Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg
There are 7,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 157.
#2601 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'll try cables today... I haven't looked, but I'm assuming the lock lights are opto driven. Perhaps the optos are dirty (or the opto board is bad?
My WH2O has brand new rottendog boards. So I'd be surprised if backbox boards were an issue.

Lock lights are activated by the two standup targets.

#2602 6 years ago

Yup.... the issue is, I'll lock ball one, and the third lock light will randomly become solid. It will stay solid even when I lock ball two.

#2603 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

My WH2O has brand new rottendog boards. So I'd be surprised if backbox boards were an issue.

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yup.... the issue is, I'll lock ball one, and the third lock light will randomly become solid. It will stay solid even when I lock ball two.

That is weird. Lock 1 isn't even in the same row or column as lock 3. (Lamp 43, had to look it up, I was curious.)

If you figure it out, please let us know!

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

That is weird. Lock 1 isn't even in the same row or column as lock 3. (Lamp 43, had to look it up, I was curious.)
If you figure it out, please let us know!

I've looked through the matrix, too... confusing!

#2606 6 years ago

I had a similar problem with my CC extra ball light. Turned out that the light socket was touching some other piece of metal.

#2607 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I still don't think your issue is switch related. I think it's lamp. Unless you're saying the locks are awarded?

#2608 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I had a similar problem with my CC extra ball light. Turned out that the light socket was touching some other piece of metal.

That makes sense.

Nothing appears to line up on the matrix... Lock 1 is physically closest to the hazard arrow and Lock 2. Neither are close to Lock 3 in the matrix. The closest physical light that gets you into the same column as Lock 3 is the Right Light Lock. I would also expect other lights to misbehave if it was shorted to something far away on the matrix. But I bet it's something like that.

wh20 lamps (resized).pngwh20 lamps (resized).png

#2609 6 years ago

kick back and left outlane, however, are in the same column (which is my other problem)...

4 weeks later
#2610 6 years ago

Anyone in Canada looking to sell one that is in excellent condition, or I have a very nice example of an Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure for trade.

PM if interested.

#2611 6 years ago

This beauty arrived today

IMG_8865 (resized).JPGIMG_8865 (resized).JPG

IMG_8866 (resized).JPGIMG_8866 (resized).JPG

IMG_8868 (resized).JPGIMG_8868 (resized).JPG

IMG_8869 (resized).JPGIMG_8869 (resized).JPG

IMG_8870 (resized).JPGIMG_8870 (resized).JPG

IMG_8871 (resized).JPGIMG_8871 (resized).JPG

IMG_8872 (resized).JPGIMG_8872 (resized).JPG

IMG_8875 (resized).PNGIMG_8875 (resized).PNG

IMG_8874 (resized).PNGIMG_8874 (resized).PNG

#2612 6 years ago

Nice! I have had mine 10 years. Bought it for $1600 in 2006.

#2613 6 years ago

Ok, I own wh2O for almost a year. I love very tough, punishing machines so this one is a bit on the easy side. I especially do not like wide shots, and all ramps here are pretty wide. Excluding boomerang bang, no hard shots really. So I am planning to nastify the machine to make it more challanging.

1. First thing is angle of course, not too steep (ramps unreachable), but also steep enoug for fast speed.
2. Then I would like to reduce the space between the top 4 shots (includinng the two ramps): which spacer do you recommend?
3. Same for the top two shots (waterfalls and big foot): spacer to reduce the wideness of both shots. Which one to use?
4. Remove inlanes micorswitch: I love targets, but the RIVER targets are almost totally unuseful in this game when you can safely spot the letters on the inlanes! Big design flaw in my opinion. So its going to be tougher to reach river level six, and so much more fun aiming at some targets!

Other recommendations in order to fully nastify this game?

#2614 6 years ago
#2615 6 years ago

Lightening flippers of course.

#2616 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lightening flippers of course.

Took the words out of my mouth. My game still had the goodie bag included. Inside were lightning flippers. Looks like it was an operator option.

#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Took the words out of my mouth. My game still had the goodie bag included. Inside were lightning flippers. Looks like it was an operator option.

What these guys said. They came on my UK machine and I've never been tempted to remove them. The game can be kind of brutal but in a good way - white water rafting should be hazardous after all right?

#2618 6 years ago

ligthning flippers, excellent idea. hope the game does not change too much though. I expect lots of SDTM from the secret passage... but maybe it's fair, it will add drama and actually you go to the secret passage because you made a wrong shot.

#2619 6 years ago

another question: beside spotting RIVER letters, do inlanes microswitches have other purposes? I mean, if I remove them (and the below lights of course), is there any aspect of the gameplay/software that could be involved? I will get the credit dot after some games of course, but, apart from, that anything else?

#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

another question: beside spotting RIVER letters, do inlanes microswitches have other purposes? I mean, if I remove them (and the below lights of course), is there any aspect of the gameplay/software that could be involved? I will get the credit dot after some games of course, but, apart from, that anything else?

Why would you remove them?

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

4. Remove inlanes micorswitch: I love targets, but the RIVER targets are almost totally unuseful in this game when you can safely spot the letters on the inlanes! Big design flaw in my opinion. So its going to be tougher to reach river level six, and so much more fun aiming at some targets!

I kind of like this idea.. The problem is that I don't think aiming at the RIVER targets is going to make this a better game. It's already the closest thing to a grind this game has. It's worth a shot though. I'm not sure if there are any unwanted effects from removing them - I wouldn't think it would count against any ramp shots - I think Insanity falls registers as made at the entry point.

The lightning flippers are what I'd normally suggest. I don't think making the ramps narrower is the answer, this game wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was a clunk fest.

#2623 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

beside spotting RIVER letters, do inlanes microswitches have other purposes?

The right inlane switch lights left ramp's "mega millions."

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

In the event you may not be aware - getting to the Level 6 river bonus is just one part of the wizard mode..
Completing this wizard is really exciting and rare. Give it a try, it never disappoints!

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I especially do not like wide shots, and all ramps here are pretty wide.

Sounds like you need a No Fear. They crammed in so many shots that they were all really narrow. I referred to myself as the Postmaster General after many games...

#2626 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

What software version are you running? Use L5 software and the RIVER letters are not held.

#2627 6 years ago
Quoted from RumRunner9:

In the event you may not be aware - getting to the Level 6 river bonus is just one part of the wizard mode..
Completing this wizard is really exciting and rare. Give it a try, it never disappoints!

My problem is I reach level 6 too often. Quite easy using the inlanes. I have the latest ROM, and Im fine holding river level if I make enough shots in the disaster drop.
But yes, by removing the right inlane switch, multimillions will be lost, too. Not a big loss by the way..

#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

My problem is I reach level 6 too often. Quite easy using the inlanes. I have the latest ROM, and Im fine holding river level if I make enough shots in the disaster drop.
But yes, by removing the right inlane switch, multimillions will be lost, too. Not a big loss by the way..

I like the multimillions shot. I would never disconnect switches to lose a feature. Does reaching level 6 really ruin the game for you? I just don't get this.

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Maybe take the rubber off the inlane posts?

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Just downgrade the software to L5 to see if you like it better. I left mine at L5 for this exact reason. It became more difficult when the bonus isn't held. This is the cheapest and simplest option to try first.

I take it you are obtaining the VACATION JACKPOT too frequently?

#2631 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Just downgrade the software to L5 to see if you like it better. I left mine at L5 for this exact reason. It became more difficult when the bonus isn't held. This is the cheapest and simplest option to try first.
I take it you are obtaining the VACATION JACKPOT too frequently?

I want to do this for two reasons:

- make Wh20 a pin with targets: I don't know you, but I personally build up the RIVER letters ONLY by the inlanes. It's so easy. I want to make it in a way that to spot the letters you MUST hit the targets. In this way you'll have many more shots to do with the right flipper. I think the (compulsory) "targets" feature is way more important and add to the gameplay, rather than multimillions.
- of course in this way it's going to be harder to reach vacation jackpot. I think the held feature is fine, and actually it's going to be essential in order to reach level 6 only by shooting at the targets. Its going to be pretty difficult! Especially letter R is pretty tough to spot!

#2632 6 years ago

If your that good just take off one of the flippers.

#2633 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If your that good just take off one of the flippers.

Or just play with one hand

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

I want to do this for two reasons:
- make Wh20 a pin with targets: I don't know you, but I personally build up the RIVER letters ONLY by the inlanes.

This is a good point. Even if the inlane wouldn't spot just the last letter, that would make you shoot at them at least once in a while.

1 week later
#2635 6 years ago

is there any easy way to access / replace the bulbs under the whirlpool? Or the flasher in the Lozt Mine?

Thanks!

#2636 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

is there any easy way to access / replace the bulbs under the whirlpool? Or the flasher in the Lozt Mine?
Thanks!

I know the lost mine one is accessible from the side when the playfield is raised.

#2637 6 years ago

If I recall, you can access the whirlpool lamps by pulling out the subway, and pulling the board out from underneath. Otherwise, you'll have to remove the entire upper playfield.

As for getting to the lost mine flasher, I don't recall there being an easy way to access it from the underside of the game, but it isn't terribly difficult to remove the insanity falls ramp to remove the boulder plastic.

#2638 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

If I recall, you can access the whirlpool lamps by pulling out the subway, and pulling the board out from underneath. Otherwise, you'll have to remove the entire upper playfield.
As for getting to the lost mine flasher, I don't recall there being an easy way to access it from the underside of the game, but it isn't terribly difficult to remove the insanity falls ramp to remove the boulder plastic.

This.

The best way to access the whirlpool is from under the PF.

You have to remove the insanity falls ramp to access the flasher.

#2639 6 years ago

If I had a nickel for every time I've taken off that subway!

#2640 6 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This.
The best way to access the whirlpool is from under the PF.
You have to remove the insanity falls ramp to access the flasher.

Just don't forget the SPACER. I've seen too many White Waters where somebody screwed up through the playfield because they forgot to put the spacer in when the reinstalled the whirlpool lamp board.

#2641 6 years ago

Thanks guys!

#2642 6 years ago

Hello.
I am looking for some mountains.
I am missing the the two bumper mountains and the bigger left One with the small Water fall.

#2643 6 years ago

Starship fantasy doesn't currently have any in stock, but when I asked about them several months ago, they did mention they should be doing another run of the boulders sometime this year. If you email them, they probably can give you a better estimate on when/if they will be producing them again.

Here is the link to their website:
http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Whitewater-Boulders

Happy hunting!

#2644 6 years ago

I need a new mini playfield
Both a new and a used one will work fine.
Please let me know if you have One!

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

I need a new mini playfield
Both a new and a used one will work fine.
Please let me know if you have One!

There's one on eBay right now.

#2646 6 years ago

Jam_burglar - thank you, a little bit to expensive for me

When puting back My game i got this piece över, where should it be?

IMG_20170823_164644 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_164644 (resized).jpg

#2647 6 years ago

And i Aldo need help finding this post?
It supports the plastic ramp.
Mine is Broken.

IMG_20170823_163941 (resized).jpgIMG_20170823_163941 (resized).jpg

#2648 6 years ago
Quoted from Tjohejsan:

And i Aldo need help finding this post?
It supports the plastic ramp.
Mine is Broken.

Uff that might be the unobtainium post?

#2649 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that might be the unobtainium post?

It looks like its this one:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5249

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

17,250 (OBO)
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 7,839 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 157.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.