Topic Stats

• 4,965 posts
  • 465 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 212 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,347 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200530_190137 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-50 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-32 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-16 (resized).png
Screenshot_2020-05-29-10-17-25 (resized).png
change (resized).jpg
Attack-From-Mars-14x20-Print-Preview (resized).jpg
Monster-Bash-19 (resized).jpg
Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg
ramp (resized).jpg
4991691B-2CDE-404A-B52C-909D2B6DA51A (resized).jpeg
85F95057-4540-4E75-9C2D-FBBFC35C9E14 (resized).jpeg
0F6675A9-6643-4C91-82DD-7A58C2377C75 (resized).jpeg
15892883026575714529621872992907 (resized).jpg
1589288286019575703401555636618 (resized).jpg
15892882694304648944974132286984 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Been to Wet Willie's ,Still haven't got Vacation Planner.

I'm in the same boat (raft!). I've been to wet willie's around 5 or 6 times, but still no Vacation Jackpot... I'm not very good...

1 week later
#120 6 years ago

Cool stuff! I ordered both of those magazines, they look really high quality.

I wonder if there's any progress on that repro topper? I still haven't even opened my shipping box. I wish I would have waited to see some video... I should have known something was up when they couldn't get them on a plane, and didn't get videos posted in the timeframe they promised.

1 week later
#129 6 years ago

I'd love to have a FT next to my Wh20! Nice topper!

2 weeks later
#210 6 years ago

That one's gorgeous, doughslingers!

Has anyone installed a repro upper pf drain ramp? Mine seems to be too thick, and causes the ball hang up near the upper flipper at times. I'm wondering if it's best to almost rabbet that edge?

My other woes - my upper flipper started hanging up.. it just seems to be off kilter, but I'm not sure why. I thought it was a bad coil (the sleeve was really tight), so I actually have already replaced that. I just hate having to remove readjust that flipper bat, especially in the tight under playfield, and needing to remove a ramp!!

#214 6 years ago

TheLaw - yeah, that's the one I'm referring to. I guess I'll try to do trim it a bit. I'll end up taking off some ramps to get to that upper flipper, anyway.

2 months later
#302 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

had a problem with the bulb right in front of bigfoot getting broken all the time?

I've had the same problems with the incandescent in the location you're talking about. I replaced it with an LED, as you have.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

flipper is alligned correctly.

That actually may have been my issue. I think my flipper was set a little too far forward. I've since adjusted it back a bit after a rebuild. It definitely plays very different, closer to other wh20's I've played.

1 week later
#312 6 years ago

Check this:

ebay.com link » Whitewater Pinball Machine Topper Chrome Decal Licensed

Edit: Maybe I'm unclear on what you're referring to, the reflective strip, or the actual topper decal?

#315 6 years ago

I believe it goes on top of the head, behind the lights. It reflects the light onto the topper from what I understand. Of course, I'm not completely clear on this, because I don't yet have a functional topper.

#323 6 years ago

Well that's interesting.. do you have video of the topper in action? What about a link to the paint you used and maybe some tips on your technique?

#326 6 years ago

Bump! Gogotha, you've got me extremely curious. It looks great from the pictures, this may be a great alternative to the original or failed repro topper!

Has anyone had any luck getting a refund from Twisted Pins? I was an early order, and have been sitting on the thing for months without even opening it.. I've emailed, but haven't received a response.

3 weeks later
#361 6 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

It's a lot easier than most claim.

Yup. That's what I found as well.

There's a pretty important tear-down picture in the instruction manual, it really helps when taking off the upper PF. If you don't have a manual just let me know and I'll try to scan it.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I also made my own topper water effect! Instead of the foil sticker.

Where'd Golgatha go with his great home made topper?? I feel like I should post this on Craigslist - missed connections.

"You came into a whitewater forum, posted pictures of a custom topper. It was wearing sparkling water effects. I miss you."

3 weeks later
#380 6 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sad to say ,Mine is down for the count,needs a ton of love

What's it doing?

I traded mine to my brother (temporarily) for Road Show. I've been going on about 4 months without it, I truly miss it.

#383 6 years ago

I thought for some reason that you restored Wh20? Maybe it was a previous machine, or maybe I just made a mental association between your old avatar and a different resto thread.

I've thought about giving my Wh20 the treatment, it's probably my favorite game. My cabinet isn't in good condition, and that's honestly the part I'd be least interested in restoring.. it just seems like a pain, I can't imagine I'm patient enough to do my own stickers.. My playfield is also far from perfect, but may be worth restoring rather than doing a full swap.

Quoted from gprotein:

knows of a place have this piece for sale?

I don't know about that one, but I know that there are some 'wooden' signs like that, they look pretty cool, but not original if you're looking for that style.

Wait.. I grabbed that boulder at expo... I may have an extra if it came with one. I'll see if I can dig it out tomorrow, not sure if it's even there, or what the condition is like.

#388 6 years ago

Well, good news, I have a spare. Bad news, it doesn't look all that great. If you want it (the sign, I need the boulder), I'll send it to you. Let me know.

20140108_205115.jpg
7 months later
#487 5 years ago

Oh that think looks great! The missing mountain is set back a little bit, so they may actually fit together. That ebay link has ended, and I can't find another..

3 months later
#616 5 years ago

I'm interested to hear how the LED OCD works, please keep us updated!

I've been considering adding one for the GI, as well. The game has some nice fading effects that are unfortunately lost with the addition of LEDs.

1 month later
#672 5 years ago

Spine Chiller is the left shot on the upper PF (the one that hits the glass)

Disaster Drop is the shot to the right of the lock.

I've never heard it referred to as the suicide canyon ramp, not sure on that..

#674 5 years ago

Yeah, that's disaster drop.

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

nope, the glass hitter is insanity falls. the left ramp that goes from the lower to upper PF (or returns a hard plunge) is spine chiller. disaster drop is the right ramp that loops to the left and falls into the left orbit to return.

whoops, you're right. My bad, sorry for lending to the confusion. I guess I need to play this game tonight..

2 years later
#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

4. Remove inlanes micorswitch: I love targets, but the RIVER targets are almost totally unuseful in this game when you can safely spot the letters on the inlanes! Big design flaw in my opinion. So its going to be tougher to reach river level six, and so much more fun aiming at some targets!

I kind of like this idea.. The problem is that I don't think aiming at the RIVER targets is going to make this a better game. It's already the closest thing to a grind this game has. It's worth a shot though. I'm not sure if there are any unwanted effects from removing them - I wouldn't think it would count against any ramp shots - I think Insanity falls registers as made at the entry point.

The lightning flippers are what I'd normally suggest. I don't think making the ramps narrower is the answer, this game wouldn't be nearly as fun if it was a clunk fest.

2 months later
#2725 2 years ago

My WH20 could use a shop. Right now I have LEDs in the GI (including some blue under some of the mountains in the back that are now wearing on me). I'm thinking I'll go back to full incandescent for the GI to get the original dimming effects, and to get rid of any of the color blasting that I've grown to dislike.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
3,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Teverola, CAMPANIA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deaconblooze.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside