image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 75.
#301 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I agree that Justice for All (or is it Lady Justice?) needs to be more than 300k. There's a lot more work that goes into getting there than Mystery Hole, and that awards 500K!

I think technically it's Lady Justice Mode

The way I THINK it's going to work (based on the scales concept on the DMD) is that either stringing combos together will build the values left/right/left/right etc... while swinging the scales back and forth... OR shooting left or right shots over and over will build one side of the scale up really high, then shooting the opposite side would collect and reverse the scales.

#302 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I agree that Justice for All (or is it Lady Justice?) needs to be more than 300k. There's a lot more work that goes into getting there than Mystery Hole, and that awards 500K!

Every time you alternate sides (tipping the scales) the point values go up...so just 2 combo shots and you're over 500k ...get 2x running with it and you're stylin' if you can keep comboing the ramps !

#303 10 years ago

If they change the mystery hole award to something other than 500K, it's going to ruin it when I yell "I WANT MY 500,000 NOW, BITCHES!" every time the ball goes in there.

#304 10 years ago

One of the reasons I am not too disheartened is that the potential in this game is immense. I just hope it gets finished.

#305 10 years ago

I wish the fuel lane didn't end the combo. Rather it light the combo jackpot at the captive ball instead to cash in the combo jackpot or try to build up higher by shooting the ramp or orbit.

#306 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think my biggest gripe with Metallica right now (aside from missing modes and features) is that I find the scoring somewhat unbalanced over all the modes and features. There is little reason scorewise to try to start Justice for All mode, there is no incentive for combos, and there is no incentive for combo 'end of line' jackpot collects in the fuel lane. The only way to achieve the 200 mil+ scores is by stacking everything possible into coffin MB, or having a really big 4x multiball stack some other way. Unless you are in a MB and pick up the 2x or 4x, not a single mode or shot (aside from perhaps SnD) is worth squat in single ball play.
Something like the fuel lane combo ender should be much more progressively valuable. I'd love to see it's value increase by like 1 mil for every combo shot and drop back to 0 on collect, or end of ball. Kinda like the ACDC song jackpot. As it is right now its typically 1 mil which is pointless to risk the shot for. Maybe even lock in the fuel lane combo value during MB so that it doesn't reset on collect? I dunno. I'm tired of making the shot, getting my 1 million and ending my combo. I don't even bother unless the 2x is lit. Same with justice for all - I find myself ignoring the mode entirely. It's kinda annoying to start it, and then even when it's running, shooting single ball for 300k is generally a wasted effort vs getting a MB going where jackpot shots can be 4x that with the safety of an extra ball or two on the playfield. Granted bringing any of these modes into a MB is great and is difficult, but again, thats not strategy imo, it's skill. Theres basically one way to play the game right now - start MB and then start other crap as much as possible. Collect everything asap. No decisions to make, no risks, just shoot everything in MB with 4x.
I guess the short version is: I don't see a ton of risk/reward play - theres basically no way to play 'safe' and earn the points the long way and theres no way to play 'risk'. You either stack a mess of crap into a MB, or enjoy your 30-60 million point score (at best).

Quoted from sk8ball:

I wish the fuel lane didn't end the combo. Rather it light the combo jackpot at the captive ball instead to cash in the combo jackpot or try to build up higher by shooting the ramp or orbit.

You have Lyman's ear? Wonder how receptive he is to ideas from other players like yourself?

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every time you alternate sides (tipping the scales) the point values go up...so just 2 combo shots and you're over 500k ...get 2x running with it and you're stylin' if you can keep comboing the ramps !

You sure? I'm sure i've tried this and I couldn't actually build values to that type of level... that was on old software and me not really paying attention so ill have to double check this...

#308 10 years ago

You sure? I'm sure i've tried this and I couldn't actually build values to that type of level... that was on old software and me not really paying attention so ill have to double check this...

Yeah, pretty sure...if you hit the same side again, the points go down...but if you alternate sides they go up. So you're better off combo-ing ramps and not orbits.

#309 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

What I think would be really neat is if there were a pair of combo jackpots... like a 'on the fly' and a 'banked' jackpot

Say combo's built the 'on the fly' jackpot up quite aggressively - say 300-500k per shot increasing for the length of the combo... and shooting a combo 'ender' like say the captive ball collected the value and reset it to 0.

OR instead of collecting right away

You could shoot the fuel lane and add the value permanently to a 'bank' combo jackpot, the on-the-fly jackpot becomes 0, and combo would still be lit for continuation. Then for that ball only you can start a combo collect your banked + on-the-fly jackpot and reset it all to 0, or keep adding to the bank and not collect.... yet! If you drain, it's all forfeit, but you could store up a handful of short combos get 4X running and collect to make it actually worth something. If you manipulate the numbers right, perhaps those fuel lights from the pop bumpers can even be multipliers to amount banked with the fuel shot.

Obviously the actual numbers and balance are more complicated but that would definitely add an element of choice for when that ball comes around to your right flipper... cash in, or hold. It's kinda like a constant ACDC song jackpot, or reverse Seek and Destroy hurry up idea. If you can only manage a 2-3 way combo, bank it over and over and collect it later. If you get a 10 way combo going, collect it now cause its too huge to risk.

This feature would/will be in the machine i design one day

#310 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, pretty sure...if you hit the same side again, the points go down...but if you alternate sides they go up. So you're better off combo-ing ramps and not orbits.

Gotta check this tonight. Will report back. I never pay attention during, or intentionally activate, this mode so forgive the amateur hour.

#311 10 years ago

James

Screenshot_2013-11-07-13-40-03.pngScreenshot_2013-11-07-13-40-03.png
#312 10 years ago

why they keep staling I'll keep modding!!
This is a completely remade snake head I did with Led red eyes. They hook into the light behind the snake. It came out FN great if I do say so photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG.

#313 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

X-Men is still a mode timeout festival in a tourney. (X-Men still seems debatable about being finished)

I have heard a couple people mention timing modes out on X-Men? Why? I believe Keith Elwin beating Omega Red mode at Expo is what won him the final game.

You can still do most of the stuff you would normally be doing while in a mode (lighting locks and locking balls for Mags multiball, qualifying or starting hero modes while in a villain mode or qualifying / staring villain modes if you are in a hero mode). You also can NOT progress in the game at all without BEATING the modes...so timing out is not a possible strategy if you are looking to progress farther in the game.

The only advantage I can see at all in timing out modes in X-Men is if you are working to qualify the Hellfire and Brotherhood multiball modes. The standups to qualify them are only active when a mode is not running (yet another rules mistake that could have been easily avoided).

Believe me...I'm not arguing X-Men rules / code is good. I'm just saying I can't think of many other games where it would be more important to NOT time out the modes.

As for if it's being finished being debatable....not really. Seeing the words "Insert wizard mode here" on the DMD kinda takes any argument of it being finished away.

#314 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have heard a couple people mention timing modes out on X-Men? Why? I believe Keith Elwin beating Omega Red mode at Expo is what won him the final game.

Actually I think it was Shadow King but yeah there seems to be some huge points to be had by completing the villain modes.

#315 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Believe me...I'm not arguing X-Men rules / code is good. I'm just saying I can't think of many other games where it would be more important to NOT time out the modes.
As for if it's being finished being debatable....not really. Seeing the words "Insert wizard mode here" on the DMD kinda takes any argument of it being finished away.

Yea, the game isn't quite finished. But I think the code / rules are pretty good. I would argue it. It was a rough road and it was ugly up to the last revision. But its not too bad now. Imagine if we got this as the first drop. It would have been a totally different story.

#316 10 years ago

Any of you people "in the loop" anticipating anything (even an eta of when) for the weekend? Not impatient just seems like friday is a good day to check.

#317 10 years ago

I keep checking this thread hoping for news, but nothing - hopefully someone will start a new thread with it's here!

#318 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

The mystery hole also awards other thing man - like fuel points every 90 games... Its a mystery on why they can't program better...

I heard that, for whatever reason, Mystery is typically one of the last things to be coded. I've heard that TRON was very late to add any real variety to the shot.

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I heard that, for whatever reason, Mystery is typically one of the last things to be coded. I've heard that TRON was very late to add any real variety to the shot.

You are correct tron was a very late add on - the last update fixed the mystery scoop and the graphics associated with it.

#320 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Actually I think it was Shadow King but yeah there seems to be some huge points to be had by completing the villain modes.

This is correct I believe. Seeing as we have nothing to talk about regarding Metallica, perhaps Keith will chime in on that selection of mode because it definitely seemed to confuse most people (myself included) but it certainly worked out.

#321 10 years ago

Come Stern......through us a bone!

#322 10 years ago

Where is the Metallica Update? Soon?

#323 10 years ago

I assume Lyman got pulled in to help with ST LE - maybe something to do with the starfield projector?

I am guessing we will see Metallica code fairly shortly after ST LE code finally ships.

#324 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I assume Lyman got pulled in to help with ST LE - maybe something to do with the starfield projector?
I am guessing we will see Metallica code fairly shortly after ST LE code finally ships.

Good lord how many programmers does ST need?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 10 years ago

Hey its just a guess.

#327 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Good lord how many programmers does ST need?

Quoted from zucot:

Hey its just a guess.

Yes, zucot is wrong. Patience is bliss; Lyman is on the job and that should be more than enough assurance that the game will rock once finished. With great programming comes great responsibility. Just thank your lucky stars its not a xmas powerpack...yet

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just thank your lucky stars its not a xmas powerpack...yet

At this rate, it maybe.

#329 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

At this rate, it maybe.

I hope not. If the XMen power pack is an example, the hammer would continuously pound the playfield with sparky getting fried every 5 seconds, the snake jaw randomly opening and closing and the mystery award will deduct 500,000 points.

#330 10 years ago

Steve Ritchie just said at the Houston show that an update for Metallica would be in the near future ( month ?) due to all the complaints. He also stated that AC/DC would possibly get another code update and that Xmen would probably not.

He did say that the software guys were now making Metallica a priority...

#331 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

... the hammer would continuously pound the playfield ...

They already did this one. Hopefully the other ones follow soon haha.

#332 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Steve Ritchie just said at the Houston show that an update for Metallica would be in the near future ( month ?) due to all the complaints. He also stated that AC/DC would possibly get another code update and that Xmen would probably not.

About time!

And makes sense as they can sell an amazing amount of Pro's.

Get 2 for price of WOZ 75LE!

#333 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

How in the f*#k can ACDC get another code update and Xmen not?|??

#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Because they sold a lot more ACDC than XM

#335 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

And because Lyman did the code.

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Because they can still sell a ton more of ACDC.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Because they can still sell a ton more of ACDC.

Yeah, I know. Just really frustrating. Some owners get the royal treatment from Stern, others get the shaft.

Not like they couldn't sell more Xmen pros with great code.

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tested it out. Doesn't seem to score this way on 1.22.

Both sides lit for 250k right away, make a shot and it adds 10k to both sides, plus 100k to the opposite side. Next shot to the opposite side adds 10k to both shots, but the 100k just flips to the other side, it doesn't compound.

So essentially there's 100k flipping back and forth between sides, and every shot increases both sides by 10k. Roughly 15 shots to get to 500k on the opposite shot.

#339 10 years ago

fangs?photo 4-270.JPGphoto 4-270.JPG

photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG
#340 10 years ago

The eyes are really cool , the fangs , not so much..

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

The eyes are really cool , the fangs , not so much..

the fangs are rubber you can trim them as you like. There not attached In or out. There is another guy making some other nice ones. I'm not putting any more time into the fangs. The head will come with some trimable ones though.

#342 10 years ago

Tested it out. Doesn't seem to score this way on 1.22.
Both sides lit for 250k right away, make a shot and it adds 10k to both sides, plus 100k to the opposite side. Next shot to the opposite side adds 10k to both shots, but the 100k just flips to the other side, it doesn't compound.
So essentially there's 100k flipping back and forth between sides, and every shot increases both sides by 10k. Roughly 15 shots to get to 500k on the opposite shot.

2 shots @ 250,000 pts = 500,000. 15 to work the shot up to 500,000...but by that point you've earned millions - and more if you got 2x going.

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

2 shots @ 250,000 pts = 500,000. 15 to work the shot up to 500,000...but by that point you've earned millions - and more if you got 2x going.

Ah I see what you're saying... That's not at all the angle I was going at. By that logic after 2 standard ramp shots you're at 250k ish with 2x scoring I've made millions with only 30 ramps!

Still doesn't get me excited. The extra 100k for alternating sides is what I'm disappointed with. It's really no more than a glorified super ramps mode for 30 seconds and even at 2x I would challenge anyone to string together something like 10-15 shots to make at most what... 10mil? Combos aren't easy at all in MET and this mode just seems a bit left out based on how rarely I actually start it.
I suppose its a great thing to have running in a MB except the irony of the mode right now is you can't use combos to start it, and it begs for combos once you're in it.

#344 10 years ago

maybe we should all just start sending emails here to ask about an update
[email protected]

#345 10 years ago

Please don't . Patrick is awesome and always very helpful. He has no say in coding.

#346 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

maybe we should all just start sending emails here to ask about an [email protected]

No c'mon,code will come and it wll be awesome,i know it's hard to wait cause we all see the potential
of that pin but please, Patience Guys!!!

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I have been patiently waiting. Time to start asking around. Who knows Lyman?
ACDC buyers where screaming for updates at this time. Lyman will deliver a great update again, Im sure.

Could someone please PM me when the update comes?? I rarely have time to read the forum and currently the main reason I come on is to check for this update. I love my game but the rules are so...incomplete! Thanks!

#348 10 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

Could someone please PM me when the update comes?? I rarely have time to read the forum and currently the main reason I come on is to check for this update. I love my game but the rules are so...incomplete! Thanks!

I''ll remember, I'm sure a few others will as well. You can take a break from checking. Just check your email. I'll remember to send a PM!

#349 10 years ago

3 months exactly as of today. Boy I wish an update would come out.

#350 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

3 months exactly as of today. Boy I wish an update would come out.

My current hope is that it will hit right before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 25.50
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.