(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,483 posts
  • 759 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 381 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 334 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(655 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 310.
#12651 11 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Where did you get the kit?

I built mine out of spare parts, but needed a shiney new knocker plate.

I bought the cable here on pinside as I was too lazy to make one.

PPS has all the parts at a good price:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-B-10686-1

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-CBL-KNOCKER

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-01-7525

The knocker cable is also sold here in this thread by pinsider mycarlooksfast

If you dont have them, you need at least 5 of these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-38-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html

The screws go in easily, you dont even need a screw gun. Just a 1/4" nut driver will do it.

#12652 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Knocker installed!
It took all of 5 mins to install.
Use 3/8" gold screws.
The holes are already there!
There is NO software to enable (though it says its diabled), IT JUST WORKS!
Turn off the FAKE knocker sound in the menus...
Does it sound WAY better, YES!
Is it worth it? YES!

Agreed on all fronts, I did mine this week as well. So awesome.

#12653 11 months ago

Where did you get the kit?

Planetary has the CGC knocker and strike plate, that's where I ordered mine from. Just made my own harness.

#12654 11 months ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Wasn't there also some issues with Lockdown bars? I vaguely remember some peoples lockdown bars being sharp that they were getting their hand cut when they'd try to nudge.
I know one of the CCr's on location near me freaks me out because of how sharp it is.

Definitely sliced the hell out of my finger today because of a sharp edge on my SE. Went to smack the side of the machine and missed. My ring finger ran along the lower edge resulting in needing 6 stitches. Thought it was sharp when I got it a couple months ago. Guess I can say I've poured both blood and sweat into this hobby now!

#12655 11 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

https://knockers.com/
Wait... WAIT...
Thats not right

nice

#12656 11 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

Definitely sliced the hell out of my finger today because of a sharp edge on my SE. Went to smack the side of the machine and missed. My ring finger ran along the lower edge resulting in needing 6 stitches. Thought it was sharp when I got it a couple months ago. Guess I can say I've poured both blood and sweat into this hobby now!

Where exactly on the machine? Lower edge of the lock down bar? Not something I would like to happen to anyone.

#12657 11 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Where exactly on the machine? Lower edge of the lock down bar? Not something I would like to happen to anyone.

Yep lower edge right above the coin door (red line in the photo). Going to get a sanding stick to file it down. Didn't have an issue with the side rail channels but this definitely got me good.

20230605_091443 (resized).jpg20230605_091443 (resized).jpg
#12658 11 months ago

Headphones anyone?
coin door (resized).jpgcoin door (resized).jpg

I add headphones to all of my games so people can hear the call outs and music when all the games are being played.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/chicago-gaming-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-7-cg3-headphone-kit-for-chicago-gaming-systems

#12659 11 months ago

Headphones anyone?
[quoted image]
I add headphones to all of my games so people can hear the call outs and music when all the games are being played.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/chicago-gaming-headphone-kits/products/pinpac-7-cg3-headphone-kit-for-chicago-gaming-systems

That’s a clean install!

#12660 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s a clean install!

Its suoer easy to install the kit.

#12661 11 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

Oof, I'm sorry you had to experience that. That certainly is not something you expect to occur when playing around of pinball.

It might be worth reaching out to CGC before you sand it down as it might help them with their QC if they have an example of what to look out for in order to improve their quality process in hopes that no one else experiences the same problem.

Plus, at the very least, I'd hope they'd send you a new one for your troubles.

#12662 11 months ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Oof, I'm sorry you had to experience that. That certainly is not something you expect to occur when playing around of pinball.
It might be worth reaching out to CGC before you sand it down as it might help them with their QC if they have an example of what to look out for in order to improve their quality process in hopes that no one else experiences the same problem.
Plus, at the very least, I'd hope they'd send you a new one for your troubles.

I'll give that a try. I am not the original owner on it so that could impact things. Build Date was April 2022. I'll update once I hear from them.

#12663 11 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

I'll give that a try. I am not the original owner on it so that could impact things. Build Date was April 2022. I'll update once I hear from them.

Fwd them a copy of your medical bill and ask for reimbursement.

#12664 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Fwd them a copy of your medical bill and ask for reimbursement.

To the prior owner perhaps?

#12665 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Any advice for installing the brian Allen translite? This thing won’t go in flat. Everytime I put a side piece on, the middle bubbles inward.

I taped it with some clear removable tape along the edges from the back, still has some very slight cave-ins but looks perfect with the lights on. I couldn’t get it to sit flat for the life of me without the tape.

#12666 11 months ago

To the prior owner perhaps?

Why? It's not a warranty claim, they made a product that caused physical harm, CGC now has a liability issue. If they don't want to respond it something you could take to small claims court. You would think they would be falling all over themselves to make this right.

#12667 11 months ago
Quoted from chillme:

Why? It's not a warranty claim, they made a product that caused physical harm, CGC now has a liability issue. If they don't want to respond it something you could take to small claims court. You would think they would be falling all over themselves to make this right.

Maybe, but its the second owner.

All of you pinside attorneys would have to check on the liability of used goods.

I wouldnt have a clue.

But its America! Sadly, I can sue my neighbor for having a haircut I dont like....

#12668 11 months ago

Maybe, but its the second owner.

Was it modified in any way? Is a defect in an automobile exempt from manufacturer liability once the vehicle is sold to the next owner?

#12669 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Was it modified in any way? Is a defect in an automobile exempt from manufacturer liability once the vehicle is sold to the next owner?

These are insipid questions for the judges and juries here on pinside just to inflame the public I think.

But please carry on...

Or maybe run a little Emory cloth across the sharp edge and solve the problem as noted in this and other threads from other games...

Im just not "buying in" to the "Land of litigation" America has become.

#12670 11 months ago

To be honest, I'm not really all that concerned about the injury or liability of it at the moment. It was a freak thing that should heal just fine but yea that edge shouldn't be that sharp. Fingers crossed they'll replace it but if not I'll file it down. If that doesn't work I'm just going to buy a new one for it.

#12671 11 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

To be honest, I'm not really all that concerned about the injury or liability of it at the moment. It was a freak thing that should heal just fine but yea that edge shouldn't be that sharp. Fingers crossed they'll replace it but if not I'll file it down. If that doesn't work I'm just going to buy a new one for it.

CGC reached to me via the ticket I opened and they're going to take care of me.

#12672 11 months ago

These are insipid questions for the judges and juries here on pinside just to inflame the public I think.

It’s called holding people accountable. Give the company the chance to make it right. Can it be fixed at home by the end user? - Sure. But CGC should be made aware to prevent further issues. Glad they gave Deegs a solution. It’s not the first time we’ve heard of cuts from this machine, however. Last thing I want is my guests or my 4 year old needing six stitches when they hang out in my game room.

#12673 11 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Any advice for installing the brian Allen translite? This thing won’t go in flat. Everytime I put a side piece on, the middle bubbles inward.

That translite is sick, so much better than the original. Mine is kinda weird in the middle, it's not noticeable enough to concern me on location. Machine is still earning hard a year and a half later.

#12674 11 months ago

Golgotha Just received nice shooter sticker that looks really nice and can gauge your shot, plus cactus sticker for trian from Golgotha really cool

1F3D7417-F842-4AB8-A325-F0E3F318A15E (resized).png1F3D7417-F842-4AB8-A325-F0E3F318A15E (resized).pngD34B6DF2-BAC2-4540-8878-9BD7C27B7629 (resized).jpegD34B6DF2-BAC2-4540-8878-9BD7C27B7629 (resized).jpeg
#12675 11 months ago

Thorn-in-pinball pics of barts arm for Jim

306D585C-E402-4BD0-A9BE-1158A20ABD44 (resized).jpeg306D585C-E402-4BD0-A9BE-1158A20ABD44 (resized).jpeg90CC106A-9CB6-4A4F-8FA9-A801E59BA49C (resized).jpeg90CC106A-9CB6-4A4F-8FA9-A801E59BA49C (resized).jpeg
#12676 11 months ago

I’ve not been around for a while and in that time have possibly gotten out of control making modifications to my CCR. I’ve shared several of the mods in the past, but now that I’m done, (other than maybe a little cleanup), I thought I would put them all in a single video to make them easier to share. Nothing I added was purchased as an accessory specifically made for the game.

What you’ll see in the video:
A gold (solid pyrite) shooter knob. (Had to stick a red spring in there because of the weight and I had a hell of a time drilling a hole in that pyrite.)
Snakes on the flippers.
Several spot lights.
Train tracks and a trestle.
A little depot to cover the tacky original one on the left side of the tracks. (I bought a cheap model and ignored the assembly instructions.)
A train tunnel over the train where it starts. HO scale.
A canoe with Bart and Polly in it over the waterfall ramp that rocks when a ball goes by.
A spotlight with a color changing bulb comes on and flashes on the canoe when it moves
I made green cactus flasher covers to replace the red flasher domes.
I made a mine cart for on top of the mine using parts from the same model I used for the depot.
Added red lights to the ends of the guns on the apron that flash with the flashers for gun fights.
The topper you’re familiar with, (I guess it's the one accessory I did buy), but I printed out a western town and taped it to the back because the plexiglass was clear and it looked unfinished. (I’d love to have it, but couldn’t justify over a $1,000 to get a machine with the official topper.)
Of course, there’s the obligatory custom logo. (Took a selfie holding my Pieta six shooter and cartoonized it.)

No doubt you’ll like some mods better than others and possibly dislike a few and that’s fine. After playing the games my favorite thing is working on them and making little tweaks. I used motors from cheap disco lights to make rotating saucers for my Revenge From Mars and used another one to rock the CCR canoe. Anyway, I’d love to hear thoughts on the tweaks.

#12677 11 months ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Knocker installed!
It took all of 5 mins to install.
Use 3/8" gold screws.
The holes are already there!
There is NO software to enable (though it says its diabled), IT JUST WORKS!
Turn off the FAKE knocker sound in the menus...
Does it sound WAY better, YES!
Is it worth it? YES!

I installed one as well. Love it! Check out the FAQ for where to buy the parts. It's all in there.

#12678 11 months ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I’ve not been around for a while and in that time have possibly gotten out of control making modifications to my CCR. I’ve shared several of the mods in the past, but now that I’m done, (other than maybe a little cleanup), I thought I would put them all in a single video to make them easier to share. Nothing I added was purchased as an accessory specifically made for the game.
What you’ll see in the video:
A gold (solid pyrite) shooter knob. (Had to stick a red spring in there because of the weight and I had a hell of a time drilling a hole in that pyrite.)
Snakes on the flippers.
Several spot lights.
Train tracks and a trestle.
A little depot to cover the tacky original one on the left side of the tracks. (I bought a cheap model and ignored the assembly instructions.)
A train tunnel over the train where it starts. HO scale.
A canoe with Bart and Polly in it over the waterfall ramp that rocks when a ball goes by.
A spotlight with a color changing bulb comes on and flashes on the canoe when it moves
I made green cactus flasher covers to replace the red flasher domes.
I made a mine cart for on top of the mine using parts from the same model I used for the depot.
Added red lights to the ends of the guns on the apron that flash with the flashers for gun fights.
The topper you’re familiar with, (I guess it's the one accessory I did buy), but I printed out a western town and taped it to the back because the plexiglass was clear and it looked unfinished. (I’d love to have it, but couldn’t justify over a $1,000 to get a machine with the official topper.)
Of course, there’s the obligatory custom logo. (Took a selfie holding my Pieta six shooter and cartoonized it.)
No doubt you’ll like some mods better than others and possibly dislike a few and that’s fine. After playing the games my favorite thing is working on them and making little tweaks. I used motors from cheap disco lights to make rotating saucers for my Revenge From Mars and used another one to rock the CCR canoe. Anyway, I’d love to hear thoughts on the tweaks.

I like the imagination and thought to make things more fun. The canoe and train tunnel are my favorites. Nice work

#12679 11 months ago
Quoted from Deegs:

Still waiting on my ccr Le but saw your post i have an original MMR le that i ordered in stainless durring the first run of Mmr that has that same razor edge I have cut my self removing it and was going to sand it down just never got around to it but people with stainless CGC games should be aware of the possibility of a sharp edge under the lockdown this is not the case with powder coated AFmr le or MBr le both of which i own and can verify

#12680 11 months ago

I’m looking to buy an LE if anyone wants out of their pre-ordered LE.

#12681 11 months ago

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been recently discussed, but this is a lot of pages to go through.

Does anyone know the manufacturing status on CCRSE+? My order has been in since January 2022 and the wait is really starting to get old. I plan on reaching out to my distro tonight.

Thanks.

#12682 11 months ago

New high score

CChighscore (resized).jpgCChighscore (resized).jpg
#12683 11 months ago

Ok what’s the most recent SN delivered? Are we high 7’s... any 800’s?

#12684 11 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been recently discussed, but this is a lot of pages to go through.
Does anyone know the manufacturing status on CCRSE+? My order has been in since January 2022 and the wait is really starting to get old. I plan on reaching out to my distro tonight.
Thanks.

I would guess another 5 months before the LEs are finished - and then Pulp Fiction starts at some point too.

I don't see them making many SE+ games to be honest - certainly not the 1250 number that's been floated.

#12685 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Someone on here said they helped a friend set up one with a number in the low 7s, but there have not been any additional reports since then.

#12686 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m looking to buy an LE if anyone wants out of their pre-ordered LE.

Call around, many distro’s have in stock or have open spots

#12687 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade or single anyone out.

But don't a decent portion of the LE's go over sea's for non-USA LE's, it's nearing the 700's I'd be a little worried. Maybe LTG might be able to shed some light on it.

Good luck everyone I really do hope everyone gets what they preordered/ordered.

#12688 11 months ago

double post sorry.

#12689 11 months ago

Call around, many distro’s have in stock or have open spots

Just asked my main distributor got a maybe.

It’s too bad a lot of folks bought the LEs to flip seen a lot of nib for sale.

Does anyone know if I bought a nib second hand if it’d still have the factory warranty?

#12690 11 months ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

But don't a decent portion of the LE's go over sea's

All models still pending Electronic certification to be shipped.
Hope they didn't forget to do this with PF

#12691 11 months ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Thorn-in-pinball pics of barts arm for Jim
[quoted image][quoted image]

Replacement is set for tomorrow. Thanks for the pics. We got you covered.

#12692 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Waiting on a number match game 786 have not got an invoice yet so definitely not in the 800s

#12693 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:Just asked my main distributor got a maybe.
It’s too bad a lot of folks bought the LEs to flip seen a lot of nib for sale.
Does anyone know if I bought a nib second hand if it’d still have the factory warranty?

Legitimate question. Call CGC directly and ask. This is a question for the manufacturer, not the distributor, dealer, reseller, NIB flipper, etc. Get an email in writing. Don't rely on pinside hearsay. Believe me I know. For that kind of money...

#12694 11 months ago

Are we there yet?

#12695 11 months ago

I was able to buy LE 655 from a dealer in Milford CT new in box the price was raised to 10000 before tax looked like they had 6 more in the warehouse.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12696 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

All models still pending Electronic certification to be shipped.
Hope they didn't forget to do this with PF

Just had notification that some LE's are shipping to Canada next week so the issue with the certification must have been addressed.

#12697 11 months ago
Quoted from SeanWilliams:

I was able to buy LE 655 from a dealer in Milford CT new in box the price was raised to 10000 before tax looked like they had 6 more in the warehouse.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, still a great deal considering what some other pins are going for, a Stern LE $13k and JJP CE $15k.

I’m buying CC remake SE+ and a nice GoT pro for the same price of one JJP CE. Still not sure my wife is buying that I’m actually saving money by passing on the Stern and JJP LE/CEs.

#12698 11 months ago
Quoted from SeanWilliams:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m guessing a good price since it looks like you were on a waiting list since July ‘22? Was that price agreed on back then?

#12699 11 months ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Just had notification that some LE's are shipping to Canada next week so the issue with the certification must have been addressed.

kulfaz-blues-brothers.gifkulfaz-blues-brothers.gif
#12700 11 months ago

Anyone know when the expanded code will be released?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 310.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/254?hl=kcirrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.