IMG_0960.gif
8520588E-4709-4518-B804-9EFF33E42D21 (resized).jpeg
E70F6DB1-157F-4560-AF9A-8A4C3744AA39 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230904_161022372 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230904_161020044 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #3956 Rules shared by Josh Kugler Posted by rosh (1 year ago)

Post #5336 Link to streaming at Ocelot. Posted by flynnibus (1 year ago)

Post #6650 Gameplay explanation video from American Pinball. Posted by Tommy-dog (10 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4249 1 year ago

They won’t release a classic if you ask me…

I doubt we will get any info on that soon unless the initial purchases of LE and Deluxes comes in under expectations.

It may never come out … you could easily take the price of the deluxe and subtract the items to make it a classic.

It would be near Stern pro pricing not much below - maybe $100-200 difference.

If sales slow over time then you would see a classic…

It will be in the market at market prices.

I personally think this game will be their best selling game by a mile. But what do I know…

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Their other pins that have Classic/Deluxe models are around $400-$500 cheaper for the Classic. So expect to lose the Magic Glass, Shaker, Knocker, side rails, and the pin stadium style lighting if you want to wait for a Classic and save a couple hundred bucks. Imo the Deluxe is the best value/option for this pin.

I agree the Deluxe is a good deal for what you get and the small discount over what the Classic would be..

Pricing will take a while…

#5075 1 year ago

To get back to the game - the tank cab was amazing in person...

But, the subtle touches to the Deluxe version should not be understated...the little green light onthe back panel giving the appearance of an old school instrument panel was a beatuiful touch, the raised pinstadium lights elevated onthe side so you do not have to remove them to light the playfield were amazing. I do not recall art blaes or mirrors or if it was empty on the side were all great. The game to me played better then previous American Pinball games but I always thought Hot Wheels was well built moderately fun just not a theme I needed to own.

This game is fun, is it the best game ever, or is Pulp Fiction or Foo Fighters - new things come along and people will rave that the next thing is the greatest. I really liked all of them GTF, FF, and PF - two of these games you can get. All the people drewling over PF the shine will wear off if they have to wait 6 months, it still will be a great game if you ask me, but the wait kills enthusiasm for any game. CGC has not been the best delivering on time, so PF is a long way out.

Compare what you can play now, put your money where you want. Like what you want. Its a toy...its a game...like most of us nothing is ever bolted to the floor, play it elsewhere try it...if you like it buy it. I don't think you will be waiting 6 months for it....

It is a game if it comes up used I would cetainly buy one if it was available. I have had lots of great games, they come, they go. I would like to own this some day. Foo Fighters too, even Pulp Fiction but I bet of the 3 games I just named PF would stay inthe collection the shortest time. But, I think PF will be a collectors type pin.

2 weeks later
#6230 12 months ago
Quoted from Boycer:

I'll have an SE NIB when it ships if anyone is interested in purchase or trades. Message me.

Congrats on winning the project pinball machine - good for you!

Crazy you want to trade it right away....

#6232 12 months ago

Maybe after this game is built in numbers someone will get sick of it and pursue another Nordman classic like my Stern Pirates and I can do a trade.

I played GTF and liked it. I would keep my eye out for a Deluxe...

#6235 12 months ago
Quoted from Boycer:

It's a cool game, but I have a few must haves I still need in my collection.

Congrats on the big win - you must be stoked, you will get to trade that for something so that is free money towards a wish list game. Like Sorokyl said above your post getting a machine you know you will like is a priority, no one has unlimited space. Foo Fighters shoots well and has great art I would love to own that, Pulp Fiction is cool but is probably 6 months to a year off. So...lots of cool stuff out there....free money to you.

If I had something you wanted and we were not on opposite coasts I would trade....the tank skin is a novelty but it would be cool in the right game room.

I am jealous....

#6272 12 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Fine. Rather than risking supporting them now without a status update, they can get fucked and I’m running away.

Wow - do you even have a game? Even if you do have one - I doubt they will leave ya hanging. There are hardly any of the machines out there in the world and a few of them have issues, not a first for pinball.

I doubt by the time this game actually becomes available 1/4 or even 1/8 or 1/32nd of the people who read this forum post will buy one. I think I would wait until more copies are out there not 2-3 people saying a game bricked. Maybe how AP responds or resolves it will show how they will handle this whole game.

Not everything in this world is an immediate fix. Not all pins are good for all people. Have you tried to get anything done lately anywhere... tons of things are still slow to respond, delayed, supply chain issues, hard to stay worked up about everything all the time. Easier to expect that in a post covid world no one responds like they used to.

AP is not Stern. If you want Stern production and Stern level communication, buy a Stern. There are some great games out now, Foo Fighters is amazing.

#6277 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

Sir this is pinside. If nothing is done right away the next second, its the third worse thing next to having an all gottlieb collection and not sacrificing your soul to Williams/bally pinball.
our culture of instant gratification is what's fueling this too. If a company is not out the door with a solution 1sec later it needs to burned down to the ground.
It seems that price and patience are on a tetter totter. Prices up, patience goes down.
But don't offer a criticism towards a Podcaster or YouTuber, pinside will enact mob justice on that front too.

So true..

I just cannot count the ways in what three years later after COVID that I face delays or get non responses from all kinds of vendors including ones I have done business with for years. Why should pinball be different? Like you said immediate gratification or torch it…

I guess I have just been beaten down by every company having issues these days making me understanding of issues and time to address it. I guess becoming more patient as a person is a good thing?

GTF may have issues, I played it, still looks good visually, it interests me… games come and go… I read the forum. Maybe someday they will have tweaks to it and I may be a buyer. Heck, I have bought, sold, traded many games I thought I would like - it just a hobby. Doing trades and pursuing games is part of the fun of it all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bend, OR
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 10,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ap-s-galactic-tank-force-gtf-speculation-hype-thread?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.