Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 40 votes
    23%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 95 votes
    55%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 39 votes
    22%

(Multiple choice - 174 votes by 159 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 340 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MVIMG_20190405_213751 (resized).jpg
D869B072-8FFD-4AAC-B2C7-C37AB704D0AA (resized).jpeg
5446C5ED-C617-4024-A98A-51B51380C355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190321_100850 (resized).jpg
20190321_092002 (resized).jpg
20190321_092025 (resized).jpg
20190321_092009 (resized).jpg
BD589E1B-01CC-411A-BEAB-F4CA1EE723F3 (resized).jpeg
3A43EF97-C7DE-4CBF-9B82-20C28C9A51D2 (resized).jpeg
41C13733-F148-4914-A5C6-4A3957B8DF12 (resized).jpeg
12663D33-966E-4B51-8E8E-39834EF74F72 (resized).jpeg
6D5EE58A-5A32-4B77-B2AD-44B49563055B (resized).jpeg
AB6632BB-7397-4DC3-8057-A083A848F30A (resized).jpeg
SM (resized).jpg
11059E7D-B1B8-4272-B833-4AA4466472C3 (resized).jpeg
IMGP0557 (resized).JPG

There are 1270 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.
#401 2 years ago

I bought those cheap ones, see if i can open them up another picture in there. Then i think i Will do it with all my pins. Like cftbl should be great.

#402 2 years ago

I have done it with my Batman too.
In Batman I drilled a hole into the top to mount it permanently. It looks sooo good I would never ever consider removing it. In Spiderman I attached the light on a bracket on the back box so it can be removed later.

20151027_175124_(resized).jpg

20151027_175216_(resized).jpg

#403 2 years ago

That is really cool, I am not a topper person, tried it, but not my thing. So this is great! Clean but still very attractive.

#404 2 years ago

Thought l would try the SMVE speaker decal on SM original. I did have to cut out the square style speakers but it fit well.

SMdecal1_(resized).jpgSmdecal2_(resized).JPG

#405 2 years ago

I almost did this about two months ago - thought about projecting it onto the floor beneath the machine. I like your idea better. Glad to see you got it to work.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

Thought l would try the SMVE speaker decal on SM original. I did have to cut out the square style speakers but it fit well.

Two different types of spiders. The black spider represents the Symbiotes.

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Looks pretty nice on there though don't ya think? Red spiderman is still on the back glass. The black webbing goes with it, black spider logos might drown out a bit?

edit---Coin door artwork matches the red. I dunno, I think it looks solid.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Looks pretty nice on there though don't ya think? Red spiderman is still on the back glass. The black webbing goes with it, black spider logos might drown out a bit?
edit---Coin door artwork matches the red. I dunno, I think it looks solid.

Aesthetically yes, but as a Marvel fan, it looks a bit buggy (pun intended).

However, I do like the webbing. Perhaps if the spiders were white...

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Aesthetically yes, but as a Marvel fan, it looks a bit buggy (pun intended).

I just watched Spider-Man 3 with the kids tonight, I enjoyed all the Tobey M movies, I dunno, when he goes into the piano bar to mess with MJ was classic.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Agree, didn't notice till you pointed this out. l will remove the black speaker spider plastics.

Thanks all for all your input on this.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

Agree, didn't notice till you pointed this out. l will remove the black speaker spider plastics.
Thanks all for all your input on this.

That's not necessary. It's your game, do what makes you happy!

#412 2 years ago

That looks great, I tried to find the speaker panel online but could not find it. Were did you get that? And what are the costs? I have a red edition so no problem with black or red spiders

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That looks great, I tried to find the speaker panel online but could not find it. Were did you get that? And what are the costs? I have a red edition so no problem with black or red spiders

l purchased the "Spiderman Vault Edition" speaker decal from Stern. Not that expensive l paid $33 AU shipped to Australia.
Keep in mind this comes with the round speaker cutout and you will need to cut it for your square speakers.

Before

stern-spiderman-backglassjpg-0d6f5a_640w-594x600_(resized).jpg

After

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

l purchased the "Spiderman Vault Edition" speaker decal from Stern. Not that expensive l paid $33 AU shipped to Australia.
Keep in mind this comes with the round speaker cutout and you will need to cut it for your square speakers.
Before

After

Looks like you must have done trimming on top and bottom too.

Or is it an illusion of the angle and hidden bottom from the slip?

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

Before

After

Did you just send an email to stern, I do not see anything in their store?

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Looks like you must have done trimming on top and bottom too.
Or is it an illusion of the angle and hidden bottom from the slip?

l had to trim along the top. The bottom is short but cannot be seen once the speaker panel is fitted back in.
Also had to trim around the DMD cut-out on both sides and bottom, top l think was fine.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did you just send an email to stern, I do not see anything in their store?

l ordered the part from my local Stern reseller.
In case you need the details part number is 820-8369-A0 Spiderman Vault speaker panel decal.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimus68:

l ordered the part from my local Stern reseller.
In case you need the details part number is 820-8369-A0 Spiderman Vault speaker panel decal.

Great! Thanks.

#419 2 years ago

Just got the last spiderman vault edition in stock from game exchange delivered today.No problems other than one bulb came loose during shipping.No buyers remorse whatsoever,Plays great looks great!Awesome!

20160627_121353_(resized).jpg

#420 2 years ago

Congratulations on the Spider-Man Vault Edition. You will love it. I want one of these as well. Terrific game. The new ColorDMD for it looks amazing.

#421 2 years ago

New SMVE Code on Sterns site.
Minor update.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-spider-man-vault-edition

Read me file finally publishes the 'you can't run this in the original SM, so don't try' blurb. 32MB vs 64MB files or something - ironically the opposite in basic terms to the ColorDMD requirements.

#422 2 years ago

Does anyone have a link for the process to dump the 1.0 code from the factory preload in SMVE? Id like to export it out of my SMVE just to have, before attempting to load 1.01. Call me cautious, but i want a fall back plan

Rick

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Does anyone have a link for the process to dump the 1.0 code from the factory preload in SMVE? Id like to export it out of my SMVE just to have, before attempting to load 1.01. Call me cautious, but i want a fall back plan
Rick

I backed up when I first got mine. Here's what worked for me:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backing-up-settingsscores-to-usb-stern-sam-machines#post-3114673

1 week later
#424 2 years ago

Picked up a SM last week since it was such a great deal. I had played it a couple of times at places and found it too easy or just didn't grab me.
But NOW, really getting into it.
The only question I have is why is there not a match video at the end like all the other pins?
Also, not sure I want to do a color DMD in this but wanted to know where you could get a red filter for the regular display?
Thanks

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

Picked up a SM last week since it was such a great deal. I had played it a couple of times at places and found it too easy or just didn't grab me.
But NOW, really getting into it.
The only question I have is why is there not a match video at the end like all the other pins?
Also, not sure I want to do a color DMD in this but wanted to know where you could get a red filter for the regular display?
Thanks

Check your game settings. SM and SMVE both have match sequences. The previous owner probably had it turned off.

#426 2 years ago

It does go through the match sequence but only numbers show up and no sound or music. Most or all the other pins have some added "cute" animations like X-Men uses Colossus throwing the head of a robot.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

It does go through the match sequence but only numbers show up and no sound or music. Most or all the other pins have some added "cute" animations like X-Men uses Colossus throwing the head of a robot.

If I recall correctly the match sequence on SM is Green Goblin movie clip with quote (willem) "Sleep, sleep". I haven't played a SM in a while.

Can anyone with a SM comment? Sorry, I've a SMVE.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

If I recall correctly the match sequence on SM is Green Goblin movie clip with quote (willem) "Sleep, sleep". I haven't played a SM in a while.

Yep that's correct(I have an "OG" Spidey lol)

#429 2 years ago

That's interesting.
I watched a youtube to see at the end and it did the same as mine.
Does anyone know if there is a switch to eliminate the GG?

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

Yep, it's the clip where GG gasses SM and says sleep, sleeeep.

#431 2 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

That's interesting.
I watched a youtube to see at the end and it did the same as mine.
Does anyone know if there is a switch to eliminate the GG?

If you are getting all the proper animation but no sound, it may be because your music and speech attenuation settings are moved away from zero. Put them both back to zero and see if your sound comes back. They are in the game specific settings.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, it's the clip where GG gasses SM and says sleep, sleeeep.

I never new that was it, I thought it was some guy with a chainsaw? I need to get that colorDMD.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

Thanks

I bought a red filter at Pinball Life.

#434 2 years ago

Anyone else got one of these?

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#435 2 years ago

So I went on YouTube and saw what I'm missing.
I'm including a picture of just a number as it does during match sequence.

20160708_191419_(resized).jpg

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

So I went on YouTube and saw what I'm missing.
I'm including a picture of just a number as it does during match sequence.

Well, what software rev are you on?

#437 2 years ago

damn it... Was playing my SMVE before heading out of town tomorrow. notice the post closest to the flipper on the right sling was leaning a bit... investigated and found that the t-nut must not have seated in the playfield well at the factory, the post kinda jammed in it and looks like it spun the t-nut flat. Left the post loose and has been kinda bending over the last month or so. I got the post off and t-nut out and straightened it. then tried to run the post threads down in the t-nut outside the game and post broke. I think it was weakened by being bent...

I don't have spare parts to put it back together. Guess my bro wont get to enjoy it when he comes over to check on the house while I"m out of town. I hate leaving when things aren't put together and working order. UUUGH.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, what software rev are you on?

It's V1.30

#439 2 years ago

Version 2.something is the latest I think. Just download from the stern website and update.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/game-code/game-code-spider-man/SPD26164.zip

#440 2 years ago

Thanks time bandit

Quoted from TimeBandit:

Version 2.something is the latest I think. Just download from the stern website and update.

1 week later
#441 2 years ago

Anybody got any Spider-Man plastics for sale ? Could do with two or three.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Anyone else got one of these?

No but where did you get it from. Looks great!

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Anybody got any Spider-Man plastics for sale ? Could do with two or three.

It is tough to find individual plastics unless you want some that are not often broken. The JK Simmons Daily Bugle area plastic, Sandman plastic, Spider-man vs. Sandman plastic (left of the pop bumpers) seem to be the main ones that get broken.
The Sandman plastic is typically available as an individual plastic.

#444 2 years ago

Is anybody interested in the Back Alley buildings and subway? The set sells for $325 + shipping on their website. I'm asking $250 including shipping. These were installed, but you will get all the required hardware. You'll have to get some velcro for the buildings.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is tough to find individual plastics unless you want some that are not often broken. The JK Simmons Daily Bugle area plastic, Sandman plastic, Spider-man vs. Sandman plastic (left of the pop bumpers) seem to be the main ones that get broken.
The Sandman plastic is typically available as an individual plastic.

Yes you are correct. I think it is one of the biggest problems with licensed games. I wonder if Stern cannot make replace parts once the licence has expired ?

I could do with the plastic immediately above the top right flipper. The one behind Doc Ock and the clear plastics on the Sandman and Dock Ock VUKs.
Surely somebody could make the clear plastics as there is no image rights to think of ?

#446 2 years ago

I recommend getting a new set of plastics while they are still available and the Pinbits.com protectors.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3571

#447 2 years ago

We could see if some joint purchase could be arranged and plastics be divided? I desperately need this one:

https://i1.pinside.com/8/87/8870706b2802a79b01a37d4232894c9bbf088937/resized/740/8870706b2802a79b01a37d4232894c9bbf088937.jpg

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I recommend getting a new set of plastics while they are still available and the Pinbits.com protectors.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3571

Crippling price when shipped and import tax added here in the UK.

#449 2 years ago

Question for original spidey owners/players. How many stats are normally in the spidey code for ingame/hold flipper status info?

I was lookin at my smve today and the in game stats ate pretty bare. Basically juat the high scores on the machine.

Is it like that on orig spidey

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Question for original spidey owners/players. How many stats are normally in the spidey code for ingame/hold flipper status info?
I was lookin at my smve today and the in game stats ate pretty bare. Basically juat the high scores on the machine.
Is it like that on orig spidey

Exactly the same. One disappointment I have is that I really thought they might up the instant info. But no.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
6,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Sale Pending!
Smithville, MO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1270 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 26.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside