decipher. Install is very easy.

I was not saying it doesn't do much, I was saying it does too much. Shaking all the damn time is not special. Less is more.

Anyway, to me shakers are plus minus. I can live with them or without.

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I posted multiple videos comparing the LED to the various LCD modes in one of the ColorDMD threads but I don't remember which one, here's a link to the LED one:

Long story short, I really like it for this title though I already had an LCD in mine so it's still there.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I posted multiple videos comparing the LED to the various LCD modes in one of the ColorDMD threads but I don't remember which one, here's a link to the LED one: » YouTube video
Long story short, I really like it for this title though I already had an LCD in mine so it's still there.

That looks very nice.

Have all LCDs on my pins but may pick up this for SM and switch my LCD over to ST

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,516 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 51.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.