image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 75.
#3501 10 years ago

Lol, only because the code update would have been nice

#3502 10 years ago

Bets on code coming week of the 24th?

#3503 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Bets on code coming week of the 24th?

Exactly what I'm thinking too...

#3504 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That's my point. Look through these threads. The code was suppose to drop Thanksgiving, Christmas, a week ago, etc.
I will donate $50 to pin side if the code is released by the end of Friday March 7th if anyone is confident enough.
If the code is not released by this Friday March 7th then they send $50 to Pinside.
Worst case I lose $50 but finally get the CODE!

Don't offer that bet

#3505 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dang Rarehero your ranting and meltdowns have now surpassed the whiners. Let it go. You don't have to battle this.
Sadly Rob gets the points in this round. ; )
For me 643 mil on acdc and 360 on met tonight. The games played just fine...

I'm ranting? I'm melting down? I'm calm as f*ck. I let it go months ago cuz the facts were and always have been - "The game is behind schedule. Lyman is working on it" End of story. Just flabbergasted by the continuing mentality that Stern has some evil villain in a boardroom wringing his hands and chortling, somehow purposefully stopping the game from being updated. It's childish behavior from a bunch of man-babies.

In any case, your wish is my command...I think I'm gonna just take a Pinside hiatus until the update hits and we're all back on the same plane of contentment and fun.

#3506 10 years ago

Tabarnac de Calisse Stern ont veut les astie de code de Marde!!!

#3507 10 years ago

^^^^^^^THIS!^^^^^^^

#3508 10 years ago

I expect
Stern server to have a meltdown when code drops

Hope not

#3509 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

My plan is to keep my tear ducts ready to cry out of sheer joy when the new code drops.

Is anyone else worried about what's in this glorious code update? Or has it been confirmed that there is a giant pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

golden.jpggolden.jpg

#3510 10 years ago

I've heard that Bill Gates will give everyone a cheque for $1000 when they download new Metallica code.

Quoted from Rarehero:I'm ranting? I'm melting down? I'm calm as f*ck. I let it go months ago cuz the facts were and always have been - "The game is behind schedule. Lyman is working on it" End of story. Just flabbergasted by the continuing mentality that Stern has some evil villain in a boardroom wringing his hands and chortling, somehow purposefully stopping the game from being updated. It's childish behavior from a bunch of man-babies.
In any case, your wish is my command...I think I'm gonna just take a Pinside hiatus until the update hits and we're all back on the same plane of contentment and fun.

We play and collect pinball machines, we're all a bunch of man-babies. Lol.

Mods, close this thread....when code drops....and maybe we can get Skrillex to play at the Pinside c0de party.

#3511 10 years ago

than, its coming the 17... nice to know, as i should get my pin end of month

#3512 10 years ago

I can't wait for the update. Better late than never. I thank all the speculators, it has been a crazy ride with shattered hopes Glad to see we are in the home stretch.
I still bet there will be whining after the code drops….seems there are always unhappy people here….
Thanks Stern for the game.
Thanks Lyman for working on it.
Lets all drink some beers, mellow out, and rock some Metallica!

#3513 10 years ago

Will this be another update or final code?

#3514 10 years ago

I am bored of my game by now, the only reason i am holding on it is because i have hopes that the updated code makes it much better.

Code will have to be awesome for me to keep it at this point, but i still think it will, fingers crossed for March 19th (my 40th birthday )

Metallica is(was) the perfect theme for me, but i am so bored of the actual code that it will have to be a totally different game for the excitement to come back.

#3515 10 years ago
Quoted from Azatotht:

I am bored of my game by now, the only reason i am holding on it is because i have hopes that the updated code makes it much better.
Code will have to be awesome for me to keep it at this point, but i still think it will, fingers crossed for March 19th (my 40th birthday )
Metallica is(was) the perfect theme for me, but i am so bored of the actual code that it will have to be a totally different game for the excitement to come back.

I'd have sold mine months ago if code wasn't coming

#3516 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I'd have sold mine months ago if code wasn't coming

I would have never bought mine if Lyman wasn't on the job - I have utmost faith in his ability to make this game into a keeper and am willing to wait as long as it takes.

Scott

#3517 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I would have never bought mine if Lyman wasn't on the job - I have utmost faith in his ability to make this game into a keeper and am willing to wait as long as it takes.
Scott

^^^^^This^^^^

I would have never payed 8500.00 if it was another programmer...already love what's in it,it will
be a lot better when Mr Lyman is done!

#3518 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Scott

I actually would have, because I love the theme. It just would have left the house by now.

#3519 10 years ago

I'm happily playing my WOZ while waiting for MET code. When it drops, there won't be enough hours in the day to play both of them as much as I want!!

#3520 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm ranting? I'm melting down? I'm calm as f*ck.

Haha,

is the upate out yet?

Seriously this game will be one of the best ever. Because of the great playfield layout.

#3521 10 years ago

I love my AC/DC mostly for the music... I love my Metallica mostly for the game play. In my opinion, it's only going to be loads better and well worth the wait, when code update drops.

#3522 10 years ago

I must be in the minority, because I end up thinking of any code updates as a bonus, the proverbial icing on the cake.

I play my pins a couple times a week but no more than a couple games at a time. I flail away, don't get into the rules, modes, etc. and just relive slamming the ball around like I did on the old EM games from my younger days.

Heck, even the DMD is a non-factor for the most part for me. Not like I can look up much while playing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the code simply doesn't mean that much to me. So, in a way, ignorance (to code) is bliss for me.

Not trying to make light of it for those who view their pins as incomplete without it. Hope it has what it is you've been waiting for.

#3523 10 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I love my AC/DC mostly for the music... I love my Metallica mostly for the game play. In my opinion, it's only going to be loads better and well worth the wait, when code update drops.

I love my METLE for both!! First pin ive ever owned and I scored a winner for sure. New songs coming, one of the best programers in the business(Which i didnt know before I bought it) and killer artwork with actual band callouts. LOL as if photoshopped star trek pics and generic callouts even compare. Cracker please!

#3524 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

I must be in the minority, because I end up thinking of any code updates as a bonus, the proverbial icing on the cake.
I play my pins a couple times a week but no more than a couple games at a time. I flail away, don't get into the rules, modes, etc. and just relive slamming the ball around like I did on the old EM games from my younger days.
Heck, even the DMD is a non-factor for the most part for me. Not like I can look up much while playing.
I guess what I'm trying to say is the code simply doesn't mean that much to me. So, in a way, ignorance (to code) is bliss for me.
Not trying to make light of it for those who view their pins as incomplete without it. Hope it has what it is you've been waiting for.

This aint a place for Metallica code Peace... Hate or leave,take your peace somewhere else

Like i said before it's already a nice game but it can be one of the best with Mr Lyman's coding!
Less then 2 weeks

#3525 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Do yourself a favor. Go to the PAPA web site and print off one of the rule sheets for one of your pins. It'll bring a whole new level of fun and challenge while playing your pins.

#3526 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To be perfectly honest, I don't plan to.

I'm with you! I'm in on Hobbit but once I finish that commitment, no more NIB pins. Once in a while (I think twice in the past decade?) buying a NIB pin saves you money on an aftermarket buy, but the norm has been that a NIB buyer pays $7,000+ and watches the machine depreciate, while waiting years for complete code. I'm off that ride! If it turns out I end up wanting a new pin that has appreciated and commands a premium, once complete, then I'll have a pay a little more for it and willing to take that chance.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I would go as far as to say the X-Men 1.23 code update sold more games than any other pinball update in history. The problem is it didn't sell games for Stern (because it made the game good)...it sold games of original buyers that had finally had enough and would rather eat a $1000 loss than look at the game any longer (because it was so bad).

Exactly what happened to mine. I liked quite a bit about XM, but lost all confidence in the programmer when we waited for months for an update that made the game a mess, with rules designed by someone who does not understand the game of pinball. XM owners are saying the game is great now, with the latest update. Maybe it is, but the game is so tarnished reputation-wise, and honestly I just get a sour stomach when I even think about the game. XM alone has probably been the cause of at least $100,000-150,000 in lost sales for Stern, if I had to guess.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm just sick of "bitching no matter what". OK, so it's not hitting a few days after the contest...you bitch...but a release week has been officially announced. You bitch. Stern's doing what everyone's been asking them to do - COMMUNICATE. You bitch. They can't win.

Haha! I feel you Greg. It's tougher for Stern to win in these scenarios because they have had such poor communication and long waits for code that they've chewed up and spit out a lot of the positivity from NIB buyers. But yes, at least we have an official week announced by Stern, that's good enough for me at this point. Considering we were all just guessing at dates, and hoping, before that announcement, and even though it means waiting another couple weeks, at least we can feel warm and fuzzy about being two weeks away! I might plan a party for that weekend!

#3527 10 years ago

I'm still betting $10.00 that code will be out by March 8, 2014

#3528 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm still betting $10.00 that code will be out by March 8, 2014

I will take that bet.

#3529 10 years ago

TomGWI we have an official bet. I offered this bet up 2 days ago and was surprised no one wanted to take me up on it. $50.00 was too steep as I'm confident, but only $10.00 confident.

I think we are getting 2 updates. Code this week without the new songs and then another update with them.

#3530 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Do yourself a favor. Go to the PAPA web site and print off one of the rule sheets for one of your pins. It'll bring a whole new level of fun and challenge while playing your pins.

And give me added ways in which to reinforce just how bad of a player I am? I think not!

#3531 10 years ago

Wait a minute, did it actually say the modes and stuff would be in this update? Is this update in two weeks "just" adding two more songs or is it everything?

#3532 10 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I'm with you! I'm in on Hobbit but once I finish that commitment, no more NIB pins. Once in a while (I think twice in the past decade?) buying a NIB pin saves you money on an aftermarket buy, but the norm has been that a NIB buyer pays $7,000+ and watches the machine depreciate, while waiting years for complete code. I'm off that ride! If it turns out I end up wanting a new pin that has appreciated and commands a premium, once complete, then I'll have a pay a little more for it and willing to take that chance.

Add to that the fact that I have been contacted by the board of equalization wanting to know when I was going to pay my sales tax (use tax) on my out of state pinball machine purchase (they got a copy of the shipping documents from the freight company), NIB purchases for me are definitely a thing of the past.

#3533 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Add to that the fact that I have been contacted by the board of equalization wanting to know when I was going to pay my sales tax (use tax) on my out of state pinball machine purchase (they got a copy of the shipping documents from the freight company), NIB purchases for me are definitely a thing of the past.

What?? That sucks.

#3534 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What?? That sucks.

I'm not the first. Others here have had the same thing happen, including RareHero.

#3535 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not the first. Others here have had the same thing happen, including RareHero.

Yep its coming which will kill the market adding 6 -10% to an already high priced game. Someone is going to have to give and reduce margins somewhere. As of now in PA you claim it on your takes and I am claiming my WOZ I got out of state and it sucks.

#3536 10 years ago

I bought my Star Trek in-state (Refinery) so I could just pay the sales tax up front and be done with it.

#3537 10 years ago

March 6, 2014 - Please today as its one week shy of 6 months and I want to win the bet

#3538 10 years ago

Technically, you are suppose to pay the tax even for out of state purchases.

#3539 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Technically, you are suppose to pay the tax even for out of state purchases.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

The point is that almost nobody does it. Which is why they are now doing what they are doing. The board of equalization gets copies of shipping documents sent to them, and they follow up with the people who received the goods to ask them for a copy of the invoice and to pay the tax.

When I didn't respond to the letter, I received a telephone call on my cell phone! They got my cell number off the shipping docs. I have until April 15, 2014 to pay the tax, so why am I being contacted like this?

Privacy? What privacy?

#3540 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

The point is that almost nobody does it. Which is why they are now doing what they are doing. The board of equalization gets copies of shipping documents sent to them, and they follow up with the people who received the goods to ask them for a copy of the invoice and to pay the tax.

When I didn't respond to the letter, I received a telephone call on my cell phone! They got my cell number off the shipping docs. I have until April 15, 2014 to pay the tax, so why am I being contacted like this?

Privacy? What privacy?

Privacy does not exists when it comes to the Government wanting money

#3541 10 years ago

Taxes? Try being Canadian! Our dollar at$0.85 of yours as well as a 13% tax on the total.....I'd gladly take any pin at only a 6-10% tax.

#3542 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

NIB purchases for me are definitely a thing of the past.

Plenty of nice, slightly used machines available in the local market.

#3543 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Taxes? Try being Canadian! Our dollar at$0.85 of yours as well as a 13% tax on the total.....I'd gladly take any pin at only a 6-10% tax.

But you have free health insurance!!! /sarcasm!

#3544 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But you have free health insurance!!! /sarcasm!

Yeah it all works out in the long run. More taxes up front, "free" treatment for crazy disease later. I probably blew through 100k in chemo and radiation and associated meds. Glad to have paid for it indirectly over many years!

edit : forgot the quotes around 'free'

#3545 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

And give me added ways in which to reinforce just how bad of a player I am? I think not!

Touche. I'm bad too! Maybe the shows could have a tournament for us.

#3546 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Because CA is trying to not be broke ass again? They probably drool over these easy single big transactions, less paperwork for more ca$h.

I hear you, who likes paying sales tax, but since all these out of state orders are technically dodging it's hard to get too mad about them catching people. Not that I want you and Greg to get caught mind you, but we are supposed to be paying it.

#3547 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Yeah it all works out in the long run. More taxes up front, free treatment for crazy disease later. I probably blew through 100k in chemo and radiation and associated meds. Glad to have paid for it indirectly over many years!

hope all is well with your health. yeah having free healthcare puts things in perspective.

basic math for nib games for canadians:

8000$ for game + 400$ delivery to the border + 12% taxes at border = 8790+1054.80(12%)+449=10,293.80

10,293 for a nib is beyond absurd for me. don't like waiting for machines to be delivered and don't like incomplete games being released and i don't like pro models. the pinball manufacturers make my buying decisions easier every day.

i think i will save some money and buy this nib machine instead.

Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpgRolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
#3548 10 years ago

Well Metallica will be worth ever penny when code is eventually done. Right now its like a good system 11 game. With finished code it will rock the top 5!!!!!

#3549 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Because CA is trying to not be broke ass again? They probably drool over these easy single big transactions, less paperwork for more ca$h.
I hear you, who likes paying sales tax, but since all these out of state orders are technically dodging it's hard to get too mad about them catching people. Not that I want you and Greg to get caught mind you, but we are supposed to be paying it.

Well ask them how that's going to work out for them and the businesses that they are hurting by going after it. They won't be getting any more revenue from me because I will not ever buy another NIB pin. That also hurts the manufacturer's and the distributors. CA is broke because it is run by a bunch of morons.

I will let people like you buy your NIB pin, pay the sales tax, and wait until you get tired of it and put it up for sale.

Like Odin said, there are plenty of nice used pins on the market, and if you develop your network of pinball friends, there are reasonable deals to be had. That extra $600 in tax that I have to pay is a big chunk of change that can go towards a nice used pin. In fact, it would be more than a quarter of what I just paid for a nice HUO NASCAR from some cool local pinsider!

#3550 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I will let people like you buy your NIB pin, pay the sales tax, and wait until you get tired of it and put it up for sale.

Well let's be honest, the only reason I bought that particular pin and paid the sales tax up front is because I can write it off as a development expense.

Taxes are boring! I gotta drop some paperwork off with my CPA today, I'd rather be hearing about how awesome the new Metallica code is so I can agonize over whether I'd buy one of those NIB.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 149.00
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.