pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 147.
#7251 55 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AP can’t even be bothered to release an update to fix the game crashing bug in GTF that has been in place for the past 7 months.

Crashing still? That’s unconscionable they haven’t been trying to squash it. How did the drop target bank fix work? It looked a little janky on paper.

#7252 55 days ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Crashing still? That’s unconscionable they haven’t been trying to squash it. How did the drop target bank fix work? It looked a little janky on paper.

The drop target fix actually works great. The game crash occurs as soon as all the ice cream ingredients are collected. AP is aware of it, but is apparently in no rush to fix it.

The current code has serious ball count issues, especially in multiplayer games. AP basically insinuated I was full of shit when I reported it. AP claimed they had thoroughly play tested the game and it was most likely a problem with my switches. I call bullshit on that and need only point to the Deadflip game reveal stream for proof. Moreover, another pinsider, was able to replicate it exactly, so it is not a machine specific issue. AP is full of shit.

There is also a bug that causes the ball to sit in the vuk until a ball search finally clears it.

Apparently, a code drop is imminent, but so far it appears to be in the “free beer tomorrow” category. I can find repeatable bugs every time I play the game. I was uploading logs, per AP’s request, along with detailed instructions on how to replicate the bugs. I was basically told to quit sending them.

#7253 55 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The drop target fix actually works great. The game crash occurs as soon as all the ice cream ingredients are collected. AP is aware of it, but is apparently in no rush to fix it.
The current code has serious ball count issues, especially in multiplayer games. AP basically insinuated I was full of shit when I reported it. AP claimed they had thoroughly play tested the game and it was most likely a problem with my switches. I call bullshit on that and need only point to the Deadflip game reveal stream for proof. Moreover, another pinsider, was able to replicate it exactly, so it is not a machine specific issue. AP is full of shit.
There is also a bug that causes the ball to sit in the vuk until a ball search finally clears it.
Apparently, a code drop is imminent, but so far it appears to be in the “free beer tomorrow” category. I can find repeatable bugs every time I play the game. I was uploading logs, per AP’s request, along with detailed instructions on how to replicate the bugs. I was basically told to quit sending them.

I like and actually want a GTF but if that’s the way they treat a customer who is trying to help them fix their own product then F’ em . They obviously don’t need my money.

#7254 55 days ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I like and actually want a GTF but if that’s the way they treat a customer who is trying to help them fix their own product then F’ em . They obviously don’t need my money.

That’s the conclusion I’ve reached. Will be a cold day in hell before AP gets anymore of my help or money.

#7255 54 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

AP can’t even be bothered to release an update to fix the game crashing bug in GTF that has been in place for the past 7 months.

JJP WOZ went on with an easily reproducible fatal bug for TWO YEARS after the update to 6.xx, which brought a new linux kernel that made the code freeze on original motherboards after about 12-20 hours before I (apparently) shamed them into finally fixing it by finally publicly detailing the problem and showing how a motherboard change resolved it if JJP wouldn't. During those two years they were lying to other route operators I talked to pretending they hadn't heard of the issue when I had told them about it right after it happened.

This is not an AP-specific problem, but it shows a strong lack of interest in and respect for the customer.

#7256 54 days ago

Got 1 programmer that is a 3rd party contractor who is fantastic but is also told he needs to port AP games to this new board that nobody asked for and also do code for this BBQ game nobody wants. Hard to be a GTF owner.

#7257 54 days ago

AP Fixx's everything. Don't worry.

#7258 49 days ago

Here we are a year later and I've yet to see one even functioning anywhere in the wild.
Let's reskin hot wheels, change a couple things, and call it BBQ! That'll get the masses fired up!

#7259 49 days ago

Tough to recover after mis-management chases the talent away.
So sad when poor leadership sinks a promising company.

I've had the chance to play GTF at a local arcade and it's a good game with a lot to like. Would be difficult to purchase one with the reported issues, lack of support and current trajectory of the company.

#7260 49 days ago

Tonight at 8 CST AP is streaming GTF with the updated code. YouTube - chadthebird and twitch - loganarcade

#7261 48 days ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

Tonight at 8 CST AP is streaming GTF with the updated code. YouTube - chadthebird and twitch - loganarcade

Steve Bowden’s coat was pretty amazing.

#7262 48 days ago

I stopped watching. Everyone talking over each other. They won’t say/answer chat as to what’s new in the code - just bug fixes or new content as well?? They won’t commit to when code will be ready - other than to say ‘extremely soon’.

#7263 48 days ago

Hosted by a sassy bird puppet (+ ventriloquist). Have not watched

https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=aIj1QKhHKHgPz_sS&t=825

Jeff Dunham = next licensed game from AP?

#7264 48 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hosted by a sassy bird puppet (+ ventriloquist). Have not watched
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=aIj1QKhHKHgPz_sS&t=825
Jeff Dunham = next licensed game from AP?

Watched a bit. Total waste of time. Can't hear the game, there's lots of shouting to overcome the room noise and as was the case with their first "new era AP" stream, it DESPERATELY needs a moderator for chat to filter questions and make sure at least SOME get answered (EDIT: They were answering some, but definitely need a moderator). Apparently no one at AP knows how to do a professional-looking interactive demo stream, which should be near the top of the list to be...fixed.
dancing_AP_fix.gifdancing_AP_fix.gif

#7265 48 days ago

Fix was yammering on about having filmed 5000 clips of the live actors. I have seen maybe 50 unique clips in the current code. I didn’t notice any new clips in the “new” code on the stream. Where are the other 4,950 clips?

From the parts of it I watched, every question about the new code was outright ignored by Fix, including a question by Franchi himself. What a waste of time that stream was.

#7266 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Fix was yammering on about having filmed 5000 clips of the live actors. I have seen maybe 50 unique clips in the current code. I didn’t notice any new clips in the “new” code on the stream. Where are the other 4,950 clips?

If 4,950 more clips exist, they shouldn't.

Prioritization seems a struggle.

#7267 48 days ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Tough to recover after mis-management chases the talent away.
So sad when poor leadership sinks a promising company.
I've had the chance to play GTF at a local arcade and it's a good game with a lot to like. Would be difficult to purchase one with the reported issues, lack of support and current trajectory of the company.

The game has a great layout (post tank airball fix) and fantastic artwork. AP really dropped the ball after the design and artwork was completed.

#7268 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watched a bit. Total waste of time. Can't hear the game, there's lots of shouting to overcome the room noise and as was the case with their first "new era AP" stream, it DESPERATELY needs a moderator for chat to filter questions and make sure at least SOME get answered. Apparently no one at AP knows how to do a professional-looking interactive demo stream, which should be near the top of the list to be...fixed.[quoted image]

I missed it but was going to watch it later on YouTube. I wanted to know if anyone asked about the new GTF code. David Fix said at TPF that it would be released in a few days after TPF. Did the game that they played on Stitch have the new code?

#7269 48 days ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I missed it but was going to watch it later on YouTube. I wanted to know if anyone asked about the new GTF code. David Fix said at TPF that it would be released in a few days after TPF. Did the game that they played on Stitch have the new code?

Logan Arcade responded in the chat that the game they were playing had new code. The stream was very jumbled and the game was hard to hear. I didn’t notice anything different in the code from what I could see. No new video assets, etc. It did, however, seem to be less delayed and less bogged down, which is something the current code definitely suffers from.

#7270 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

From the parts of it I watched, every question about the new code was outright ignored by Fix, including a question by Franchi himself. What a waste of time that stream was.

If you counted every take of every line, maybe there were that many, but there certainly were not 5000 lines. Every line was recorded three or more times. Heck there was line that Kyan struggled with we probably did 20 times. Also every actor did “standard” things like countdowns, jackpots, etc just to have them, just in case. Also had multiple actors do things like mode intros to see which would work best, even if the lines were intended for a specific character.

Of course the number of clips is not what matters, it’s choosing the right takes and right lines and using them in the right place at the right time is what is important.

#7271 48 days ago

Was the bird puppet any good at pinball?

#7272 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Watched a bit. Total waste of time. Can't hear the game, there's lots of shouting to overcome the room noise and as was the case with their first "new era AP" stream, it DESPERATELY needs a moderator for chat to filter questions and make sure at least SOME get answered. Apparently no one at AP knows how to do a professional-looking interactive demo stream, which should be near the top of the list to be...fixed.[quoted image]

At this point I'm wondering if AP can do anything in a professional manner. Terrible streams, games that are a joke, tech guys who apparently don't know what diodes and transistors are, constant fibs and lies from the VP of sales, its crazy.

#7273 48 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

At this point I'm wondering if AP can do anything in a professional manner. Terrible streams, games that are a joke, tech guys who apparently don't know what diodes and transistors are, constant fibs and lies from the VP of sales, its crazy.

Does not look like they can. Its sad for sure. Hard to believe its turned into this. Early AP had so much promise. Now we have all pretty much wrote them off.

#7274 48 days ago

I asked in chat several times for an explanation of the changes in the new code. Several other people also asked about the details and neither Steve or David would discuss specifics. They said the new code would be available ‘extremely quickly’. The guy doing the bird puppet asked Steve about the code and when Steve started to give the beginning of a generic answer he cut him off and talked over him. The whole stream was frustrating to watch.

#7275 48 days ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

I asked in chat several times for an explanation of the changes in the new code. Several other people also asked about the details and neither Steve or David would discuss specifics. They said the new code would be available ‘extremely quickly’. The guy doing the bird puppet asked Steve about the code and when Steve started to give the beginning of a generic answer he cut him off and talked over him. The whole stream was frustrating to watch.

I didn’t see the stream but this seems in line with their general unwillingness to discuss what the rules of a game are or code. At the release panel discussion for GTF at TPF they refused to answer a question about game rules.

Somehow they don’t seem to understand that when most people play a game they like to know the rules of the game they’re playing.

Imagine opening up a board game you’ve never played before and it having no rules description. Playing it wouldn’t be a fun process of discovering the game. It would just feel like frustration and randomness.

#7276 48 days ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

So when is the new GTF code coming?

#7277 48 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I didn’t see the stream but this seems in line with their general unwillingness to discuss what the rules of a game are or code. At the release panel discussion for GTF at TPF they refused to answer a question about game rules.
Somehow they don’t seem to understand that when most people play a game they like to know the rules of the game they’re playing.
Imagine opening up a board game you’ve never played before and it having no rules description. Playing it wouldn’t be a fun process of discovering the game. It would just feel like frustration and randomness.

They won't even give you shchematics for a game you own, apparently, so why would they tell you what changes are in the code lol. This poor guy was asking for a schematic for over 3 weeks, only to be told there isn't any because the boards are a protected IP from AIMTron

Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

In the meantime I bump into David/Ron at TPF. He tells me they do not have intellectual rights to the board design and there are no schematics. This would have been great info to send a few weeks back. He also tells me the magnet has a thermostat built in to shut down when it over heats, it must be set too 900 degrees if thats true.

#7278 48 days ago

Yo Aimtron. No one wants to copy your boards. Also what do they think they’re doing that’s worth stealing? There’s only so many ways to measure switch inputs and run transistors.

#7279 48 days ago

Also they seem to want to sell to ops? (“Every barbecue shop and ice cream parlor in Germany”) but then they don’t give what operators actually want: a detailed manual and schematics. Well that and a popular licensed theme. But come on fellas

#7280 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Logan Arcade responded in the chat that the game they were playing had new code.

It's in my game too. If anybody wants to try it.

LTG : )

#7281 48 days ago

The fact they never put out a video ad for BBQ, and are now doing a stream on a different channel leads credence to a theory I've been having that they either broke/hocked their video camera and can't afford to buy a new one.

#7282 48 days ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Sounds like it was the latest code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=y8EchS1J1-2OQKNC&t=3229
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=tC2jxj6mMHZ7kHs4&t=4464

As for when it might be downloaded, they weren't clear, from "dunno" to "soon":
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=IrGUMaTssbe3fkcd&t=633
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=_7xUdPLcOAWEBL3_&t=2549

Watching more (so you don't have to) to pull these clips, they did address some questions in chat, but the overall stream leaves a lot to be desired.

#7283 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like it was the latest code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=y8EchS1J1-2OQKNC&t=3229
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=tC2jxj6mMHZ7kHs4&t=4464
As for when it might be downloaded, they weren't clear, from "dunno" to "soon":
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=IrGUMaTssbe3fkcd&t=633
https://www.youtube.com/live/sH0YkMN9md4?si=_7xUdPLcOAWEBL3_&t=2549
Watching more (so you don't have to) to pull these clips, they did address some questions in chat, but the overall stream leaves a lot to be desired.

Did the obnoxious bird puppet ever play?

#7284 48 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Did the obnoxious bird puppet ever play?

I just skipped around to where they were talking about the game and code, so my exposure to the bird was mercifully limited. It was very annoying.

#7285 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As for when it might be downloaded, they weren't clear, from "dunno" to "soon":.

It has been my experience that responses like that mean someone doesn’t know what the hell they are talking about.

#7286 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

It has been my experience that responses like that mean someone doesn’t know what the hell they are talking about.

Possibly, but I think in this case it was because the stream was to determine the suitability of the code (no hard crashes, etc) for release. Steve said something like that in one of the clips, but yeah, the messaging and management of the stream was a chaotic mess. It was also a poor demo of the new game code itself. Just another Fix day at AP.

#7287 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Possibly, but I think in this case it was because the stream was to determine the suitability of the code (no hard crashes, etc) for release. Steve said something like that in one of the clips, but yeah, the messaging and management of the stream was a chaotic mess. It was also a poor demo of the new game code itself. Just another Fix day at AP.

I think that’s the same strategy they used on the initial deadflip reveal. Did they ever collect all the ice cream ingredients on the stream? That is a hard crash point on the current code.

#7288 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I think that’s the same strategy they used on the initial deadflip reveal. Did they ever collect all the ice cream ingredients on the stream? That is a hard crash point on the current code.

These are questions that may never be answered. Who has the fortitude to watch the whole cacophonous, mess of a stream to find out? Not me.

help_us_LTG.gifhelp_us_LTG.gif
That said, LTG says he has the new GTF code. He could glass-off check that and verify the repeatable crash where all the ingredients are collected is fixed in the new code.

#7289 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That said, LTG says he has the new GTF code. He could glass-off check that and verify the repeatable crash where all the ingredients are collected is fixed in the new code.

Perhaps LTG would also be kind enough to check if this repeatable bug has been fixed:

#7290 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Perhaps LTG would also be kind enough to check if this repeatable bug has been fixed:

Mine hasn't done that before or after the update.

#7291 48 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine hasn't done that before or after the update.

Another pinsider was able to reproduce it. See post #1203 on the owners thread. I have also been able to reproduce it on two other machines since. It only occurs during multiplayer games.

Here is a link to the video in post #1203 where another pinsider shows it is repeatable on a different machine:

#7292 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Another pinsider was able to reproduce it. See post #1203 on the owners thread. I have also been able to reproduce it on two other machines since. It only occurs during multiplayer games.

Here is a link to the video in post #1203 where another pinsider shows it is repeatable on a different machine:

I can't try it with the glass off right now.

#7293 48 days ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

From my experience AP games are way too buggy for me to own. Octoberfest being the worst and Houdini being the most stable that I have played. I enjoyed every single game of theirs (never played LOV though) but I just couldn't look past the code bugs. Every game from every manufacturer most likely has some level of bug somewhere. Its the bugs that are game stoppers that are the issue, ones you cant look past. Octoberfest did some of the weirdest sh!t I've ever seen a pinball do. It was refreshing to sell my AP games and buy a game that I didn't have to wonder weather or not I'd be able to play a game through without the game coming totally unhinged. If I had to take a guess I'd be willing to bet their code department is overwhelmed. Does Ferret have a team? Maybe their code department just doesn't have the support they need.

#7294 47 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Does Ferret have a team? Maybe their code department just doesn't have the support they need.

I think Ferret IS “the team”

#7295 47 days ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Octoberfest did some of the weirdest sh!t I've ever seen a pinball do.

Mine runs like a top with new membrane switches in it. But when they go bad it makes the machine trip balls. Easy enough to fix though.

#7296 47 days ago

In retrospect of all this, I think it's safe to
1- just don't buy an AP machine until either Fix is gone, or something drastic changes
2- never trust handlers that won't answer questions, and fill the consumers with smoke and mirrors
3- allow this to sort itself out in the market (especially with so many other better, and greater playing games available)
4- and don't hang on to relationships that are one sided. It's past time to move on, and allow AP to become that gf that was great in bed, but too toxic to keep long term.

Valhalla is a game i wanted a long time, but im over it now, and AP, I have other new darlings now.

#7297 46 days ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

In retrospect of all this, I think it's safe to
1- just don't buy an AP machine until either Fix is gone, or something drastic changes
2- never trust handlers that won't answer questions, and fill the consumers with smoke and mirrors
3- allow this to sort itself out in the market (especially with so many other better, and greater playing games available)
4- and don't hang on to relationships that are one sided. It's past time to move on, and allow AP to become that gf that was great in bed, but too toxic to keep long term.
Valhalla is a game i wanted a long time, but im over it now, and AP, I have other new darlings now.

well, i have a so-so feeling about this

i owned & really enjoyed the 3 first AP pinballs (Houdini+OF+HW), all 3 were not only very good in term of pinball/game, but also the build/product quality was there without any doubt... i mean really !

than came LOV followed by GTF & BO BBQ, which i simply dont know (for having just played them few, in bad meeting/conditions)

#7298 46 days ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i have a so-so feeling about this
i owned & really enjoyed the 3 first AP pinballs (Houdini+OF+HW), all 3 were not only very good in term of pinball/game, but also the build/product quality was there without any doubt... i mean really !
than came LOV followed by GTF & BO BBQ, which i simply dont know (for having just played them few, in bad meeting/conditions)

same company name. completely different staff.

#7299 40 days ago

Sorry wrong thread

1 week later
#7300 30 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

... Biggest issue some people have had is their lock mech and what appears to be still issues with magnetized balls.

I didn't see any major updates on the ball lock issues... but I was having issues with mine and did the adjustments to the lock and that helped... but then I moved the machine and that tweak didn't work anymore.

Fixed the issue by 3D printing a new lock post. I did a 8mmx24mm cylinder with a hole (just a shade under 4mm diameter so I could reuse the original screw) on one end to put the screw in. It's been perfect ever since. 24mm MIGHT be a bit over kill... 22 would've probably be fine. The original post was trying to catch the ball on the edge, so it would just get pushed out of the way and the ball would just go through... it was even worse if you did manage to lock 1 ball, because the second ball would Newton's Cradle that first ball out of there then not roll down because of that retaining hook. The longer post makes sure the ball is hitting the post "head on" and not allowing it to weasel through the lock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.