Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 53 votes
    21%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 128 votes
    52%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 66 votes
    27%

(Multiple choice - 247 votes by 228 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CD7240FA-1FDF-4254-BA82-E95D6C14F024 (resized).jpeg
20240213_004735 (resized).jpg
20240203_173658 (resized).jpg
SPIDEY VE CARDS (resized).jpg
4B8A3452-D70A-4439-9E59-423D20D4F63C (resized).jpeg
IMG_7235 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2071 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2094 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2095 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2092 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2085 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2091 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#369 7 years ago

FINALLY !
I joined the club tonight after looking for one for a long time.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#441 7 years ago

Anybody got any Spider-Man plastics for sale ? Could do with two or three.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is tough to find individual plastics unless you want some that are not often broken. The JK Simmons Daily Bugle area plastic, Sandman plastic, Spider-man vs. Sandman plastic (left of the pop bumpers) seem to be the main ones that get broken.
The Sandman plastic is typically available as an individual plastic.

Yes you are correct. I think it is one of the biggest problems with licensed games. I wonder if Stern cannot make replace parts once the licence has expired ?

I could do with the plastic immediately above the top right flipper. The one behind Doc Ock and the clear plastics on the Sandman and Dock Ock VUKs.
Surely somebody could make the clear plastics as there is no image rights to think of ?

#448 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend getting a new set of plastics while they are still available and the Pinbits.com protectors.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3571

Crippling price when shipped and import tax added here in the UK.

3 months later
#478 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I never quite understood why Stern left the speaker panel boring black. I decided to make my own for Batman and Spiderman. I'm installing tomorrow. Very excited!

Nice. Is it a decal ?

1 month later
#525 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't know if this is the cheapest but here is a starting point:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-02
I recommend asking your distributor to contact Stern for a price.

Sound advice in getting your distributor to contact Stern. Would definitely be my first choice in this instance.

1 week later
#533 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I will be making one for mine. I'll post pics and a thread when I do it. I've had the parts for a while. Just haven't had the ambition or the time.

What is it exactly ?

#538 7 years ago

Ahh. Is that what that seemingly do nothing adjustment is ? Can't remember what it's exact wording is but it is something to do with the Spidey Sense.

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Anyone selling an excellent or home use Spiderman in Michigan Ohio Indiana or even Chicago looking to get one for my wife our anniversary next month saw pinball refinery had one but little too pricey for me.
was going to get a Batman Dark Knight but head SM much more fun

I have both, get Spiderman. BTDK is a good game but Spiderman is one of Stern's best ever.

2 weeks later
#567 7 years ago

Does Spiderman have just the one skill shot ? I am sure I read that it has a super skill shot that you select by holding down the left flipper when you plunge the ball. Or did I just imagine it because mine doesn't do it ?

#569 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's top rollover lanes (skill shot), or soft plunge back to the upper flipper and hit the venom ramp (super).

Brilliant, thank you. What does the super skill shot give you ?

#571 7 years ago

Excellent. What do I have to do to get eggs and fried tomatoes too ?

#575 7 years ago

IMG_1273.PNGIMG_1273.PNG

2 weeks later
#580 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What do you guys set Mode Start (white arrows) at default is medium 4 out of six.
I was thinking about setting to all arrows lit to start.

I'm sure mine is set to default. Seems about the right setting.

2 weeks later
#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone use an led color dmd in their game? Like the LCD, but wonder how led looks. Might be too bright for this game.

I haven't tried an LED but it did some faffing around with the settings until I got it so that the video clips were clear. It involved trying out multiple modes with different contrast/brightness settings.
The LED may have the contrast/brightness options but not the dots modes.

1 month later
#644 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Huge kudos to Fliptastic for getting me my one and only missing game plastic.
Could not be happier finally having my game complete.

Nice. I need a couple of plastics for my Spiderman but I'm not shelling out for a full set. It's easier to get plastics for 30 year old games than it is for modern Sterns.

1 month later
#657 6 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Finally made it to Super Hero today! Didn't complete it but what a rush.

I've got there twice. Made a complete arse of it the first time and then almost completed it th second time. One day I will do it.

3 weeks later
#670 6 years ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

Can you beat super hero....?
Feels like it just goes on and on forever, no matter how many times i take out each villan

One of the Super Hero modes it is possible to cancel out your shot if you make the same shot again. I can't remember the exact details but let's say you have too shoot each major shot once to progress to the next stage. If you shoot the left ramp twice then that cancels it out and you have to shoot it again. This may not be 100% accurate but it isn't something along those lines. I know because I was stuck on it for ages until I eventually drained. I then watched Bowen's Tutorial video and thought 'Ahhh, so that's where I was going wrong. '

1 week later
#673 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Finally got the cinema room finished after a complete house rebuild and so Spider-Man is finally installed in the cinema room where it belongs

Looks great. I really am going to have to LED mine. Need an LED OCD board first though.

#679 6 years ago

If anybody has put a NOS plastic set in their game and has some spares from the original set I would be interested in buying them.
I need the plastic that goes behind Doc Ock. The one with the American flag (near the upper flipper) and the Jameson plastic (over the Lock target).

2 weeks later
#685 6 years ago

You can GENTLY bend a spinner so it sits correctly. Support the bracket in one hand and then adjust the spinner by pushing it firmly one way or the other with the other hand.

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

OK, thanks, guess I just need to get better at nudging it away from the outlane then!

It doesn't seem to be catching on anything - I can spin it fine by hand. I've had a go at bending the wire which comes out of it and nothing I do seems to cause it to change the angle it sits at. The issue appears to be that the centre of gravity of it means it doesn't hang straight down and I can't quite figure out which way bending it would affect that.
Bending the metal bracket which goes over the lane won't do it, as the spinner sits freely in the holes in that metal frame. I'm guessing I need to remove the spinner from that bracket and then bend the small wires which come out of the spinner and they seem like they're ready to snap off at any moment (I guess that's why you said gently) - am I trying to move the spinner up/down or back/forwards, or is it just trial and error and hope it doesn't break off?

It is very subtle movement. Definitely don't bend the bracket. I have done all my spinnersand have even managed to get the spinner on my LOTR to lean backwards a little bit which makes the ring shot a lot more consistent.

When holding the bracket push the centre of the spinner either towards the flippers or away from them.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just joined the club and loving this game! Even better than me loving it is my whole family does too.
Random question-
Is there a fix for hearing weird feedback from the right speaker when I hold the right flipper button?

Are you sure it isn't flipper buzz ?

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Maybe that's what it is. Never had flipper buzz on any of my game before.
Is there a cure for flipper buzz?

The first step for me when tackling Stern flipper buzz is a rebuild. New pawl plunger/pawl, coil stop and coil sleeve. Flipper bushes too usually.

1 week later
#702 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Thanks, Doc Oc didn't fail once this evening (but I was awful, so hardly hit it - for some reason even backhand was way off as I kept hitting the upper flipper!), but I spoke too soon on the spinner, definitely needs moving again, so I'll be trying that tomorrow.
The buzz isn't doing any harm though whilst I'm holding the flipper in the up position? I've seen a few (old) posts where fuses blowing was mentioned
Still can't figure if I get to switch #22 from above or below - I can see it on the drawing but can't find a switch there

Remove the apron (the metal piece that has the instruction and pricing cards inserted in it). Then you will be abe to see the trough switches. A clean of the optos and reseat of the connectors (with the power OFF) will usually sort it.

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Thanks, service alert on Switch #22 is now gone!
Doc Oc eject seems fine when the machine starts up, but if its been on for an hour or so and I've played for a while (say 30min playtime) then it seems to start failing. The ball makes it to the top of the slinger, and then falls down onto the playfield. I can't find that it is misaligned and running my finger around it I can't find any obstructions.
Should the machine keep the correct date/time when it is turned off? Probably a really dumb question, but if it is off for a couple of days, the clock seems to stay where it was (eg yesterday when I turned it on it had 1st August as the date as I last played on Tuesday). Not sure if it has an RTC, suggesting the battery is dead, or whether that's normal?
Sorry for so many questions!

Yes there is a battery on the cpu board. It is easily changed. It is a CR2430 battery. Now you can change it with the power on but be very careful not to drop it or short out anything on the board while doing the swap. If you do it with the power off you will effectively factory reset the game losing all high scores and settings.
Now regarding your Doc Ock VUK (vertical up kicker) I would suggest that the VUK mech might need cleaning. The coil sleeve and plunger are probably dirty.
DO IT WITH THE POWER OFF !
Take the balls out of the game and lift the playfield, you should see the mechanism to the right. Take plenty of photos so you know how to reassemble it.
DON'T overtighten the screws when you screw it back in place.

6 months later
#789 6 years ago

Had a humdinger of a game a couple of weeks ago. Finally completed Super Hero.

7A2FFF6F-37A5-4C46-A4F3-5896ACB4325A.jpeg7A2FFF6F-37A5-4C46-A4F3-5896ACB4325A.jpeg

B1FE3025-AED4-4AE6-9859-699E4D89A5F9.jpegB1FE3025-AED4-4AE6-9859-699E4D89A5F9.jpeg

2 months later
#857 5 years ago

An LEDOCD board in SM also makes the Green Goblin inserts scroll correctly. They are a horrible blinky mess without it.

10 months later
#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Had a really enjoyable game, lots of lanes simultaneously lit for multipliers, but SuperHero still eludes me...[quoted image]

Play better Paul.

10 months later
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For me there was a HUGE gap between hitting BR regularly and finally getting to Superhero. It took owning it two different times for about 4 years total before I finally did it, and that was just a couple months ago. I've now gotten there two more times since. At first it was usually the spider modes stopping me, so I changed my strategy to basically concentrate solely on starting them, using the multiballs whenever possible to help finish them. I find that for the most part, the villains complete themselves while playing this way (which is a little unfortunate really...). The biggest exception is Venom 3 (and sometimes Goblin 3 with its fast strobing shots). Venom 3 not only requires side ramp hits, but it also keeps the orbit gate open most of the time, so you can't get the nice feed out of the pops like usual (other than a black suit locked ball, which by then is going to require a lot of light lock hits). So it's mostly orbit-ramp combos or nothing when in single ball play. I find the best way to fight that is if you can get into a multiball, just keep hitting upper flipper shots and letting the balls drain then relaunch as long as the ball save holds out. In my three times there, I have yet to finish SH, but it's a cool mode. No idea how many shots it takes, but it seems like a million.
Have you gotten Combo Multiball yet? That's a lesser known mode that would be a good new goal for you if it's getting stale. 50 combos and it will start. Not an easy task. I've done it twice (oddly once on each machine I have owned).
I've toyed with the idea of letting mine go after finally hitting SH a couple times. I'm not a huge fan of the ruleset...I find it solid but nothing super exciting. I do not love hitting a bunch of shots to start modes, or how the villains for the most part finish themselves. I also do not love BR...not sure why. I can rarely pull off more than a couple jackpots and just do not find it as satisfying as most mini-wizard modes. But that said, I LOVE how the game shoots, and the rules do compliment the playfield well. Plus the theme, art, and A/V assets (in both forms) are fantastic, making it a total package game for me. I can play it many other places in my league and local circle, but I just do not think I would want to have it missing from my collection again. It's still one of my top games, after all these years and seeing everything it has to offer.

Have you completed Superhero or just started it ? It is very difficult to finish. I have got to Superhero a few times but only ever completed it once.

1 month later
#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Can someone explain to me all the points multiplier options ....? thanks

When you complete all the white arrows the arrows will start flashing. The next shot that you make the white arrow insert will light (at half brightness). That shot is now worth x2 for the rest of the ball.
If you complete all the shots on one of the modes (for example all the switch hits to finish Bonesaw) the white arrow shots will flash again. The next white arrow shot you make will then light that arrow (full brightness). That shot is now worth x3 for the remainder of the ball.
The three best ones to shoot for are right ramp (for Battle Royale) the spinner and the Doc Ock shot.

2 months later
#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

As far as I know most of the Stern games have the flipper alignment hole positioned at the tip of the flipper. The holes in my SM are way off from the tip. Why is it like this in SM? Is everyone else’s like that? What good are the alignment holes if they are way off like that? Currently my flippers are in line with the ball guides. Just curious.
[quoted image]

I always align my flippers with the ball guides.

#1724 3 years ago
Quoted from insx:

Is anyone selling the plastic sides for the VUK arch?

Pinbits.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_45

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My Spidey spinner constantly finishes spinning in the horizontal position so that the ball then just rolls under it without a single spin. I adjust it and first hit it finishes in the same position. Any tips to make it finish its spin facing vertically?
[quoted image]

I’ve just posted about this in the AC-DC thread.

You can gently bend the spinner rods that go through the holes. You may need to support the spinner bracket with one hand (depending on how much it flexes). Firmly grab the spinner blade and push it upwards (firmly but gently). It will alter how the spinner sits. You may need to push the spinner in different directions to get the angle you want. Try it, you will soon see what I am talking about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Delta, BC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.50
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-spidey-members-and-guests-welcome?tu=stoptap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.