(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14,059 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Quadrat
  • Topic is favorited by 360 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 312 votes
    52%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 90 votes
    15%
  • Special Edition [SE] 199 votes
    33%

(601 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B872F518-9EC4-45A9-AC58-9F76E7C8F11F (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20230928_075745_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_9875 (resized).jpeg
cc-se+ (resized).jpg
PXL_20230927_131331530.MP (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
7357AFA5-42D6-4647-ADB9-0297EB305C79 (resized).jpeg
1CA93166-9EB1-400D-8139-FB1FE997810F (resized).jpeg
average-room-off-small.jpg
giphy.gif
7097A6F2-1D0A-44DD-8294-A06C6BFC0120 (resized).jpeg
C6D6C5EA-31D4-42A1-9FB2-B2B6DA5DC329 (resized).jpeg
68964C72-6145-4535-B8EB-5DBDE8A08C91 (resized).jpeg
4191A434-132E-406D-8A33-8FEBF4F4E500 (resized).jpeg
A7C80A7B-F6CC-4D54-8B2F-DB184E95E7B3 (resized).jpeg
0C2C2209-66B4-42BB-8858-F37A730D0CE5 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 282.
#12701 3 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone know when the expanded code will be released?

Looks like sometime next year.

#12702 3 months ago

Expanded code ships with the game and is enabled by default.

#12703 3 months ago

No is the simple and true answer.

#12704 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Ok what’s the most recent SN delivered? Are we high 7’s... any 800’s?

I just received 70x LE

#12705 3 months ago

You mean the Lyman update ? Yes. Josh posted this over a month ago :

"Since the unfortunate passing of Lyman the only work that has been done the last 15 months was the putting together of the "to-do list" of what's left to finish the upgrade. The number of people that have been working full time on design, software, graphics and audio has been . . . ZERO.

Everyone on the CGC side was already set with their 2022 plans (Pulp Fiction development among other things). It was on Lyman and myself to pull this through in 2022 and that of course didn't happen.

Now that CGC is through most of that other 2022 work, I'm hopeful that there will be some serious progress made during this year because resources should finally be available.

For the record, there is already a ton of upgraded content that is in the game. IMO there's already enough upgraded content that I feel confident we could ship what's in my game today and people would absolutely enjoy it.

However, I'm not interested in doing 'good enough' on this project, especially regarding the circumstances surrounding it. I owe it Lyman and I owe it to myself to finish off the totality of our complete vision for the game, and that's what I intend on doing regardless of how long it takes to get it done. "

LTG : )

#12706 3 months ago

#737 has made it.

#12707 3 months ago

Just bought LE #204. I have a slot for a SE+ that I will sell for $500. Topper is Badass. Dont let this get away. PM me if interested.

Added 107 days ago:

My CCRSE+ with topper has arrived at Flip-n-out Pinball in Evansville Indiana, and I want to sell my reservation (spot). I have already purchased a LE model of this title but I previously paid $250.00 for the deposit which cant be refunded.

I am making NO money on this deal. I am just looking to get my deposit of $250.00 back.

Details:
You purchase my reservation for $250.00, and you can pick up the NIB CCRSE+ with topper from Flipin-out-Pinball the very next day, or you can arrange shipping details WITH FOP.

All change of ownership details will be provided to, and confirmed by Zach M. at FOP.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

The balance due to FOP is for this pin is $9000.00 which is the current price for this title NIB.

You will very likely not get this title any quicker that this, and it has taken a year and a half for this one to be available to me. It is ready to go, and it has no mark-up in cost. In other words - NO WAITING! NO MARKUPS!

Please feel free to PM if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.

Added 107 days ago:

My CCRSE+ with topper has arrived at Flip-n-out Pinball in Evansville Indiana, and I want to sell my reservation (spot). I have already purchased a LE model of this title but I previously paid $250.00 for the deposit which cant be refunded.

I am making NO money on this deal. I am just looking to get my deposit of $250.00 back.

Details:
You purchase my reservation for $250.00, and you can pick up the NIB CCRSE+ with topper from Flipin-out-Pinball the very next day, or you can arrange shipping details WITH FOP.

All change of ownership details will be provided to, and confirmed by Zach M. at FOP.
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/

The balance due to FOP is for this pin is $9000.00 which is the current price for this title NIB.

You will very likely not get this title any quicker that this, and it has taken a year and a half for this one to be available to me. It is ready to go, and it has no mark-up in cost. In other words - NO WAITING! NO MARKUPS!

Please feel free to PM if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.

#12708 3 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Just bought LE #204. I have a slot for a SE+ that I will sell for $500. Topper is Badass. Dont let this get away. PM me if interested.

I'm considering buying a Cactus Canyon. Curious why someone wouldn't just contact a dealer and pre-order an SE+ for MSRP?

#12709 3 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I just received 70x LE

Whoah, 70 LE's are a lot of money

#12710 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackEuropa:

I'm considering buying a Cactus Canyon. Curious why someone wouldn't just contact a dealer and pre-order an SE+ for MSRP?

They are making these after the LEs so still a ways away... if your not in a hurry pre-order.

#12711 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackEuropa:

I was told that the se+ (with topper) was also limited and they could all be spoken for, maybe I am wrong. I would just be getting back my deposit here. Plus, it would hopefully be one of the earlier pins made. Not making money, just breaking even.

#12712 3 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Hey guys. Sorry if this has been recently discussed, but this is a lot of pages to go through.
Does anyone know the manufacturing status on CCRSE+? My order has been in since January 2022 and the wait is really starting to get old. I plan on reaching out to my distro tonight.
Thanks.

I got a email from my distributor that my SE+ is in stock and will be shipping on Monday 6-12-23. I ordered it in September of 22.

#12713 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They are making these after the LEs so still a ways away... if your not in a hurry pre-order.

That isn’t true. My SE+ arrives this week.

#12714 3 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:

I got a email from my distributor that my SE+ is in stock and will be shipping on Monday 6-12-23. I ordered it in September of 22.

I ordered my SE+ one year ago today. Hopefully I don’t have to wait to much longer.

#12715 3 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

I was told that the se+ (with topper) was also limited and they could all be spoken for, maybe I am wrong. I would just be getting back my deposit here. Plus, it would hopefully be one of the earlier pins made. Not making money, just breaking even.

So then if someone were to pickup your spot and deposit, the deposit would then be applied toward the purchase price? Or is the deposit non-transferable?

#12716 3 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:

That isn’t true. My SE+ arrives this week.

I’m also hearing my se+ may be coming very soon.

#12717 3 months ago

I had to look back November 3, 2021 I placed my deposit for an LE....

Will they ship to Canada soon? I certainly hope so.

#12718 3 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’m also hearing my se+ may be coming very soon.

When did you order?

#12719 3 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I ordered my SE+ one year ago today. Hopefully I don’t have to wait to much longer.

I ordered my LE 18 months ago, and I'm hoping I don't have to wait too much longer either.

#12720 3 months ago

June 2022

#12721 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackEuropa:

Anyone wanting an SE+ please lmk as I do not need my preorder from Zach and would love not to lose my $250. It can be transferred to you no problem. Lmk

Thanks

#12722 3 months ago

How sweet is this. Very well made and actually quite heavy. Install took 30 seconds. Only mild complaint I have is the 2 pieces have a slightly different shade bit so does the mezel mods sign I am using as well.

Nice job BackAlleyMatt

IMG_7764 (resized).jpegIMG_7764 (resized).jpegIMG_7765 (resized).jpegIMG_7765 (resized).jpegIMG_7766 (resized).jpegIMG_7766 (resized).jpegIMG_7767 (resized).jpegIMG_7767 (resized).jpegIMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7768 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7769 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpegIMG_7770 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpegIMG_7771 (resized).jpeg

IMG_7773 (resized).jpegIMG_7773 (resized).jpegIMG_7772 (resized).jpegIMG_7772 (resized).jpegIMG_7774 (resized).jpegIMG_7774 (resized).jpegIMG_7775 (resized).jpegIMG_7775 (resized).jpegIMG_7776 (resized).jpegIMG_7776 (resized).jpeg

#12723 3 months ago
Quoted from BlackEuropa:

So then if someone were to pickup your spot and deposit, the deposit would then be applied toward the purchase price? Or is the deposit non-transferable?

I am now thinking that my deposit was $250.00. I would check, and I would be making no money.

I have already paid the distro $250 for the SE+ deposit .
John Doe would pay me $250.

I would email the distro and and request that John Doe become the new owner of the reservation, with John Doe on the copy and all parties agreeing. BTW, my reservation is through Zach at Flip-n-out pinball.

#12724 3 months ago

With Zach it is transferrable and it is why I am selling my spot

#12725 3 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

How sweet is this. Very well made and actually quite heavy. Install took 30 seconds. Only mild complaint I have is the 2 pieces have a slightly different shade bit so does the mezel mods sign I am using as well.
Nice job BackAlleyMatt
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! The rock mod and train tracks from Matt just arrived. Excited to install them.

#12726 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I built mine out of spare parts, but needed a shiney new knocker plate.
I bought the cable here on pinside as I was too lazy to make one.
PPS has all the parts at a good price:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-B-10686-1
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-CBL-KNOCKER
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-01-7525
The knocker cable is also sold here in this thread by pinsider mycarlooksfast
If you dont have them, you need at least 5 of these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-38-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html
The screws go in easily, you dont even need a screw gun. Just a 1/4" nut driver will do it.

Also, I've shipped about 200 knocker cables for CCR and many more for the other remakes, I'm even linked to in the FAQ (and since I list mine on pinside, robin et al actually get a cut).

In fact, look who ordered a cable from me:

mycarlooksfast #220133900064

#12727 3 months ago

I was looking at the reviews for cactus canyon remake and was wondering why LEs don't have thier own ratings? All the other remakes are separated

#12728 3 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I was looking at the reviews for cactus canyon remake and was wondering why LEs don't have thier own ratings? All the other remakes are separated

Too many categories. CCr and CC are fine.

MMr categories turned into a joke.

#12729 3 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Rate it!

Its needs more ratings to make it a category.

#12730 3 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Rate it!
Its needs more ratings to make it a category.

Okay thanks, that's why it's not showing yet. I found it when searching by game name.

I haven't got mine yet so I will wait and rate it when it arrives, and I've played it some.

Come on everyone, 7 more ratings and it makes the list.

#12731 3 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I had to look back November 3, 2021 I placed my deposit for an LE....
Will they ship to Canada soon? I certainly hope so.

Just had confirmation from P1AG that they have indeed arrived and come and get em........oh but pay for it first

#12732 3 months ago

Hey guys. Question about the animated rock-slid over the mine entrance. Does that animation have any strategic purpose to the game, or is if purely for visuals? Almost looks like it could be used to block the ball especially considering the induction switch just in front of the opening.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12733 3 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Hey guys. Question about the animated rock-slid over the mine entrance. Does that animation have any strategic purpose to the game, or is if purely for visuals? Almost looks like it could be used to block the ball especially considering the induction switch just in front of the opening.[quoted image]

It's there to somewhat block the entrance. You can get it in there but it's more difficult to. You have to be pretty accurate off the right flipper or get a lucky ricochet. When it's not up of course.

#12734 3 months ago

GET YOUR NIB CCRSE+ TOMORROW FROM FLIP-N-OUT PINBALL

My SE+ with topper has arrived at Flip-n-out Pinball in Evansville In, and I need to sell my reservation. I have already paid $250.00 for the deposit on the machine.

You buy my reservation for $250.00 now, you pick up the SE+ tomorrow (6/14/2023). Balance due to the distro is $9K. I am making no money on this deal.

PM if interested.

#12735 3 months ago

Has anyone had an issue with the train not going down the tracks in the Save Polly mode? When the mode starts it moves a quarter inch then stops and doesn’t move again. When I go into the test menu the train seems to work as normal.

#12736 3 months ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

Has anyone had an issue with the train not going down the tracks in the Save Polly mode? When the mode starts it moves a quarter inch then stops and doesn’t move again. When I go into the test menu the train seems to work as normal.

Maybe the train ramp switch needs adjustment.

It pauses the train.

#12737 3 months ago

Our first shipment of CCr SE+ arrived at our store today.

IMG_6533 (resized).jpegIMG_6533 (resized).jpeg
#12738 3 months ago

Curious if anyone has gotten one of Matt’s Polly mods from Back Alley Creations yet and what their overall thoughts\opinions are.

Pics installed would also be great if possible.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-mods/products/polly-on-log

Thanks

#12739 3 months ago

I got the call from PlayerOne Montreal Today, LE's have arrived !!! I'm getting mine tomorrow

#12740 3 months ago

Richards game anyone?

#12741 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Richards game anyone?

Richards game at the border.

#12742 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Curious if anyone has gotten one of Matt’s Polly mods from Back Alley Creations yet and what their overall thoughts\opinions are.
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-mods/products/polly-on-log
Thanks

I got mine in the mail from Matt one day last week. Wish I could show you a picture of it installed, but I haven't received my CCRSE pin yet.

However, I really like the mod and it does look good. The detail and paint apps look great and I think she's a good size as well. I can't get the picture to download on Pinside though.

She comes with a blue in color ramp cover, with some rocks and a sign. The blue plastic somehow attaches to the ramp, possibly by using the existing screws, but I can't tell. I had Matt ship my Polly mod with the rocks and the sign being loose (Polly came loose off the blue plastic as well), but I'm going to somehow incorporate Mezel Mods Falls sign because I think it looks better than Matt's sign.

Overall I think you're going to be pleased with the Polly mod and I can't wait to install it in my pin once I receive it. Took awhile to get the mod, but Matt always comes thru and responds to emails in an orderly fashion.

#12743 3 months ago

Thanks

So many things about this mod look goofy and out of proportion.

Her legs are too long for her body, and legs are ghost white (or she's wearing white skin tight stockings that don't match the era.)

Her dress defies gravity, and her strange blue boots are huge, and her feet look twice as big as her head.

Maybe it's better in person, but from the pic, it looks way too odd and overbearing.
4_c2b94702-3fc7-493c-9016-8f400eaa8d60_480x480 (resized).jpg4_c2b94702-3fc7-493c-9016-8f400eaa8d60_480x480 (resized).jpg

#12744 3 months ago

Just got word from Zach at FlipNOut PInball that my CCRSE Plus ships today. Just in time for Father's Day (hopefully)

You Say WOO and I say HOO!!!

Woo Hoo!

#12745 3 months ago

Can someone please help me understand how to play the topper shootout? I have watched the video examples but am not groking how each flip activation moves the led lights, and how to time that with the doubleflip to “shoot”

Thanks!

#12746 3 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Can someone please help me understand how to play the topper shootout? I have watched the video examples but am not groking how each flip activation moves the led lights, and how to time that with the doubleflip to “shoot”
Thanks!

There is no "doubleflip" to shoot, just hold the flipper down (moving the lights) until you reach the lighted bad guy and he will be shot.

#12747 3 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

So many things about this mod look goofy and out of proportion.
Her legs are too long for her body, and legs are ghost white (or she's wearing white skin tight stockings that don't match the era.)
Her dress defies gravity, and her strange blue boots are huge, and her feet look twice as big as her head.
Maybe it's better in person, but from the pic, it looks way too odd and overbearing.
[quoted image]

I agree, and as I posted before it looks like the rope would be 4" in diameter if full scale to me.

#12748 3 months ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

I got the call from PlayerOne Montreal Today, LE's have arrived !!! I'm getting mine tomorrow

Oh Canada baby - new CCLE on board ready for fun once it's set up....

20230614_111728 (resized).jpg20230614_111728 (resized).jpg
#12749 3 months ago

About time! Nice to see you guys finally getting your games!

#12750 3 months ago

Thanks

Wow, 300 us or 410 CDN plus shipping, for a toy that looks like it came out of a Happy Meal!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 14,059 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 282.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.