Topic poll

“Club Spidey (Spider-Man) - Members and guests welcome”

• Spider-Man is the best Stern Pin 41 votes
    22%
  • Spider-Man is the best Super Hero Pin 100 votes
    54%
  • Black Spider-Man is Shiny 45 votes
    24%

(Multiple choice - 186 votes by 171 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 408 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191015_190505 (resized).jpg
5E3C61B8-883B-4510-9C63-FFD6AE6E18FF (resized).jpeg
1AC2028B-B848-4A53-A20C-F6E41F0F4AC0 (resized).jpeg
C5022886-5032-4983-8073-862387EDDAA4 (resized).jpeg
20191015_115247 (resized).jpg
321354d9056733b0a6eeda97315ca667bf6e3e0e (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 6.09.45 AM (resized).png
EF78DFD8-8EEC-4B58-856E-C7BF6B53BA15 (resized).jpeg
0BB0DC46-662C-4200-8510-EA65F9F61CAC-341-000000173F591992 (resized).JPG
A77A38E8-A93E-4667-99F6-E7735C2F5FA0 (resized).jpeg
4261389E-ADCF-4D95-AA57-4A5E5119799C (resized).jpeg
8D0DCE84-7E7B-401B-BBEA-87A67DCB46A8 (resized).jpeg
C858607F-B51D-4DF7-BDAD-F71C664E6C97 (resized).jpeg
2175EEE4-3C56-4BBF-AED4-4B4D5585A8A4 (resized).jpeg
A48255E0-571C-42A7-8B36-DF12D033068C (resized).jpeg
20190912_122021 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Whats the deal with the red spider arrows?
Ive noticed that part way through a game theyre all lit up solid and as i burn through them they go unlit.
Am i in some mini mode or something?

They light for each major shot when you end a white mode (win or lose I think)...I don't remember if they light after villain fights, but I think they do there as well. I'm not sure how many points you get, but there is a spider champion high score list.

5 months later
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

how do you tell the difference between a 2007 and 2010 SM? Thanks

Plastic apron and pegs on the 2010 version?

1 year later
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

With IMVE they just suspended the effects that wouldn't work well with leds. There is a menu option to turn them back on.
And it will be SAM. 100%

Yep, IMVE has a neutered light show. All the slow fades and pulses are gone. Luckily they have the menu option so original IM owners can enjoy the show still.

2 months later
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

I took Spidey to the woodshed last night. I successfully completed every mode, beat superhero, and had x6 for every shot for the rest of the game, all on the first ball. I was well on my way to a second superhero, but once I got close to 4 billion, I drained on purpose so the score wouldn't roll. I drained ball two and three intentionally. (this picture is before I launched and drained ball 2)
This was set to tournament mode with no extra balls. I've scored higher, but I've never played a perfect game before. I never thought I would, especially on only one ball.
Best game of my entire life. I feel like I pitched a no hitter or something.

gc_(resized).jpg

Sounds like you need to remove the outlane posts and center drain post! Sheesh!

1 month later
#236 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I wish this thread was more active. It's sad that there's only 200 posts in a Spider-Man club. Especially with the VE out.
Let's see some pics of your games, mods, high scores, broken stuff, etc.

There's older club threads with tons of posts.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is it me, or is everyone pleasantly surprised with Spidey VE?
Think of all the negative feedback for the game when it was first announced.

It got negative feedback? Other than weak anorexic Spidey and horrendous green goblin (which doesn't move) I thought it fared pretty well in reviews. It's one of the best games of all time and code is complete! What's not to like?

3 weeks later
#322 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Got my spidey in place. It needed a tiny adjustment on the right orbit ball guide, but that's it. The clear looks incredible and it plays smooth as butter.
It definitely plays a little easy. Has anyone here removed the post or made their game super steep to help make it more of a challenge? I'm about 20 games in and have gotten to battle royal 3 times.

Open the outlanes all the way.

#340 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Joined the 2007 sm club Today !!!
Love it
Only thing the E's insert always stays on from the start of the game Anyone had this problem
?

You need to gap the lane switch.

3 weeks later
#376 3 years ago

Damn...not sure mine looks like that and it's 8-9 years old!!!

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

That is not good to have that king of dimpling in such a new game. The older one does not make that damage from the Sandman VUK. In fact I think mine actually deflects the ball somewhat towards the lanes where it kinda hits the rubber post in the center lane instead of directly on the playfield. I would see if you can re-direct the ball before that gets worse.

Oh, the original does...just not that bad that fast. I remember doubling my Mylar years ago. I'll take another look there this weekend.

3 weeks later
#430 3 years ago
Quoted from zene10:

If I recall correctly the match sequence on SM is Green Goblin movie clip with quote (willem) "Sleep, sleep". I haven't played a SM in a while.
Can anyone with a SM comment? Sorry, I've a SMVE.

Yep, it's the clip where GG gasses SM and says sleep, sleeeep.

#436 3 years ago
Quoted from fathom:

So I went on YouTube and saw what I'm missing.
I'm including a picture of just a number as it does during match sequence.

Well, what software rev are you on?

8 months later
#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Congrats. The ColorDMD is a no-brainer IMHO - there's no better mod for this game. I also installed a shaker and don't think the game benefits much from it - I'd spend the money elsewhere.

Are you effing serious??!!! SM has absolutely fantastic shaker effects. One of the best for a shaker. I couldn't play one without the shaker.

ColorDMD is great too.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Had a shaker on my prior SM didn't like it, moved it over to IM (fantastic).
I didn't really like the shaker effect on Sandman and maybe it was just shaking too often.

Wow...different strokes. IM shaker is fantastic too.

1 week later
#616 2 years ago

SM is the best of the 3, then MM, then AFM. The layout and rules go in that order too. SM has some of the best rules ever.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

For those that have installed a colorDMD what format are you running? I have tried a few and still not sold on which one gives the best clarity. Thoughts?

DotXL is the winner, but remember to adjust the contrast/brightness settings.

#626 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just start (I believe) so maybe it doesn't make sense to try to play the modes just concentrate on starting the mode and forget about it.
I'm not sure so waiting to hear from an expert. Maybe there should be another goal if you were to complete all the modes.
But like LOTR you can start TABA just by starting the modes but to get to Valanor you need to defeat everything.

Nothing for completing all the modes, but each one you complete gives you a chance to add a multiplier to a shot on the pf. Well worth doing!

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Ah, Maybe that is what I am missing. I did like the DotXL but thought it was still missing something. What did you change your setting to?

Don't remember...I'll take a look next time I head down to the game room.

#633 2 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

During normal game play once you complete all lit white arrows, your next shot will be lit for 2x for the rest of the ball. A shot to either orbit then starts the mode (you can put 2x on either orbit and start mode simultaneously).
Once you defeat the timed mode, your next shot will be 3x for the rest of the ball.
Venom 1 is the only Venom 'mode' that will time out. The other two times you have to complete it. Venom 3 only shots to the side ramp count as Venom shots.
As for the villans resetting I've only ever had it on default.
As for the red inserts during normal game play I believe every one you hit just adds a combo to your total. After I think 50 combos there is a combo multball.

You can beat Venom 1 with enough shots, but it will time out if you don't hit your shots.

2 months later
#666 2 years ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

Can you beat super hero....?
Feels like it just goes on and on forever, no matter how many times i take out each villan

Yes, it ends. You don't really go for villains in super hero. When you get to the point where you're hitting sandman over and over and over you are getting close. The more extra balls you collect to get there, the longer and tougher it is to beat.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

One of the Super Hero modes it is possible to cancel out your shot if you make the same shot again. I can't remember the exact details but let's say you have too shoot each major shot once to progress to the next stage. If you shoot the left ramp twice then that cancels it out and you have to shoot it again. This may not be 100% accurate but it isn't something along those lines. I know because I was stuck on it for ages until I eventually drained. I then watched Bowen's Tutorial video and thought 'Ahhh, so that's where I was going wrong. '

Yes...you either have to turn all the shots RED or WHITE, I forget. Each shot toggles the color of the shot.

1 month later
#713 2 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I will say these thinner flipper rubbers seem to be doing the trick. I felt like nothing could get by the normal flipper rubbers with the center post. I put the thinner ones on and opened up the outlanes and the game is kickin my ass. It may not seem like much but the thinner flipper rubbers allow more balls to slip by. Here's a pic of the difference between normal and thin. It may not seem like much but it makes a difference.

Where did you buy the thinner ones? Do they last?

2 months later
#733 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Modified the backbox of a customer's bsm, huge difference. The original looks it's barely on.
ยป YouTube video

Holy color-bomb skittles-man!

5 months later
#810 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I am happy to be back in the club. I was more then lucky to find a nib 2010 spidy these days. What a moment. I did some modifikation and set it up. This game is a blast to play. Ritchies best i think.
Here are some impressions

Sweet find! Definitely one of the best!

2 weeks later
#824 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

very nice! where did you get the web armour from please?
Neil.

The 2010 versions had those stock.

2 weeks later
#850 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The inserts for the villains light steadily brighter as you progress towards completing them (dim, brighter, fully lit). If you put LEDs in without LEDOCD they are either on or off. Like I said it's not a big deal to most people but it would bother me a bit.

Yeah, but you can look at the mode inserts and/or backboard bulbs to tell where you are.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside