(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 153.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

What if he only moves when the shoddy screws they used break and he falls destroying the plastic ramps on the pro??

Look pinside, he moved!

#2952 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Can anyone confirm if Baby Yoda is static or does he move around? Looks like he is static/ lacking movement.

"Does the dinosaur eat the ball?!?"

Sorry, just trying to take some of the load off CrazyLevi in these trying times.

#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

It’s the whole Stranger Things UV precedent. Apparently Eddy is incapable of working to a BOM so rather than offend him, the bean counters let him finish the game then strip out the most expensive feature and sell it as an add-on.

#2954 2 years ago

Hi Todd!

#2955 2 years ago

Grogu is a glorified Happy Meal toy, and is probably a repurposed, low cost, bottom rung of the ladder, entry level play figure sourced from a licensed third party supplier. I can not see Stern fronting the up front costs of a injection mold to make a simple static "do nothing" playfield toy in this day and age. They probably 3D printed the prototype and had to wait until the official figures showed up from China to start building these. This is the worst cash grab from an LE perspective I've seen in a long time. Try and convince yourself that $14K is worth it to own a machine that will more than likely come and go without much fanfare other than, yeah Stern made a Mandalorian back in '21, and people went nuts.

Then eventually Grogu goes rogue, purposefully kills Han Solo in some bizarre time travel "save the Younglings" campaign that is attempting to right the Kylo Ren wrongs of the past by killing the father (just to be sure) and becomes a Sith Lord to bring balance back to the force, which has got all out of wack due to the collapse of Vader/Sideous/Palpatine, leaving the light side in the majority. At least thats how it would play out if the Kathleen Kennedy's of the world could have their say on this, just like she screwed the pooch on the last three sequels.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Grogu is a glorified Happy Meal toy, and is probably a repurposed, low cost, bottom rung of the ladder, entry level play figure sourced from a licensed third party supplier. I can not see Stern fronting the up front costs of a injection mold to make a simple static "do nothing" playfield toy in this day and age. They probably 3D printed the prototype and had to wait until the official figures showed up from China to start building these. This is the worst cash grab from an LE perspective I've seen in a long time. Try and convince yourself that $14K is worth it to own a machine that will more than likely come and go without much fanfare other than, yeah Stern made a Mandalorian back in '21, and people went nuts.
Then eventually Grogu goes rogue, purposefully kills Han Solo in some bizarre time travel "save the Younglings" campaign that is attempting to right the Kylo Ren wrongs of the past by killing the father (just to be sure) and becomes a Sith Lord to bring balance back to the force, which has got all out of wack due to the collapse of Vader/Sideous/Palpatine, leaving the light side in the majority. At least thats how it would play out if the Kathleen Kennedy's of the world could have their say on this, just like she screwed the pooch on the last three sequels.

Spoiler alert. Season 3 will have nothing to do with Groku(gu?).

#2957 2 years ago

DOES IT MOVE MOTHERFUCKA????

sam (resized).jpgsam (resized).jpg
#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Lonnie, Gomez and no.

Oh was he serious?

#2959 2 years ago

I swear if it moves my life will finally have some meaning.

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT MOVE

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spoiler alert. Season 3 will have nothing to do with Groku(gu?).

Son Goku.

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh was he serious?

Deadly

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Some kind of post announcement surprise??

My pet theory is that Baby Yoda did move originally but once Gary Stern saw all the LEs selling out sight unseen, he went down the line ripping out the guts to save $ on the BoM (like it was a SR game).

Or... they will release to cool moving version as a custom mod later, ala UV lights on Stranger Things.

#2963 2 years ago

Just a reminder:

Stuff that moves yet fails to impress pinsiders:

Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

Be careful what you wish for folks. It may just move!!!!

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a reminder:
Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

A much more apt comparison would be the T-Rex on "Inspired by Jurrassic Park", which you conveniently left off your list.
...and nobody thought the flail on BK was unimpressive.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Better speakers also?
Look we've been through this before as people try to add up the $ on add ons in their heads to prove that the LE isn't "worth" the upgrade from premium. That's not really the point, it's not supposed to "add up" as the point is that Stern wants more money.
You are paying for that invisible "trophy value" on an LE, and it's clearly worth it to folks cause these keep selling.

Yes , for the original Msrp price on LE
But now the scalpers , flippers , predators or what ever you want to call them
Ask $4000 to take my spot
Or $14999 , $15k , $16k or OBO
Then you should really start thinking about a group Buy on redoing Premiums
with new art work :cabinets and whatever else is exclusive to LE , you can buy so much

I bet for $2500 you can get a lot going
So $7600 + $2500 = win , win

#2966 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Surprises. They like surprises.

Quoted from rvdv:

Yes , for the original Msrp price on LE
But now the scalpers , flippers , predators or what ever you want to call them
Ask $4000 to take my spot
Or $14999 , $15k , $16k or OBO
Then you should really start thinking about a group Buy on redoing Premiums
with new art work :cabinets and whatever else is exclusive to LE , you can buy so much
I bet for $2500 you can get a lot going
So $7600 + $2500 = win , win

Or just don’t buy a LE for 15k and none will ever cost that.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

These are both pretty cool. The rest (shit on a stick/spring) yeah are pretty meh.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

"Does the dinosaur eat the ball?!?"
Sorry, just trying to take some of the load off CrazyLevi in these trying times.

I believe your input is only required when discussing Spanish Eyes, thanks.

#2969 2 years ago

Stern intentionally not replying to direct questions about whether Gregory moves or not is making me read through articles about the machine and check junk like this thread repeatedly for info about a pin I've long since committed to buying.
The silent hype is powerful.
I need to chill until 05/21 I guess.

#2970 2 years ago

Me buying the machine or not doesn't hinge on the doll moving, it just seems crazy - and pretty cheap - if it doesn't.

Was the original teaser video ever reuploaded? I swear in that it looked like that bastard shook.

#2971 2 years ago

I am just saying after seeing Krang bounce up and down I was all in on the premium TMNT. lol.

#2972 2 years ago

Stern dropped the ball bigly! Just imagine, if the baby moved, they'd sell out of LEs in a day and distributors would scalp them for $5k over MSRP. Oh wait...

#2973 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DOES IT MOVE MOTHERFUCKA????[quoted image]

Oh fuck that’s funny man!

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a reminder:
Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

Hulk on the original Avengers had a ton of ball hangups.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s the whole Stranger Things UV precedent. Apparently Eddy is incapable of working to a BOM so rather than offend him, the bean counters let him finish the game then strip out the most expensive feature and sell it as an add-on.

As an add on I could see, I was referring to it actually being animated in the pin when you buy it. The idea of keeping it a secret would just go against the whole point of marketing.

#2976 2 years ago

Super Awesome Pinball Show with Brian Eddy and Dwight Sullivan talking The Mandalorian.

https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/19099136

#2977 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

What makes you buy an LE over premium I ask
- different art and with that the limited nrs
Now with Mandolorian LE being flipped for $15k
And premium version is around $7600
I wander how special can you make the premium
With $7400 to spend
- make new custom cabinet art work
- new Glass translite
- upgrade speakers
And what else
And boom , you have your own SLE

Bingo!

Thats all I am buying, contact Steve at Pinball Refinery for your unique Edition

Best choice for collectors that want keepers

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As an add on I could see, I was referring to it actually being animated in the pin when you buy it. The idea of keeping it a secret would just go against the whole point of marketing.

If it every has the ability to move, I fully expect an add on.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that makes sense and it would also make sense to keep that a secret, going to be some rage when if they announce that. Imagine if they made it limited, LOL. Now that would be some scalping.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Would it? It has kept a bunch here speculating endlessly about it for several days. Seems like peak marketing to me.

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DOES IT MOVE MOTHERFUCKA????[quoted image]

It takes up an awfully large amount of real estate to be stagnant.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pro buyers like me would be screwed without the magnet being on the playfield.

(edit) I'm thinking the magnet would be needed if Grogu did pick up the ball.

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Pro buyers like me would be screwed without the magnet being on the playfield.

Why would you be screwed? Just buy the one you want. If you want the magnet and possibly moving Grogu, get the premium.

#2984 2 years ago

PismoArcade i don’t think so. A magnet is very minor vs a moving upper playfield. But I actually think the pro is going to be a solid game. I route pins so I’m gonna get me one. Maybe even two...

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just a reminder:
Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

to be honest, I think the Deadpool bobble head rocks.
It is supposed to be a bobble head, and does as intended

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

PismoArcade i don’t think so. A magnet is very minor vs a moving upper playfield. But I actually think the pro is going to be a solid game. I route pins so I’m gonna get me one. Maybe even two...

If I had a route, they would be in every location. These things are gonna print money. Put these next to stranger things and rake it in.

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you be screwed? Just buy the one you want. If you want the magnet and possibly moving Grogu, get the premium.

You're right..."Screwed" is the wrong word.

Before I paid for my Pro, I watched the videos, read the matrix that Stern put out and made my decision based on that. If Stern pulls a "surprise" and Grogu does move in the premium/le, I'd be disappointed.

Brian Eddy is asked on the latest episode of Super Awesome Pinball Show if Grogu picks up the ball and he says "no" so that makes me feel a bit better.

#2988 2 years ago

I route pins so I’m gonna get me one. Maybe even two...

Rightly so, I would definitely play one if I see it in the wild, so would my girlfriend (probably my girlfriend would pull on my arm to go play it!).

Whatever people have said about Grogu being a static toy or not, the appeal factor is huge. Kids will ask parents for some money to play it. And if the game delivers on only half of its promises, it will be a success, IMHO

Edited: reselling value should be high as well, even if routed.

#2989 2 years ago

chuckwurt Nailed it. Stranger things is my number one earner. This will compete. That’s why I’m thinking of getting more than one.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I had a route, they would be in every location. These things are gonna print money. Put these next to stranger things and rake it in.

Wow, Mando next to Stranger Things, damn that's a good combo for parents with kids!

#2991 2 years ago

Whatever happens, I'm just over the top happy to restart my collection after selling all of my pins a couple of years ago. Awesome feeling to once again be an owner.

Now if JJP and Kapow would hurry up and announce Toy Story and Back To The Future, I can rebuild my collection even faster!

#2992 2 years ago

Saltimbanco Don’t even care about resale factor. I have games at a pizza place, and it always makes me smile to see them covered with greasy little finger prints.

#2993 2 years ago

Saltimbanco Don’t even care about resale factor. I have games at a pizza place, and it always makes me smile to see them covered with greasy little finger prints.

An operator that enjoys knowing kids are having fun playing those games, that's great!

#2994 2 years ago

Wasn’t there a situation at the last minute with Stern and GOTpro. People/Stern Staff looked at the game and said, “Wheres the Iron Throne,” and then right before production Stern threw in a stationary throne for the pro? Maybe Stern threw in a stationary baby Yoda for the Mandalorian pro or something?

#2995 2 years ago

Stern is waiting to release a moving Grogu as an add on so they can win this year’s Twipy’s for “Best Mod”.

#2996 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

To revel in the meltdown on pinside?
The LE's sell themselves.
Show Grogu moves and revel in the pinside reaction, then rake in the premium sales...brilliant!

#2997 2 years ago

The seam on Baby Yoda's hand is so you can remove it and buy the official $500 "Baby Yoda Super 180 Degree Motion Moving Hand" mod.

#2998 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

To revel in the meltdown on pinside?
The LE's sell themselves.
Show Grogu moves and revel in the pinside reaction, then rake in the premium sales...brilliant!

I'm not worried about Stern's marketing team, they know what they have..!

#2999 2 years ago

Interesting I was traveling for work this week looking for something to do, so I went to a Stern dealer. As I am there his Stern rep calls and asked if he wants 2 more Mando LE’s

Anyone else seeing them pop up at dealers?

#3000 2 years ago

I find this “moving Grogu” speculation hilarious. IDK how you can watch the all promo videos, read the feature matrix & somehow believe it’s animated. It’s hard plastic!

No problem though. I’m sure this fix can be done...

1) Buy animatronic Hasbro Grogu for $60
2) Cut the head off the plastic stern toy
3) Insert head & gear motor box & hot glue in place. Toss the arms & the speaker. It will have room to fit.
4) hardwire the power supply to game with correct inverter.
5) Install a shaker motor.

Every time the pin rumbles & shakes, the switch on top of his head will activate, making his ears, head & eyes move.

Problem fixed. Moving Grogu. And you saved the $350+ markup some modder will rake you for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

9,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lansing, KS
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 129.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,622 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball/page/60?hl=tr8785 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.