image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 75.
#3301 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Your snake has teeth?

where you been man?.....http://mezelmods.com/products/fangs
and a pic of mine

1120131739.jpg1120131739.jpg
#3302 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

All I said was that I will believe it when I see it.
Not sure how that's interpreted as "grumpy", especially considering not only the history of this specific title, but Stern's prior code release history (including a couple of dates that were promised and missed like the Christmas release for TF).
Sincerely,
Grumpy

I have to say I agree 100% with RobT. I wish I could believe the code drops 'days after' the voting ends, but I don't. I appreciate the communication from Stern and I hope Stern proves me incorrect, but I'm sceptical.

#3303 10 years ago

I'm calling march 16 on this. Reason being is this;

(This is very far fetched by the way)

Before the release of the beyond magnetic album, the songs from this album were debuted, one each night at their 30th anniversary shows. This was an exciting time on the metallica forums. There was a live thread where someone who was at the show was posting the set list as each song started. When it came to about halfway through the set along comes a brand new song. Everyone in the thread was pumped and shocked too! But, at the very second the guys were on stage playing the new song, all the met clubbers got an email with that track in it. This happened 4 nights in a row. This was massive for all the fans. Very exciting time.

Now, just like the pinball voting competition, the guys have set up a voting system for their upcoming European tour. They have an 18 song set list and have allowed voting for 17 songs. The last spot they have said is for them to play a new song. Now I doubt they would have done this without having a track that they weren't very confident with. I feel that it is a possibility that they may do a simultaneous release as they did at the anniversary shows.

The whole voting thing is new to them and I just feel that it seems connected to the beginning of this tour and the new song debut.

Could they possibly be giving us a brand new track with the 2 highest voted ones? Maybe not but I wouldn't put it past them. The beginning of the tour where the new song will debut is march 16, it's a lot going on ATM for die hard metallica fans....

#3304 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I would tend to agree, except that it's posted very prominently on Metallica's website. If Stern f's it up this time, it would be much higher profile than usual. The last thing they would want to do is jeopardize future licensing deals.

Can you point me to where it states the exact release date? Only thing I see is when a poll closes.

#3305 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What am I missing here, Rob?
Once again:
Per Metallica's website:
"The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes."
So, winner announced March 4th. Code likely to drop "just a few days" after that - Friday, March 7th.

That is on met site not stern. Did stern pinball post that info? A few days could be 30? I would not call this concrete. Why would stern not post that?

#3306 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

That is on met site not stern. Did stern pinball post that info? A few days could be 30? I would not call this concrete. Why would stern not post that?

Why would Stern post any information about anything for their customers, just stupid hints and mind games!

#3307 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Can you point me to where it states the exact release date? Only thing I see is when a poll closes.

No, I can't. This has been quoted numerous times before, so I can't imagine you haven't seen it, but:

The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes.

So, March 4 is the day they will announce the winners. There is room for interpretation on at least two points:

1. In what form will our choices be available for download? Code update? MP3? Text lyrics plus guitar tablatures? Song title? IMO, anything besides the code update makes no sense and would constitute f'ing up. I could be wrong.

2. How many days is a few? Some people will say it means 3 days, in which case, it would be by the end of that week. I am a little more relaxed on it, but if the code is not out by the end of the NEXT week, that puts it over 10 days. I would call that more than a few days, and I would also call that f'ing it up.

#3308 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What am I missing here, Rob?
Once again:
Per Metallica's website:
"The voting will close on March 3 and we’ll announce the winners the next day. Your two choices will be available for download from Stern’s website just a few days after the voting closes."
So, winner announced March 4th. Code likely to drop "just a few days" after that - Friday, March 7th.

It says your choices will be available for download......... doesn't say code will be, so we might get 2 songs and no real code update.

#3309 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

No, I can't. This has been quoted numerous times before, so I can't imagine you haven't seen it, but:

So, March 4 is the day they will announce the winners. There is room for interpretation on at least two points:
1. In what form will our choices be available for download? Code update? MP3? Text lyrics plus guitar tablatures? Song title? IMO, anything besides the code update makes no sense and would constitute f'ing up. I could be wrong.
2. How many days is a few? Some people will say it means 3 days, in which case, it would be by the end of that week. I am a little more relaxed on it, but if the code is not out by the end of the NEXT week, that puts it over 10 days. I would call that more than a few days, and I would also call that f'ing it up.

When they say downloads will be available a few days later, I don't know if they mean mp3's of the songs or actual download of code.
I would assume the later but Stern has confused us before with announcements.

The other think we don't know is how will the songs integrate into gameplay. Will the songs be part of a game mode or will they just be thrown into the select your song.

#3310 10 years ago

I'm not sure what Metallica's stance is on MP3 (or other format) these days, but they're not historically known for freely sharing their music. Posting 25 year old songs on a pinball site also seems like fail to me. Of course, most of us will agree that Stern often does things that are not really logical. I'm just hoping that adding Metallica into the mix will help avoid "Heavy Metal Mutants" type of crap.

How the songs integrate is definitely a valid question, but irrelevant when questioning when the update will be available.

#3311 10 years ago

my vote is:

master of puppets - welcome home (sanitarium)
and .... No Leaf Clover !

great songs !

#3312 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'm not sure what Metallica's stance is on MP3 (or other format) these days, but they're not historically known for freely sharing their music.

That is true for their album-based music but they have always promoted sharing of bootleg recordings of shows, long before digital music distribution was available, and that stance remains today.

This is a vote for songs included into the game, so no matter what the wording says, they would come via code update. Keep in mind Stern can easily do that without any other code improvements.

#3313 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

The songs will be available 'soon' after the polls close.

#3314 10 years ago

This two song poll gives me some optimism for the update...

#3315 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

This two song poll gives me some optimism for the update...

Optimism is not allowed in this dojo.

#3316 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Optimism is not allowed in this dojo.

Whew glad someone jumped on this before the whole thread degraded into smiles, hope, and happiness. Stay strong people... the question "Where is the Metallica update?" still has no definite answer

#3317 10 years ago

"a little bird told me"...

in fact no, i'm just copy/paste some words found elsewhere, and than march should be the right time

#3318 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Whew glad someone jumped on this before the whole thread degraded into smiles, hope, and happiness. Stay strong people... the question "Where is the Metallica update?" still has no definite answer

The answer was given by Gary himself it is soon - However the word soon to stern = 1-36 months. So we can close this thread the answer is yes the update is soon.

#3319 10 years ago

So this being from the Metallica website:

"We teamed up with Stern Pinball and asked them to create the code update based on what you want to hear... pick your two favs and they’ll be all yours along with a few upgrades already in the works."

What do you guys expect to be in the "few upgrades"?

#3320 10 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What do you guys expect to be in the "few upgrades"?

They're adding a few things to the mystery hole.

#3321 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've learned from the X-Men update doubters that the validity of a future Metallica update should not be dismissed.

#3322 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I've learned from the X-Men update doubters that the validity of a future Metallica update should not be dismissed.

Oh it's real, that's never been in question. Purely dates. Lyman working on it to make it bad ass is simply a fact.

#3323 10 years ago

Anyone want to post recent polls?

#3324 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard 250k and possibly 750k awards were being considered. Seems pretty radical but my fingers are crossed.

#3325 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone want to post recent polls?

Seems neck and neck for #1 and #2

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

#3326 10 years ago

Seems neck and neck for #1 and #2

Capture.JPG 28 KB

Ugh. End the poll already this extra week is gonna be boring.

I hope the code has some cool lighting stuff. Color changers and GI are not used very well right now.

#3327 10 years ago

I can live with those two songs!!

#3328 10 years ago

I spoke with Lyman at the Pinball Expo(I know it was a long time ago in October) and he assured me that he had purchased Metallica and that he was going to make sure the code was finished and finished well. He told me to trust him and that it will be great!

#3329 10 years ago

Over 3300 post in four months take a chill pill people it will come.

#3330 10 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Over 3300 post in four months take a chill pill people it will come.

No need to inflate AV8's ego more than what it already is.

#3331 10 years ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I spoke with Lyman at the Pinball Expo(I know it was a long time ago in October) and he assured me that he had purchased Metallica and that he was going to make sure the code was finished and finished well. He told me to trust him and that it will be great!

That's all I need to hear!!

#3332 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I hope the code has some cool lighting stuff. Color changers and GI are not used very well right now.

100% agree here. After playing my buddy's XMen LE and AVLE seeing the mood of the game change dynamically with all the lighting effects, Metallica is in desperate need of this. The effect for the cross SJP is a wicked example, and the coffin lock red is cool albeit mistimed and awkward during the lock currently, but during 90% of gameplay the game is just bright white.

The color changing inserts also need more than the option of white and red (and one purple/pink). Going into the test menu and cyling thru all the color possibilities in those inserts is fun, and most of the colors look fantastic.

#3333 10 years ago

100% agree here. After playing my buddy's XMen LE and AVLE seeing the mood of the game change dynamically with all the lighting effects, Metallica is in desperate need of this. The effect for the cross SJP is a wicked example, and the coffin lock red is cool albeit mistimed and awkward during the lock currently, but during 90% of gameplay the game is just bright white.
The color changing inserts also need more than the option of white and red (and one purple/pink). Going into the test menu and cyling thru all the color possibilities in those inserts is fun, and most of the colors look fantastic.

I would imagine with all the new modes added, there will be some stacking, and arrow colors might help you to know which things are active. Perhaps each Band member mode will have its own color? I'm sure there will be a lot of cool new color FX.

#3334 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

my vote is:
master of puppets - welcome home (sanitarium)
and .... No Leaf Clover !
great songs !

Great songs, but not for pinball.

#3335 10 years ago

If the color changers really made the game better I *might* look past my hammer hate.

#3336 10 years ago

Yeah the poll should end sooner. Orion may still dethrone rtl or blackened. I hope not though

#3337 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Yeah the poll should end sooner. Orion may still dethrone rtl or blackened. I hope not though

They just blew by Orion by ~200 votes!

#3338 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

LYMAN is at Fairfax Pinball Expo now. Somebody ask him about the code please!

He absolutely loves for people to bug him about work when he is trying to compete

That would be like someone sitting around me trying to talk about system administration while I'm on vacation... no one wants to talk about work when they are having fun

I did say at Fairfax please get the code out so all the people on PS would STFU about it!

#3339 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

He absolutely loves for people to bug him about work when he is trying to compete

That would be like someone sitting around me trying to talk about system administration while I'm on vacation... no one wants to talk about work when they are having fun

I did say at Fairfax please get the code out so all the people on PS would STFU about it!

I could care less, no one likes to pay $7,500 for a kick in the nuts and wait 6 months while it stings in the meantime. I'll STFU when I am playing my game with new code and I am not getting a $500K mystery award.

#3340 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They just blew by Orion by ~200 votes!

Stick a fork in it, Blackened and Ride the Lightning it is. Not my personal choices, but I can totally live with that.

#3341 10 years ago

Glad you don't care how the programmer feels. He just works there and tries to put food on his table. He does what his boss ask him to do... The code will be done. WTF did you see how long AC/DC took to get to where it is?

People forget shit so easy... He is only one man! Can he not have fun and take a break from work?

I could really care less if you STFU and neither does he... trust me LOL

#3342 10 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

I could really care less if you STFU and neither does he... trust me

Well I think 3,300 posts and counting will attest to not many people interested in STFU, perhaps try another thread.

#3343 10 years ago

Which over half are not even related to code... just trolling and talking about songs and other shit.

The amount of post on a pinside topics are irrelevant since half are always trolling and being assholes to people on for sale threads. I pay attention to that post count about as much as I do the news..

#3344 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Well I think 3,300 posts and counting will attest to not many people interested in STFU, perhaps try another thread.

Quoted from Sc1f1:

Which over half are not even related to code... just trolling and talking about songs and other shit.
The amount of post on a pinside topics are irrelevant since half are always trolling and being assholes to people on for sale threads. I pay attention to that post count about as much as I do the news..

To be 100% fair, very little of this monstrous thread is trolling or being assholes. Mostly whining, strategy, and off topic, almost all of which was handled with great and constructive (albeit wasteful) discourse.

Your exchange is some of the worst we've seen in here so feel free to both stop

#3345 10 years ago

Please try to keep in mind that Lyman is a human being... I think . I want an update as much as anyone else, but there was no way I was going to bug him about it while we were at FPO. Pinball is a small community, and a lot of us are wearing multiple hats. While he was Lyman, the tournament player, it's really uncool to expect him to be Lyman, the Stern employee. Despite that, I'm sure someone asked him about it, and I even heard through the grapevine that "he had code, but it's not ready".

#3346 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I could care less, no one likes to pay $7,500 for a kick in the nuts and wait 6 months while it stings in the meantime. I'll STFU when I am playing my game with new code and I am not getting a $500K mystery award.

+1

#3347 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Please try to keep in mind that Lyman is a human being... I think . I want an update as much as anyone else, but there was no way I was going to bug him about it while we were at FPO. Pinball is a small community, and a lot of us are wearing multiple hats. While he was Lyman, the tournament player, it's really uncool to expect him to be Lyman, the Stern employee. Despite that, I'm sure someone asked him about it, and I even heard through the grapevine that "he had code, but it's not ready".

Please!!! This goes back to 3 months of lost work because of the faulty hammer. Back to my LE vs PRO crap. Make one game then bling it out for the LE. Makes it much easier to code etc..,

I fault Lyman and Stern for releasing a game that really didn't work with the hammer. Love Lymnan but something at corporate has to change

Xmen LE faulty boards, Metallica hammer, there are others I'm forgetting about. Almost every LE has some sort of issue that gets released and then a retroactive switch.

Avengers had a kit we needed to install.

#3348 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I fault Lyman and Stern for releasing a game that really didn't work with the hammer. Love Lymnan but something at corporate has to change

Then contact Stern or even Lyman at work. Don't mess with him at a tournament. If he gets bombarded every time he is at an event, he'll likely stop attending. I know I would.

#3349 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Then contact Stern or even Lyman at work. Don't mess with him at a tournament. If he gets bombarded every time he is at an event, he'll likely stop attending. I know I would.

Thank you!!! This was basically my point... maybe I delivered it a little more asinine and I apologize for that but all this BS talk about Lyman is silly. I've been playing with him in many tournaments and the last thing I talk to him about is work! He already missed PAPA last year working on MET. can't a man take a break once in awhile

#3350 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

AND resent working on the code!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.