image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can you put the coil strength to soft to protect your game in the meantime? I know thats not what you SHOULD have to do, but until an update comes out at least you won't break things.

Doesn't do anything noticeable. I've even had the slings launch balls over a flipper and even make it around the right orbit.

When I go to play SM, what a difference! Why they changed from something so perfect to this absurd 50V rocketfest I'll never understand. Are the past Sterns that have slings on the 50V bus this bad?

1 week later
#303 10 years ago

If they change the mystery hole award to something other than 500K, it's going to ruin it when I yell "I WANT MY 500,000 NOW, BITCHES!" every time the ball goes in there.

2 weeks later
#461 10 years ago

Is anyone actually downloading the rom image to see if it's been updated? Seems like the latest ST rom image was on their site before they updated the readme file.

1 week later
#525 10 years ago

It's interesting to note that Spider-man came out in June 2007. According to Stern's read-me file on that game it had revisions April 2009, August 2009, November 2009 and November 2010. I'm assuming there were several other revisions before then. Doing the math, that's almost 3-1/2 years.

Since I just bought my S-M last year, I don't know if there were actual modes missing, etc, when that game was released or if it was pretty much complete... The read-me files history doesn't say anything about adding modes.

So I guess several years of code updates aren't anything new.

#563 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

I'm sure a lot of people would have liked a quick fix for the slingshots of doom during the wait

Quoted from Gnatty:

There is a glaring bug still, and I've been waiting months for it to be resolved. My overpowered slings make my game very unenjoyable and now sits unplayed in my game room. I was told almost two months ago from Chaz that they are aware of the issue and the next update will address this. Yes I have added the 4 ohm 10 watt resistors to the coils and does not make a bit of difference. F'ing rediculous! Very frustrating and STERN should have addressed this months ago!

Can I get a big "Hell Yeah" to both of the above!!!

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

I'm hoping before Christmas too. Come on Stern. Give us something.

There. I fixed it.

#735 10 years ago

I can tell the natives are getting restless. I'm guessing "soon" is first quarter of 2014.

#747 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Did they ever put up a poll on FB to see which songs they should add?

The only poll (if you can call it that) is when they ask where you are going to play pinball this weekend. If you respond "in my basement gameroom", you get banned.

<<<in my best soup nazi voice "NO Stern FB for you...TWO YEAR!">>>

#774 10 years ago

These are probably the flipper bats...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3145

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

Awesome, but I have a question pls. Are these real aluminium or just aluminium painted plastic?

From what I understand they are actual aluminum. Might want to email Terry and ask.

2 weeks later
#1470 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

Releasing games with code only ~half done is a relatively new phenomenon. I don't recall any WPC games that were released with modes missing (maybe CC wizard mode). Yes there were revisions to the code, but that was mostly to fix bugs or to balance scoring.

Thanks to the internet and the USB interface on the SAM boards, this is now the norm. Don't have to burn ROM chips and send out through the mail anymore. Build now. Code later.

1 week later
#1602 10 years ago

January 13th is 5 months since the last update. If we see anything before March I'd really be surprised.

#1621 10 years ago

If the baby is crying...must be RELOAD.

reload-baby-crying-at-metallica.jpgreload-baby-crying-at-metallica.jpg

1 week later
#1804 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Have you ever had sparky multiball with out the ball on the magnet. Well..... Same thing except on coffin the coil has to sense the ball is there before it starts the cycle. With sparky it starts the mode weather it's on the magnet or not. This is why the Prem/LE gets phantom hits it will sense the ball for a split second . If it's not on the coil and goes through the cycle the coffin switchs do not activate and you have to relock a ball of the magnet

No comparison

I think what he was asking is, what is the difference between the magnet at the coffin vs. the grave marker or sparky magnets? The ball sticks to the sparky magnet. The ball sticks to the grave marker magnet. Why doesn't it stick to the coffin magnet? We understand that if the ball isn't on the magnet the mode doesn't start. What is different about the coffin magnet that it won't hold the ball?

#1978 10 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

I say we stop at #1999 and let the code release announcement be #2000, then we know it's official.

My fear is that Lyman has the code ready to go; but delays it one day for every post added to this thread. j/k. I couldn't wait 7 years...

#2008 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Great point - Just had the makings in my mind. Faulty feature - angry owners - and bad call outs… We got our own version of Sh!tty beast - "hit the grave marker"

IIRC, isn't there a software setting to turn off instructional call-outs?

#2056 10 years ago
Quoted from Wizbiscuit:

Reading the way to start seek and destroy most has really go me back into this pin, it has had a few quite months, but that really has added to my enjoyment...

Same here. For about the past week I've been trying. I was able to start S&D mode last night when I hit the captive ball; but the ball immediately went out the left outlane. Out of all my games, this is the biggest drain monster I have besides my EMs. I don't know what it is. But it's fun and frustrating at the same time.

#2136 10 years ago

I'm really confused, as to how Stern runs their business, if Lyman has to code from home. I work on 4 to 5 different projects at the same time. Sometimes they go out incomplete; but they usually get done within a few weeks after that. If there are issues with any projects (even from 2 years ago) I fix and update them during company time. That's how we do it. I've rarely worked on projects at home, and when I do, it's still charged to the company.

Does Gary tell the employees that we start the project on day X and finish on day Y and that's it. No more going back to fix, clean-up or massage code or hardware. It just doesn't make sense.

I know Stern has more than one programmer. Here where I work, I'm the only EE; so it makes it even harder for me to comprehend that Lyman has to work on this stuff at home and gets no help.

#2174 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've only had mine a few days and got extra ball and add fuel a couple times.

Well, the MYSTERY scoop is where you collect the extra ball; but extra ball is not a random award the MYSTERY will land on. Add Fuel does come up once in about every 20 or so awards.

#2178 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

False. Light EB can be awarded thru mystery.

Huh? In over 600 games it's NEVER...EVER come up as an award for me? Do you have a Pro or Prem/LE? Maybe there's a difference as I have a Pro.

#2215 10 years ago

So are you referring to multiple titles, or multiple updates to one title being held back?

I think he is referring to all SAM game updates being released, all at once, on one particular day. Kind of like a Super Code Sunday sort of thing...bam!

#2241 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This update is huge and is just a few weeks away. Possibly the biggest update Stern has ever done. Not sure why they didn't break it into multiple smaller updates, but it is what it is.

It's been a "few weeks away" since before Expo last year...

#2284 10 years ago

~~A Quote From Gary Stern's Day Off~~

Pinside: Metallica Code? Metallica Code? Metallica Code?

Gary: I heard it's going to be sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Lyman writing Metallica Code at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's seriously getting pretty close.

Pinside: Thank you, Gary.

Gary: No problem whatsoever.

#2332 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Rules?? We Don't need no stinkin rules!

Rules! You want the RULES?!?!? You can't handle the RULES!!!!

<sarcasm on> might need to wait until the BIG CODE DROP this week before adding the rules <sarcasm off>

#2419 10 years ago

32 posts to this thread in the past few hours...the code must be "soon"!

#2491 10 years ago

Eh. I've had my Pro since September last year and can't get past 140M. I played a Pro on route and on my first game got 180M. I could definitely tell that the route game was much easier to control and played a lot differently than the one I own. So it's not all just about "play better". Of all the games I have, this is the toughest and most frustrating (excluding the EMs).

1 week later
#2904 10 years ago
Quoted from Crrispy:

25 minutes ago on their fb page:

STERN PINBALL, INC. Exciting news very soon.
25 minutes ago.

"Exciting news very soon" translation: Metallica and Lang Lang are going to release a single of "One"

#2989 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

How many plays have you logged since the last update? Check your audits. I think I had 236. That's including hosting four league nights.

#3015 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Hey, it's only 50 bucks and the bet makes for a fun diversion while waiting for the code.

I'm sure Chuck will at least spot the 3 hour time difference window between midnight EDT and PDT if it happens to fall close to the bewitching hour...

#3021 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Hmmm looks like Metallica just put a post up on their page asking people to choose two new songs to add to the game.

Votes end March 3rd. Winning songs decided March 4th. Available for download "soon" after songs are decided...

#3063 10 years ago

Eye of the Beholder and Harvester of Sorrow have been cast...

#3074 10 years ago
Quoted from Yeagster:

Yeah, only Metallica original songs. No covers.

That's why Am I Evil is not available.

#3313 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you point me to where it states the exact release date? Only thing I see is when a poll closes.

The songs will be available 'soon' after the polls close.

1 week later
#3412 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How many times do I have to repeat it? Why won't you guys read the post about the poll on Metallica's website? Code update will be a few days after the winner is announced. AKA THIS WEEK.

Huh? Metallica website says SONG choices will be available a few days after voting. Says absolutely nothing about code update coming soon.

#3420 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Really? The songs have been available on CDs for years. That statement refers to the update WITH the songs. They're not going to just put up songs for download....this IS Metallica! LOL

Really. Read it again. It says nothing about code update.

#3421 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Mike here ya go.
From Metasite:
"It’s pretty simple, just click here, follow a few easy instructions and select the two songs you would like to add. The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes.
Thanks for helping us out... again!"

Yep. Nothing about code. Just songs. I know you're reading between the lines, but that's not what the site is saying. Sorry.

#3423 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How exactly are you going to get those songs on your pinball without updating the code? Some level of code update is pretty implied I would think.

I agree that they will probably bundle the code with the new songs as it makes sense. But that's not what Metallica's site says or implies.

#3503 10 years ago

Bets on code coming week of the 24th?

Exactly what I'm thinking too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 149.00
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.