image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 75.
#1 10 years ago

I have been patiently waiting. Time to start asking around. Who knows Lyman?

ACDC buyers where screaming for updates at this time. Lyman will deliver a great update again, Im sure.

#2 10 years ago

I'm pretty surprised it's been over a month without an update, and even longer since a substantial one. I'm going to guess we'll see an update this month, and it will contain the Crank It Up modes, as well as the band member modes. Anything less than that would be ridiculous if Lyman has been working on it full time this entire time.

#3 10 years ago

Xmas present POWERpack

#4 10 years ago

Agreed. We need an insider to weigh in.

#5 10 years ago

C'ant wait to see End of the Line,what kind of Wizard mode it will be,i am begging for
a Super hard fun one and nothing less!!!

The song End of the Line is amazing.
Lots of cool stuff Lyman can do with the Lightning!

Futur coding will include a sound for the Hammer ?

#6 10 years ago

I don't know nuffin about nuffin - but my guess: We'll see it before/by Expo for various reasons.

#7 10 years ago

Yes, I have heard rumors about it being released prior to Expo as well

#8 10 years ago

Personally I 'm waiting for new software for Metallica,X-men and Avengers,AC/DC is OK for me
With the new Star trek I hope Stern don't forget us

#9 10 years ago

I'm in no hurry for that update myself - it will happen soon enough. Just swapped out 5 of the songs for much better ones and am really enjoying them.

Next up - getting rid of the "Great Frikkin' Shot" callout by Lars...

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from powerslave:

Personally I 'm waiting for new software for Metallica,X-men and Avengers,AC/DC is OK for me
With the new Star Trek I hope Stern don't forget us

I think we deserve an xmen update before a Metallica update. Just saying.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think we deserve an xmen update before a Metallica update. Just saying.

One has nothing to do with the other, regardless of what you think we "deserve".

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm in no hurry for that update myself - it will happen soon enough. Just swapped out 5 of the songs for much better ones and am really enjoying them.
Next up - getting rid of the "Great Frikkin' Shot" callout by Lars...

How did you swap out songs.... Anxiously asks

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, cool but looks complicated

I agree, I tried looking at how to do this and my brain hurt. I am too afraid to screw something up which I am good at doing.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I agree, I tried looking at how to do this and my brain hurt. I am too afraid to screw something up which I am good at doing.

It's ok, just wait for someone to make a sweet custom one based off the newer code after it's released and use it

A code update is definitely coming and it's a BIG one with lots of changes and added modes. It will also help work more in sync with the newer magnet boards. Can't wait!

Timeframe = No Idea (but the sooner the better!)

p.s. Stern, if you're reading, the lack of code updates on Metallica, XMen, & others is 85% of the reason I passed on purchasing Start Trek. I had to start speaking with my wallet... Just sayin'

#17 10 years ago

A code update is definitely coming and it's a BIG one with lots of changes and added modes. It will also help work more in sync with the newer magnet boards. Can't wait!

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The hardest part is modifying the new songs to be the correct length. Changing them to mono and resampling at 24k only takes a couple of button clicks. With Metallica, I didn't need to do any dynamic range compression that some have done on other games to get the volumes to match. Luckily, I'm pretty versed at Sound Forge (a sound file editor) so it was fairly simple.

I'll wait until the next big update before I start messing with dots.

#19 10 years ago

Anyone have code with different songs I can download. Just want something new till the new update comes out. So bored with current code

Oh an Xmen and Advengers need updates. Xmen is actually a fun game. An update would make it much better as their are still several problems with current code.

#20 10 years ago

i aint changing nothing

i am waiting for codes...when battery mode
will start on the Dmd you will see Sparky get
beat up...fits with the song so i will see
in a few months but i would just love to put
in there All nightmare long song.

#21 10 years ago

The code's coming right before expo. It won't be the final update.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

The hardest part is modifying the new songs to be the correct length. Changing them to mono and resampling at 24k only takes a couple of button clicks. With Metallica, I didn't need to do any dynamic range compression that some have done on other games to get the volumes to match. Luckily, I'm pretty versed at Sound Forge (a sound file editor) so it was fairly simple.
I'll wait until the next big update before I start messing with dots.

Can you change the Beast Quotes on XMen?

#23 10 years ago

Last update was August 2nd I believe...

#24 10 years ago

Im ok with the wait...its already a blast
hard to wait cause i see all the potential
in it.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you change the Beast Quotes on XMen

Yes you can - just need some audio file to put in its place. But with Pinball Browser we can change anything!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

The code's coming right before expo. It won't be the final update.

How do you know so far from Chicago? When is Expo ?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone have code with different songs I can download. Just want something new till the new update comes out. So bored with current code
Oh an Xmen and Advengers need updates. Xmen is actually a fun game. An update would make it much better as their are still several problems with current code.

Disabled the loop post? Like a new machine. Keeping me going till the next code.

#28 10 years ago

disabling the loop most almost takes the pop bumpers out of the game, I tried it, didnt like it, combos were easier though.

#29 10 years ago

Will put it back on with new code..then at least it's an easy setting to change..can flip it on and off with mood. I just think it's one of the easiest ways to change the whole feel of the machine..Like two machines in one.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Expo starts next wed oct 16th and goes until Sunday.

I remember waiting for ACDC. Seemed like forever and then BOOM awesome code update. Hopefully it will be released before or during expo.

#31 10 years ago

Around expo I heard or shortly thereafter.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You don't know expo ?!?! Blasphemy !!!

#33 10 years ago

Still hoping that we get it soon.

#34 10 years ago

I got a peak at the readme earlier:

- Added '250,000 points' to the mystery award table. That will teach you fuckers to bitch about getting 500,000 points.
- Implemented new ball lock state. If the magnet doesn't grab the ball when lock is lit, the magnet core stays under the playfield until the ball falls into the hole. The hammer fires constantly during this time.
- Added crank it up mode. The game volume automatically increases by 50% when crank it up is started.
- Band member modes implemented (thanks Lonnie!). To start, hit the pick targets 4 times. To finish, hit the pick targets 40 times.
- Deadpool implemented. (Suck it Xmen owners.) When you start deadpool mode he players annoying one-liners.
- Added laser light show - color changing LEDs now pulse through all possible colors 100% of the time.
- Added DMD animation during ball search to show The Hulk with a ball stuck under his arm. 'How I get here???'

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

- Added '250,000 points' to the mystery award table. That will teach you fuckers to bitch about getting 500,000 points.
- Implemented new ball lock state. If the magnet doesn't grab the ball when lock is lit, the magnet core stays under the playfield until the ball falls into the hole. The hammer fires constantly during this time.
- Added crank it up mode. The game volume automatically increases by 50% when crank it up is started.
- Band member modes implemented (thanks Lonnie!). To start, hit the pick targets 4 times. To finish, hit the pick targets 40 times.
- Deadpool implemented. (Suck it Xmen owners.) When you start deadpool mode he players annoying one-liners.
- Added laser light show - color changing LEDs now pulse through all possible colors 100% of the time.
- Added DMD animation during ball search to show The Hulk with a ball stuck under his arm. 'How I get here???'

image.gifimage.gif
#36 10 years ago

^ ^ You had me for a second.... Just a second though

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

- Added '250,000 points' to the mystery award table. That will teach you fuckers to bitch about getting 500,000 points.- Implemented new ball lock state. If the magnet doesn't grab the ball when lock is lit, the magnet core stays under the playfield until the ball falls into the hole. The hammer fires constantly during this time.- Added crank it up mode. The game volume automatically increases by 50% when crank it up is started.- Band member modes implemented (thanks Lonnie!). To start, hit the pick targets 4 times. To finish, hit the pick targets 40 times.- Deadpool implemented. (Suck it Xmen owners.) When you start deadpool mode he players annoying one-liners.- Added laser light show - color changing LEDs now pulse through all possible colors 100% of the time.- Added DMD animation during ball search to show The Hulk with a ball stuck under his arm. 'How I get here???'

Post of the day..or month...you win..

#38 10 years ago

Way to go Zucot! Freaking hilarious! I love your new implementation of the Hammer... premium/LE rocks now!!!

#39 10 years ago

I think he is half way not kidding. I hope the hammer and crank it up modes are in new code. Hulk line is funny.

#40 10 years ago

Not long now hopefully tomorrow

#41 10 years ago

Fatrain... me too! Lack of code updates on many Stern's games made me pull out of STLE as well.

#42 10 years ago

Tonight I got all 4 objectives lit to complete END OF THE LINE, but how do you get it? Is there a special shot after all those are lit or is that a piece of uncompleted code? Hopefully update before Saturday 4pm.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Fatrain... me too! Lack of code updates on many Stern's games made me pull out of STLE as well.

That and the LE price! Im going JJP Hobbit before Ill pay that for a Stern. At least I can use it as an IPOD player.

Lyman makes you wait, but when he does, he drops HUGE updates. As shown on ACDC, SM and Tron. Metallica has so much potential and it already plays great. (with New Magnet board)

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Late this week/before expo I heard.

Hope you're right!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Late this week/before expo I heard.

Around what time ?

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Two PM's sent.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Tonight I got all 4 objectives lit to complete END OF THE LINE, but how do you get it? Is there a special shot after all those are lit or is that a piece of uncompleted code? Hopefully update before Saturday 4pm.

End of line is missing from code still. If you go into settings on current code it shows 50 hears to each of the four shots. 50 grave marker drops. 50 sparky. 50 captive ball and 50 snake. That's a hell of a feat. Sparky and captive ball aren't too bad but 50 drop targets and 50 into snake are a bear. It's how the 4 main inserts are lit.

#48 10 years ago

oh o

Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:End of line is missing from code still. If you go into settings on current code it shows 50 hears to each of the four shots. 50 grave marker drops. 50 sparky. 50 captive ball and 50 snake. That's a hell of a feat. Sparky and captive ball aren't too bad but 50 drop targets and 50 into snake are a bear. It's how the 4 main inserts are lit.

Oh, ok. I'll have to check that. I scores damn near 200 milllion, It was a helluva game!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Two PM's sent.

I do hope we get an update soon.

In the meantime I like other Metallica songs too and I also like PMs!

#50 10 years ago

The only thing Metallica is lacking is a better mystery. Other than that, a wizard mode. But did they really plan on a wizard mode?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.