pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4393 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 147.
#6201 1 year ago

I finally played GTF at LITT in Minneapolis. Loved the music and the lights. Didn’t hate the layout, it was ok. Clips I saw weren’t as cringe as the release video.

I think people that buy it will defend it. People that aren’t buying can tell you exactly why.

My only concern is how the game will hold up and is it better than other option in the market now. I’m interested to see how it performs over the next 6-8 months and when they’ll be available/how fast production will be and if they end up sitting at distros.

#6202 1 year ago

Trying to get back on topic, hopefully a decent playing /functioning GTF machine or two will be at the Allentown Pinball Show in a few weeks. I’m excited to play it.

#6203 1 year ago

3 O'clock High is one of my favorite movies.

#6204 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I know it won’t happen, but American Pinball needs to fix all models of GTF!, both physically and software-wise and then relaunch GTF! this Fall.
I was thinking about the center targets and proposed bracket to support the base, but I think they also need a metal hood to catch any balls being launched and immediately deflect them downward. Having support at the top portion will prevent the bracket from bending too far and sticking. Game was not play tested before launch. Do it now, and then relaunch. As proof of the pudding that the game is finally ready, stream gameplay for 2 hours without issue.

if going through all this trouble should they redesign the playfield a bit too?? maybe replace the tank targets with a ramp to... i dunno man.

#saveTheCows
#saveFranchisArt

#6205 1 year ago

There were two machines at pinbrew. One of them I saw had a moving target on the right with the cow, but both machines would lock a ball and never acknowledge the ball was in the lock, then never ball search to clear the ball. Essentially forcing you to power cycle the game.

It honestly made the games unplayable and frankly was just down right embarrassing. Additionally, when the game arrived to the show day 1, one of the machines plunger and housing was so loose, that it would not plunge the ball. Not really sure how it didn’t fall off. It was that bad.

I mean sure, we’ve all seen stuff T shows, but come on, you’re promoting a game that is nothing but a box of lights with worse underdeveloped code releases than stern.

#6206 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Remember, he did get kicked off of Pinside and the videogame forum KLOV. That is pretty hard to do. There are people here that should be kicked off Pinside but don't. So whatever K-man did must have been bad.

Kaneda got the death penalty here and he more than earned it. Even he admits to that. And love them or hate them, the Moderators deserve our respect for finally dropping the hammer.

And I agree with you, other Pinsiders need to go just as badly.

As a supporter of Kaneda's Podcast, I'm glad he's permanently banned here and if he ever returned, I'd probably quit Pinside.

That said, I like him and find him entertaining and informative. At the same time, I also disagree with many of his opinions and he often makes me roll my eyes.

But he's isolated to his podcast that people have to pay each month to listen too. What more can his haters legitimately expect?

#6207 1 year ago

Oops. Back on topic.

I liked GTF a lot but not enough to buy it. Maybe later, donno.

#6208 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Remember, he did get kicked off of Pinside and the videogame forum KLOV. That is pretty hard to do. There are people here that should be kicked off Pinside but don't. So whatever K-man did must have been bad.

I witnessed him on KLOV back in the day… I will never burn one brain cell listening to anything associated.

But to each their own. Nice to have choices where to tune in.

#6209 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I witnessed him on KLOV back in the day… I will never burn one brain cell listening to anything associated.
But to each their own. Nice to have choices where to tune in.

I am also on KLOV. The collectors there even hate him more than the ones on Pinside.

#6210 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am also on KLOV. The collectors there even hate him more than the ones on Pinside.

Oh I certainly dont “hate” the guy… I mean its freaking pins and video games for goodness sakes. Just like everyone..grew weary of the attitude and drama. Kinda created the drama to promote “the brand” imo.

If I have the choice….I choose “no” in this case.

Anyway totally derailing the GTF talk. Getting back on topic.

I wonder if they tweaked the center targets in front of the tank to more of a crescent or slight semi circle it wouldnt be an insta drain 92% of the time?

As noted by, well, everyone basically…its just a shame to avoid the MAIN thing on the playfield to even remotely enjoy (advance) the game. Its perplexing to me how the layout even made it this FAR down the line??

Love the over the top campiness, the art of course, and not that concerned about the 3D toys…but certainly not gonna drop nine G’s on a pin that you can only use half the playfield!

#6211 1 year ago

They should just redo the center get rid of those stand up targets have some drops or maybe one of those targets that they have on Foo Fighters that launches the ball back to the flippers

Aside from the center targets, everything else on the game looks great

#6212 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

They should just redo the center get rid of those stand up targets have some drops or maybe one of those targets that they have on Foo Fighters that launches the ball back to the flippers
Aside from the center targets, everything else on the game looks great

Love it or leave it. I’m buying it and will be leaving this cesspool in 2 weeks for the owners thread.

#6213 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I was thinking about the center targets and proposed bracket to support the base, but I think they also need a metal hood to catch any balls being launched and immediately deflect them downward.

I just don't understand how they didn't catch this stuff during testing.

#6214 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

It's interesting They said that TPF was so many games there just had never put that many games on one to find those issues? How many games could they have gotten in 3 days at TPF? 500? They also said they've had one at their factory/office for a long time and encouraged people to play it. Design had existed for years? But it never got enough plays to bend the targets? Nobody wanted to play it even when it was sitting there to play for free I guess?

#6215 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It's interesting They said that TPF was so many games there just had never put that many games on one to find those issues? How many games could they have gotten in 3 days at TPF? 500? They also said they've had one at their factory/office for a long time and encouraged people to play it. Design had existed for years? But it never got enough plays to bend the targets? Nobody wanted to play it even when it was sitting there to play for free I guess?

Wouldn't that be the goal for testing ... to put max plays on 1 single machine.
I mean, how else are you going to find failures?

#6216 1 year ago

Well I think we know the answer to that one.
Initially had Rush scoop issues, ACNC servo and board issues, friend had Halloween servo and board issues. Stranger Things Demogorgan shot itself.
On and on. No manufacturer immune.
Fun games but none seem to get real stress testing until on location or in homes.

#6217 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

A typical game at TPF will gain 500-600 over an entire weekend (depending on game difficulty - so Scooby probably got around 400). They noticed the issue on day one of TPF....

#6218 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

He also got kicked off the Dodge Challe ger forum i used to frequent. How does that happen?

#6219 1 year ago

This thread is funny. I am not normally too critical on Pinside, but when I saw NeilMcRae giving glowing early reviews from TPF I was shocked. How could I be there right next to him (basically) playing the same games and have such a different take? I then saw many folks on here saying there were "in" that weren't at TPF so I felt compelled to share my experience to give some additional perspective.

Since then with a couple more shows, the opinions of the game have balanced out with both good and bad. Have they shipped any games besides the show games?

#6220 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

How many games could they have gotten in 3 days at TPF? 500?

Good guess. The game that my buddy bought had 496 games logged on it at TPF.

#6221 1 year ago

These things kinds of design defects are common across the manufacturers. On Rush, many people experienced a completely mangled scoop on their first day of play. It's also been having node board issues. Plus there were a number of switches that were not registering due to airballs jumping over switches. The mod community came through but I had to spend additional dollars to fix the various issues on the Stern playfield.

I don't know what test fixtures AP uses to pound the playfield but they're not perfect testing devices. The test fixtures I've seen are a single ball being shot from the same angle and speed 1,000s of times. But a different angle could easily stress the mechanicals differently and produce a different result and therefore not catch the defect during testing. Not letting AP off the hook here - they need to learn and adapt to improve quality in future releases but quality issues are hardly isolated to AP.

#6222 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

He's entertaining, well informed and quite professional.

the-office-dying-of-laughter.gifthe-office-dying-of-laughter.gif
#6223 1 year ago

Kaneda is giving Iceman head noogies on his podcast, which even his biggest haters love him for.

It's the yin and yang of Kaneda

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#6224 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDon:

I finally played GTF at LITT in Minneapolis. Loved the music and the lights. Didn’t hate the layout, it was ok. Clips I saw weren’t as cringe as the release video.
I think people that buy it will defend it. People that aren’t buying can tell you exactly why.
My only concern is how the game will hold up and is it better than other option in the market now. I’m interested to see how it performs over the next 6-8 months and when they’ll be available/how fast production will be and if they end up sitting at distros.

With limited space and money - it's hard to justify GTF when there are so many better choices no matter how you look at it.

Ice has a big collection so he can have a GTF in the arcade and it's not a big deal.

#6225 1 year ago

I played a GTF last night and really enjoyed it. It’s all preference in pinball but it does feel pretty unique and in my opinion, the best looking game I’ve seen. It was my first time playing Foo Fighters, scooby doo and Godfather but I found myself going back to GTF more than the others. All good games though. I wonder when these will start making their way to homes.

#6226 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

With limited space and money - it's hard to justify GTF when there are so many better choices no matter how you look at it.

Idk if you’ve played it that’s cool.
Appreciate what AP brings with it versus other offerings. Opinions are strong which is great but it won’t ultimately impact my decision.

#6227 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda is giving Iceman head noogies on his podcast, which even his biggest haters love him for.
It's the yin and yang of Kaneda
[quoted image]

Kandea is my favorite ... he preaches how he makes nothing personal and why can't we just talk about pinball while spewing out personal attacks and talking about everything but pinball ... so entertaining to watch

#6228 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Love it or leave it. I’m buying it and will be leaving this cesspool in 2 weeks for the owners thread.

I'll have an SE NIB when it ships if anyone is interested in purchase or trades. Message me.

#6229 1 year ago

I started thinking about the lack of play testing by AP, and it hit me. Maybe AP play tested the shit out of these games and the games passed? In other words, one must define the goals of play testing here. I mean if being able to hit switches and get a score and occasionally lift the hood to free a stuck ball is the only goal, then yea the game is bloody, brilliant. But we can all see that nobody would be stupid enough to use that criteria, right?

But Neil McRae giving glowing reviews of GTF! from TPF was the straw that broke the camels back and ruined his credibility for discussing pins.

#6230 1 year ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I'll have an SE NIB when it ships if anyone is interested in purchase or trades. Message me.

Congrats on winning the project pinball machine - good for you!

Crazy you want to trade it right away....

#6231 1 year ago

Second that! Totally underrated.

#6232 1 year ago

Maybe after this game is built in numbers someone will get sick of it and pursue another Nordman classic like my Stern Pirates and I can do a trade.

I played GTF and liked it. I would keep my eye out for a Deluxe...

#6233 1 year ago

I have forced my own hand into eating the deposit on GTF deluxe. Ran out of pinball money on games I know I like.

In a couple of years if GTF turns out to be a great game and I find one and enjoy it will definitely trade it sell a pin to get it. Really hoping that happens!

#6234 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Congrats on winning the project pinball machine - good for you!
Crazy you want to trade it right away....

It's a cool game, but I have a few must haves I still need in my collection.

#6235 1 year ago
Quoted from Boycer:

It's a cool game, but I have a few must haves I still need in my collection.

Congrats on the big win - you must be stoked, you will get to trade that for something so that is free money towards a wish list game. Like Sorokyl said above your post getting a machine you know you will like is a priority, no one has unlimited space. Foo Fighters shoots well and has great art I would love to own that, Pulp Fiction is cool but is probably 6 months to a year off. So...lots of cool stuff out there....free money to you.

If I had something you wanted and we were not on opposite coasts I would trade....the tank skin is a novelty but it would be cool in the right game room.

I am jealous....

#6236 1 year ago

This thread use to be fun. What happened to all of the cow and dairy jokes?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Congrats on the big win - you must be stoked, you will get to trade that for something so that is free money towards a wish list game. Like Sorokyl said above your post getting a machine you know you will like is a priority, no one has unlimited space. Foo Fighters shoots well and has great art I would love to own that, Pulp Fiction is cool but is probably 6 months to a year off. So...lots of cool stuff out there....free money to you.
If I had something you wanted and we were not on opposite coasts I would trade....the tank skin is a novelty but it would be cool in the right game room.
I am jealous....

Thanks. I am stoked. Agree. Way too many games out now. Good for the community, but bad for my bank account..

#6238 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

.[quoted image]

There’s a lot of milking of this game’s rocky road

#6239 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

.[quoted image]

They just evaporated.

#6240 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

.[quoted image]

They all dried up.

"To err is human, to Moo is bovine"

#6241 1 year ago

to match the lunchbox and thermos, how about a GTF umbrella in case of sprinkles?

#6242 1 year ago

Our favorite Texan should really be defending this game while screaming "remember the à la mode"

#6243 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Our favorite Texan should really be defending this game while screaming "remember the à la mode"

Ok now that’s funny…

#6244 1 year ago

Wouldn't that be the goal for testing ... to put max plays on 1 single machine.

These ^^^^^ should be posted in the SD thread as well.

#6245 1 year ago

Dad joke ice-cream

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6246 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Dad joke ice-cream
.[quoted image]

Ohhh!! The shocker!

#6247 1 year ago

Haven't checked this thread in a while...man what a shit show. Definitely gave me a few good laughs today though.

#6248 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I played a GTF last night and really enjoyed it. It’s all preference in pinball but it does feel pretty unique and in my opinion, the best looking game I’ve seen. It was my first time playing Foo Fighters, scooby doo and Godfather but I found myself going back to GTF more than the others. All good games though. I wonder when these will start making their way to homes.

How dare you like all those games! Don't you know where you are?!

#6249 1 year ago

It is a pity that AP obviously does not take care of their (returning) customers: wrote them an email 4 weeks ago with some
question(s) that are relevant for my order. Radio silence/no answer/no nothing. Well that is something I have never experienced from one of the manufacturers and I‘ve nearly bought from them all. That (no) reaction is way below Heighway Pinball and that means something…

#6250 1 year ago
Quoted from lamihh:

It is a pity that AP obviously does not take care of their (returning) customers: wrote them an email 4 weeks ago with some
question(s) that are relevant for my order. Radio silence/no answer/no nothing.

One of my friends is having an issue with a GTF that he purchased. AP told him that they would have an answer on last Monday,4/17. AP have not gotten back to him yet and today is 4/20. He does not want to play any additional games on his GTF until AP gives him an answer to his issue. He does not want to make it any worst than it currently is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,301 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 147.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread/page/125?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.