image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 75.
#3051 10 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

The link on the Metallica website didn't work for me.

Do you have a pop-up blocker installed on your browser? When you click the link it opens a new browser window.

#3052 10 years ago

Metallica needs more songs from death magnetic, my vote: The day that never comes and suicide and redemption

#3053 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, let no one say I'm not a man of my word. I'm hoping that code comes for all of you the first week of March, seems like that what was implied. I knew this announcement was coming, but not the actual contents of it, so I gambled it was the code release. Close, but not close enough!
In the meantime all I wanted was some positive energy here, and I think we've got that now. So I'm happy.
Cheers chessiv!

pinside-50.png 40 KB

You're a man of your word. Kudos!

#3054 10 years ago

Four horsemen. Four band members. Vote!

#3055 10 years ago

I'll enjoy the minority with Nothing Else Matters and No Leaf Clover.

#3056 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I am assuming that the update is done sans these two additional 'neutral tracks.'

That's a bold assumption. Lyman has two weeks before the poll ends; I doubt he'll let it to go to waste. Seems like they would have posted this poll much earlier if the code was going to be ready circa today.

#3057 10 years ago

I went with Sanitarium and Wherever I may roam. It is a bit disappointing that we're still weeks away from a release.

#3058 10 years ago

By the way, wheres the dude at that was predicting 2-21?

#3059 10 years ago

Four horsemen would be a cool 4-ball...

Start with one, you have to hit each pick to add a ball, capping at three.

Or each tombstone. Then collect jackpots off of the cross.

#3060 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

That's what I'm saying. I am assuming that the update is done san these two additional 'neutral tracks.'
To be clear, I don't care about having the songs tied closely to modes, that's why I own ACDC.
I just think it's silly to sit on an update that is largely done sans two more neutral tracks. But, maybe Lyman is still polishing it.

As you already know, each mode has music attached to it. We know what modes are missing, so lets break it down

1. Sparky MB
2. Snake MB
3. Grave MB
4. Coffin MB
5. Fuel
6. Lady Justice
7. End of the Line Wizard
8. Sparky Crank It Up
9. Snake Crank It Up
10. Grave Crank It Up
11. Coffin Crank It Up
12. James
13. Lars
14. Robert
15. Kirk
16. Seek & Destroy

I think that's everything.

So, if we end up with 14 songs - that's almost enough to cover every event in the game - some will have to share songs, which is fine - because enough Metallica songs have unique sections to them, so if you start at a certain point, it will feel like everything has a unique song even if they're sharing.

#3061 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

By the way, wheres the dude at that was predicting 2-21?

That was his birthday I think, he was joking.

#3062 10 years ago

Right back at ya.

aurich.gifaurich.gif

#3063 10 years ago

Eye of the Beholder and Harvester of Sorrow have been cast...

#3064 10 years ago
Quoted from skristof:

Four horsemen would be a cool 4-ball...
Start with one, you have to hit each pick to add a ball, capping at three.
Or each tombstone. Then collect jackpots off of the cross.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when I chose horsemen, but I can't see it happening. Would be super cool though!

#3065 10 years ago

Holy shit, I forgot how good "...and Justice for All" is ....that's gotta be in there...

#3066 10 years ago

I'd be shocked if The 4 Horsemen gets in there with Mustaine being on songwriting credit.

#3067 10 years ago

I really like Whiskey in the Jar, too...waaah I can't pick lol

EDIT
Whoops, that's not on the list

#3068 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I'd be shocked if The 4 Horsemen gets in there with Mustaine being on songwriting credit.

Same with Ride the Lightening. We shall see!

#3069 10 years ago

Just voted for Leper Messiah and Whiplash!

Interesting to see the voting results so far. Votes for songs I never would have considered (or not as heavily weighted to some as I'd have guessed).

Disappointed no Garage, Inc. but maybe licensing issues with cover songs?

#3071 10 years ago

Ride the Light and Sanitarium

#3072 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I really like Whiskey in the Jar, too...waaah I can't pick lol
EDIT
Whoops, that's not on the list

Yeah, only Metallica original songs. No covers.

#3073 10 years ago

I voted for Orion and Suicide & Redemption...

But wait, these tracks are already in my game so WHO CARES

#3074 10 years ago
Quoted from Yeagster:

Yeah, only Metallica original songs. No covers.

That's why Am I Evil is not available.

#3075 10 years ago

'No Remorse' and 'Broken, Beat, & Scarred'

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3076 10 years ago

I don't know if someone has mentioned this yet:

http://fb.me/2Voq5UpFH

#3077 10 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

I don't know if someone has mentioned this yet:
http://fb.me/2Voq5UpFH

Nope, totally new, no one has been discussing it for pages before your post.

#3078 10 years ago

Ride the Lightning and Orion! Might as well vote for songs in the top 5 to have a chance at making a difference.

#3079 10 years ago

Very cool that we get two new songs without me needing to use the editing software to do it myself (and somehow really screw up my machine).

Sad that I got Grand Champion on it last night to finally wipe off my wife's score, and now it's gonna be gone!

Post edited by kid_ego : Self-editing my smart ass comment.

#3080 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope, totally new, no one has been discussing it for pages before your post.

Always a critic.
You could have worded that a little better. Yes I understand this discussion is about the update but sorry, I didn't read pages and pages to see if this URL was mentioned.
Excuse me Aurich for trying to be helpful and part of the conversation.

"Mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
Forrest Gump.

#3081 10 years ago

I wonder how it feels as a band to see fans overwhelmingly vote for your old material.

#3082 10 years ago

I am excited, this is great (confirming) news that the code update will actually drop soon. I have a feeling two extra tracks will go into the mix, whilst two of the previous tracks there already will just be used for certain modes.
I am going for Sanitarium and Frantic, any new tracks in the game is just icing IMO

#3083 10 years ago
Quoted from Fluke_Starbucker:

but sorry, I didn't read pages and pages to see if this URL was mentioned.

Or at least the last one page...

#3084 10 years ago

This is really cool. Hopefully people voting on two "jukebox" songs doesn't preclude them from having other new songs tied to modes.

In any case, having a rough timeframe like this is all I ever wanted. Extremely happy.

Went with Blackened and Hit the Lights to add some speedier stuff into the mix.

#3085 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Or at least the last one page...

Dude the URL address I provided does not look like the same one someone else provided.
Why does everyone have to be so nasty and cutthroat?

#3086 10 years ago

Frantic. God no lol!

#3087 10 years ago

Blackened and the Four Horsemen...I was extremely disappointed when Blackened wasn't on the original playlist-hopefully it stays up by the time voting ends.

#3088 10 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Frantic. God no lol!

St. Anger limited edition!

#3089 10 years ago

Looking at the top contenders on http://pinballvote.metallica.com/results, I have no reason to cry since this is all good but I am little surprised that there is so little love for songs like "Suicide & Redemption" ( would be perfect in this game and a killer instrumental piece) and "Eye Of The Beholder" another smashing song. I think I am gonna be a bit calculating on this and wait a few days before I vote. That way, if there is a couple that is close, my choice can actually have a meaning. No reason to vote for something that's got zero chance anyway. Fun it will be, no matter what

#3090 10 years ago

Hit the lights and my apocalypse for me, gotta be fast songs for this game!

#3091 10 years ago

I voted for Hit the Lights (could be awesome with an LED light show) and Orion (because an instrumental would be nice).

#3092 10 years ago

I wonder if this SUPPLEMENTS or REPLACES Borg's Spooky Pinball podcast mention of adding something from Death Magnetic during Coffin MB.

#3093 10 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

I wonder if this SUPPLEMENTS or REPLACES Borg's Spooky Pinball podcast mention of adding something from Death Magnetic during Coffin MB.

I believe he said he wanted to add 3 songs, and have one voted for so I'm guessing (if he's adding 3) that he has already added one for whatever he wanted for that, and we're picking a couple extra for fun.

Or maybe we're only getting two and we're voting for them.

Either way, kudos to Stern, Borg, Lyman, and Metallica for stepping up with some fun, and some communication.

#3094 10 years ago

I hope they have chosen a death magnetic song for coffin and we are voting on 2 additional. They do mention "other already planned stuff".

#3095 10 years ago

I voted nothing else matters but doesn't look like it will make the cut.

#3096 10 years ago

This is Huge !

So stoked it's actually happening

Huge thanks to Lyman and the band in making this happen
it is so good that the band is enthusiastic about what is happening.

So the third track "End of the line" is hopefully locked in ?

Looks like Blackened is a cert,
at just shy of 8 mins
and the pace of this track should go nice with the gameplay

The Four Horseman would be my vote to cap the trifecta !

Orion and Sanitarium are just too slow

if there has to be another track from Puppets
Disposable Heroes would be awesome !

whatever goes in
it will be Win Win !

This Game is gonna kick ass

#3097 10 years ago

I wonder if they may release the new song on this update, it drops around the same time and the concerts they are debuting it at has a voting system set up for the fans with one spot saved for them , similar to this.

Hmmmmmm....

#3098 10 years ago

So Stern pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and you guys can't see it. They now have you voting on songs to make their game better? Like this couldn't be done months ago? By throwing you guys a small bone, they have done nothing more than draw your attention away from their lack of progress with code for a game that's nearly a full year old. Wow! I work in a jail. I can see a similarity with when an inmate is unhappy with it being 62 degrees in his cell and a guard throwing an extra cookie to him an extra cookie to shut him up! You guys have been had! - AGAIN!

#3099 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I voted nothing else matters but doesn't look like it will make the cut.

I love Nothing Else Matters. I actually think it's the best song not in the game, but is just too slow and not a good fit for pinball.

#3100 10 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

So Stern pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and you guys can't see it. They now have you voting on songs to make their game better? Like this couldn't be done months ago? By throwing you guys a small bone, they have done nothing more than draw your attention away from their lack of progress with code for a game that's nearly a full year old. Wow! I work in a jail. I can see a similarity with when an inmate is unhappy with it being 62 degrees in his cell and a guard throwing an extra cookie to him an extra cookie to shut him up! You guys have been had! - AGAIN!

It is very possible that the hold up on this code has been the band or their licensing department. They could have been going back and forth on approvals and such. I'm less effected since I'm a newer owner of the game, but I have been in waiting situations with code.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hoover, AL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.