image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 75.
#751 10 years ago

Update is soon - read it here somewhere....

#752 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

The only poll (if you can call it that) is when they ask where you are going to play pinball this weekend. If you respond "in my basement gameroom", you get banned.

I think I've posted that multiple times and I don't *think* I've been banned =)

#753 10 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Finished mine last night...

20131216_074534[1].jpg 355 KB

Pinball party at Jodsters?

#754 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Update is soon - read it here somewhere....

That meaning...... ( as SOON as its done ) Or in my case, get it done AS SOON AS FRIGN POSSIBLE!!!!!!

#755 10 years ago

TheKidnap.jpgTheKidnap.jpg

#756 10 years ago

An update will come soon, that is a good thing! And Borg and Lyman will again deliver a good game in the end with Metallica. I am sure that this game will be great, but there is something wrong. And I don't know how to communicate that with STERN.
There was no focus at STERN to bring us this update as soon as possible. And I still think we should have got this update in the summer of this year. They rush out game after game and we have to angry cry for code. We all know that Lyman will polish the code till it's good, we have this faith and that's why we still buy games from them.
But for now I think that the managment at Stern doesn't take this whole code thing and how it relates to let us buy NIBs seriously, otherwise we would have got an update long ago.
They don't relate our faith in the work of Lyman with the sales they got. They pushed out a Metallica game and all the Metal fans, me included, jumped on the train and ordered one. But I did this cause I knew with Lyman on board the game won't be bad and would be finished someday. But Metallica took just to long now, I don't know if this is worth it in the future. Metallica is a good game, but not worth the money with the unfinished code for now. And I don't know if I ever be willing to spend so much money again to wait so long for a game to be finished.
I think I will wait and buy the games used, but finished and dialed in a year or two after the release, so I can be certain that I like the product I got. I could get even a MetLE now for almost the same as I paid for it. And I don't need the LEs if there are enough premium versions that are even better.
The big videogame producers (Sony/Microsoft) are trying to get the used game market under control, they say that this hurts their sales to much. I don't understand why STERN goes the other way, their way of doing business pushes us customers to stop buying games NIB. Where is the advantage for me to buy a game unfinished and unseen NIB?

Hey, you guys at STERN I don't know if you read the posts here but if so please listen. I buy games from your company cause you got great people that finish their jobs. So please start to step out of their way and let them finish what they have to do before you give them the next Job! No theme in the world could let me buy a game direct from your company again if I know I had to wait a year before it will shine. We are having a pinball BOOM, started with Tron LE, followed with AC/DC and WOZ. My generation now starts to have enough money to buy NIB games if they are good or better than the classics. But I don't see the new folk coming in after us.
What will come is a generation that didn't grew up with TZ, IJ, Adams, T2 and MM.... what will come is a generation without this experience in the wild. It won't be easy to win new people to this hobby. The first impression is important. If somebody can see all majore things a game has to deliver in only 3 games, even if he is a mediocre player like he can do with Metallica. There is something wrong. You can't win new people with games be left in this code status.

I have a Metallica in my pub so I know what I am talking about. The crowd was a few weeks impressed with the theme and then walked away. They realised there is only one way to attack this game, that's starting MBs. There is no major goal or mini goal to work for. SnD is to complex to get for them and not worth it. Now I am the only one playing it and it's getting old to tell them, "wait there will SOON be a big update". They don't know Lyman. The game is judged. I don't know if a big update can bring the people back to this game.
All I see is that STERNS way is hurting what they always say they want to achieve.
And the longer I have to wait for the updates and with every announcement of a new games before the old are finished I am getting more angry about this. I still think this has to be a great game with an awesome artwork and great theme. But as the code stands now, for all the people that are no metal fans or doesn't know Lyman. The way STERN treats this game they think it's for disposal.

#757 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

They realised there is only one way to attack this game, that's starting MBs. There is no major goal or mini goal to work for.

Hear hear.

I used to optimistically think that getting an update was a treat and it still is but now also think that releasing games with too many blaring omissions is not good.
Maybe pinball design in this hi-tech age means its now so much easier to design the layout than the code.

#758 10 years ago

I posted 'all I want for Christmas is Metallica / ACDC / Star Trek code' and they removed it from their Facebook page. Starting to have bad thoughts about an update pre Christmas.

#759 10 years ago

If I had a Facebook i would post something about code everyday until they un-friended me.

#760 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I posted 'all I want for Christmas is Metallica / ACDC / Star Trek code' and they removed it from their Facebook page. Starting to have bad thoughts about an update pre Christmas.

I heard on the webernet that for each post on FB that complains about code, they delay another day in spite!

JK

#761 10 years ago

Some color gels and aluminum flippers..

CAM00031.jpgCAM00031.jpg
#762 10 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Hit the lights or No remorse.
Fight fire with fire or Trapped under ice
Shortest straw or Frayed ends of sanity
Leper Messiah

all great choices ... also maybe four horseman or sanitarium

#763 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

CAM00031.jpg 413 KB

Where did you get the lippers and the gel. Those flippers are bad ass!!

#764 10 years ago

Does anyone sell the colored gel pieces as a kit yet?

#765 10 years ago

I'm telling you it wont be this year!! you heard it hear first.

#767 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

I'm telling you it wont be this year!! you heard it hear first.

Not expecting it anymore - going for Feb 2014.

We should run a comp!

#768 10 years ago

That's why certain threads here are so important for me. I think that STERN is feeling the pressure of JJP and I think they will make a big mistake.
Perhaps it's not good to come back to this in every thread, but I think it relates to all this.
Operators are reporting that WOZ is earning big. I say it's because of the gameplay, but not many agree with me. It's hard for STERN or STERN fanboys to accept that it's something like the code that convinced the people to play WOZ more, so for them it must be the new technology. And so alot of people here blame it on the LCD. The LCD is something new and people want to play it.

So what have that to do with the Metallica Update?
I am getting the feeling that STERN wants to push out the new technology next year and they all are working hard to bring games with LCD out next year. I think that's why people like Lyman and Borg won't get the time to polish the code, they are working on the new base for the next games.

We will get an update, but way to late! And in my eyes that is the big mistake that STERN had done and still is doing. Metallica could have been a big hit for all operators and players out there. I still think it's an awesome game. They should gave us good code, with more minigoals so that the players would stay longer with this game. If the gameplay is good the LCD wouldn't be as important as it now is. WOZ is near to finished but it was a long time and it's still a long way. It's to easy to compete with unfinished games like Metallica. But if they had finished Metallica month ago........
The new PS4 and XBOX One games can't compete with all the great games that were comming out this year on the old consoles. But in pinball in my eyes the last DMD games go out without a fight! (AC/DC gameplay is the big exception)
Make the gameplay fun and complete and then go over to new technologys!

#769 10 years ago

Love artwork package on Met!

And I agree with Asael, they are working on the system and LCD and what it takes to set up the base code for that. I think Keith could sympathize with them at this point.

#770 10 years ago

While the initial presence of WOZ and the way it looks may get customers to step up to the coin door, the way it's built and plays keeps them returning. Stern has gotten so use to cutting corners and not worrying about the home buyer that I'm not sure if they will ever be able to step up the quality. Also I don't expect every pin to be a hit but at least show some effort. Metallica has potential- if they finish the code it could be great.

#771 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I heard on the webernet that for each post on FB that complains about code, they delay another day in spite!
JK

Yea while that might not suprise some people lets hope they have more professionalism than that.

#772 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where did you get the lippers and the gel. Those flippers are bad ass!!

+1 pls any link to the seller, so we can get that mod?

Btw, sorry for my noobness but I`m new to the hobby .. what u guys mean by "gels" pls?

#773 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

+1 pls any link to the seller, so we can get that mod?
Btw, sorry for my noobness but I`m new to the hobby .. what u guys mean by "gels" pls?

+2 want in for the flipper bats and gels. The gels are filters to place in front of white LEDs to make them shine color.

#774 10 years ago

These are probably the flipper bats...
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3145

#775 10 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

CAM00031.jpg 413 KB

Those are nice! I like the boney flippers for SS.

boney flippers.jpgboney flippers.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 10 years ago
Quoted from audihere:

Does anyone sell the colored gel pieces as a kit yet?

I ordered a swathbook below for around $10 shipped. I think this will give me enough to work with for both the gauge and FUEL bar inserts.

Gel Paper.jpgGel Paper.jpg

#777 10 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

That's why certain threads here are so important for me. I think that STERN is feeling the pressure of JJP and I think they will make a big mistake.
Perhaps it's not good to come back to this in every thread, but I think it relates to all this.
Operators are reporting that WOZ is earning big. I say it's because of the gameplay, but not many agree with me. It's hard for STERN or STERN fanboys to accept that it's something like the code that convinced the people to play WOZ more, so for them it must be the new technology. And so alot of people here blame it on the LCD. The LCD is something new and people want to play it.
So what have that to do with the Metallica Update?
I am getting the feeling that STERN wants to push out the new technology next year and they all are working hard to bring games with LCD out next year. I think that's why people like Lyman and Borg won't get the time to polish the code, they are working on the new base for the next games.
We will get an update, but way to late! And in my eyes that is the big mistake that STERN had done and still is doing. Metallica could have been a big hit for all operators and players out there. I still think it's an awesome game. They should gave us good code, with more minigoals so that the players would stay longer with this game. If the gameplay is good the LCD wouldn't be as important as it now is. WOZ is near to finished but it was a long time and it's still a long way. It's to easy to compete with unfinished games like Metallica. But if they had finished Metallica month ago........
The new PS4 and XBOX One games can't compete with all the great games that were comming out this year on the old consoles. But in pinball in my eyes the last DMD games go out without a fight! (AC/DC gameplay is the big exception)
Make the gameplay fun and complete and then go over to new technologys!

They have certainly lost sales due to this mega wait for code.

As for WOZ - think the LCD is a huge reason it is earning well. If the game had a dmd bet it would earn nothing like it is now.

#778 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Very soon

#779 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not expecting it anymore - going for Feb 2014.
We should run a comp!

Ok im in Pick your two week segments in which you think it might be releases. My birthday is feb 21 so im going with Feb 14-28... you can have the first to weeks of Feb
Com on folks let make this fun!!!

#780 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

2 out of 3 ain't bad. Very soon

but when will then be now?

#782 10 years ago

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_74&products_id=561
or you can buy these.
The "yellow" in the kit [middle one] was too orange for my taste so I did put a yellow gel over a white LED.

Looks AWESOME and I have a few spare stern LED boards now should I ever have one go out.

#783 10 years ago

Awesome, but I have a question pls. Are these real aluminium or just aluminium painted plastic?

#784 10 years ago

Might want to move that pot to the back burner..

#785 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

Awesome, but I have a question pls. Are these real aluminium or just aluminium painted plastic?

From what I understand they are actual aluminum. Might want to email Terry and ask.

#786 10 years ago

Will XMAS come early this year? Sure hope so...

battery_crank.jpgbattery_crank.jpg

CRANK IT UP LYMAN !

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

but when will then be now?

Soon!

#788 10 years ago

"Soon" has become the new Pinside catchphrase.

1. "$10k by Christmas"
2. "Greta"
3. "Soon"

#790 10 years ago

Come on Stern! release some CODE before the holidays! lets hope for Tomorrow or Monday

#791 10 years ago

Lol, soon?? Tomorrow is about it for the year. I think its time to focus on a great 2014 ; )

#792 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, soon?? Tomorrow is about it for the year. I think its time to focus on a great 2014 ; )

Xmen code came out on Christmas Eve, I believe.

#793 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Xmen code came out on Christmas Eve, I believe.

Arguable : )

#794 10 years ago

Yep, expect a release before Christmas.

#795 10 years ago

I c wut u did ther

#796 10 years ago

Stern needs to make a Being Lyman Sheets movie. We need to know whats going on in his head

#797 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

"Soon" has become the new Pinside catchphrase.
1. "$10k by Christmas"
2. "Greta"
3. "Soon"

I guess I missed Greta.

#798 10 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

Are these real aluminium or just aluminium painted plastic?

They are real aluminum. They are slightly heavier than regular flippers, and you do notice a slight difference in feel, but nothing major. At least not to a crappy player like myself.

#799 10 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

I guess I missed Greta.

Well, a post search came up with 57 posts for the word greta. I believe it was originally a typo by a Pinsider who would consistently pump up the next Stern title: "It's going to be greta!" Probably happened more than once before other Pinsiders began using it in jest.

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Well, a post search came up with 57 posts for the word greta. I believe it was originally a typo by a Pinsider who would consistently pump up the next Stern title: "It's going to be greta!" Probably happened more than once before other Pinsiders began using it in jest.

GRETA was an RGP era thing...it was Derek's typo for "great".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy
Hardware
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
Interactive
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
NinjaCamp Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.