(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 309.
#8201 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disingenuous.
My narrative has been pretty damn consistent.
Ryan told me that providing what we all think as simple details invariably and consistently leads him to spend more time dealing with calls and concerns from people who just want to know about the impact to THEIR game because for whatever reason the information is not good enough. It is disappointing that happens but isn’t that hard a concept to grasp.
And a key point that a small handful just don’t seem to get - because we get stuck in this loop - is that, no matter how easy you think it is, CGC has made a business decision that the cost (presumably time) outweighs the benefit. Many here emphatically disagree. And that’s fine. But nothing is going to change unless CGC perceives business value to changing.

So you are saying that CGC communicating with customers/distributors is causing delays. Thanks

#8202 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

So you are saying that CGC communicating with customers/distributors is causing delays. Thanks

You know exactly what I said. You want to twist it to fit your own narrative, be my guest.

If you actually don’t know what I said then it seems the problem is indeed communication - that you and others have serious issues with reading comprehension.

#8203 1 year ago

So how is it possible to have an OP changed on a thread ?

#8204 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ha ha ha… this is classic. Any business owner would probably agree with me, a 1 year lead time expectation is not UNREASONABLE and taking an order for a product with a year plus lead time WITHOUT ANY COMMUNICATION of the lead time being that long, that unpredictable, or that unprofessional is not what one expects from a reputable entertainment vendor. Because clearly, by every business standard I’ve worked under, it has always been in a company’s best interest to go silent when they are in trouble, no mater if the issue is just a delay in shipped parts or a complete technical rework of a component.
I stand on my first statement-
Nobody , -NOT EVEN THE BEST MARKETEER- can spin the lack of communication from a vendor who is late on delivery as a positive. FULL STOP

Agree. I don't really understand some of the logic in this thread. As a small business owner, I face parts and shipping delays all the time that are out of my control. Sometimes customers are waiting an extra 4-12 weeks for their finished Lit Frame to arrive. I reach out to them personally to inform them of the latest delivery timing of their product and sometimes offer a discount if they choose to patiently wait the extra time as a thank you for their patronage and understanding. My business has been built on customer service (open communication) and a quality product. Personally, I missed out on the CCr LE and I recently decided to pick up an SE from Flip n' Out and it was here in 2 days. I'm also waiting for an MMr rerun which may or may not happen in 2023, but I've found other things to do in the mean time as I can't control what goes on behind the walls at CGC.

#8205 1 year ago

This thread has gotten real negative. Is this an owners thread or a complain about not being an owner yet thread? I typically look for gameplay, scoring, troubleshooting, common problems, mods, etc. Here it’s just CGC lack of communication and lack of delivering LE’s. I’ve had my game for quite awhile now. We have been playing the crap out of it. There are SE’s all over the place. Why can’t the constant vitriol be in a separate thread where you just complain about CGC? Then you can all marinate in your own hatred. Let the CCr owners thread be for people who own the game. And @jfh, I wouldn’t respond to these people anymore. I had a problem and Ryan just called me out of the blue to discuss it with me. They seem committed to making great quality games. I’m sure they want to sell these games as it’s their business. I have 3 remakes and they are the best built, most trouble free games I’ve ever owned. I’m sorry that you guys haven’t gotten your games yet. But come on, enough is enough.

#8206 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This thread has gotten real negative.

Positive or negative ... it's a forum ..
Everyone looking for information.
Glad you got your game but lots still waiting and customers outside of the US are still waiting for approval to ship outside of US...
This has been badly handled .
They make a great product but just can't get a handle on producing them or updating distros on delays .

#8207 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ryan told me that providing what we all think as simple details invariably and consistently leads him to spend more time dealing with calls and concerns from people who just want to know about the impact to THEIR game because for whatever reason the information is not good enough. It is disappointing that happens but isn’t that hard a concept to grasp.

And it's been said.. just because Ryan says it, doesn't make it true or the right conclusion. You repeating their claims and arguing like like "this is the way it needs to be" just makes you complicit in their whitewashing.

The difference between effective communication and poor has been laid out previously... just because when they did a poor job of it before lead to more work for them doesn't mean 'no comms' is the right choice.

You have this same pattern over and over... you take their word as gospel and run with that one perspective. Even in the face of mounds of contradictory angles... you stick to parroting what you were told w/o question. And if cornered... defend to say it was just CGC's line... well, maybe let CGC defend themselves instead of you being the megaphone. It's not doing you any favors.

#8208 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree 100%
But the key point is “who is late on delivery”. A number of people keep harping on “CGC has missed deadlines or multiple deadlines” yet they haven’t missed a single one. NO ONE who placed an order got a confirmed delivery date and CGC has NEVER said everyone will get their game by x date.

LOL
deadlines (resized).jpegdeadlines (resized).jpeg

Stop the spin doctoring...

#8209 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Disingenuous.
And a key point that a small handful just don’t seem to get - because we get stuck in this loop - is that, no matter how easy you think it is, CGC has made a business decision that the cost (presumably time) outweighs the benefit. Many here emphatically disagree. And that’s fine. But nothing is going to change unless CGC perceives business value to changing.

Then they need to hire extra people to deal with calls for issues and delays it’s called customer service. Business 101 for timelines they defaulted on again and again that’s not a hard concept to grasp are you kidding me right now!!!!! Unacceptable period end of story.

#8210 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Agreed JR zombie shill

#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree 100%
But the key point is “who is late on delivery”. A number of people keep harping on “CGC has missed deadlines or multiple deadlines” yet they haven’t missed a single one. NO ONE who placed an order got a confirmed delivery date and CGC has NEVER said everyone will get their game by x date.

This is getting ridiculous.

#8212 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

.. just because Ryan says it, doesn't make it true

Well, that’s a whole different problem then, isn’t it? If you’re going to assume what he says isn’t true, why should he say anything?

Quoted from flynnibus:

or the right conclusion.

Of course not. There are all sorts of conclusions by many in this thread. Some reasonable, some ridiculous.

I agree with you 100% about the difference between effective and poor communication. I have said repeatedly that I don’t agree with the path that CGC has chosen, just that I can understand how the decision was made.

And GreenMachine19 is right. It’s pretty clear that some believe that they can somehow shame CGC in participating here. I’d love to see that move to another thread but I got slammed the last time I suggested that.

It would be nice if we could all just agree that, as frustrated as we might be, there are things we can’t control or (reasonably) change and get back to talking about the game.

#8213 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Positive or negative ... it's a forum ..
Everyone looking for information.
Glad you got your game but lots still waiting and customers outside of the US are still waiting for approval to ship outside of US...
This has been badly handled .
They make a great product but just can't get a handle on producing them or updating distros on delays .

It’s just unfortunate that that an owners thread is diluted with this crap. You are right, it’s a forum. But there is a reason there are different threads instead of one big one. I open Pinside and think oh look 100 unread posts. Maybe some cool stuff. Nope. I just don’t feel like this is the thread for I’m angry about not getting my game yet. I would start the “I want my game and I want it now” thread but I don’t want to listen to it anymore. I wish you had your game but I can’t control it if Canada has some special import rules. So I guess I will avoid this thread and wait to hear info pertinent to the actual game from another source so you guys can beat on jfh. jfh there is an ignore button for the people that are hanging on your every post and picking it apart.

#8214 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You know exactly what I said. You want to twist it to fit your own narrative, be my guest.
If you actually don’t know what I said then it seems the problem is indeed communication - that you and others have serious issues with reading comprehension.

Your post says you have direct quotes from CGC that communicating and responding to customers was taking so much time that it was hurting the company.

Quoted from jfh:

Disingenuous.
Ryan told me that providing what we all think as simple details invariably and consistently leads him to spend more time dealing with calls and concerns from people who just want to know about the impact to THEIR game because for whatever reason the information is not good enough.

I'm only using your words, and there are a lot of them.

For the record, I recommend everyone getting a CCr SE. It's a fantastic game and my whole family loves it. I would LOVE for this thread to get back to talking about the actual game, but that won't happen. We're 14 months in and we are a LONG way away from everyone getting their games (I really feel for the SE+ buyers)

#8215 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Your posts says you have direct quotes from CGC that communicating and responding to customers was taking so much time that is was hurting the company.

That is a very negative and unfair spin on what I said.

Quoted from pch3727:

I would LOVE for this thread to get back to talking about the actual game, but that won't happen.

It will if you and a few others let it.

If you have an honest interest in this conversation, PM me and I’ll be glad to continue.

#8216 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That is a very negative and unfair spin on what I said.
If you have an honest interest in this conversation, PM me and I’ll be glad to continue.

LOL, how is that unfair? It's your own words.

#8217 1 year ago

Pivoting back to the purpose of this thread -

I’m now able to expand the FAQ which will allow additional (and previously deleted) info and will work on that over the holiday.

If anyone has suggestions for topics/questions/additions they would like to see, please post here or PM me.

#8218 1 year ago

I'll check back in about 1000 posts when hopefully this thread is back on track or the bickering has at least moved to a "Pinball Manufacture Delays and How it Makes us Feel" thread...

#8219 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pivoting back to the purpose of this thread -
I’m now able to expand the FAQ which will allow additional (and previously deleted) info and will work on that over the holiday.
If anyone has suggestions for topics/questions/additions they would like to see, please post here or PM me.

Looking forward to this! The FAQ section is awesome. I especially like the "modifications" and "things to watch for".

#8220 1 year ago

I saw a ton of new posts and was hoping there were more LE's getting delivered. That hope was short lived

#8221 1 year ago

Completed poll.

Quoted from jfh:

Congratulations. Please select SE in the poll in the first post if you haven’t done so already.

#8222 1 year ago

Update on the FAQ:

The FAQ is being split over the first two posts roughly split into CCr general info and useful stuff after you have your game.

It will take some time, so pardon the mess during construction.

#8223 1 year ago

I feel like I have made my point without being negative. Happy to help however I can going forward. CGC knows where they stand in customers’ minds. Great games, poor communication, long undefined lead times. I promise not to beat the dead horse anymore. I appreciate the team taking their time to get it right and understand delaying delivery isn’t in their financial interest. Therefore, they’re not doing it to spite us; It may actually be to our benefit! However, it would go a long way towards tempering emotions to offer some transparency. Nobody here understands or can explain why games started shipping then stopped. Only CGC can. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to know why or be told how long before operations resume. And if they’re reworking a part to “get it right” for customers, that would be something for their PR team to celebrate, not hide. Thanks jfh for maintaining this thread. I don’t always agree with what you say or how you say it but here we are and that’s enough. Ultimately we’re all owners with the same desire. Can’t wait to participate here from the other side! Merry Christmas everyone.

#8224 1 year ago

This thread has gotten real negative. Is this an owners thread or a complain about not being an owner yet thread? I typically look for gameplay, scoring, troubleshooting, common problems, mods, etc. Here it’s just CGC lack of communication and lack of delivering LE’s. I’ve had my game for quite awhile now. We have been playing the crap out of it. There are SE’s all over the place. Why can’t the constant vitriol be in a separate thread where you just complain about CGC? Then you can all marinate in your own hatred. Let the CCr owners thread be for people who own the game. And jfh, I wouldn’t respond to these people anymore. I had a problem and Ryan just called me out of the blue to discuss it with me. They seem committed to making great quality games. I’m sure they want to sell these games as it’s their business. I have 3 remakes and they are the best built, most trouble free games I’ve ever owned. I’m sorry that you guys haven’t gotten your games yet. But come on, enough is enough.

Couldn’t have said it any better!

#8225 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So has CGC reached out to existing SE owners about a design flaw? I read earlier that current CGC delays are due to an existing design flaw? Is this true or just rumor?

I haven't been to Pinside for a while, so I don't know if any answers have been put forth.

It's my understanding that at least 1 of the issues (there may be more), was that there was a roto-molded part that turned out to be an incorrect size.

Roto-molded parts are made in a mold and shrink somewhat after cooling. If the plastic recipe changes the parts may be a slightly different size than the originals. Or if the parts are just the wrong size, the molds will have to be remade and the process restarted.

Not sure if this is the current issue or not, but that was an issue once.

Robert

#8226 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I feel like I have made my point without being negative. Happy to help however I can going forward. CGC knows where they stand in customers’ minds. Great games, poor communication, long undefined lead times. I promise not to beat the dead horse anymore. I appreciate the team taking their time to get it right and understand delaying delivery isn’t in their financial interest. Therefore, they’re not doing it to spite us; It may actually be to our benefit! However, it would go a long way towards tempering emotions to offer some transparency. Nobody here understands or can explain why games started shipping then stopped. Only CGC can. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want to know why or be told how long before operations resume. And if they’re reworking a part to “get it right” for customers, that would be something for their PR team to celebrate, not hide. Thanks jfh for maintaining this thread. I don’t always agree with what you say or how you say it but here we are and that’s enough. Ultimately we’re all owners with the same desire. Can’t wait to participate here from the other side! Merry Christmas everyone.

The post that brought balance to the force! Well said. Agree with it all. I really hope everyone that wants to can enjoy this game sooner than later.

#8227 1 year ago

It’s just unfortunate that that an owners thread is diluted with this crap. You are right, it’s a forum. But there is a reason there are different threads instead of one big one. I open Pinside and think oh look 100 unread posts. Maybe some cool stuff. Nope. I just don’t feel like this is the thread for I’m angry about not getting my game yet. I would start the “I want my game and I want it now” thread but I don’t want to listen to it anymore. I wish you had your game but I can’t control it if Canada has some special import rules. So I guess I will avoid this thread and wait to hear info pertinent to the actual game from another source so you guys can beat on jfh. jfh there is an ignore button for the people that are hanging on your every post and picking it apart.

I said it before, but the op themselves is heavily contributing to the volume of crap posts by engaging with anyone who vents or has a complaint. If they would have the wisdom to stop, useless post count would drop a whole lot. (Including this post - how meta!). Yet, I waste my breath, I know.

#8228 1 year ago

Everyone felt the price of an LE was a great value in 2021. I am pretty happy about getting a great machine with a topper in 2023 at a great 2021 price.

#8229 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Everyone felt the price of an LE was a great value in 2021. I am pretty happy about getting a great machine with a topper in 2023 at a great 2021 price.

Stern Elvira went up roughly $2k during the same time period.

#8230 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I said it before, but the op themselves is heavily contributing to the volume of crap posts by engaging with anyone who vents or has a complaint.

This ........ stick with FAQ its well done !

#8231 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Ah...ah...ah... Absolutely not the same here in France... I sign for an LE for 12.2k€ and now with €/$ currency i will pay it more than 15k€ when it will be here....

#8232 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I said it before, but the op themselves is heavily contributing to the volume of crap posts by engaging with anyone who vents or has a complaint. If they would have the wisdom to stop, useless post count would drop a whole lot.

In fairness, it’s not all on me. It is also true that if those wanting to vent, complain or go off topic were to move that elsewhere as previously suggested the useless post count would drop even more. It takes two to tango.

#8233 1 year ago

For those LE owners with the topper installed and legs set at a normal/typical height:

Can someone please verify the height of the topper from the floor to the top of the arc of arm movements or top of the topper, whichever is higher, so we can confirm the earlier estimates with real world numbers? Thanks!

#8234 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I said it before, but the op themselves is heavily contributing to the volume of crap posts by engaging with anyone who vents or has a complaint.

Quoted from jfh:

In fairness, it’s not all on me. It is also true that if those wanting to vent, complain or go off topic were to move that elsewhere as previously suggested the useless post count would drop even more. It takes two to tango.

download.jpgdownload.jpg

#8235 1 year ago

I ordered my CC from Cointaker today, so I guess I joined the club. It will arrive on Thursday or Friday this week. In addition to the game, I ordered the fluorescent plastic protects, Flyland art blades, train track, and shaker motor. I'll also add some under cabinet lighting.

As always, Melissa at Cointaker was great to work with!

#8236 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You can start your own thread. Or better still, you can leave this one if you do not like it.

#8237 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You can start your own thread. Or better still, you can leave this one if you do not like it.

My buddy ... transprtr4uaddicted
Just like from your BFF

#8238 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I ordered my CC from Cointaker today, so I guess I joined the club. It will arrive on Thursday or Friday this week. In addition to the game, I ordered the fluorescent plastic protects, Flyland art blades, train track, and shaker motor. I'll also add some under cabinet lighting.
As always, Melissa at Cointaker was great to work with!

Nice!

#8239 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

In fairness, he didn’t didn’t say it’s all on you.

#8240 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just have someone start another thread where everyone that is unhappy with CGC can vent.

#8241 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:Just have someone start another thread where everyone that is unhappy with CGC can vent.

Won’t work, some happy person is bound to infiltrate.

#8242 1 year ago

For those who want to continue the discussion of CGC production related topics:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-gaming-production-and-communication-discussion

#8243 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-gaming-production-and-communication-discussion

Hell no! ... I'm staying here !

Great.. now 3 threads of yes your right but no your wrong ...

#8244 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Hell no! ... I'm staying here !
Great.. now 3 threads of yes your right but no your wrong ...

…and Stern is worse!!

#8245 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whoa, hold on there, pard’ner…. A complaint thread started by you?!? Is this blasphemy or idiocracy? I can’t tell which anymore…

#8246 1 year ago

Well gosh, I've had my deposit in for an LE since day one, but since I dont't have it yet I guess I'm technically not an owner.

I see this tIme period waiting for games to ship as a kind of "get to know you" time. And I try to keep an open mind and I see merit to both sides of this fractured group.

This latest turn of events...well, I guess I just don't feel welcome here anymore.

#8247 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

I guess I just don't feel welcome here anymore.

Welcome my friend. I hope you'll always be welcome here !

LTG : )

#8248 1 year ago

So, I received my sheriff coins today, bought 20 of them to give away to whoever gets a high score on my CCr. They look much nicer than the crappy cell phone pic shows and are the size of a silver dollar. Love the game, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Bob

IMG_4742b (resized).jpgIMG_4742b (resized).jpg

#8249 1 year ago

On a positive note with CGC....at least they're not going to raise the price like Stern does when production gets pushed out to a future date!

#8250 1 year ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

So, I received my sheriff coins today, bought 20 of them to give away to whoever gets a high score, etc.

Cool. Where did you get them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.