Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240421_120327 (resized).jpg
20240421_120348 (resized).jpg
IMG_1106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7186 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
White Water 12-7043 Wire.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_7687 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7686 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7694 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7678 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0737 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

White Water was my first game. A lot has happened in three years, since I got my first pinball machine. Lots of inn and outs. But there is just something special about your first machine. Especially if it's named White Water.
So glad that I decided to have it fixed up, instead of selling it.
It has been away for more than a year.(almost two)
Since then it has gotten a new playfield, color dmd, new ramps, new targets, new decals and leds.
Just a few days ago I got confirmation that a friend agreed to swap my repro topper with an original working one for 100$.
Tomorrow it will be back in my living room, where it belongs. Finished and ready to be appreciated again.
Feeling a bit sentimental and happy right now.
White Water rules

Amen brother, enjoy your game.

3 weeks later
#1688 8 years ago

One thing is not clear to me, is the ball supposed to go SDTM from a full plunge?

If it doesn't, what is the tweak to stop this? My machine seems levelled, etc.

Thanks.

#1690 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It is supposed to. The skill shot is getting it to go just over the hump and land on the upper playfield for the third flipper.

Thanks for that. I'm a bit surprised that is by design though. Its a bit brutal for my young kids and my Mrs.

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine drains about 95% of the time on a full plunge, but nobody full plunges whitewater anyway

My 4 yr old does

#1713 8 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It shouldn't do this. Left flipper.

Well this sucks. How off is the colour? I would guess the newer target would be a deeper shade of blue as it's newer and hasn't faded over time. I have one that is cracking and I'd hate to have to replace all of them to keep the colour consistent.

Thanks that that.

Found the SDTM plunge fix... there is a metal guide that screws up against the left side of the Spine Chiller ramp. At the top where the ball comes round the bend there is a metal flap which is attached to the guide. If this flap isn't flush against the plastic ramp it aims the ball SDTM. Once it's flush it hits the left flipper, I used a bit of tape just to hold it for now until I buy some sticky pads.

#1747 8 years ago

So how many other people have lightning flippers installed? I asked the guy when I bought it if these were standard and he said yes, but it was also set to 5 balls. I set it back to 3 balls and the game has always felt really hard to me, which is great, but I don't want to make it artificially so....

#1764 8 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I am looking to add side graphics. These seem to look a little better than the one with the trees from pin graphics. What do you all think ?

I have Dredd's ready to go on my machine. They look a lot better in terms of fitting the theme.

#1766 8 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I purchased a one owner from new WH20 last year and it came with all the original envelopes and goody bags. In one those bags was a spare set of plastics and a set of lightning flippers. So I'm guessing it came with both for the op to choose what he installed. The game kicks my ass enough as it is, never mind putting those on!!!

Ah thanks for that, I think that explains it. I think I'll leave them on for now, until I get fed up!

#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

can we see them?
i'd like them too

I don't have them installed yet, sorry. They are coiled up here ready to put on but I have some other things to add first so minimise lifiting the playfield. They are only paper/vinyl so imagine will mark quite easily.

3 months later
#1996 7 years ago

Wow that cab refresh is great work!!

May I also ask how you did it as mine is in a similar condition, how difficult was it to achieve that result?

Cheers.

4 months later
#2242 7 years ago

Agree this machine looks ghastly with cold tones. Mine came with GI and insert LEDs. Replaced the GI with incandescents and the colours looked 100% better, bought an LED OCD for the inserts as they look ok.

1 month later
#2346 7 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Something like this you had in mind?

Love this version even more!!!!!!!!!!

6 months later
#2617 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Took the words out of my mouth. My game still had the goodie bag included. Inside were lightning flippers. Looks like it was an operator option.

What these guys said. They came on my UK machine and I've never been tempted to remove them. The game can be kind of brutal but in a good way - white water rafting should be hazardous after all right?

3 months later
#2786 6 years ago

Each to their own on LEDs. I changed my GI from LEDs back to incandescents as I thought they didnt do the of colours any favours. Also keep them in the topper imo.

8 months later
#3024 5 years ago

Hi rafters!!

I'm having some issues with my 'Disaster Drop' shot. If I test the entry optos with the glass off it works ok, rolling a ball through slowly is fine. But during a game it seems to be hit and miss.

I was just wondering, do failing optos sometimes have a problem where they can't detect fast shots?

Cheers.

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

thewool, if I recall correctly, that ramp opto entry can be finicky because the optos are positioned on the outside of the ramp. It could be as simple as having to pull the ramp and clean it so that the optos have a clear shot through the plastic.

You're right this is through a ramp, it was working correctly so maybe it's just got a bit dusty. I'll give it all a clean and see if this sorts it.

Thank you.

1 year later
#5019 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

I’m doing a restore and during tear down of the playfield I only see one pop bumper plastic top. Is that right? I know the boulders cover then pops, but looking for clarity. Thanks.
[quoted image]

That looks odd, all 3 pops are covered by boulders.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2768&picno=9344

#5020 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That looks odd, all 3 pops are covered by boulders, no standard pop caps are used, at least not on my game.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2768&picno=9344

2 weeks later
#5058 3 years ago

White rubbers, then went with colour matched posts (blue/orange). Looks cool!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thewool.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whitewater-club-lifejackets-not-required?tu=thewool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.