pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 147.
#7201 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a "call for pricing." Quotes from $15,999 to $18,000 have been reported to be given from various distributors.
ex:
https://nitropinball.com/products/galactic-tank-force-signature-edition-call-for-price

IMG_0960.gifIMG_0960.gif
#7202 5 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I hope I can play the game one day someplace.

Just run over to Dulles and Ocelot

1 week later
#7203 4 months ago

Just returned from Pincinnati and was finally able to play 4 recent releases that have eluded most of us: long lines to play these unless you arrived early.

Elton John LE- extremely colorful, very fun to shoot and play. Scoring was unbalanced- bad switch or software? Gorgeous table, amazing light show. Great music/sound quality-and yes-great flipper feel.

PF- one of the traveling prototypes- rather simple easy to understand rule set- hard to master. Great theme integration- very fun to play. Rock solid hardware- never saw the game down.

Queen- flippers unfortunately weak- so difficult to shoot. Seemed to have more troubles than the other games. Great music- art and lights ok.

GTF- deluxe “low tier” version. Stunning artwork and fun to shoot except for the bash tank. You quickly learned to stay away until MB. Game was down because of an autolauncher problem- fixed- up and running the next day. There were some software glitches and (my) game had to be rebooted. Theme and sounds were entertaining. Good flipper feel and fun to play.

Overall - pleasantly surprised with GTF- I could definitely see one in my future. However I plan to wait a year or so- let time cure the software/hardware bugs.

#7204 4 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Just returned from Pincinnati and was finally able to play 4 recent releases that have eluded most of us: long lines to play these unless you arrived early.
Elton John LE- extremely colorful, very fun to shoot and play. Scoring was unbalanced- bad switch or software? Gorgeous table, amazing light show. Great music/sound quality-and yes-great flipper feel.
PF- one of the traveling prototypes- rather simple easy to understand rule set- hard to master. Great theme integration- very fun to play. Rock solid hardware- never saw the game down.
Queen- flippers unfortunately weak- so difficult to shoot. Seemed to have more troubles than the other games. Great music- art and lights ok.
GTF- deluxe “low tier” version. Stunning artwork and fun to shoot except for the bash tank. You quickly learned to stay away until MB. Game was down because of an autolauncher problem- fixed- up and running the next day. There were some software glitches and (my) game had to be rebooted. Theme and sounds were entertaining. Good flipper feel and fun to play.
Overall - pleasantly surprised with GTF- I could definitely see one in my future. However I plan to wait a year or so- let time cure the software/hardware bugs.

Good recap, the GTF there was a little frustrating to play because it wasn't level (shocking that would happen at a Pinball show, I know! ) but after I leveled it during after-hours Saturday night I really enjoyed it. I was purposly shooting the tank targets with half flips on some of my last games and found it to be fairly safe and controllable as long as you didn't nail them full-blast. We coulldn't really hear any of the video clips so I just skipped them, can't really comment on those, but the game shoots well and has some fun elements. It's certainly an awesome art and lighting package.

#7205 4 months ago

Has anyone had an idea of putting a kinetic ball setup sorta like cue ball wizard for the target bank.

If someone took a small strong rod bent it and mounted it to the tank and added another ball it could make the bank less dangerous to shoot.

I mean you could just hit the ball and have it do its work while your ball is doing the work that you want.

1 week later
#7206 4 months ago

Just sent in a deposit for a DE... but am now in the middle of Electric Batcast episode 8. I am very nervous about whether or not these DEs are going to function. Rachel and Kale's (sp?) updates were... alarming. I'm really hoping for stable code before order fulfillment. Fingers crossed...

(spoilers: Basically, their DE isn't keeping track of balls, and other issues. Updated beta code completely bricked their pin. They're getting a replacement pin from AP, but they're saying that other operators(?) are having similar issues, and it's code based, but the source of the problem in the 19gb of code still hasn't been identified.

I'm assuming the vast majority of that 19gb is video clips.)

#7207 4 months ago

I did the last software update and mine was fine but I heard others had problems. Wonder if the file could get corrupted with such a large download. My impression is those who had issues got it sorted eventually- faster write speed card etc.

#7208 4 months ago

FYI the memory stick must be reformatted before saving the update file onto it. Simply deleting the files and making the thumb drive appear empty isn’t enough. When I did it that way my Hot Wheels got stuck in a boot loop. I reformatted the stick, re saved the American update onto it, and plugged it into the pin. Turned on power and it fixed the problem.

#7209 4 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Just sent in a deposit for a DE... but am now in the middle of Electric Batcast episode 8. I am very nervous about whether or not these DEs are going to function. Rachel and Kale's (sp?) updates were... alarming. I'm really hoping for stable code before order fulfillment. Fingers crossed...
(spoilers: Basically, their DE isn't keeping track of balls, and other issues. Updated beta code completely bricked their pin. They're getting a replacement pin from AP, but they're saying that other operators(?) are having similar issues, and it's code based, but the source of the problem in the 19gb of code still hasn't been identified.
I'm assuming the vast majority of that 19gb is video clips.)

This is the arcade where i keep trying to play GTF, but its always down. Out of 4 visits, ive only been able to play it on one visit. Definitely not due to the owners, all machines are in tip top shape. I hope they get it sorted, but Im not sure Id be buying one just yet. Fun game though.

#7210 4 months ago

Why do these companies insist on having the most arbitrary and difficult code update procedures? JJP has a similar update procedure that is a pain in the ass. Stern’s downloads may be slow, but at least they are easy.

#7211 4 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Why do these companies insist on having the most arbitrary and difficult code update procedures? JJP has a similar update procedure that is a pain in the ass. Stern’s downloads may be slow, but at least they are easy.

lol wut?

JJP has the best updates... online and small delta upgrades available.
Sterns only only better than AP because they have online now - otherwise they still often stuggle with the same 'too big of upgrade files' with no delta updates.

AP sucks right now because the upgrade file is so big (17gigs) that it presses people into limits they're not familiar with (the 4gig file size limit on FAT32) and the process is so painfully slow due to the file size.

When pressed on why they don't invest in the software work to fix these issues... they claim they aren't prioritized vs other work or aren't worth it vs other work. A point I've plainly disagreed with them on.

#7212 4 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

lol wut?
JJP has the best updates... online and small delta upgrades available.
Sterns only only better than AP because they have online now - otherwise they still often stuggle with the same 'too big of upgrade files' with no delta updates.
AP sucks right now because the upgrade file is so big (17gigs) that it presses people into limits they're not familiar with (the 4gig file size limit on FAT32) and the process is so painfully slow due to the file size.
When pressed on why they don't invest in the software work to fix these issues... they claim they aren't prioritized vs other work or aren't worth it vs other work. A point I've plainly disagreed with them on.

You have better luck than I have. Every time I update a JJP it locks up and I have to go through a bunch of fat32 formatting crap, etc, etc. But, since JJP has seemingly abandoned updates, I guess it’s a non-issue.

#7213 4 months ago

Is there a GTF owners thread? I’m not looking to troll, but genuinely curious about the ownership experience. I really like the theme, but I’m a cautious buyer and have not purchased any AP games.
I did a quick search and found the Pinside database shows less than 40 owners for each of the two models of this game.

#7214 4 months ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Is there a GTF owners thread? I’m not looking to troll, but genuinely curious about the ownership experience. I really like the theme, but I’m a cautious buyer and have not purchased any AP games.
I did a quick search and found the Pinside database shows less than 40 owners for each of the two models of this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/galactic-tank-force-owners-club-get-your-ice-cream-here

#7215 4 months ago

GTF has wifi, it's a shame you can't update it over the air, would make it much simpler. Maybe I'm lucky (not usually the case) but my DE has been great and is a fav in the house with probably a hundred or two plays on it.

1 month later
#7216 3 months ago

Hype

IMG_4393 (resized).jpegIMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
#7217 3 months ago

GALACTIC FOOD TRUCK!!!!

Part 2 in the series.

#7218 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hype
[quoted image]

Further evidence of poor sales, as I thought Fix said the lunch box with thermos was exclusive to signature edition buyers, but guessing they made a bunch of them and very few signature editions sold, so guess they will take money anyway they can get it.

#7219 3 months ago

The lunchbox pitch ad on Facebook is hilarious

"Don't just make lunch...make a statement!!!!"

This whole GTF thing is amazing in every way.

#7220 3 months ago
Quoted from spoke:

Further evidence of poor sales, as I thought Fix said the lunch box with thermos was exclusive to signature edition buyers, but guessing they made a bunch of them and very few signature editions sold, so guess they will take money anyway they can get it.

They use the same dictionary as Stern. "exclusively included" in the nicest model, not exclusive to own
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

And hey, they lowered the price on the lunchbox AND you get the thermos now

#7221 3 months ago

Here's hoping they make the 3D translight non-exclusive.

I'll get a deluxe if they do. I like the game a lot.

#7222 3 months ago

Also, maybe put the new game on the online store?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Crazy, I know

#7223 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]
Crazy, I know

They need to "Fix" it.....

#7224 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]
Crazy, I know

dancing_AP_fix.gifdancing_AP_fix.gif
#7225 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]
Crazy, I know

Clearly this is because as Fix said they were all spoken for…

#7226 3 months ago

10 montj

Quoted from PinStalker:

Here's hoping they make the 3D translight non-exclusive.
I'll get a deluxe if they do. I like the game a lot.

that one that's under $7k in the DC area is starting to tempt me.

#7227 89 days ago

Well the latest "hype" is AP is now for sale? No confirmation yet, and of course as usual, AP has gone silent, yet again.
I think think the train is just about out of coal, and a "food truck" isn't going to save the day.
I think GTF was the nail in the cabinet

#7228 89 days ago

Almost bought a GTF in the get. Glad I restrained! But I also hope for the best, whatever the outcome for AP and especially their customers; they made some fun machines and I hope the support for them can continue in some form or fashion.

#7229 89 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dangerzone arcade in Gilbert has a signature edition. It played flawless and the 3D lenticular backglass is pretty cool, but the tank tracks, not synced to gameplay, is pretty lame. GTF is a really fun overall.
EDIT. There is more atmosphere at Dangersone than this pic depicts lol.
[quoted image][quoted image]

20240127_141435 (resized).jpg20240127_141435 (resized).jpg20240127_145340 (resized).jpg20240127_145340 (resized).jpg
#7230 87 days ago

I have my SE listed for sale. Message me if anyone is interested.

#7231 82 days ago

And the replacement pin is dead. Flipper issues apparently.

20240204_134751 (resized).jpg20240204_134751 (resized).jpg
#7232 82 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And the replacement pin is dead. Flipper issues apparently.
[quoted image]

Time to call Maurice!!

#7233 81 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Time to call Maurice!!

Time to call it a day and hope AP rights this ship. Some other people came to play and they were dissapointed it was down, again and a complete replacement pin to boot.

#7234 81 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:And the replacement pin is dead. Flipper issues apparently.
[quoted image]

Is that electric bat?

#7235 75 days ago

And such an exciting next pin on the way if it's the food truck... yawn. They better get it together soon, or selling won't be just a rumor.
At least Fix was honest on his company assessment of a "C" in his latest interview.

#7236 75 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

And such an exciting next pin on the way if it's the food truck... yawn. They better get it together soon, or selling won't be just a rumor.
At least Fix was honest on his company assessment of a "C" in his latest interview.

"C" for AP under his direction was very generous. Given the horrible sales, lack of new releases, employee mass exodus, and customer goodwill erosion since Fix took the reins it's AT BEST a D- and probably an F. Long, expensive road back out of the morass he helped create now.

#7237 75 days ago

Just a speculation question.......

How much money would it take to fix AP?
I mean.... they have what? Seven people over there? There's just not enough brain-power to get that thing rolling.
JJP has all those resources and they can't put out code updates....... how the heck is AP going to do it with speed or quality?
I think they have several quality parts (PF's in particular) but nothing individually which is better then the best elsewhere (Cabs from CGC, etc.).

Outsourcing is fine and dandy, but you really need full time, inhouse talent. You're only as good as your people.

Com'on episode two for GTF (with adult mode)..... a free code update would move units (IMO).

Oh, to answer my own question: I think they'd need to blow 15 million (above current expenses) over two years to acquire three very high quality releases, and also subsidize three generations of pins in order to gain trust & market share. Without penetration - there's no way they can recover (IMO).
Someone has to pay for them to succeed.

#7238 75 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I mean.... they have what? Seven people over there? There's just not enough brain-power to get that thing rolling.
JJP has all those resources and they can't put out code updates....... how the heck is AP going to do it with speed or quality?
I think they have several quality parts (PF's in particular) but nothing individually which is better then the best elsewhere (Cabs from CGC, etc.).
Outsourcing is fine and dandy, but you really need full time, inhouse talent. You're only as good as your people.
Com'on episode two for GTF (with adult mode)..... a free code update would move units (IMO).
Oh, to answer my own question: I think they'd need to blow 15 million (above current expenses) over two years to acquire three very high quality releases, and also subsidize three generations of pins in order to gain trust & market share. Without penetration - there's no way they can recover (IMO).

Why do you think money is the problem?

#7239 75 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Why do you think money is the problem?

Money = resources and capability.
On what front does AP hold an advantage? None.
To acquire something of value requires investment.
Don't have a wide coding pool. Don't have a deep design pool. Don't have an effective marketing department. Don't have unique manufacturing.
I'd say they have a big lack of investment, and it results in a lack of demand.

First thing they need to build is a marketing department at this point (IMO). That would pay the biggest return on investment quickly. GTF could have sold a lot more units if it had just been presented right (same with every other game they have).
Money is the problem (and the most effective use of it).

#7240 75 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Money = resources and capability.
On what front does AP hold an advantage? None.
To acquire something of value requires investment.
Don't have a wide coding pool. Don't have a deep design pool. Don't have an effective marketing department. Don't have unique manufacturing.
I'd say they have a big lack of investment, and it results in a lack of demand.
First thing they need to build is a marketing department at this point (IMO). That would pay the biggest return on investment quickly. GTF could have sold a lot more units if it had just been presented right (same with every other game they have).
Money is the problem (and the most effective use of it).

BOF has a similar amount of employees and they crushed their first release. Spooky is pretty lean and doing well.

AP is just mismanaged. It's not about money or not enough employees.

#7241 75 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

BOF has a similar amount of employees and they crushed their first release. Spooky is pretty lean and doing well.
AP is just mismanaged. It's not about money or not enough employees.

Oh I totally agree that when you have people on fire, are hungry, and have something to prove: magical things happen on a shoestring budget.
Absolutely.

Absent that...... you can only (sometimes) overcome it with money (brute force).
Since AP lacks fire..... only money and investment can overcome (IMO).
Know what I mean?

#7242 75 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Without proper, qualified leadership, they can piss away another 30 million and still be unsuccessful. The LEADERSHIP is the biggest issue with AP. After that is addressed, the other problems will be solvable, IMO.

#7243 75 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Oh I totally agree that when you have people on fire, are hungry, and have something to prove: magical things happen on a shoestring budget.
Absolutely.
Absent that...... you can only (sometimes) overcome it with money (brute force).
Since AP lacks fire..... only money and investment can overcome (IMO).
Know what I mean?

What would David fix do with 5x budget? Scary thought.

Would each designer be working on 30 games at the same time instead of 6?

#7244 75 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

What would David fix do with 5x budget? Scary thought: Would each designer be working on 30 games at the same time instead of 6?

Shades of DR

1 week later
#7245 68 days ago

Big win

IMG_4452 (resized).jpegIMG_4452 (resized).jpeg
#7246 68 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Big win
[quoted image]

Those guys never disappoint with their award show.

3 weeks later
#7247 41 days ago

AP has moved on to BBQ - but one of my big Texas Pinball Fest surprises was how much better this game played than when I played it here last year. It probably helps that expectations were not great - but I bashed that tank all day and did not have an issue. Yes, occasional SDTM but that was on me not the game. The game is still stunning to look at and has the same animations and cutscenes but I guess 'cause I knew what I was getting into - it did not seem as bad as I remember from last year. If you are truly one of those guys that wants to support an original theme - find one of these and give it another go - history might have been different if this is the game that debuted last year - it's still tanks, cows and ice cream but don't say that ain't original.

#7248 41 days ago

All true!
When I played it on location at Litt last year, it was very rough around the edges.
Now, here at TPF it’s probably one of the better games I’ve played all show.
Don’t know where in the production timeline things got changed/polished up but, this one here on the opposite side of the BBQ is making me want to slide one in the lineup more and more.

Plus,
I love me some ice cream.

IMG_5591 (resized).jpegIMG_5591 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#7249 28 days ago

Tell you what, someone from AP should be cris-crossing the country and stopping at every green egg bbq event to setup the BOBBQA pin. Great BBQ and pinball, what more could one ask for? Bring a GTF! pin too, for dessert. Just put a bottle of sanitizer beside each machine.

#7250 28 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Tell you what, someone from AP should be cris-crossing the country and stopping at every green egg bbq event to setup the BOBBQA pin. Great BBQ and pinball, what more could one ask for? Bring a GTF! pin too, for dessert. Just put a bottle of sanitizer beside each machine.

AP can’t even be bothered to release an update to fix the game crashing bug in GTF that has been in place for the past 7 months.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/145?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.