image-333.jpg
image-350.jpg
image-479.jpg
buddy_boy.jpg
image-700.jpg
Heisenberg.jpg
Rolex-Submariner-116610-LN.jpg
golden.jpg
There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 75.
#501 10 years ago

Asael, if no one posts the washer instructions before getting mine I will post it later in the week.

#502 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more. I've said this a million times myself.
Of course the irony here is that you are apparently saying that the shots in MET don't feel fun, and I couldn't disagree with you more on that issue. The shots are THE reason I bought MET, and are what make it worth hanging on to until the code is updated.

I found these shots really fun as well. Used a Met Pro on location yesterday for a tourney. The layout is great. I love the inline drop targets. With better code this could become an outstanding pin!

#503 10 years ago

GOT CODE ?

I want a t-shirt that says that!

#504 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Unlikely I would think. Though a nothing else matters inclusion would be pretty cool, even though the song is rather slow.

I thought this was unlikely when I heard it, but John Borg quite clearly said as much in the latest spooky podcast (his interview starts in the mid to late 20 minute mark, metallica songs come up at around 33 minutes or so.)

This all begs the question - would it kill Stern to use Facebook to talk about some of this stuff? I assume John would not have said anything that would have gotten him into trouble.

Here's some speculation based on listening to that section of the interview a few times:

1. They have requested additional songs from Metallica (I would hope Borg wouldnt have talked about this in the interview if he didn't think that the additional songs were going to happen. Imagine the backlash if it didn't come true.)
2. One of the songs is intended to be used for casket multiball and will be from Death Magnetic.
3. Stern may run a public poll to determine one of the songs.
4. It sounds like there will be 3 songs - John 'has a couple in mind' and the poll may be used 'for the third.' (Forgive me if those quotes aren't accurate to the exact word.)
5. It sounds like My Apocalypse and All Nightmare Long are on the list. Hopefully the 3rd song is another classic song / not from Death Magnetic.

He mentioned that these would be coming in the power pack - it doesn't seem like they have much time to get licensing approvals and do a public poll before Christmas though.

#505 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I thought this was unlikely when I heard it, but John Borg quite clearly said as much in the latest spooky podcast (his interview starts in the mid to late 20 minute mark, metallica songs come up at around 33 minutes or so.)
This all begs the question - would it kill Stern to use Facebook to talk about some of this stuff? I assume John would have said anything that would have gotten him into trouble.
Here's some speculation based on listening to that section of the interview a few times:
1. They have requested additional songs from Metallica (I would hope Borg wouldnt have talked about this in the interview if he didn't think that the additional songs were going to happen. Imagine the backlash if it didn't come true.)
2. One of the songs is intended to be used for casket multiball and will be from Death Magnetic.
3. Stern may run a public poll to determine one of the songs.
4. It sounds like there will be 3 songs - John 'has a couple in mind' and the poll may be used 'for the third.' (Forgive me if those quotes aren't accurate to the exact word.)
5. It sounds like My Apocalypse and All Nightmare Long are on the list. Hopefully the 3rd song is another classic song / not from Death Magnetic.
He mentioned that these would be coming in the power pack - it doesn't seem like they have much time to get licensing approvals and do a public poll before then.

Waiting and hoping for above!

#506 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

He mentioned that these would be coming in the power pack

Are you f'ing kidding me - A power pack with new songs??

We can do this ourselves in 20 minutes!

CODE CODE CODE

#507 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Are you f'ing kidding me - A power pack with new songs??
We can do this ourselves in 20 minutes!

Actually, you can't. What you can do is *replace* songs. What it's sounds like here is they are *adding* songs.

#508 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Actually, you can't. What you can do is *replace* songs. What it's sounds like here is they are *adding* songs.

Which would mean even more songs I can replace! F'ing awesome. Although if they haven't even figured out what songs to pick, yet alone the rights, if it's coming in this next "powerpack" it sounds like we'll be waiting an eternity to see it.

#509 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Which would mean even more songs I can replace! F'ing awesome. Although if they haven't even figured out what songs to pick, yet alone the rights, if it's coming in this next "powerpack" it sounds like we'll be waiting an eternity to see it.

There could be more than one powerpack. Maybe they update the mode issues (lack of some) and the mystery hole (Why is 500K every time a mystery?) on the first update and then add the songs on the next.

#510 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Which would mean even more songs I can replace! F'ing awesome.

Some ideas for you...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=379202032225192

#513 10 years ago

Xmas 2014 powerpack?.....

#514 10 years ago

I can wait for the extra songs stern just give us a mode update! Anything

#515 10 years ago

Well stern can't do the song voting on fb because most of us can't post on their fb page! Lol

#516 10 years ago

ain't that the truth. I was banned for almost 2 years. back when they kept asking if I was a decepticon or autobot I replied a Tin Man.

#517 10 years ago

You guys must have been hard because I've talked some crap on there and had some stuff deleted. 1 victor Cruz comment and I've been banned from posting on the NY Giants page. F****rs (edit sorry profanity!.. forgot where I was). I told them the team sucked this year before the first game! Insta-ban! Stern I post. let sit for 45 minutes and then delete before she returns from lunch. hah!

#518 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

You guys must have been hard because I've talked some crap on there and had some stuff deleted. 1 victor Cruz comment and I've been banned from posting on the NY Giants page. F****rs (edit sorry profanity!.. forgot where I was). I told them the team sucked this year before the first game! Insta-ban! Stern I post. let sit for 45 minutes and then delete before she returns from lunch. hah!

Someone's been drinking...

#519 10 years ago

Remember how excited we were a few weeks before Expo? Feels like that was a couple months ago.

#520 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Remember how excited we were a few weeks before Expo? Feels like that was a couple months ago.

It sure does. I bought a pro the first day of Expo thinking there would be a killer code update. Then it was Thanksgiving, now Xmas. I'm only a month and a half into the pin and I'm already thinking of selling. It just doesn't have that "one more game" appeal yet because I play one game and I've done everything.

#521 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Someone's been drinking...

Excuse me sir? Who are you anyway?

#522 10 years ago

I have faith, but man is this wait shitty.

#523 10 years ago

Maybe the way forward is to buy the last special edition of a great pin that is finished........so ACDC Gold maybe next year.

Buying unseen is way too risky at these new insane prices.

#524 10 years ago

MET code, or rather, the lack thereof, has taught me a valuable lesson:

-- Early adopters are suckers!

I waited a good year before buying TRON NIB, and obviously was a little too hasty with Metallica.

I brought the game home on May 15.
Almost 7 months later and the game is still missing half the promised modes.
Never again!!!!

#525 10 years ago

It's interesting to note that Spider-man came out in June 2007. According to Stern's read-me file on that game it had revisions April 2009, August 2009, November 2009 and November 2010. I'm assuming there were several other revisions before then. Doing the math, that's almost 3-1/2 years.

Since I just bought my S-M last year, I don't know if there were actual modes missing, etc, when that game was released or if it was pretty much complete... The read-me files history doesn't say anything about adding modes.

So I guess several years of code updates aren't anything new.

#526 10 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

MET code, or rather, the lack thereof, has taught me a valuable lesson:
-- Early adopters are suckers!
I waited a good year before buying TRON NIB, and obviously was a little too hasty with Metallica.
I brought the game home on May 15.
Almost 7 months later and the game is still missing half the promised modes.
Never again!!!!

Yeah I picked my premium up in June I believe. First premium in Canada to my knowledge. 6 months later, the playfield has more useless/wrong instructions on it than useful/correct stuff.

#527 10 years ago

I love the artwork and idea of my. Metallica pin but its about as much fun as Xmen right now. I don't use Facebook but has anyone continued to post on sterns page the issues with no code update?

#528 10 years ago

Wish I had bought ACDC instead!

#529 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have faith, but man is this wait shitty.

Exactly how I feel. I do have faith in Lyman, but the amount of time that it has/will take(n) freaking blows!

#530 10 years ago

I think metallica is a really fun game with the current code, but and here comes the but, I think its stupid that every time you hit the mystery hole it always gives you 500k.

I hope they add more then 3 or 4 options to the mystery award on future updates.
What would be cool is if the mystery awarded you songs that you can only hear by hitting the mystery shot.
Even better would be if you could keep the ball in play for the whole song and be awarded like 20mil or some large sum of points, and before someone says that they will just cradle the ball for the entire song, make it so that you have to be hitting switches every 10 seconds or so to keep the song mode going.
I also wish sparky electrocution modes were more progressive on points, the more you hit him the more points you rack up.

#531 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

I think metallica is a really fun game with the current code, but and here comes the but, I think its stupid that every time you hit the mystery hole it always gives you 500k.
I hope they add more then 3 or 4 options to the mystery award on future updates.
What would be cool is if the mystery awarded you songs that you can only hear by hitting the mystery shot.
Even better would be if you could keep the ball in play for the whole song and be awarded like 20mil or some large sum of points, and before someone says that they will just cradle the ball for the entire song, make it so that you have to be hitting switches every 10 seconds or so to keep the song mode going.
I also wish sparky electrocution modes were more progressive on points, the more you hit him the more points you rack up.

These are all really good ideas. I sure hope Stern is listening...

Game is a blast but could really use scoring help.

#532 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly how I feel. I do have faith in Lyman, but the amount of time that it has/will take(n) freaking blows!

This is a great thread to watch - you guys have no faith. It took years for SM to become a good game and they are still talking about updates to AC/DC. I really wanted to buy ST, but with Lyman on Metallica, which game do you think I bought.

If you really want a good game - hold out. Lyman is done with most of it already and a lot of what is talked about in this thread is already complete. It will come, but we need to give the master time to polish it.

Scott

#533 10 years ago

quality and speed never belong in the same sentence...

#534 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

This is a great thread to watch - you guys have no faith. It took years for SM to become a good game and they are still talking about updates to AC/DC. I really wanted to buy ST, but with Lyman on Metallica, which game do you think I bought.
If you really want a good game - hold out. Lyman is done with most of it already and a lot of what is talked about in this thread is already complete. It will come, but we need to give the master time to polish it.
Scott

I think this thread is interesting because it always has everyone almost close to agreeing but slightly not getting the other person's point. For example my issue is with communication. They could do lots of easy things to fix that. one example. Is 4-5 updates. 2 for each of the first 2 years and then a final code. Send me an empty game, send me an update when the time is right and then polish that code for the end of that fiscal year. 2 weeks here or there. Big Deal! But here on this thread it's all semantics. I think that it's obvious Stern can't please everyone. At the same time if you try to please nobody because you can't please everyone then you please none.

More specific to your point is that when Spiderman came out Facebook was there but grandmas weren't on it like they are now. I mean in 2008 what percent of customers used Facebook compared to now? I mean I never liked their page for free toys. I liked their page to see announcements, ask them questions, give and get feedback. Never intended to bash them. Like I said I think most of us agree with at least 50% of what's said. The semantics turn us into bickering morons.

Quoted from joegeno:

quality and speed never belong in the same sentence...

Tell that to those who enjoy Heisenberg's product.

#535 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I would agree with this, take your time and make it great! Then I can buy the pin I'm looking forward to it.

We all know what Stern and now JJP does, if you buy early, you know what you get, sit back, relax and enjoy!

#536 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It will come, but we need to give the master time to polish it.

But waiting blows.

#537 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I love the artwork and idea of my Metallica pin but its about as much fun as Xmen right now.

Stop, just stop... Xmen plays like a total turd compared to Metallica with only coils engaged and no
software running.

#538 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If you really want a good game - hold out.

Ultimately this is likely 100% true. Really the only reason I'm continuing to whine for code is because I have a horse in the race (which frankly I think qualifies me to complain )

The lesson I've learned is that I don't like having said horse in the race. ie - I don't want to hold out. Therefore, next time I will be buying a 'complete' game and not be an early adopter.

#539 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Stop, just stop... Xmen plays like a total turd compared to Metallica with only coils engaged and no
software running.

XM & Metallica play too differently to be compared (IMHO). I like both, but then I'm not too fussy when it comes to pinball.
One thing they do have in common is original art in the playfield. Again, I like both pfs.

#540 10 years ago

Or you could play Mustang while you wait.

Hit the road, while you wait for code

#541 10 years ago

I'm playing my other games and waiting...I also have the spinners and all the protectors waiting to go in after the code update. Just to make sure the spinners on the pro don't drop out in the sw...

#542 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Just to make sure the spinners on the pro don't drop out in the sw...

Not sure how they could disable spinners on a Pro, unless they completely disable those two outer stand-up targets.

#543 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even the slow Metallica songs tend to have a "power section" ...it kinda feels nice to get to that part of the song - when it amps up, you know you're having a good game for getting that far in the song.

On the flip side, I've had a few really bad games where I've never even gotten to the "vocals" of the song...

#544 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

if you try to please nobody because you can't please everyone then you please none.

Maybe this can be the new Stern slogan!

#545 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

software running.

Yea i may be exaggerating a little but right now its just not as fun as it should be.

#546 10 years ago

I think the hardest thing for me is all the talk and speculation. Here and on rec games all this talk about power packs and holidays as they come and go with no update. I would be nice just to get a response from Lyman . For me a next code update of ????? would be more welcome than just nothing at all even if it meant easter or somthing.

Worst part is its a fun game with a lot of potential that could be one of the greats with his magic.

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I think the hardest thing for me is all the talk and speculation. Here and on rec games all this talk about power packs and holidays as they come and go with no update. I would be nice just to get a response from Lyman . For me a next code update of ????? would be more welcome than just nothing at all even if it meant easter or somthing.
Worst part is its a fun game with a lot of potential that could be one of the greats with his magic.

I agree with you. Absoloutely no communication with the buyer. They had the time and money to make the new "Mustang Pinball" trailer though...

#548 10 years ago

New code coming is all we get.

#549 10 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Quoted from ChadNC:

I agree with you. Absoloutely no communication with the buyer. They had the time and money to make the new "Mustang Pinball" trailer though...

Quoted from hank527:

When things become bad or obvious enough most of us all come around! It's a different day than Spiderman, WoF, Transformers, XM and hopefully after this thread and the others. Shame on you once, twice shame on me is the type of thinking we're all having. We're just ALL trying to filter out the nonsense and arguing when a simple monthly newsletter would settle it. It would take an intern 20 minutes IF THAT~!

#550 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Sounds like the latest episodes of South Park! (aka Game of Thrones)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 12.95
7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 3,704 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-metallica-update-soon/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.