Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 40 votes
    22%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 97 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 41 votes
    23%

(Multiple choice - 178 votes by 163 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 342 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MVIMG_20190610_003508_1 (resized).jpg
20190526_145249 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190405_213751 (resized).jpg
D869B072-8FFD-4AAC-B2C7-C37AB704D0AA (resized).jpeg
5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpg
20190321_092002 (resized).jpg
20190321_092025 (resized).jpg
20190321_092009 (resized).jpg
BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg
41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg
12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg
6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg
AB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpeg
SM (resized).jpg

There are 1298 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can only see speech adjustment only music (standard adjustable #47)
There is no negative 1-15 (1 is default)
No matter what the speech seems to be quite than the music.
What should make the speech louder 1 or 15?

1 should be loudest, 15 quietest. If they're both on 1, then try raising the music attenuation.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1 should be loudest, 15 quietest. If they're both on 1, then try raising the music attenuation.

there is no adjustment for speech or music attention only music volume.

My AcDc has
music volume (standard adjustment) 1 - 15
Music volume and speech volume (feature adjustment) these go negative or positive.

SM only has music volume in standard adjustment.

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My AcDc has
music volume (standard adjustment) 1 - 15
Music volume and speech volume (feature adjustment) these go negative or positive.
SM only has music volume in standard adjustment

Wow, that's highly irregular. Maybe it's a music theme thing. Pretty sure there are both on Tron though. Sucks for spidey.

#655 2 years ago

For the "music volume" setting 1 is maximum so I suspect putting the music volume at a higher number while turning up the master volume should make the callouts appear louder in relation to the music.

The manual says that 15 turns the background music off entirely.

#656 2 years ago

Finally made it to Super Hero today! Didn't complete it but what a rush.

IMG_1934 (resized).JPG

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Finally made it to Super Hero today! Didn't complete it but what a rush.

I've got there twice. Made a complete arse of it the first time and then almost completed it th second time. One day I will do it.

#658 2 years ago

i have one of this beauties for sale

b47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpg

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the "music volume" setting 1 is maximum so I suspect putting the music volume at a higher number while turning up the master volume should make the callouts appear louder in relation to the music.
The manual says that 15 turns the background music off entirely.

This is not correct (at least on my pin), there seems to be no difference, higher number makes both music and call outs louder and vice versa.

Can anyone test their machine?

#660 2 years ago

Added some Pinbits spiders to the powdered apron.

IMG_4929 (resized).JPG

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This is not correct (at least on my pin), there seems to be no difference, higher number makes both music and call outs louder and vice versa.
Can anyone test their machine?

You have me curious now Rai.
I would check my game, but I loaned it out for a few months for a Tron.
Most Stern games that I have though have sound levels for Music and Speech.
They are not in the standard adjustments though, they are in the game specific adjustments section towards the end.
Strange if Spider-Man is different.

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

They are not in the standard adjustments though, they are in the game specific adjustments section towards the end.
Strange if Spider-Man is different.

take a gander at the manual
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/spiderman/spider-man/695/Spider-Man_Manual.pdf

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have one of this beauties for sale

Is this a metal plate? How much?

2 weeks later
#664 2 years ago

Anyone with an open goodie bag or replacement plastic set with an extra plastic #22? PM me please. Super appreciate it! I'll pay for it

#665 1 year ago

Can you beat super hero....?

Feels like it just goes on and on forever, no matter how many times i take out each villan

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

Feels like it just goes on and on forever, no matter how many times i take out each villan

Yes, it ends. You don't really go for villains in super hero. When you get to the point where you're hitting sandman over and over and over you are getting close. The more extra balls you collect to get there, the longer and tougher it is to beat.

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

Quoted from Pimp77:

Yes, it ends. You don't really go for villains in super hero. When you get to the point where you're hitting sandman over and over and over you are getting close. The more extra balls you collect to get there, the longer and tougher it is to beat.

Quoted from Pimp77:

The more extra balls you collect to get there, the longer and tougher it is to beat.

This is soo true^^^^^^^^ IIRC it adds to the amount of shots per each section of SH to complete... It almost is better if EB are turned off....but then it is harder to get there in the first place...so you are pretty much damned if you do and damned if you don't!

.......The final shot is to the Spider Sense lane...

Phoebe

#669 1 year ago

Created some custom cards for SMVE if anyone is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smve-custom-cards

TL

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

One of the Super Hero modes it is possible to cancel out your shot if you make the same shot again. I can't remember the exact details but let's say you have too shoot each major shot once to progress to the next stage. If you shoot the left ramp twice then that cancels it out and you have to shoot it again. This may not be 100% accurate but it isn't something along those lines. I know because I was stuck on it for ages until I eventually drained. I then watched Bowen's Tutorial video and thought 'Ahhh, so that's where I was going wrong. '

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

One of the Super Hero modes it is possible to cancel out your shot if you make the same shot again. I can't remember the exact details but let's say you have too shoot each major shot once to progress to the next stage. If you shoot the left ramp twice then that cancels it out and you have to shoot it again. This may not be 100% accurate but it isn't something along those lines. I know because I was stuck on it for ages until I eventually drained. I then watched Bowen's Tutorial video and thought 'Ahhh, so that's where I was going wrong. '

Yes...you either have to turn all the shots RED or WHITE, I forget. Each shot toggles the color of the shot.

#672 1 year ago

Finally got the cinema room finished after a complete house rebuild and so Spider-Man is finally installed in the cinema room where it belongs

IMG_7913 (resized).jpg

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Finally got the cinema room finished after a complete house rebuild and so Spider-Man is finally installed in the cinema room where it belongs

Looks great. I really am going to have to LED mine. Need an LED OCD board first though.

#674 1 year ago

Could someone please tell me what the little rectangle plastics are with "SP" written on them. They also have two holes in them. They came in a set of plastics and I don't remember seeing any of these while tearing down the game.

IMG_5021 (resized).JPG

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Could someone please tell me what the little rectangle plastics are with "SP" written on them. They also have two holes in them. They came in a set of plastics and I don't remember seeing any of these while tearing down the game.

likely for microswitches

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

likely for microswitches

Thanks

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Anyone with an open goodie bag or replacement plastic set with an extra plastic #22? PM me please. Super appreciate it! I'll pay for it

I have a used one (not cracked) if you want it

IMG_5028 (resized).JPG

#678 1 year ago

Oh and new SM movie is pretty darn good! IMHO.

Still loving my SM pin. Why did I wait 4 years to get one is beyond me?

#679 1 year ago

If anybody has put a NOS plastic set in their game and has some spares from the original set I would be interested in buying them.
I need the plastic that goes behind Doc Ock. The one with the American flag (near the upper flipper) and the Jameson plastic (over the Lock target).

#680 1 year ago

whats the latest spiderman code version? Mine has 2.4 on it.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whats the latest spiderman code version? Mine has 2.4 on it.

2.61 - from Stern's site

#682 1 year ago

Spiderman Red- become Spider-Man Red and Blue. Chris Royalty designed blue powder on top of chrome

IMG_20170718_123940 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170718_120845 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170718_120901 (resized).jpg

#683 1 year ago

Got a couple of issues with my Spiderman.

The spinner doesn't appear to sit right, when coming to rest it isn't vertical but angled towards the flippers. As a result, I'm getting a lot of rejects when trying to shoot it, its impossible to backhand from the left flipper as the ball doesn't have the momentum and just hits the angled spinner and bounces back.

Other thing is there's no rubber on the post at the exit of the Spider Sense shot - should there be somthing there? I seem to be getting a lot of drains down the right outlane after going through spider sense.

Spinner closeup (resized).jpg

Spinner Overhead view (resized).jpg

Spider sense return (resized).jpg

#684 1 year ago

The post did not ship with a rubber. I suspect that was found to be the best option to have the ball not go to the outlane too often.

For the spinner I would check to see if the axle ends are rubbing on anything. I would also try taking apart the area and put it back together to see if that solves the leaning.

#685 1 year ago

You can GENTLY bend a spinner so it sits correctly. Support the bracket in one hand and then adjust the spinner by pushing it firmly one way or the other with the other hand.

#686 1 year ago

Spiderman vault.

Love this game. Few more upgrades coming it's way. Will post pics when done.

20170713_122200 (resized).jpg

20170713_122301 (resized).jpg

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The post did not ship with a rubber. I suspect that was found to be the best option to have the ball not go to the outlane too often.

OK, thanks, guess I just need to get better at nudging it away from the outlane then!

Quoted from DCFAN:

For the spinner I would check to see if the axle ends are rubbing on anything. I would also try taking apart the area and put it back together to see if that solves the leaning.

Quoted from stoptap:

You can GENTLY bend a spinner so it sits correctly. Support the bracket in one hand and then adjust the spinner by pushing it firmly one way or the other with the other hand.

It doesn't seem to be catching on anything - I can spin it fine by hand. I've had a go at bending the wire which comes out of it and nothing I do seems to cause it to change the angle it sits at. The issue appears to be that the centre of gravity of it means it doesn't hang straight down and I can't quite figure out which way bending it would affect that.

Bending the metal bracket which goes over the lane won't do it, as the spinner sits freely in the holes in that metal frame. I'm guessing I need to remove the spinner from that bracket and then bend the small wires which come out of the spinner and they seem like they're ready to snap off at any moment (I guess that's why you said gently) - am I trying to move the spinner up/down or back/forwards, or is it just trial and error and hope it doesn't break off?

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Spiderman vault.
Love this game. Few more upgrades coming it's way. Will post pics when done.

I like the blue rails.

#689 1 year ago

Thank you!
Powder Coat Illusion Light Blue
Prismatic Powders.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

OK, thanks, guess I just need to get better at nudging it away from the outlane then!

It doesn't seem to be catching on anything - I can spin it fine by hand. I've had a go at bending the wire which comes out of it and nothing I do seems to cause it to change the angle it sits at. The issue appears to be that the centre of gravity of it means it doesn't hang straight down and I can't quite figure out which way bending it would affect that.
Bending the metal bracket which goes over the lane won't do it, as the spinner sits freely in the holes in that metal frame. I'm guessing I need to remove the spinner from that bracket and then bend the small wires which come out of the spinner and they seem like they're ready to snap off at any moment (I guess that's why you said gently) - am I trying to move the spinner up/down or back/forwards, or is it just trial and error and hope it doesn't break off?

It is very subtle movement. Definitely don't bend the bracket. I have done all my spinnersand have even managed to get the spinner on my LOTR to lean backwards a little bit which makes the ring shot a lot more consistent.

When holding the bracket push the centre of the spinner either towards the flippers or away from them.

#691 1 year ago

Just joined the club and loving this game! Even better than me loving it is my whole family does too.

Random question-
Is there a fix for hearing weird feedback from the right speaker when I hold the right flipper button?

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just joined the club and loving this game! Even better than me loving it is my whole family does too.
Random question-
Is there a fix for hearing weird feedback from the right speaker when I hold the right flipper button?

Are you sure it isn't flipper buzz ?

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Are you sure it isn't flipper buzz ?

Maybe that's what it is. Never had flipper buzz on any of my game before.
Is there a cure for flipper buzz?

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Turn the game volume UP.

#695 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Turn the game volume UP.

Problem solved

But if there is a more professional way to fix this flipper buzz I'd love to know.

#696 1 year ago

Found a bunch of posts talking about stern flipper buzz.
Gonna diagnose my flipper situation.
If you can't already tell, this is my first stern game.

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

The first step for me when tackling Stern flipper buzz is a rebuild. New pawl plunger/pawl, coil stop and coil sleeve. Flipper bushes too usually.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

The first step for me when tackling Stern flipper buzz is a rebuild. New pawl plunger/pawl, coil stop and coil sleeve. Flipper bushes too usually.

I literally just placed an order for all of those with Terry @ Pinball Life.
And a few other trinkets/doodads/thing-a-ma-jigs.

Hopefully the rebuild kit (and bushings!) will help.
Really loving the flow, code and personality of this game!

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It is very subtle movement. Definitely don't bend the bracket. I have done all my spinnersand have even managed to get the spinner on my LOTR to lean backwards a little bit which makes the ring shot a lot more consistent.
When holding the bracket push the centre of the spinner either towards the flippers or away from them.

Thanks for the advice, I've managed to bend it back slightly - I figured that as its been hit by the ball from the flippers a lot I should be pushing it back towards the flippers. It isn't perfect but its better than it was, I'll try and push it a little further at the weekend.

Quoted from stoptap:

So is the buzz 'normal' or a sign of a problem? I'm still learning and a few machines I've played buzz when holding the flipper so I'd assumed it was fairly normal.

Got a couple of other issues now I've played a bit more, the Dock Ock eject sometimes doesn't send the ball back to the right wire ramp and onto the flipper, sometimes it falls from the top of the loop and back onto the playfield - I can't see much to adjust there (but its very annoying when it happens during a good game).

Also, I've got a Technician Alert for Switch #22 Trough Jam - I've been through the manual and I cannot figure out where that switch is - I'm clearly just being dumb, but is it under the playfield somewhere?

#700 1 year ago

On Doc Oc, see if it's a clean eject... Had the ramp misaligned after reassembly once and it slowed the ball so it wouldn't make the arch...

Flipper buzz unfortunately normal. Had/have the same thing. Searched it on Pinside. Lots of great advice. Sounds like it's the metal on metal vibration which can be lived with or there were a couple tricks to reduce/minimize the buzz.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Machine - For Sale
Halethorpe, MARYLAND
$ 279.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Anderson, SC
$ 279.95
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Heights, NJ
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 279.95
$ 1,000.00
$ 28.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1298 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside