Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 38 votes
    25%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 82 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 32 votes
    21%

(Multiple choice - 152 votes by 140 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 290 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG20181008170353 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008170411 (resized).jpg
IMG20181008163339 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180930_134142250 (resized).jpg
Spiderman Custom Pinball Card Crew print2.JPG
Spiderman Custom Pinball Card Crew print1.JPG
1291F6B7-CB37-494F-A2C4-53A3078261F4 (resized).jpeg
20180906_212552 (resized).jpg
20180902_225702 (1) (resized).jpg
20180902_224038 (resized).jpg
hinges line up (resized).jpg
spiderman hinge cover text (resized).jpg
pbz_spiderman (resized).png
D553D1B9-9BFD-403A-B878-5F177C6699F6 (resized).jpeg
455B4B7E-9BD8-4090-ADC0-6665A02A1B3E (resized).jpeg
20180722_181951 (resized).jpg

There are 989 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 9 months ago

Shaker motor also was installed for a nice effect.

#752 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Shaker motor also was installed for a nice effect.

Shaker is factory for spidey vault. Stern did an awesome job with this vault package IMO. Gorgeous and fun game. Congrats!

Think about removing your center post to shorten ball times; I think the game is better without it. Enjoy.

#753 9 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club last night, my first Newish game as well as first Stern. Only has 22 plays on it! Great deal I believe. Previous owner installed Color DMD, Flipper Fidelity Speakers, flipper bat graphics. Will get to play it tonight after work, got it home around 11pm last knight. Much lighter carrying this up the stairs than my older Williams games, thankfully!

Congrats love the color dmd

#754 9 months ago

Finally did the spider sense exit to shooter mod. Awesome change. It should have been in production this way. No more cheap outlane drains for hitting a great shot for me.

#755 8 months ago

Is there something to install in the game in the way to de-magnetize the balls? Not sure if the original owner swapped out the balls that came with the game or not, (only had 22 plays on the game when I bought it) but the current balls sometimes stick to the shooter lane metal or the upper venom ramp due to magnetism and you have to either shake the heck out of the game or pull the glass to move the ball. I know the highly polished balls Marco sells are susceptible to magnetism and the standard ball is supposed to be more resistant. I have the standard ball in my Black Knight 2000 and have had no issues yet. Guess I could also just order new standard balls and see what happens but I'd say this game uses a magnet a lot more than my Black Knight. Besides that one issue, love this game and so does my wife. Very multi-ball happy game!

#756 8 months ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Is there something to install in the game in the way to de-magnetize the balls? Not sure if the original owner swapped out the balls that came with the game or not, (only had 22 plays on the game when I bought it) but the current balls sometimes stick to the shooter lane metal or the upper venom ramp due to magnetism and you have to either shake the heck out of the game or pull the glass to move the ball. I know the highly polished balls Marco sells are susceptible to magnetism and the standard ball is supposed to be more resistant. I have the standard ball in my Black Knight 2000 and have had no issues yet. Guess I could also just order new standard balls and see what happens but I'd say this game uses a magnet a lot more than my Black Knight. Besides that one issue, love this game and so does my wife. Very multi-ball happy game!

Replace the balls with standard balls from a good source.

#757 8 months ago

hi

we have done a group order for stainless steel speaker panels

i have one left for the Classic Stern Spidey

send me a PM if you want it $ 140 shipped

b47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpg

#758 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Replace the balls with standard balls from a good source.

Ordered a new pack of standard balls from Marco. Hopefully this fixes the issue. Now it’s up to the post office to see how fast I can fix this issue.

#759 8 months ago

Might be leaving the club if anyone is interested in joining.

HUO 2007 Low Play SM
-Premium LEDs
-Spidey Sense lane mod
-LED lit sandman
-LED lit dock ock
-Pinvol volume controller
-Shaker
-Extra right ramp with decal
-Plastic Protectors
-extra sandman plastics

I can post pics, but where should I price this bad boy? I was thinking $5500?

Game is minty and looks/plays brand new.
PM if interested.

#760 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinitration:

Might be leaving the club if anyone is interested in joining.
HUO 2007 Low Play SM
-Premium LEDs
-Spidey Sense lane mod
-LED lit sandman
-LED lit dock ock
-Pinvol volume controller
-Shaker
-Extra right ramp with decal
-Plastic Protectors
-extra sandman plastics
I can post pics, but where should I price this bad boy? I was thinking $5500?
Game is minty and looks/plays brand new.
PM if interested.

It all depends on if there’s a person near you looking for a spiderman with those mods.
I think you’ll have an easier time removing as many mods as possible and pricing the game lower
Right now it’s a buyers market. I recently sold a perfect SMVE with 200 plays, plastic protectors, and titan bands for $5800 and it took more than a month to sell.

#761 8 months ago

Yeah, you really don’t see The original SMs goin for too much over $5000 anymore unless they have some high end mods like Color DMD.

#762 8 months ago

Not trying to get your price down. I was looking for SMs last year and found one. There were a few HUO SMs for sale at the time with mods for a little under $5000. Your Spidey Sense Lane Mod might set yours apart. I think that’s a cool/rare Mod. I personally would have paid a little extra that.

#763 8 months ago

Price really depends on game quality, cleanliness and mods.

However...

Mods are worthless to some and value adders to others.

For example, I have full led upgrade, buildings, Subway, all led supporting mods inside them, character lights, sandman sand and other stuff. I also have full powder coated armour.

I know what it cost me and I know everyone will have an opinion.

Just keep in mind, more mods = smaller target audience.

#764 8 months ago

Hi there,
Is there any difference of rules between SM regular and VE?
Thanks

#765 8 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Is there any difference of rules between SM regular and VE?
Thanks

Nope. Same rules. They just changed the names of the modes.

#766 8 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Nope. Same rules. They just changed the names of the modes.

ok only artwork changement based on the comics. correct?

#767 8 months ago

sounds/music/animations are different on the VE along with playfield artwork and toys (same characters but different style).
right, all comic book based.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

ok only artwork changement based on the comics. correct?

#768 8 months ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

hi
we have done a group order for stainless steel speaker panels
i have one left for the Classic Stern Spidey
send me a PM if you want it $ 140 shipped

1 have just 1 piece left !!!

b47790408a6cccd3571f423b452110c2b5f1a4b9 (resized).jpg

#769 8 months ago

Well I joined the spiderman club around a week ago (2007 version). The only chance I ever had to play it was at shows and I'd usually just get a game or two in and it's so loud and there are so many people it gets easy to get distracted so I liked what I saw on the surface but never delved into the game. Before I picked it up I did some research in the club just seeing what might be needed but essentially bought the game blind.....

This game is outstanding. I delved into the ruleset via the Bowen tutorial and found it to be quite interesting and deep. I am so surprised that the ramps seem narrow yet somehow aren't that difficult. I absolutely love that you can forehand or backhand either one and that you can also backhand the left loop (a geometry that doesn't seem normal around the left sling but somehow is easy? I'm also regularly backhanding spider sense when backhanding right and closing the upper right flipper in rhythm. Motors, magnets, and toys a plenty, especially considering today's standards, my last games were Metallica and this and they make the new ones look like an expensive joke.

I opened up the outlanes and removed the rubber from the center post immediately as I don't want to get through it too quickly. I've tossed in flipper fidelity speakers I had on hand and installed an led ocd board and led'd the game. This feels like a long term relationship for me, I'm very surprised and happy to be in this club.

Does anyone have any led ocd files/programming or/and pinball browser customization they can share?

#770 8 months ago

what is the spidey sense mod?

#772 8 months ago

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2007 and 2010 model ?

Is it only the web rails, or did they change anything else on the late modells ?

Did they both have the same clearcoat finish ?

Thanks

#773 8 months ago

picked up a SM wednesday. is the sandman vuk supposed to be so violent? the ball ends up above the upper lanes half the time. no wonder the plastic to the left and 2 of my pop bumper metal rings are broke.

#774 8 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

picked up a SM wednesday. is the sandman vuk supposed to be so violent? the ball ends up above the upper lanes half the time. no wonder the plastic to the left and 2 of my pop bumper metal rings are broke.

Def should NOT be that violent

#775 8 months ago

i'll try to post a few pics tonight. maybe something wasn't put back together correctly by the previous owner.

#776 8 months ago

1 have just 1 piece left !!!

130$ shipped

2c0ee3950a92a75de0857fa8922373497593b9f0 (resized).jpg

#777 8 months ago

definitely some screws missing. i wonder if that's it.

IMAG1009[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG1008[1] (resized).jpg

IMAG1005[1] (resized).jpg

#778 8 months ago

Check if the correct coil is installed on your VUK.

#779 8 months ago

i was thinking that, too.

i did add a screw to that one spot, but it didn't help at all.

#780 8 months ago

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you guys have change the cabinet decals of is spider man (original).
Ive found this example, they seam pretty nice, if also chrome the metal parts (legs, lock bar, etc)

Greetings

pasted_image (resized).png

#781 8 months ago

spiderman is definitely a fantastic game ... it's the game that I have the most fun to play in my gameroom ... the layout and the code are amazing ... and the VAULT version is a killer

must have

IMG_4005 (resized).JPG

IMG_4136 (resized).JPG

IMG_4353 (resized).JPG

IMG_0020 (resized).JPG

IMG_0019 (resized).JPG

#782 8 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you guys have change the cabinet decals of is spider man (original).
Ive found this example, they seam pretty nice, if also chrome the metal parts (legs, lock bar, etc)
Greetings

Those look awesome but no way I would swap out the absolutely perfect factory ones on my game, I'm just not that brave / crazy. Would like to see them installed on a game though, if you picked up a fairly beat up routed game it may be a good choice.

#783 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Those look awesome but no way I would swap out the absolutely perfect factory ones on my game, I'm just not that brave / crazy. Would like to see them installed on a game though, if you picked up a fairly beat up routed game it may be a good choice.

Yes, ive picked up a machine with side decals in bad shape..
So i was wondering if its a good choice, but... i dont know...!!
I would love to see if someone have something like this instaled on his game.

#784 8 months ago

I'd probably just go with the original images. This place has decals (all of the games were screened, no decals, so YMMV)
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/spider-man-pinball-cabinet-decals-original/

Quoted from RGAires:

#785 8 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

For what it's worth...those decals have art from the wrong movie series on them. That is from "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012), while the pin is based on "Spider-Man" (2002). It might not bother you (and they do look nice!), but I would expect it to lower the resale value when you sell it. Then again I've seen people put original series Star Trek decals on their ST:TNG pin. LOL

#786 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

For what it's worth...those decals have art from the wrong movie series on them. That is from "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012), while the pin is based on "Spider-Man" (2002). It might not bother you (and they do look nice!), but I would expect it to lower the resale value when you sell it. Then again I've seen people put original series Star Trek decals on their ST:TNG pin. LOL

"..those decals have art from the wrong movie series on them.." ive also seen that, that is a very valid point to me

Im going to share some examples, that ive made, just for fun (amateur examples), might someone come with a good ideia, kind of a brain storming

#787 8 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

"..those decals have art from the wrong movie series on them.." ive also seen that, that is a very valid point to me
Im going to share some examples, that ive made, just for fun (amateur examples), might someone come with a good ideia, kind of a brain storming

The fifth one (animated art) looks really good...but the sixth one with the logo, webs, and distressed look is freaking awesome! I'd make sure to use the right logo / font to match the game no matter which one you go with though.

#788 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

The fifth one (animated art) looks really good...but the sixth one with the logo, webs, and distressed look is freaking awesome! I'd make sure to use the right logo / font to match the game no matter which one you go with though.

Thanks for your reply, this are just a few examples, im looking to know if any might be a good BASE idea, they all need a lot of work, but i prefer to work on a base that really have something wort it...

I also like the ideia of the distressed look...

#789 8 months ago

Had a humdinger of a game a couple of weeks ago. Finally completed Super Hero.

7A2FFF6F-37A5-4C46-A4F3-5896ACB4325A.jpeg

B1FE3025-AED4-4AE6-9859-699E4D89A5F9.jpeg

#790 8 months ago

Anyone know what the LED lit sandman and doc ock figures would be worth? Biglaw made/modded them. I don’t think he makes them anymore. I’m thinking about selling them and putting the stock figures back in. I’m selling my game.

I also may sell off my spider sense lane mod. Was looking for $125 on that if someone wanted it.

#791 7 months ago

Any of you guys have a map of the playfield G.I for this game?

1 week later
#792 7 months ago

any way to get a few specific plastics other than a full set? need the one behind sandman and the american flag next to doc oc.

#793 7 months ago

i also have a decent amount of dirt that's been hammered into the playfield clearcoat. naphtha and simple green not doing the trick. any ideas?

#794 7 months ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i also have a decent amount of dirt that's been hammered into the playfield clearcoat. naphtha and simple green not doing the trick. any ideas?

Novus 2. If still no good, magic eraser...but be careful not to go overboard with it.

#795 7 months ago

okay; i'll have to get some. i've always tried to use the least powerful product that got the job done, but this SM needs something extra. time to step my game up. ty.

#796 7 months ago

Anyone have a set of BAC buildings/train they don't want I'm looking for a used set for a friend's BSM, already have a set on my SM.

#797 7 months ago

First stern I have owned with this type of pop bumper caps (with the center holes). The game was already converted to LEDs with an OCD board by original owner but the bulbs in the pop bumpers don't look right and are pretty dim.

Any suggestions for good LED bulbs for pop bumpers with this type of cap?

#798 7 months ago

my comet single smd bulbs work fine.

#799 7 months ago

i still have just 1 stainless steel speaker panel in stock
from a canceled order

price 99$ + shipping 42$

special price 120$ shipped for this !!

2c0ee3950a92a75de0857fa8922373497593b9f0 (resized).jpg

#800 7 months ago

Couldn't find any nice rule cards for my vault edition so I made some to share.

Spider-man.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.95
$ 1,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 28.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 989 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside