image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 75.
#1801 10 years ago

I wouldn't call my TOTAN minty, but when a ball is on the magnet, it is solid until it gets ready to release it. Then, it purposefully wobbles a bit to add randomness to the release.

I have a MET Pro, so I don't have direct experience, but my guess is that the detection is still a bit flaky, and they want to avoid leaving the magnet on all the time and burning it up. I would guess they are doing this by lowering the pulse duty cycle, and in some cases, it is not enough to hold the ball still.

#1802 10 years ago

I don't have a Facebook but considered it just to post questions about when this code is getting released? Everyone in this thread should post until they give up some info.

#1803 10 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

I dont have a premium and havent played one either.... But on the pro, the sparky and grave magnets arent wobbly. In fact ive seen my sparky magnet suck an air ball right out of the air. They never wobble when they are holding the ball. What is different about the coffin magnet?

Have you ever had sparky multiball with out the ball on the magnet. Well..... Same thing except on coffin the coil has to sense the ball is there before it starts the cycle. With sparky it starts the mode weather it's on the magnet or not. This is why the Prem/LE gets phantom hits it will sense the ball for a split second . If it's not on the coil and goes through the cycle the coffin switchs do not activate and you have to relock a ball of the magnet

No comparison

#1804 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Have you ever had sparky multiball with out the ball on the magnet. Well..... Same thing except on coffin the coil has to sense the ball is there before it starts the cycle. With sparky it starts the mode weather it's on the magnet or not. This is why the Prem/LE gets phantom hits it will sense the ball for a split second . If it's not on the coil and goes through the cycle the coffin switchs do not activate and you have to relock a ball of the magnet

No comparison

I think what he was asking is, what is the difference between the magnet at the coffin vs. the grave marker or sparky magnets? The ball sticks to the sparky magnet. The ball sticks to the grave marker magnet. Why doesn't it stick to the coffin magnet? We understand that if the ball isn't on the magnet the mode doesn't start. What is different about the coffin magnet that it won't hold the ball?

#1805 10 years ago

Think about the area you hitting. To hit the grave marker it rolls over and right back at and over the magnet pole , sparky is very confined and it could pull the ball from a close spot. On coffin the ball can be deflected on a much bigger path. On Totan it's vey similar to the sparky shot. I feel it more a matter of the geometry of the ball path

My 2 cents

#1806 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I don't have a Facebook but considered it just to post questions about when this code is getting released? Everyone in this thread should post until they give up some info.

Lyman's code could be done and we're just waiting for the approval on the new songs they were going to add, who knows.

https://www.facebook.com/Metallica

Looks like it's active at least.

#1807 10 years ago
Quoted from Hudson:

Sorry I am not rich like you. I bought what I could afford and am enjoying my purchase.
Guess it sucks to be us guys that can't afford a Premium or LE model to impress guys like you.

Chillax. It was just a joke, and I'm far from rich. My current collection is a result of buying/selling/trading almost 200 pins over the last 5 years whittled down to under 20. I just set myself up in good position to drink wine on a beer budget, if ya know what I mean. No disrespect meant, glad you enjoy your game.

P.S. I still own my first high school car which is none other than... a V6 mustang
(hence my reference, lol)

Quoted from SteveP3:

You're not totally ignorant about trolling though.
edit : let's be real about the LE vs the Pro. If the Pro is a V6 mustang, the LE is a V6 mustang with leather, a custom paint job, sunroof that jams sometimes and 4 tailpipes coming out the back instead of 2.

^ Now that's funny
Oh, and it's got a body kit

#1808 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

I haven't played the video game, but I did play a minty real TOTAN tonight. The ball wobbled every time the magnet held the ball.
Magnets take a lot of power. If you hook up a Killawatt to your game and set it to amps, you can easily see this. I assume magnets are pulsed so they don't fry transistors, wires and the magnets themselves. Some day they'll find a better way to do it, but until then, you should expect a wobble. I get that folks are saying other things are going on besides the wobble, but I don't think anyone should expect the wobble to completely go away. Ain't gonna happen.

The other two magnets in Metallica don t wobble? And the old software and magnet board didn't either. The detection method on the coffin magnet is the culprit, not magnets in general.

All that needs to happen is the magnet goes full power after it's been detected during its wobble. It's not that complicated

#1809 10 years ago

One of the top three worst new words in the english language

#1810 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

P.S. I still own my first high school car which is none other than... a V6 mustang
(hence my reference, lol)

I don't want to siderail this thread too much, but my first car was also a Mustang, but mine was a V8. This pic is about 27 years old! Yikes!

When is the Mustang code update? Soon?

Picture 005_edited.JPGPicture 005_edited.JPG

#1811 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

One of the top three worst new words in the english language

It's new? I said that shit like 10 years ago? But on that same note, I will say that I want to punch someone right in the face when/if they say YOLO.

Ughhhh, whatever. I'll try to stay away from this thread anwyays. It's just depressing.

#1812 10 years ago

YOLO - So Borg knowing YOLO should get the damn code out so the rest of us can enjoy it in our lifetime

#1813 10 years ago

What comes first

This post getting to 2000 or code?

This post getting to 2500 or code?

This post getting to 3000 or code?

We should have a contest.

My vote is 2143 posts and then we get code. That should be about 2 more more weeks.

#1814 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What comes first

Every penny of my money is on post 2000 coming first, before post 2500 or post 3000. I will take all bets against.

#1815 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What comes first
My vote is 2143 posts and then we get code. That should be about 2 more more weeks.

My vote is 2499...

#1816 10 years ago

This monster thread is absolute about one thing. Nobody knows shit about shit when it comes to the new Metallica code.

#1817 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I don't want to siderail this thread too much

I think the only thing that could derail this thread is the actual metalica code update itself dropping, has to be the staunchest thread going at the moment eh.

I'm with gambit3113, 2000 posts will happen before >2000 posts will

#1818 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

This monster thread is absolute about one thing. Nobody knows shit about shit when it comes to the new Metallica code.

I'm just saying, maybe go bug Metallica about it.

#1819 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just saying, maybe go bug Metallica about it.

That's a good idea. I bet Hetfield hasn't even started working on the code yet.

#1820 10 years ago
Quoted from damionrowe:

Wrong. I said it would be done when Lyman says it's done and I was right

#1821 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Wrong. I said it would be done when Lyman says it's done and I was right

I'm not so sure that this is right.

#1822 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

It is wrong, everyone knows it's not finished until a plump lady warbles.

#1823 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I think the only thing that could derail this thread is the actual metalica code update itself dropping

Will be a sad day perhaps in early 2015 when this day comes.

Hate to see such a productive thread go away. At least we can then form the "Metallica code is broken" thread shortly thereafter.

#1824 10 years ago

I heard a rumour that the code is dropping next week !

#1825 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Good rumor - and when we get to the end of the next week - we will do this all again! Long live hope!

#1826 10 years ago

#1827 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I think what he was asking is, what is the difference between the magnet at the coffin vs. the grave marker or sparky magnets? The ball sticks to the sparky magnet. The ball sticks to the grave marker magnet. Why doesn't it stick to the coffin magnet? We understand that if the ball isn't on the magnet the mode doesn't start. What is different about the coffin magnet that it won't hold the ball?

Yes exactly.

Ive started sparky multiball and the ball fly off and over into the pops before. The game skipped the animation and light show and just launched more balls. In other words the mode still started eventhough the magnet didnt get the ball.

So obviously the opto and or the sparky target is starting the mode and not whether the magnet locks the ball.

Perhaps on the premium the mode doesnt start until the coffin trough registers enough balls. And since you cant get in the coffin unless the magnet grabs the ball.....

Sorry i was just wondering why the coffin was different. But it sounds like a software thing, not a physical magnet issue...

#1828 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That's a good idea. I bet Hetfield hasn't even started working on the code yet.

I hear he's a good coder. He just yells at the computer like a drunken sailor until it starts programming what he wants.

Ooooooohhhhhh Yeah-heahhhhhhhhhh

#1829 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just curious, I know people have tried asking on Stern's FB page and it gets ignored or deleted.
But has anyone tried asking on Metallica's FB page about the code? I bet they know what's up, I heard they're still into the pin and play it and shit, so people asking them might get some kind of response.

I like your thinking

#1830 10 years ago

Seriously just stop, this is becoming Groundhog Day

#1831 10 years ago
Quoted from CMCVT1979:

Seriously just stop, this is becoming Groundhog Day

They say we're young and we don't know...

#1832 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yah I know, it will be done when stern stops coding it. We as players will decide if its a piece of crap or not. Currently it is an expensive piece of crap. That's why stern should make sure we like it or we send our business to someone who cares. Smart buyers will wait and evaluate (no rush to buy when you can buy at a discount later or not at all).

#1833 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Currently it is an expensive piece of crap.

It's the most fun piece of crap I own! Seriously I'm still loving it - as strange as that is with all the missing stuff…I f*cking love it. Had a killer game last nite, picked One as my song…even with my new STLE in the room, I prefer playing MetLE - it just feels so good…the *schling* of the metal ramps - love the shot insert rules (choose, collect inserts, start hurry up, collect hurry up)….love Lady Justice, Fuel, the personality of the Multiballs…love the Fuel lane shot. After the update this game might be a solid 10…I can't even imagine!

#1834 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

as strange as that is with all the missing stuff…I f*cking love it.

Agree!! I play the hell out of ST but MET is my second game and just about as much fun as is.

#1835 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

They say we're young and we don't know...

LOL, funny movie!

#1836 10 years ago

Stern's Epic Announcement.

Metallica update coming to a theatre near you 2014

#1837 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's the most fun piece of crap I own! Seriously I'm still loving it - as strange as that is with all the missing stuff…I f*cking love it. Had a killer game last nite, picked One as my song…even with my new STLE in the room, I prefer playing MetLE - it just feels so good…the *schling* of the metal ramps - love the shot insert rules (choose, collect inserts, start hurry up, collect hurry up)….love Lady Justice, Fuel, the personality of the Multiballs…love the Fuel lane shot. After the update this game might be a solid 10…I can't even imagine!

Good layout,and toys. Crappy rules.... mystery is what again?

#1838 10 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Good layout,and toys. Crappy rules.... mystery is what again?

It is what it is. Mystery award doesn't make or break a game for me. It will clearly have more prizes when the game is updated.

#1839 10 years ago

TRON scoop awarded 500K for a year and a half, and I did not hear 1/8th of this much crying about it.

#1840 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Agree!! I play the hell out of ST but MET is my second game and just about as much fun as is.

I agree with this as well.

#1841 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TRON scoop awarded 500K for a year and a half, and I did not hear 1/8th of this much crying about it.

Maybe that's why it was a year and a half? Just sayin? .... Another term like chilax that needs to die.0

#1842 10 years ago

Every time I see around 30+ new posts on this thread, I check hoping the update dropped. Guess I should wait for 100+ posts.

#1843 10 years ago

It really should be a priority for Stern to finish the code on their games. It seems like they are always looking to push the next title. While it's pretty obvious that it hurts their bottom line when buyers become bitter and stop buying their products, what might be less obvious is that all of these unfinished games getting re-sold on the secondary market are also hurting their sales. The people buying Metallica second hand were potential buyers of a NIB Metallica that Stern has lost another sale on. If the code was finished, or even getting regular updates, you wouldn't see nearly so many getting dumped right now.

#1844 10 years ago

if stern really cared about met code, and their customers, they would have deployed the resources to finish it in a timely manner. period.

#1845 10 years ago

YES WHY DID THEY NOT CLONE LYMAN?

#1846 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It really should be a priority for Stern to finish the code on their games. It seems like they are always looking to push the next title. While it's pretty obvious that it hurts their bottom line when buyers become bitter and stop buying their products, what might be less obvious is that all of these unfinished games getting re-sold on the secondary market are also hurting their sales. The people buying Metallica second hand were potential buyers of a NIB Metallica that Stern has lost another sale on. If the code was finished, or even getting regular updates, you wouldn't see nearly so many getting dumped right now.

+1

#1847 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

YES WHY DID THEY NOT CLONE LYMAN?

Splice Lyman and Keith's DNA and clone the result.

#1848 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

if stern really cared about met code, and their customers, they would have deployed the resources to finish it in a timely manner. period.

+1

#1849 10 years ago

What Stern should do is get a half dozen college intern programming geniuses to help Lyman and just pay them in weed and munchies. What's the problem?

Pull a few all nighters and have it done over the weekend.

#1850 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What Stern should do is get a half dozen college intern programming geniuses to help Lyman and just pay them in weed and munchies. What's the problem?

Help Lyman or create Facebook.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.