pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9238 (resized).jpeg
mickey-mouse-1200x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_6482 (resized).jpeg
King Kong...gif
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 48,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 963 of 969.
#48101 23 days ago

Pure Black and white I don’t think would look great but the way they did Elvira BKE could work

#48102 23 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I thought Gomez said no more basterdization of LE machines moving forward? Conflicting opinions on what the deal is? I think after the EHOH debacle many got a bad taste in their mouths. Scratching my head here folks

My understanding is that they won't run any more numbered editions of the same game, and won't include LE level features like mirrored backglass, HD glass, special powdercoat rails, etc.

Different art packages at the Premium level may still be made though. So like AC/DC Luci, Star Wars Comic Edition, but no more Elvira BRK or Jurassic 30th.

#48103 23 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My understanding is that they won't run any more numbered editions of the same game, and won't include LE level features like mirrored backglass, HD glass, special powdercoat rails, etc.
Different art packages at the Premium level may still be made though. So like AC/DC Luci, Star Wars Comic Edition, but no more Elvira BRK or Jurassic 30th.

They’re trying to play both sides. “This isn’t an LE! This is something completely different. An anniversary edition!”

#48104 23 days ago

Idk why everyone would be upset or surprised.. literally have had over a year warning to an extent. I also don't understand why a new art package would make that big of a splash... it's literally the same game with different art.

#48105 23 days ago
Quoted from LIPinballSociety:

Idk why everyone would be upset or surprised.. literally have had over a year warning to an extent. I also don't understand why a new art package would make that big of a splash... it's literally the same game with different art.

And still less than an LE because no mirrored backglass, right? Really only affects the Premiums.

#48106 23 days ago

Unless the new art package is more desirable, it isn't going to affect the market any more than producing more non-anniversary Godzilla Premiums.

#48107 23 days ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

Unless the new art package is more desirable, it isn't going to affect the market any more than producing more non-anniversary Godzilla Premiums.

The main reason I bought my Star Wars Comic Premium, instead of not buying one at all, was because I thought the art was such an upgrade over the original. I know there was some early complaints about the Godzilla art, but by now I'm not sure how many people held off on buying a game because of it.

#48108 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

They’re trying to play both sides. “This isn’t an LE! This is something completely different. An anniversary edition!”

I get how you could see it that way if you weren't around for AC/DC Luci, Metallica "Monsters Dirty Donny" edition with special painted sculpts, Batman 66 Catwoman edition, Star Wars Comic Premium...

In other words, nothing new to see here.

#48109 23 days ago

I’m

Quoted from paul_8788:

I get how you could see it that way if you weren't around for AC/DC Luci, Metallica "Monsters Dirty Donny" edition with special painted sculpts, Batman 66 Catwoman edition, Star Wars Comic Premium...
In other words, nothing new to see here.

That’s a good point. I guess what’s different now is there was such a backlash after JP30 that it forced the company to make a public statement about future plans.

Doesn’t take long for there to be backlash about many things right now. A lot of frustration in the hobby coming to a head.

#48110 23 days ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

I’m

That’s a good point. I guess what’s different now is there was such a backlash after JP30 that it forced the company to make a public statement about future plans.
Doesn’t take long for there to be backlash about many things right now. A lot of frustration in the hobby coming to a head.

JP30 was a LE. if Godzilla is Premium as rumored then it would be a slight change.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#48111 23 days ago

More options of any pin will hurt resale value of the originals.

You guys know this. Why pretend it’s somehow gonna be different this time.

Look at all the different Elvira editions. JP dropped. GZ will drop.

They are all dropping anyhow! “I’ll never buy another NIB Stern” chants getting louder.

They are just going back to the well again like JJP did with Woz.

Metallica, Tron etc all the greatest hits will be rolling off the line soon.

And then we will get the subscription model launched before yr end, along with Spike 3.

#48112 23 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

More options of any pin will hurt resale value of the originals.
You guys know this. Why pretend it’s somehow gonna be different this time.
Look at all the different Elvira editions. JP dropped. GZ will drop.
They are all dropping anyhow! “I’ll never buy another NIB Stern” chants getting louder.
They are just going back to the well again like JJP did with Woz.
Metallica, Tron etc all the greatest hits will be rolling off the line soon.
And then we will get the subscription model launched before yr end, along with Spike 3.

Bingo

#48113 23 days ago

I am still happy I got a chance and purchased a JP30 so I can’t do anything but root for people to get what they want. I love that look of GZ pictured above, but the hell if I’m getting that and stripping all these mods off the one I have. Well……..possibly.

#48114 23 days ago

Is it possible they are controlling me through that little white scanner?

#48115 23 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I am still happy I got a chance and purchased a JP30 so I can’t do anything but root for people to get what they want. I love that look of GZ pictured above, but the hell if I’m getting that and stripping all these mods off the one I have. Well……..possibly.

I’ve never had a Metallica. Will likely grab one after the initial NIB run.

I hope everybody gets what they want while it’s available.

Just don’t know who is gonna keep buying NIB. There might be a few for me down the road

Stern gotta feed the 500 employee beast.

Every other company in America has gotten the “cost efficiency” memo the past two yrs

And none of these guys have any pricing power any more.

#48116 23 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is it possible they are controlling me through that little white scanner?

Bingo

#48117 23 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ve never had a Metallica. Will likely grab one after the initial NIB run.
I hope everybody gets what they want while it’s available.
Just don’t know who is gonna keep buying NIB. There might be a few for me down the road
Stern gotta feed the 500 employee beast.
Every other company in America has gotten the “cost efficiency” memo the past two yrs
And none of these guys have any pricing power any more.

I will get my jaws premium or le eventually lol. I don’t feel too bad about prices getting driven down the number of pins I see sold with so little plays makes me think a lot of the people buying these machines don’t even like pinball.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I might get sucked into a swap depending on how it looks and if it will look good with stumblor mods he does have the black and white options for his signs.

Elvira BKE still has quite a bit of color to it so if done correctly it could be pretty great.

#48118 23 days ago

Another SLE Batman is on the board, not in the works yet just on the maybe board.

#48119 22 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've been wondering what they could charge people for.

From Knapp Arcade's "A Never Before Seen Look Behind the Scenes at Stern Pinball":

"Speaking of Insider Connected, George Gomez and Seth Davis assured me that the system will always have a free to use aspect to it for players to track their high scores and get achievements and quests. Stern may introduce additional features to Insider Connected that require more computing power from their host Amazon Web Services, such as the much requested Home Leaderboards. These additional features at some point in the future may require a small charge to help Stern cover the cost with AWS."

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/a-never-before-seen-look-behind-the-scenes-at-stern-pinball

#48120 22 days ago

With all these black-and-white games coming out, the time is NOW for Motörhead!! Imagine if you will, Orgasmatron multi ball!

#48121 22 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

A Godzilla re run would kick off WW3 between Stern and their customers. That would be the beginning of the end.

You seemed all for it when it was for Jurassic Park "LE" re-run.

#48122 22 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

...may require a small charge to help Stern cover the cost with AWS.

I suppose "small charge" is a matter of perspective, but it will be many multiples of what AWS charges.

#48123 22 days ago

Where we at on Metallica now ? Back to new game spike 3 October kickoff ? July appears to be GZ orange flame kiss now.

#48124 22 days ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

With all these black-and-white games coming out, the time is NOW for Motörhead!! Imagine if you will, Orgasmatron multi ball!

Being that the game is at Spooky Pinball, The playfield was out of it 2 weeks ago...

#48125 22 days ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

You seemed all for it when it was for Jurassic Park "LE" re-run.

I was happy, just saying what’s going to happen.

#48126 22 days ago

Well if the 70th B&W Godzilla rumors are true, I might be getting my first Stern. I played all 3 versions of the original and have to say while the game had layers, that playfield color and Godzilla was a no go for me. So if they do the B&W and hopefully change Godzilla to the OG TOHO B&W Godzilla, then it’s gonna be difficult not to get. Guess we’ll see soon

#48127 22 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I was happy, just saying what’s going to happen.

your right, there will be lots of Godzilla’s with less then 100 plays for sale

#48128 22 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

So if they do the B&W and hopefully change Godzilla to the OG TOHO B&W Godzilla, then it’s gonna be difficult not to get.

Stern will listen..! (Not!)

invasion-of-astro-monster-1612225515556 (resized).jpginvasion-of-astro-monster-1612225515556 (resized).jpg
#48129 22 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern will listen..! (Not!) [quoted image]

Put your shoes back on. Stern sensors have detected coin in pocket.

#48130 22 days ago
Quoted from Doctoroctos:

Put your shoes back on. Stern sensors have detected coin in pocket.

And we shall be ready! Who said fomo was dead?

#48131 22 days ago

I think there will be a market for black and white as well as color Godzilla pinball machines at the premium level. I just don't know how many will want a premium b&w Godzilla.
And remember at this point, most of us existing Godzilla owners are not planning on parting with our machines .

#48132 22 days ago

Stern must know their market I would have thought as someone else mentioned that anyone who wanted a Godzilla has one. Low effort from stern, just change the art package, not much of a cost to create. Still I question the demand.

You can easily get any game NIB right now, market in general is slow, will be tough for people to sell current GZ if looking to upgrade.

#48133 22 days ago

<blockquote

Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Stern must know their market I would have thought as someone else mentioned that anyone who wanted a Godzilla has one. Low effort from stern, just change the art package, not much of a cost to create. Still I question the demand.
You can easily get any game NIB right now, market in general is slow, will be tough for people to sell current GZ if looking to upgrade.

That’s why I don’t think they’re doing that.

#48134 22 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern will listen..! (Not!) [quoted image]

Something like this would be tempting though

#48135 22 days ago
Quoted from chad:

Being that the game is at Spooky Pinball, The playfield was out of it 2 weeks ago...

Terrific!! Post deleted…
Kip is usin up all the WiFi

#48136 22 days ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

It's not an upgrade, it's simply an alternate, and Godzilla will have demand forever so it's fine. We knew this was coming glad they kept it to premium and yes low effort equals easy money but no way everyone will be selling off games to get this other than a few fools. Think of it more like Munsters premium having the 2 packages. Now I'm more curious about Jaws 50th. I'm hoping for an entire knew art package.

#48137 22 days ago

I wonder if Stern will re-release GZ in a different color scheme like they did with Elvira Blood Red. Black and white with blue accents. Only release it for the premium and make it limited

#48138 22 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Now I'm more curious about Jaws 50th. I'm hoping for an entire knew art package.

Even better if we knew what the new art package was

#48139 22 days ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

Terrific!! Post deleted…
Kip is usin up all the WiFi

Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day... besides, we both know I've been training to become a cage fighter.

#48140 21 days ago

I keep saying no more LEs, but looks like there is a Metallica LCD-Vault LE in my future. I had a really nice late build Metallica with the sweet metal backbox and sold it before Covid. It was offered back to me at $5000 more than I sold it a couple of years ago. Now I have a chance to get the new car smell with the Lyman rules and upgraded to Stereo sound with LCD? Being a Vault with the original playfield, this probably doesn't count as a cornerstone, so normal release timing probably won't apply. I'm glad they stuck with the rumors from last year with Metallica being the first LCD-Vault and using the original playfield. Tron is next by the way, but a year after Metallica. I'll be passing on Tron at least so no LE there!

#48141 21 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

I keep saying no more LEs, but looks like there is a Metallica LCD-Vault LE in my future. I had a really nice late build Metallica with the sweet metal backbox and sold it before Covid. It was offered back to me at $5000 more than I sold it a couple of years ago. Now I have a chance to get the new car smell with the Lyman rules and upgraded to Stereo sound with LCD? Being a Vault with the original playfield, this probably doesn't count as a cornerstone, so normal release timing probably won't apply. I'm glad they stuck with the rumors from last year with Metallica being the first LCD-Vault and using the original playfield. Tron is next by the way, but a year after Metallica. I'll be passing on Tron at least so no LE there!

I’m hearing Metallica vault, also Godzilla B&W hopefully it’s Metallica next.

#48142 21 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

The Metallica Vault w/LCD upgrade almost feels like a personal challenge inside Stern. The concept to take a popular SAM/Whitestar machine and bring it into the modern execution platform (Spike) sounds like a challenge they are putting on the table to see if it works in real life like it sounds on paper. If it sells well (and I am sure it will), I could see them re-using other previously popular DMD titles to fill-in their production during other work on new titles. Licensing once again plays a big part here, but not the only consideration because saving all of the costs associated with Borg's original playfield design and BOM saves them a ton of time and money to be sure.

#48143 21 days ago

Let's take Bond 60th and put an lcd screen in it. Change artwork to highlight Bond women and price it like a pro. They would sell lot hotcakes. The 60th has a great playing playfield but it really should have been an alternative to a pro model instead of the illusion of scarcity price.

#48144 21 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The Metallica Vault w/LCD upgrade almost feels like a personal challenge inside Stern. The concept to take a popular SAM/Whitestar machine and bring it into the modern execution platform (Spike) sounds like a challenge they are putting on the table to see if it works in real life like it sounds on paper. If it sells well (and I am sure it will), I could see them re-using other previously popular DMD titles to fill-in their production during other work on new titles. Licensing once again plays a big part here, but not the only consideration because saving all of the costs associated with Borg's original playfield design and BOM saves them a ton of time and money to be sure.

Plus they know they have a winner with pent-up demand they can see pricing for on the secondary market, which is not the case with a new pin.

#48145 21 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I was told by a few reliable sources who have been dead on with upcoming pins that it was going to be a redesigned pin with one model. So I sold my pro and asked if the extra sparky bash toys I had would be of any use with the new one. Was told nope. So I sold everything. If this is in fact the same playfield with only new screen and better sound. I would hope they use expression lights and possibly add a few more songs and concert footage at the very least.

#48146 21 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Let's take Bond 60th and put an lcd screen in it. Change artwork to highlight Bond women and price it like a pro. They would sell lot hotcakes. The 60th has a great playing playfield but it really should have been an alternative to a pro model instead of the illusion of scarcity price.</blockquot

Let's take Bond 60th and put an lcd screen in it. Change artwork to highlight Bond women and price it like a pro. They would sell lot hotcakes. The 60th has a great playing playfield but it really should have been an alternative to a pro model instead of the illusion of scarcity price.

My guess is Stern will do this, anything to burn the collectors in this hobby is the way it is going. Stern had a Rolex thing going but short-term vision blew up their long game. Typical LMAO

#48147 21 days ago

As a person who use to sell collectibles & comics for a living, I responded to people who would ask me "Will those (specific comics/collectibles) be worth something in the future?", my answer was you should be buying it if it brings you joy and happiness. If it goes up in value, great. If it doesn't or it drops in value, if it still gives you happiness, who cares. If you think you will get upset if it drops in value, ask yourself the reasons you are buying it in the first place and maybe rethink your choice.

#48148 21 days ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

As a person who use to sell collectibles & comics for a living, I responded to people who would ask me "Will those (specific comics/collectibles) be worth something in the future?", my answer was you should be buying it if it brings you joy and happiness. If it goes up in value, great. If it doesn't or it drops in value, if it still gives you happiness, who cares. If you think you will get upset if it drops in value, ask yourself the reasons you are buying it in the first place.

Very true. Thanks for posting this…. In my opinion that applies for Everything

#48149 21 days ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I was told by a few reliable sources who have been dead on with upcoming pins that it was going to be a redesigned pin with one model. So I sold my pro and asked if the extra sparky bash toys I had would be of any use with the new one. Was told nope. So I sold everything. If this is in fact the same playfield with only new screen and better sound. I would hope they use expression lights and possibly add a few more songs and concert footage at the very least.

We'll see what they do and how far they go when the convert from SAM to SPIKE. If they re-imagine it, it will be like starting from the ground up. If they 'convert' it, they are already half way done! The logical plan may not be the plan they choose. Time will tell...

#48150 21 days ago

They said no more LE runs after the original run is sold out. So any special re run will be pros or premiums. I would imagine no limit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 90.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Duke Pinball

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 15.00
Rubber/Silicone
NinjaCamp Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

5,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 16.00
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 132.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 48,438 posts in this topic. You are on page 963 of 969.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/963 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.