image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 75.
#2001 10 years ago

2000th post

#2002 10 years ago

2001 ...a code odyssey.

#2003 10 years ago

Just missed it!

#2004 10 years ago

Remember when we were like 'omg lolz its gonna hit 1000 posts before code comes'

#2005 10 years ago

We will hit 10,000 posts before an update at this rate, again I say "FUCK YOU STERN"

#2006 10 years ago

Metallica = Lyman
X-men = Waison

Not sure a modern Stern that Lyman has his fingers in has ever devalued after a 'final' (or at least a completed game) release...in fact quite the opposite.

SM
Tron
ACDC

Quoted from coz6:

My theory is price will drop when new code comes out - I think move value is placed on what might be then what will be delivered. X-men did this same song and dance - get out while you have hope. I personally will keep mine - just to play the thing but from an investment standpoint probably not the best idea. However it would be great if I am wrong.

#2007 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Metallica = Lyman
X-men = Waison
Not sure a modern Stern that Lyman has his fingers in has ever devalued after a 'final' (or at least a completed game) release...in fact quite the opposite.
SM
Tron
ACDC

Great point - Just had the makings in my mind. Faulty feature - angry owners - and bad call outs… We got our own version of Sh!tty beast - "hit the grave marker"

#2008 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Great point - Just had the makings in my mind. Faulty feature - angry owners - and bad call outs… We got our own version of Sh!tty beast - "hit the grave marker"

IIRC, isn't there a software setting to turn off instructional call-outs?

#2009 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

IIRC, isn't there a software setting to turn off instructional call-outs?

Thanks! Now that you mention it I think I have seen that.

#2010 10 years ago

I have a Wolverines and feel your pain. I'm confident that Lyman will light this game up with the next update. He takes WAY to much pride in his work not too.

What really sucks is I'm starting to become a fan of Borg games...but he has been getting Fed on the code side. His layouts are awesome

Quoted from coz6:

#2011 10 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I have a Wolverines and feel your pain. I'm confident that Lyman will light this game up with the next update. He takes WAY to much pride in his work not too.
What really sucks is I'm starting to become a fan of Borg games...but his getting Fed on the code side. His layouts are awesome

Huge borg fan - Love x-men, got it when the game was in chaos - figured others were dumping because of the code and when the new code came out the game would go up like crazy, because it was such a great pin, and no premium on this version. However it did not - not the reason I got it - still love the game, but I know that the final code won't change the value on this game the pin world has moved on.

#2012 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Huge borg fan - Love x-men, got it when the game was in chaos - figured others were dumping because of the code and when the new code came out the game would go up like crazy, because it was such a great pin, and no premium on this version. However it did not - not the reason I got it - still love the game, but I know that the final code won't change the value on this game the pin world has moved on.

Don't be so sure. S-M remained stagnant in value and code for three years.

#2013 10 years ago

I asked Dirty Donny on Instagram if he knew anything about a code update:

dirtydonnypinball.JPGdirtydonnypinball.JPG

#2014 10 years ago

Anyone know what Borgs next game will be?

#2015 10 years ago

Metallica Luci edition?

#2016 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone know what Borgs next game will be?

Doubt whether I'll buy one he needs to finish his bloody games its a joke it really is.

#2017 10 years ago

This wait is really getting old. It has really soured me on Stern. I really wish that I could say, "I'll never even consider buying a NIB Stern unless the code is complete", but there are 2 titles that I want so badly, I'd take the risk just to get in on the early LE's. I'm getting more and more disappointed by the day. I hope that the update does something to change that.

#2018 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I hear the Mustang update is being worked on as we speak

Yes they are trying to update the Mustang to look like a HEMI Challenger, but Ford wants to keep the 23-65 women buyer locked down, so it will look boring and will be slow as shit. Pin and car!!

#2019 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There's the difference. Spend 7k on one, sit on on this code for 6 months and come back and tell me how awesome it still is

Wouldn't change a thing. See, I always play a game first before buying one to make sure I'm happy with the progress so far. That way, I never get disappointed. You should try it. For the sake of all of us here, please try it.

Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Because it's a relatively boring game with 50-75% of it's 'features' unused.

You have a vivid imagination. I hope you also use it in positive ways.

#2020 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

post #1986
how ironic...my favorite 1986 song---- Metallicas master of puppets

Ahh, the 80's

What a great time for Metal !

Raw and powerful back then

Just awesome !

My LE 86 will never be sold
I plan to get cremated in the F*cker,

I dig the band and the game The code will drop, that's for sure !

certain to make this title a classic

S&D.jpgS&D.jpg

#2021 10 years ago

I went to EAG yesterday and had a chat with Gary and Shelly stating my opinions re met code,communicatiosn and stuff.
I did another post here

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eag-londonpins-and-chat-with-gary#post-1401263

Long story short,he admitted the fooked up with metallica but they ARE working on code for it(hard enough to get that out of him! )

poibug

#2022 10 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

I went to EAG yesterday and had a chat with Gary and Shelly stating my opinions re met code,communicatiosn and stuff.
I did another post here
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eag-londonpins-and-chat-with-gary#post-1401263
Long story short,he admitted the fooked up with Metallica but they ARE working on code for it(hard enough to get that out of him! )
poibug

Thank you!!!! I still can't believe that the pinball magazin guy and Robin guys got an evening with Gary and haven't asked him about this.

#2023 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Thank you!!!! I still can't believe that the pinball magazin guy and Robin guys got an evening with Gary and haven't asked him about this.

Maybe they did and did not post on it?
Maybe they don't want to jeopardise future communications,whereas I am an upset punter,so am able to tell them my proper opinion

#2024 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Wouldn't change a thing. See, I always play a game first before buying one to make sure I'm happy with the progress so far. That way, I never get disappointed. You should try it. For the sake of all of us here, please try it.

If you'd have actually read thru this thread and others you'd see that a number of us full well admit and know this, and with your seemingly glowing opinion of the game in its current form I'm surprised you haven't picked one up

You have a vivid imagination. I hope you also use it in positive ways.

You do know that there are supposedly modes for every song coming, none of the progress or pick inserts lights mean a thing, the mystery award isn't a mystery, the lights in the fuel lane mean nothing, no wizard mode to speak of, a half baked hammer lock on the LE... Almost 100% of the inserts and text in the smack middle of the PF mean nothing. It's not a stretch to think the game is half finished, maybe even less so.

Your tone isn't appreciated in this, a Metallica code whining thread. You don't have a horse in the race and are therefore ill equipped for the proper mindset of code whining

#2025 10 years ago

Despite phish's best efforts, let's get this thread back on track:

buddy_boy.jpgbuddy_boy.jpg

#2026 10 years ago

The strange thing is whilst I hate all the missing code I enjoy the game more than ACDC as it is - must be in a very small minority though.

#2027 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Despite phish's best efforts, let's get this thread back on track:

buddy_boy.jpg 7 KB

Hahaha exactly! Thank you MP!

#2028 10 years ago

James H. From metallica is doing an interview on my local radio station on Monday. Should I call in and ask him if he knows when the code will be done and if there adding more songs?

#2029 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

James H. From Metallica is doing an interview on my local radio station on Monday. Should I call in and ask him if he knows when the code will be done and if there adding more songs?

He couldn't even be bothered to give a half enthusiastic jackpot call out. I doubt he knows about code and game rules. LOL

#2030 10 years ago

Today starts day one of my Met ownership, so I can easily wait a week before I need new code.

#2031 10 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Today starts day one of my Met ownership, so I can easily wait a week before I need new code.

Congrats! Welcome to the club. The waiting club...

#2032 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

James H. From Metallica is doing an interview on my local radio station on Monday. Should I call in and ask him if he knows when the code will be done and if there adding more songs?

DOOOO IIIITTTTT!!!!!

#2033 10 years ago

I would bet this will be out by the time Mustang is released. I am sure Stern doesn't want to support 2 platforms going forward.

I agree it would be helpful if they just said that and people weren't checking everyday and getting more ticked off.

#2034 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Congrats! Welcome to the club. The waiting club...

Or should we call it the Crying Game?

#2035 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The strange thing is whilst I hate all the missing code I enjoy the game more than ACDC as it is - must be in a very small minority though.

I'm in this with you. I love the fact that Metallica was designed to be "adult" but also "lighthearted" at the same time. It's a great contrast and it works well with the playfield and the theme. I'm betting there's been enough of a stink that Stern really will remediate the code situation on this one, and I'm hedging that bet.

#2036 10 years ago

He couldn't even be bothered to give a half enthusiastic jackpot call out. I doubt he knows about code and game rules. LOL

Actually, if you go through the software in the pinball browser by oga83, there are piles of callouts that are not used in the game code currently. There's some good jackpot callouts from James, ranging from simple to enthusiastic "JACK-F**CKIN-POT!!!". It seems to me that generally (of the band members) James has the most and the best callouts in terms of delivery and enthusiasm. Many of them are simply not used yet in the current software.

I actually like Kirk's really over the top silly "super jackpot!" callout, makes me laugh. (edit : also not used yet, but contained in the data for the older software for sure)

#2037 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Actually, if you go through the software in the pinball browser by oga83, there are piles of callouts that are not used in the game code currently. There's some good jackpot callouts from James, ranging from simple to enthusiastic "JACK-F**CKIN-POT!!!". It seems to me that generally (of the band members) James has the most and the best callouts in terms of delivery and enthusiasm. Many of them are simply not used yet in the current software.
I actually like Kirk's really over the top silly "super jackpot!" callout, makes me laugh. (edit : also not used yet, but contained in the data for the older software for sure)

Wonderful. More stuff that's incomplete that I was unaware of. Haha

#2038 10 years ago

I did also mention to Gary about this thread,stating it didn't put the company in the best light

#2039 10 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

I did also mention to Gary about this thread,stating it didn't put the company in the best light

Did he have a response - or ignore us?

#2040 10 years ago

Well, unboxed, all cliffy'd up and getting the "this game will not operate in this country message". Plus the translight starter is bad. My other Sterns run fine on the same circuit. I've read it was possibly voltage related, but the others run fine. Any thoughts? Grrr.

#2041 10 years ago

Well, unboxed, all cliffy'd up and getting the "this game will not operate in this country message". Plus the translight starter is bad. My other Sterns run fine on the same circuit. I've read it was possibly voltage related, but the others run fine. Any thoughts? Grrr.

Man your cursed - Tron was a box of problems for you as well.

#2042 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Man your cursed - Tron was a box of problems for you as well.

Tell me about it. At least it is cosmetically unflawed.

#2043 10 years ago

Come On.....

image-87.jpgimage-87.jpg
#2044 10 years ago

Unhinge the back box and look for kinked wires caught in there. Seriously.

#2045 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

He will probably say we will all be a bunch of old men by the time the code gets released.

#2046 10 years ago

Reseat the ribbon cables running between the boards. I had this same issue with my FG after moving it. I will try and snap a pic in the AM

Chris

#2047 10 years ago

Tomorrow's the Big day!

#2048 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Tomorrow's the Big day!

How do you know? Did I miss something on this thread?

#2049 10 years ago

Waiting for DVD release maybe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 149.00
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.