Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 40 votes
    23%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 95 votes
    55%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 39 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 174 votes by 159 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 340 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MVIMG_20190405_213751 (resized).jpg
D869B072-8FFD-4AAC-B2C7-C37AB704D0AA (resized).jpeg
5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpg
20190321_092002 (resized).jpg
20190321_092025 (resized).jpg
20190321_092009 (resized).jpg
BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg
41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg
12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg
6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg
AB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpeg
SM (resized).jpg
11059E7D-B1B8-4272-B833-4AA4466472C3 (resized).jpeg
IMGP0557 (resized).JPG

There are 1272 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Exactly the same. One disappointment I have is that I really thought they might up the instant info. But no.

Maybe i got spoiled by Met having awesome instant info and background images for all the different high scores for ciu modes and combo champ etc.

#452 2 years ago

Price drop on the Back Alley buildings and Subway. $200 shipped.

#453 2 years ago

Back Alley mods are sold.

#454 2 years ago

I picked mine up about a week and a half ago. Loving it so far. It's HUO and only had the Back Alley mods. I sold the buildings and Subway, add Cointaker premium LEDs, red under cab lighting, custom integrated lighting on the back of the backbox, target bank decal, additional spotlights mounted on the slings, and additional green LED flashers for Green Goblin. I have the 5 piece colored web plastics ordered, and I'm going to add some LEDs to the Doc Ock and Green Goblin figures. Also need to order the speaker LEDs and acrylics. This pic was taken a few days ago before some of the mods were done.

0723161648_(resized).jpg

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Also need to order the speaker LEDs and acrylics

Doug at Speaker Light Kits has what you need...here's the site http://www.speakerlightkits.com/
The ColorDMD for this is also out thereit brings out the movie clips in the DMD screen so you have some idea what you are seeing.

Congrats on a cool game mine isn't going anywhere! (till Oct. anyway!!)

Phoebe

2 weeks later
#456 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

No but where did you get it from. Looks great!

From eBay UK for about £25! I quite like the nerdyness of it & just asked a friend to frame it properly for me, then hopefully I'll shove it up on the appropriate wall somewhere near Spiderman.

Also got this for Star Trek from a guy local to me:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/175988026/enterprise-down-a-star-trek-inspired?ref=related-7

And this (but in the foil version) for 'generic game':
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/268266099/solenoids-asteroids-limited-edition?ref=related-4

#457 2 years ago

Speaker LEDs and red spider acrylics installed. What color are you guys setting the LEDs to? So far I like an orangish yellow color that matches the sandman on the transliteration. Red washes the acrylics out and you can't even see them.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Speaker LEDs and red spider acrylics installed. What color are you guys setting the LEDs to? So far I like an orangish yellow color that matches the sandman on the transliteration. Red washes the acrylics out and you can't even see them.

I set mine to blue, and have ColorDMD.

#459 2 years ago

Mine are set to rotate between the villain colors of yellow, red, green and then blue

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Where is the go to place for the acrylics and LEDs?

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where is the go to place for the acrylics and LEDs?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#462 2 years ago

Where do the speaker lights plug in to? Do they turn on/off when you turn the game on/off? Or do you have to control them separately?

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Where do the speaker lights plug in to? Do they turn on/off when you turn the game on/off? Or do you have to control them separately?

Yes, they turn on with the power switch. They connect up at the service box:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Stern_Light_Kits.pdf

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yes, they turn on with the power switch. They connect up at the service box:

Cool! Thanks man. I want to get these. I've always liked them. I have OCD though and I would have to do all my games....would add up real quick. Maybe later this winter. I've pissed the wife off enough lately with new guns for the upcoming hunting season.

#465 2 years ago

SM is tops on my list and I like both the original and VE. On gameplay - does one tend to play a little tougher than the other? I have not played it a ton, but the VE seems to play a little more difficult. I could be wrong.

Wanted to get your opinions. You guys own a great game!

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

On gameplay - does one tend to play a little tougher than the other?

Owned original and currently own VE. Identical gameplay. I would suggest any observed differences may be down to setup/levelling etc. Doc Ock on VE has less rejects but still has some. Venom shot is just as f&$(!@#ing hard on both of them.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Owned original and currently own VE. Identical gameplay. I would suggest any observed differences may be down to setup/levelling etc. Doc Ock on VE has less rejects but still has some. Venom shot is just as f&$(!@#ing hard on both of them.

Ok. Yes I was counting some plays on the VE at Texas and ATl pinfests. Love pounding that Venom shot. You get a chance to say "Got it!" instead of having to flip again with say the wrap shot on my old ST and HS2, unless it is for a lock. Very satisfying.

1 month later
#468 2 years ago

I can't believe nobody has made a speaker panel decal. There are very expensive replacement speaker panels, there is a decal for the vault edition ( which does not fit) but no decal fancy decal for the square speaker panel.

1 week later
#469 2 years ago

I was hoping that Stern would start adding toppers and accessories for SMVE and some of their other titles released recently that don't have them already. IMVE and ST would be cool.

#470 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get a plastic set? I really only need a couple pieces, but willing to buy the whole set. Doesn't see, like anyone has stock on anything.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from scollins918:

Anyone know where to get a plastic set? I really only need a couple pieces, but willing to buy the whole set. Doesn't see, like anyone has stock on anything.

Talk to Terry at Pinball Life. I special-ordered SMVE plastics and decals. Not sure which flavor you need but the part numbers are listed in the manual.

#472 2 years ago

Cool, thanks for the heads up I'll give him a call

#473 2 years ago

Anyone change sounds on SM with pinball browser ? Would love to add some movie soundtrack to the game.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone change sounds on SM with pinball browser ? Would love to add some movie soundtrack to the game.

I've done lots of call out mods and modified the closing music to include the original animated theme fade in and out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spider-man-ve-smve-call-out-modification#post-3141003
Not hard but a bit time consuming reloading the binary

#475 2 years ago

thx!....Id be happy just adding some music from soundtrack.

4 weeks later
#476 2 years ago

I double posted this in another thread too but I am trying to get an answer somewhat quickly, so I apologize in advance!

----

Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a VE..

I have been in contact with Cliffy about getting protectors for it, but he seems to think some of his stuff won't work.

It seems obvious that the Doc Ock magnet is WAY bigger, so of course that protector won't work.

Specifically, looking at the flyer, he thinks they changed the shape of the Doc Ock kickout. He also thinks there are already ramp protectors on the game and his are not needed. But I looked at the flyer and I can't see the front of the DO kickout, and it looks to me like the inside of the ramps next to the 3 bank targets don't have protectors on them.

Can anyone confirm Cliffy's suspicions?

Thanks!
Michael

#477 2 years ago

I never quite understood why Stern left the speaker panel boring black. I decided to make my own for Batman and Spiderman. I'm installing tomorrow. Very excited!

20161117_144511 (resized).jpg

20161117_144517 (resized).jpg

20161117_144455 (resized).jpg

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I never quite understood why Stern left the speaker panel boring black. I decided to make my own for Batman and Spiderman. I'm installing tomorrow. Very excited!

Nice. Is it a decal ?

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Like that Spiddy version? I was planning to buy the VE decal but that was difficult to get. Otherwise I was planning to make something myself. Tron and POTC is also on that list, although Tron is already nicely doen by Pingraffix.

Maybe you can share the file and I can print it myself on a nice decal?

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I double posted this in another thread too but I am trying to get an answer somewhat quickly, so I apologize in advance!
----
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a VE..
I have been in contact with Cliffy about getting protectors for it, but he seems to think some of his stuff won't work.
It seems obvious that the Doc Ock magnet is WAY bigger, so of course that protector won't work.
Specifically, looking at the flyer, he thinks they changed the shape of the Doc Ock kickout. He also thinks there are already ramp protectors on the game and his are not needed. But I looked at the flyer and I can't see the front of the DO kickout, and it looks to me like the inside of the ramps next to the 3 bank targets don't have protectors on them.
Can anyone confirm Cliffy's suspicions?
Thanks!
Michael

SMVE come fully armored. It does not have a right side under-rail eject or ball eject protector. The rails are metal and the right side of the shooter lane already has a protection plate. See pictures.

The VUK's are also well armored as well as the Sandman drop target area. A huge improvement over the original.

I'd grill your distro and Stern about the playfield issues being resolved before accepting the order. Every non-round insert has ghosted on mine and the clear coat has separated from the playfield under the apron. Two of the inserts have cracked through the clearcoat.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/42#post-3277858
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/75#post-3313793

Also have ghosting on a NIB Met Pro.

I've been told I'd be taken care of after December ...

WED_4817 (resized).JPG

WED_4818 (resized).JPG

WED_4820 (resized).JPG

WED_4819 (resized).JPG

WED_4821 (resized).JPG

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

SMVE come fully armored. It does not have a right side under-rail eject or ball eject protector. The rails are metal and the right side of the shooter lane already has a protection plate. See pictures.
The VUK's are also well armored as well as the Sandman drop target area. A huge improvement over the original.
I'd grill your distro and Stern about the playfield issues being resolved before accepting the order. Every non-round insert has ghosted on mine and the clear coat has separated from the playfield under the apron. Two of the inserts have cracked through the clearcoat.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/42#post-3277858
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/75#post-3313793
Also have ghosting on a NIB Met Pro.
I've been told I'd be taken care of after December ...

Oh man, bummer about the playfield issues. That sucks. I did grill my distro about the issue. Apparently mine was made just last week, so hopefully it isn't in the batch with problems. In addition, I was told that minor ghosting of up to 2 inserts is considered acceptable. Anything more than that qualifies for replacement through Stern. I am hoping I don't have to deal with that issue.

Thank you for the quality pics of the armor on the game. You can't see any of that in the flyer. Looks like I might end up returning most of the SM Cliffy stuff I ordered, but we'll see.

Thank you!
Michael

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Like that Spiddy version? I was planning to buy the VE decal but that was difficult to get.

I did buy the VE decal and it does not fit at all (speakers and dmd ). That's the main reason I did my own. I also did a Batman.
I do have some spare ones $35.

20161118_105854 (resized).jpg

20161118_105820 (resized).jpg

20161118_160559 (resized).jpg

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I did buy the VE decal and it does not fit at all (speakers and dmd ). That's the main reason I did my own. I also did a Batman.

I like one, can you send that in a secure way to me, I will PM you.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

PM Sent for SM decal.

1 week later
#485 2 years ago

Randomkg came over and helped my put in the color DMD for my SMVE last night. It looks amazing and it has to be at the top as one of the best ones out there. This is a must have and worth the extra money in my opinion. They did a great job!

1 week later
#486 2 years ago

Selling my very nice topper off my BSM. (Also considering selling Tron topper)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-all-metal-smbsm-topper

1 week later
#487 2 years ago

I've had a #spiderman for about nine months now and it's a family and friend favorite. One issue just appeared and I'm hoping that someone here might have a suggestion. The Sandman will go up but not down. The error is being shown in the service menu. When the test is executed I can see the motor turning, but the toy doesn't move. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting or a fix would be appreciated. Thanks!

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I've had a #spiderman for about nine months now and it's a family and friend favorite. One issue just appeared and I'm hoping that someone here might have a suggestion. The Sandman will go up but not down. The error is being shown in the service menu. When the test is executed I can see the motor turning, but the toy doesn't move. Any suggestions for further troubleshooting or a fix would be appreciated. Thanks!

Had similar issue on SMVE see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/23#post-3312026

Most likely Sandman is out of alignment.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Had similar issue on SMVE see here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-spiderman-ve/page/23#post-3312026
Most likely Sandman is out of alignment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I turns out that I didn't have the same issue, but your post had me look at the problem differently. The issue was related to a screw but not on the Sandman. The plastic arch behind the Sandman had broken at the screw, causing the plastic to jam up against the figure's back - hence the down but not up. I just need to fix the screw/arch so it doesn't interfere with the the S'Man's up or down motion. Thanks again for the reply.

#490 2 years ago

Back in to stay, love this game. So much value compared to the newer stuff. Masterpiece flow and code. IMG_3387 (resized).JPGIMG_3386 (resized).JPG

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Back in to stay, love this game. So much value compared to the newer stuff. Masterpiece flow and code.

Grats shackle! I just picked up a vault. Removed center post and replaced flippers with lightning flippers. Loving this pin right now!

Question about rules, when a spider man insignia is lit solid, that represents a 3x shot right? (Or is it 2x?). And I don't remember this on the original, but when you qualify a standard mode, does it award you a 3x shot of your choosing before making a loop to start the mode? I thought you only got 3x spidey shots if you completed a mode?

Man I got to brush up on these rules.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grats shackle! I just picked up a vault. Removed center post and replaced flippers with lightning flippers. Loving this pin right now!
Question about rules, when a spider man insignia is lit solid, that represents a 3x shot right? (Or is it 2x?). And I don't remember this on the original, but when you qualify a standard mode, does it award you a 3x shot of your choosing before making a loop to start the mode? I thought you only got 3x spidey shots if you completed a mode?
Man I got to brush up on these rules.

I think I just answered my own question. Just lit the modes and caught the dmd displaying 'mode start lit + 2x multipliers'. So must award 2x multipliers for starting a mode and lights 3x multipliers if you complete a mode?

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I just answered my own question. Just lit the modes and caught the dmd displaying 'mode start lit + 2x multipliers'. So must award 2x multipliers for starting a mode and lights 3x multipliers if you complete a mode?

I think it's a 2X for completing all the white inserts, or qualifying a mode but not necessarily starting it.

3x is offered if you complete a mode.

#494 2 years ago

Back in to stay, love this game. So much value compared to the newer stuff. Masterpiece flow and code.

You should add the heated flipper button mod for your kid also. He looks a bit chilly.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You should add the heated flipper button mod for your kid also. He looks a bit chilly.

Ha,
We were on our way out, this is New England, I'll trade you for some of that Georgia sunshine

#496 2 years ago

Ha,
We were on our way out, this is New England, I'll trade you for some of that Georgia sunshine

I am now in Maine, where I grew up, for X-mas, so I know.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I think it's a 2X for completing all the white inserts, or qualifying a mode but not necessarily starting it.
3x is offered if you complete a mode.

This is correct. After completing all the white inserts, all the shots will flash. The first one you hit will be 2x until the end of the ball. The same flashing happens after a mode is completed. The next shot is 3x scoring.

#498 2 years ago

can someone post a pic of the blue rubber on the right hand side of the sandman area?

trying to figure out what rubber goes there.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think it is worth re-posting the link to Bowen's SM tutorial. It is one of the best tutorials I have seen in pinball and really helps one appreciate the nuances of the code.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

can someone post a pic of the blue rubber on the right hand side of the sandman area?
trying to figure out what rubber goes there.

See page 92 of the owner's manual. It is item 7 on ball guide 10 plus a bumper holder and screws.

The rubber bumper is part number 626-5067-00

smparts2 (resized).JPG

smparts (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Athens, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 1,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Halethorpe, MARYLAND
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 25.50
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 14.95
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1272 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside