kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1713992383846 (resized).jpg
IMG_1540 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 626 of 943.
#31251 1 year ago

Spooky straight up said they weren’t doing another dual release w/ the same layout. Also, TNA is as much a Spooky Game as RaM. Same designer, same animator, same manufacturer, credited to Spooky pinball on pinside and they both have Lemmy the ghost on the back glass. Case closed. The only “contract” Spooky games are Dominoes and Jetsons.

Quoted from PinMonk:

TNA isn't really a "Spooky" game, but essentially a contract game, so the rerun doesn't count. The Ben Heck/Spooky/CGC co-production is *kinda* Spooky, I guess, but I wouldn't count it, either.
The next legit Spooky is supposed to be another double. I hope for their sake it isn't.

#31252 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky straight up said they weren’t doing another dual release w/ the same layout.

Well, that's good news, then.

wargames_its_learning2.gifwargames_its_learning2.gif
#31253 1 year ago

Yeah except there was a statement from bug/Luke on their Livestream where they said they might.

From Knapp arcade:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/all-the-spooky-pinball-news-that-s-fit-to-print

#31254 1 year ago

The dual release was perhaps not a great idea and proved to be too much to handle at once BUT…HWN is sick and UM is coming along. Anyone doubting HWN needs it at home to dig in. It really is a fantastic pin. And I am critical as F.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that's good news, then.
[quoted image]

#31255 1 year ago

They didn’t rule it out for the future but as far as I can tell they will produce TNA and the new title soon. They only have the capacity to run two games at once. So double theme layout is not happening any time soon.

Quoted from Apex:

Yeah except there was a statement from bug/Luke on their Livestream where they said they might.
From Knapp arcade:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/all-the-spooky-pinball-news-that-s-fit-to-print

#31256 1 year ago

Isn’t this supposed to be a Next Stern thread?

#31257 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

For real. Way too much Spooky talk in here.

#31258 1 year ago

For now on I pledge to respond to each and every post that mentions Spooky pinball with a BTTF pic. You are welcome.

#31259 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The dual release was perhaps not a great idea and proved to be too much to handle at once BUT…HWN is sick and UM is coming along. Anyone doubting HWN needs it at home to dig in. It really is a fantastic pin. And I am critical as F.

We all have blind spots. I still like Xanadu. Yes it's a lame movie and a weird concept that is VERY of its time, but I like it. Can't unlike it even though I know in my head it's a bad movie.

Halloween is currently not a great game (code OR design) by any objective measure. I know some people are really into it, and that's great, but you only have to glance at the marketplace (right now, even) and see people taking huge losses on their deposits or just outright walking away to realize that the "sick" diagnosis is pervasive for Halloween, but not in the way you mean it.

I hope Spooky pulls it out and makes it better with new code. Unfortunately, the layout is what it is and can't be fixed. Those ball return risers are a huge waste of BoM they could have used to make the lighting look less cheap or any number of other improvements that made the game measurably better.

I really am rooting for them to succeed because more competition in the market is better pinball over time.

#31260 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We all have blind spots. I still like Xanadu. Yes it's a lame movie and a weird concept that is VERY of its time, but I like it. Can't unlike it even though I know in my head it's a bad movie.
Halloween is currently not a great game (code OR design) by any objective measure. I know some people are really into it, and that's great, but you only have to glance at the marketplace (right now, even) and see people taking huge losses on their deposits or just outright walking away to realize that the "sick" diagnosis is pervasive for Halloween, but not in the way you mean it.
I hope Spooky pulls it out and makes it better with new code. Unfortunately, the layout is what it is and can't be fixed. Those ball return risers are a huge waste of BoM they could have used to make the lighting look less cheap or any number of other improvements that made the game measurably better.
I really am rooting for them to succeed because more competition in the market is better pinball over time.

Quoted from crujones4life:

For now on I pledge to respond to each and every post that mentions Spooky pinball with a BTTF pic. You are welcome.

Too slow, sucka! Two can play that game.

back to the future mad (resized).jpgback to the future mad (resized).jpg

#31261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Screenshot_20220708-165221_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220708-165221_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31262 1 year ago

Not going to sleep until they announce .

0EA16E4A-2CD6-490C-BEE5-7916FF055250.gif0EA16E4A-2CD6-490C-BEE5-7916FF055250.gif
#31263 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Spooky!!

#31264 1 year ago

The market does not make a great game. Not everything in life is about money. I could care less what the market bears at the moment. Mine is bolted for the foreseeable future.

Quoted from PinMonk:

#31265 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220806-001650_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220806-001650_Facebook (resized).jpg
#31266 1 year ago

I'd give ya 5 upvotes if I could!! Hang in there bud, I'm rooting for ya!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31267 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The market does not make a great game. Not everything in life is about money. I could care less what the market bears at the moment. Mine is bolted for the foreseeable future.

Screenshot_20220619-000614_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220619-000614_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31268 1 year ago

Yeah but they havnt produced a game in ten months soooooo

Quoted from stretch2:

#31269 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah? Why do you suppose they stopped producing Stranger things and Iron Maiden? License just run out?

They are still making Iron Maidens. Supposedly 2023 and it’s still listed on Stern’s site as in production.

#31270 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TMNT is one of the most underrated Spike 2 games. Love mine and it absolutely KILLS on location.

You are soooooo right on this point. TMNT is a killer game that is being discovered by many players now as a top ten game like it should have always been from the beginning. Certainly locations know this, as I’ve spoken to other operators and they say out of all their games it is number one best earner of any of the many titles they have on location. Love my TMNT too! Never selling it.

#31271 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Godzilla was once a Spooky title. Not really.
You never know.[quoted image]

Our family is so wishing Stern does Scooby Do…

Quoted from PinMonk:

I hope Spooky pulls it out and makes it better with new code. Unfortunately, the layout is what it is and can't be fixed. Those ball return risers are a huge waste of BoM they could have used to make the lighting look less cheap or any number of other improvements that made the game measurably better.[quoted image]

Your comment about the market place declaring HWN/UM “sick” diagnosis is spot on. There’s no fixing those PFs through code.

#31272 1 year ago

You know this is real...

11b164e084dc7a4b1b7d9fc40ed5b80ab445f970 (resized).jpg11b164e084dc7a4b1b7d9fc40ed5b80ab445f970 (resized).jpg
#31273 1 year ago

Scooby Do is the next Spoo#y game.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Our family is so wishing Stern does Scooby Do…

#31274 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If true, its so unfortunate, but no ill will toward Spooky. Think they’d do better by just becoming an alternative choice to more affordable gaming, if they priced themselves under a pro, they’d have business coming out the ears. Since feature wise their machines are sparsely appointed in the lesser category of pinball, which is their market place. Stern homepins are priced around the $4.5k mark and have about the same amount of accouterments as Spooky pins do. So if Spooky priced their offerings somewhere in that realm or even a little more they’d find their niche for success.

#31275 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern homepins are priced around the $4.5k mark and have about the same amount of accouterments as Spooky pins do

benny.gifbenny.gif
#31276 1 year ago

Give me Iron Maiden Stern, I am ready...

70F7937F-38A6-4A1F-B3C7-2CA07C116617 (resized).jpeg70F7937F-38A6-4A1F-B3C7-2CA07C116617 (resized).jpeg
#31277 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The market does not make a great game. Not everything in life is about money.

The money isn't the POINT. It's a bellwether of sentiment for how much people like/dislike the game. If a LOT of people are willing to walk away from a decent amount of deposit money on their NIB preorder just so they can get out from under a game that they have lost faith in, that's significant. And that's the case is with Halloween and Ultraman, currently.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I could (sic) care less what the market bears at the moment.

Nor should you. You like the game, it's bolted down for you, and you're a fan of the IP. The market sentiment is the last thing that should be on your mind.

BUT you have to realize that for everyone else living in the real world with no vested interest in the game, what Spooky delivered is not popular at all, and confidence in it ever being right is waning. THAT is what the marketplace ads with losses all over the place indicates and why you trying to convince non-believers it's amazing rings hollow.

#31278 1 year ago

My buddy has Ultraman and Jurassic Park home pin and JP pin gets a lot more plays and smiles during cocktails hours.

#31279 1 year ago
BCAA025E-ABA9-4D95-8ADF-C32807FDB542.gifBCAA025E-ABA9-4D95-8ADF-C32807FDB542.gif
#31280 1 year ago

#31281 1 year ago

I hope Stern does not do Scooby. Great show for me as a kid but does not make me excited as a theme.

#31282 1 year ago

I can hardly bear to respond to all that of the inaccurate points of your last message but I WILL say that my two spooky games (ACNC and HWN) have more in them than my 6 Stern spike 2’s combined. HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates. That being said…this IS the next Stern thread so let’s try to stay on subject so we don’t have a repeat of last weeks Spooky party which, yes…was my fault.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

If true, its so unfortunate, but no ill will toward Spooky. Think they’d do better by just becoming an alternative choice to more affordable gaming, if they priced themselves under a pro, they’d have business coming out the ears. Since feature wise their machines are sparsely appointed in the lesser category of pinball, which is their market place. Stern homepins are priced around the $4.5k mark and have about the same amount of accouterments as Spooky pins do. So if Spooky priced their offerings somewhere in that realm or even a little more they’d find their niche for success.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31283 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can hardly bear to respond to all of the inaccurate points of your last message but I WIL say that my two spooky games have more in them than my 6 Stern spike 2’s combined. HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates.

Have we had enough of this already

#31284 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

My buddy has Ultraman and Jurassic Park home pin and JP pin gets a lot more plays and smiles during cocktails hours.

Stern’s JP Home Pin created by Jack Danger is a superior game in every way over HWN/UM. My niece has one and loves it. Certainly has a more exciting mech with the T-Rex. What does HWN/UM have in the way of mechs? None, so the comparison with Spooky pins being in that pricing realm is realistic. It’s not meant as a put down of Spooky, but as reality of their business model. If they would only realize that and then capitalize on it, they’d have a more successful company and the market would bear that out for them. Right now, the market says overwhelmingly that they are way over priced for what they’re offering. Have a good friend with a ACNC, which he says he can’t give away. There are no buyers at that price point, but it is one of the only Spooky pins with a little more in it.

#31285 1 year ago

Yes, I didn’t start it this time though. Haha

Quoted from Mattyk:

Have we had enough of this already

#31286 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates. That being said…

E87298A4-FAC2-4A99-9199-0D1C462A3C31.gifE87298A4-FAC2-4A99-9199-0D1C462A3C31.gif
#31287 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I WILL say that my two spooky games (ACNC and HWN) have more in them than my 6 Stern spike 2’s combined. HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates.

A6E5CFEA-8659-4EE1-A0D4-289AEFF6239B (resized).jpegA6E5CFEA-8659-4EE1-A0D4-289AEFF6239B (resized).jpeg
#31288 1 year ago

You have very obviously not played (or seen) these games apparently LMFAO

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern’s JP Home Pin created by Jack Danger is a superior game in every way over HWN/UM. My niece has one and love it. Certainly has more exciting mech with the T-Rex mech. What does HWN/UM have in the way of mechs? None, so the comparison with Spooky pins being in that pricing realm is realistic. It’s not meant as a put down of Spooky, a reality of their business model. If they would only realize that and then capitalize on it, they’d have a more successful company and the market would bear that out for them. Right now, the market says overwhelmingly that they are way over priced for what they’re offering.

#31289 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You have very obviously not played (or seen) these games apparently LMFAO

Played every Spooky pin many times (with the exception of Dominos and Jetson’s). I know exactly what I’m talking about.

#31290 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can hardly bear to respond to all of the inaccurate points of your last message but I WIL say that my two spooky games have more in them than my 6 Stern spike 2’s combined. HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates.

See this is where you get in trouble. You can't pull subjective statements out of your butt and call them fact. Just a quick COIL COUNT will tell you that Halloween has ~17 coils and a shaker and PotC has ~39 coils and a shaker. That's right, Halloween has less than HALF the coils of a jjPotC, which any rational person knows is not the sign of a "feature stacked" game.

You like Halloween. No one is trying to take that from you. But the reality is, it's less-than in the current market, and will far undersell the next Stern. <---see? Back on topic!

#31291 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

See this is where you get in trouble. You can't pull subjective statements out of your butt and call them fact. Just a quick COIL COUNT will tell you that Halloween has ~17 coils and a shaker and PotC has ~39 coils and a shaker. That's right, Halloween has less than HALF the coils of a jjPotC, which any rational person knows is not the sign of a "feature stacked" game.
You like Halloween. But it's less-than in the current market, and will far undersell the next Stern. <---see? Back on topic!

But what you’re saying is making too much sense for irrational people, lol.

#31292 1 year ago

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss the hourly BTTF pictures.

#31293 1 year ago

What are you even talking about lol

Quoted from Thunderbird:

#31294 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Screenshot_20220703-001931_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220703-001931_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31295 1 year ago

Why are pinball machines such closely guarded secrets. Video games are announced years in advance. I’ve heard the argument that it could detract from current game sales, but I’m not buying it. Locations want a steady stream of new games and us addicts will find a way to make room.

I feel like if something like TS4 was announced a early on it would have benefited from consumer’s feedback. Same with Halloween. Stern seems to not need it for the most part, but I feel like smaller makers could really benefit from input/testing.

#31296 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Screenshot_20220622-003902_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220622-003902_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31297 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The money isn't the POINT. It's a bellwether of sentiment for how much people like/dislike the game. If a LOT of people are willing to walk away from a decent amount of deposit money on their NIB preorder just so they can get out from under a game that they have lost faith in, that's significant. And that's the case is with Halloween and Ultraman, currently.

Nor should you. You like the game, it's bolted down for you, and you're a fan of the IP. The market sentiment is the last thing that should be on your mind.
BUT you have to realize that for everyone else living in the real world with no vested interest in the game, what Spooky delivered is not popular at all, and confidence in it ever being right is waning. THAT is what the marketplace ads with losses all over the place indicates and why you trying to convince non-believers it's amazing rings hollow.

FB_IMG_1653709080554 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1653709080554 (resized).jpg
#31298 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Screenshot_20220314-182037_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-182037_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31299 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

[quoted image]

Screenshot_20220703-135715_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220703-135715_Instagram (resized).jpg
#31300 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220712-005533_Instagram (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 626 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/626 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.