(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,536 posts
  • 805 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 429 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 336 votes
    35%

(963 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg
68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).png
Rush cringe (resized).png
LZ band member art (resized).jpg
Amen Brother! (resized).jpg
mando 3 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
GEDC6714 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (8 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#393 8 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Enron looked good too, till it didn't.
Quality has slipped drastically since the days of Walt.

Yeah they don't put stuff out as good as The Apple Dumpling Gang or Herbie the Love Bug any more.

#405 8 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Walt was dead when those 2 movies came out.

Ok, so what's your excuse for "The Monkey's Uncle," "The Misadventures of Merlin Jones" or "That Darn Cat?"

I guess I just think it's silly to be complaining that Disney has sucked my entire lifetime because Walt died well before I was born. Reminds me of people who insist the Beatles died when Ringo joined.

Damn I had no idea how bad the slide in quality was when I was at Space Mountain as an 8 year old. DAMN YOU DISNEY!!!

#408 8 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Actually if you look up the history of Space Mountain that was Walt's plans after the Matterhorn ride did so well in 1959.
The quality of Disney CINEMA has clearly slipped, feel free to wander off topic though.

Right...but Space Mountain sucked when I was 8 because Walt was no longer in charge.

It sucks even worse now! Some idiot added speakers!

And the churros seemed stale at the cart outside.

#438 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This is the best news I've heard in long time. I CAN'T WAIT till the reveal comes and everyone shits all over it; Always entertaining.
I mean it better have magnets right...cause like the force and stuff!

This game BETTER have innovation!!!

And by innovation I mean magnets and upper playfields...you know stuff from games built 40 years ago.

#439 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE sold out sight unseen days before the game came out. any one still doubting how big this IP is?

To be fair, isn't every LE sold out instantly these days? Till a month later when it turns out they aren't?

Maybe I'm off on that but you guys would know!

#474 8 months ago

Hey so for those of us who haven't seen the show...

Is it actually THE Baby Yoda? Or just *A* baby Yoda?

#504 8 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is he any good?It’s weird he has two first names,I don’t think we can trust him!

He's got the best hair in pinball design!

#564 8 months ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

You can bet once the pics are released, they will be posted in this thread within 5 minutes.

And people will still be asking if there are pictures.

Also, who is on code?! And who is designing this one?!

#621 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get blind buying the LE, since you risk missing out...but why not wait on Pro/Prem? See it or play it first. No rush.

It's just not the same.

I mean...how excited can Rick and Morty people possibly be about getting a game that's a year old already? Is it still gonna be a thrill when people are getting their Haggis Fathom in 2 years? That's like 6 Stern games from now.

That's why Stern will always be #1 with FOMO. You know you'll get your pro within a couple weeks or your LE shortly thereafter.

#795 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

STh has 2 pops.

Star Wars also I think?

Regardless, we've never seen a pop-free Stern.

#952 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

750 units is not limited in my book.

You should register your displeasure by not buying one.

#1838 8 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I guess they had to do something with the huge supply of leftover Herman magnets from the Munsters....

It always cracks me up that people always seem to think new games are cobbled together from “leftover parts.” That’s not how it works. They make the parts for the games they build.

When was the last time we had a game this orange?! Looks cool to me. Burns like the tattooine suns.

#1921 8 months ago

So...it’s a pinball machine!

Surprise!!!!

People always seem disappointed when the pics / video come out and it’s just a pinball machine. You’d think by this point people would accept that it’s just going to be a pinball machine, not a life-changing paradigm shift.

Well...maybe the next one will be the one.

#2028 8 months ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

What Levi (I think) and I are referring to is the claim that they would rely on old stocks of surplus parts.

It's a familiar, tired trope around here. Pretend a game that you think didn't sell well (munsters in this case) was such a disaster that they just have tons of Herman magnets laying around and this dictated the design of Mandalorian.

It accomplishes two things - gets in a dig at Stern for their disastrous failure of Munsters, and makes the poster seem smug/smart for bringing up the genius conclusion that old parts are being used in a new pinball machine.

In reality, Munsters sold just fine, and this is total nonsense, and for point two, only the rubiest of noobs is impressed by this "logic."

This isn't how Stern makes pinball machines. If it were, wouldn't we have had three straight pinball machines that "used up" all the parts from WWE?

It's just total nonsense. Not how it works.

#2081 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Ok then, it’s pinball not a size appropriate diorama. If baby Yoda was size appropriate to the spaceship he’d be the size of an ant. You have to realize this is a pinball machine.

People here often have a hard time with this.

Remember when folks were upset that the moving Dino head on JP premium just didn't look realistic enough?

They actually had an expectation that the game would be able to convince them there was a real dinosaur inside.

#2085 8 months ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

zzzzzzzz. I'm sure i'll get a lot of love for this opinion lol...

Yeah. Trashing new games here is always super unpopular and nobody ever does it!

You're a rebel!

#2089 8 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Motion? Bleh... who notices how much staypuft moves in GB?
As long as the doll doesn't compromise other stuff, it serves it's purpose... eye-candy for the street players.

The first "toy" in pinball history was probably the static space shuttle in Space Shuttle, and it was a true game-changer. It drew attention and quarters and helped make the game a mega-hit. That's what these things are for.

Like the giant tongue ramp on Stones. Yeah it would be nice if it danced around lasciviously but it does its job just sitting there.

#2094 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

DE Star Wars had an R2D2 that did a bunch of nothing but move up and down... but it at least moved.

moved (resized).jpg
#2109 8 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Anyone else notice they have DELETED Cara Dune (Gina Carano) from the game and series.... just ridiculous if you ask me. But that's a whole other story and I can't blame Stern... [quoted image]

Nobody noticed this. Good eye!!!!!

#2250 8 months ago
Quoted from tr8785:

As someone whose worked in industry, I understand the cost vs benefit ratio. Stern knows how to make a fun and interesting game. They have to stretch the dollar on licenses like this. Do you know what it’s like to pay a union labor force in a market like Illinois, through Covid? .

I generally agree with your post but...union labor force? It's not 1977 and I'm pretty sure there's no union workers at Stern.

#2263 8 months ago

Some rando on the internet got his hands on a Mando LE and is streaming it live as we speak!?!?

Wow! That's gotta be a worthwhile link to click on!

#2280 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Sorry guys, just now got caught up on this thread. Is it my turn to mention Cara Dune or should I ask who's doing the code?

The date of the first stream may interest you, just ask!

#2427 8 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

How many episodes was aksoka in? One? How many episodes was Luke in? One? And yet these characters are prominently featured while Cara Dune is revised out. Come on Stern... I know half the people want her gone, but it's not like she was even remotely as controversial as at least one of your game designers.
Hey that reminds me... Are they ever going to reissue Ghostbusters?

Jesus dude give it up. This is starting to get sad.

Remember the AC/DC vault? Remember who wasn't on it?

Phil Rudd, who had been kicked out of the band between the original release and the vault for jeopardizing a world tour with moronic behavior.

Miss whats her name has been kicked out of the band, and the band doesn't want to include her on this game. Has NOTHING to do with Stern and they couldn't put her dumb ass back on there if they wanted to; as Gina might say, they are "only following orders." Disney didn't erase her just to allow some small pinball company to drag her back from the abyss.

Maybe one day she'll be back in the band, and they'll vault it. Until then, you guys gotta let this go. Maybe someone will mod up a colorform you can slap on the translite or something.

#2433 8 months ago

I don't really care about any of this shit, it's just shocking to me how little people who think about licensed pinball machines every waking moment of their lives understand about licensing.

If you are crabby about this whine to Disney, not Stern. IT WASN'T STERN'S CALL.

#2574 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don't get it lol. Why don't you just buy your kid a $45 animatronic baby yoda toy. How long after he realizes that the baby yoda in the game does nothing will he still give a crap about the pinball machine? Buying a 6k+ game because your kid likes baby yoda is pretty funny to me...

He just said he's NOT buying it. But LOLZ I guess?

#2866 8 months ago

There's been a ton of games with plastic ramps across the playfield.

Let's move on shall we to the next outrage.

#2913 8 months ago

I'm curious who is on code, who did the playfield design, and if there has ever been a game with a plastic ramp before?

#2924 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Aren't you wondering why there are lights on Mando's helmet playfield malarkey?

WHERE'S GINA?!?!

#2927 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Inner art blades are exclusive to the LE too.

Better speakers also?

Look we've been through this before as people try to add up the $ on add ons in their heads to prove that the LE isn't "worth" the upgrade from premium. That's not really the point, it's not supposed to "add up" as the point is that Stern wants more money.

You are paying for that invisible "trophy value" on an LE, and it's clearly worth it to folks cause these keep selling.

#2957 8 months ago

DOES IT MOVE MOTHERFUCKA????

sam (resized).jpg
#2959 8 months ago

I swear if it moves my life will finally have some meaning.

PLEASE GOD MAKE IT MOVE

#2963 8 months ago

Just a reminder:

Stuff that moves yet fails to impress pinsiders:

Herman Munster
The shark on Pool Sharks
Mick on a Stick
Tie fighter on a stick
Deadpool bobble head
ramp on Waterworld
BK flail

Be careful what you wish for folks. It may just move!!!!

#3038 8 months ago
Quoted from mummite:

Watching the trailer again why does the mini-PF flippers work at the same time as the main flippers. Seems that the mini-playfield flips should only be available when the ball is on the mini-PF and not all the time. Player is in this mode use these flips only.

Because if a $2 switch broke then you'd never be able to play the upper playfield (the game wouldn't know the ball was up there and it wouldn't activate the flippers or the mode).

This is why all upper playfield flippers are wired to the main flippers, or have their own buttons.

Who cares anyway? You paying by the flip?

#3101 8 months ago

Does anybody know if the upper playfield flippers move?!?!

#3117 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Actually it is an issue, it's distracting

And yet you people want a breakdancing baby Yoda!

MAKE UP YER MINDS!!!

#3121 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah...thanks for coming to rescue

Do you buffoons want shit on this game to move or not?

MAKE UP YER MINDS!

More movement = better pinball!

#3125 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

You're the idiot that's mixing up a complaint about a missed opportunity for what could've have been an awesome toy with the flippers on a mini pf that's facing the player going off in phantom fashion

Look all I know is If paid all that money, I'd want as many things moving as possible as often as possible. Do I dare risk my friends and neighbors asking me why the game has flippers that don't move?!

This whole "kill the flippers" movement is beyond dumb. Upper playfield flippers are too "distracting" for you to enjoy your game?

We've reached new levels of whining. This is pinball. The upper flippers - the vast majority of the time, for about 40 years, for dozens and dozens of games - are always on, for reasons that have been explained many times.

I'm thinking some of you people need to find a new hobby. One you can enjoy.

#3128 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, this post could be considered a difference of opinion if you weren't a such a whiny shill...always slamming every Pinsider that has anything negative to say about Stern.
The game is 8k folks, just buy it and shut up!

This is just the dumbest bullshit I've ever read.

"The upper flippers move and it distracts me."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?!

It's a pinball machine. This is what pinball machines do; they have flippers that move, all the time. Whether it's a Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc...I'm white knighting for all of these brave designers and manufacturers of "moving flipper" games.

Find a new hobby. Pinball ain't for you.

#3142 8 months ago

Hey remember what happened to last guy who thought the most brilliant debating tactic ever was to type "shill" as many times as possible, as fast as possible?

WHere'snow?

#3147 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's in Pinside Prison. They gave him a life sentence but he can still read and up-vote here. (pretty sure no down voting) Like a cushy Federal Prison I guess.
Oh, and he can still send nasty emails. Ask me how I know!

LOL @ "Pinside Club Fed."

He's shilling for white collar crime law reform now!

#3149 8 months ago
Quoted from shaub:

Flippers moving on a pinball machine is distracting? Ive heard alot of complaints but that one might be the greatest.

Dude you clearly haven't owned as many pinball machines as he has, or you'd understand!!!!

Stop shilling for active, distracting flippers!

SHILL! SHILL!

#3153 8 months ago

Yeah, Stern pays me to point out that flippers usually move.

Who pays you to say complain about flippers moving? What's the motivation? Is Vpin or some other anti-physical flipper outfit cutting you checks?!

IT'S A SHILL!!!

#3155 8 months ago

Well at least we know what Ballykiss has been doing those masks he's been refusing to wear! They make a hot pair of skivvies!

#3162 8 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I just read this post in Alec Baldwins voice...

“You are a rude, thoughtless little pig! You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being. … I don’t give a damn that you’re 46 years old, or 45 years old, or that you’re a noob, or that your flippers are a thoughtless pain in the ass that don't care about distracting experienced pinball players!!!! … Once again I have made an ass of myself trying to defend moving flippers. You have humiliated me for the last time with this shill accusation!!!”

#3171 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

IS CRAZILEVI A SHILL OR NOT!!!

It always cracks me up when people think I'm angling for a job at Stern.

I'm dying to take a pay cut and lose my 7 weeks paid vacation just so I can move to a city I don't particularly like and come to hate everything about my favorite hobby. Sign me up!!!!

#3175 8 months ago

I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to be Shilling for.

Flippers that move?

Last I checked stern doesn’t have a monopoly on that.

#3596 8 months ago

Game looks fun to me.

I INSIST YOU ALL BUY ONE!!!

#3599 8 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Agree, But its a hit and miss as to when and if he will complete the code!
Look at GB - 3 years and that was only because of pressure from owners at every stern public event
Now Munsters - Lazy copy and paste level 2 and 3. Nothing great here
Come on!

I think Dwight's rules can be pretty cool, my main issue is it's like Hale and Hearty where I'm paying for all the soups I DON'T eat.

He makes these crazy "Deep" multi-path rulesets but most people just play the same "house" all the time. I just don't know if it's really necessary.

#3653 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So....we thinking this is about to be the most watched Deadflip steam ever? Has anything had this much set up and excitement before?

Yes, the last one. And the next one!

#3657 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Interesting. I would have guessed 2-3x normal. It'll be the first one I actually want to watch live and I'm wondering what the impact of people like me who are new to the hobby but in or interested in this game will have.

We'll forgive your unbridled enthusiasm as you are noob, but don't let it happen again!

#3678 8 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I predict he will break dance in the gameplay reveal.
I just want to play the stupid thing, gameplay reveal will be a passing fancy where I bear no conclusions.

It will move
It will rotate
The flippers won't move
Cara Dune will appear out of nowhere via trap door

All prayers will be answered!

#3773 8 months ago

Just like to point out that I think the proper nomenclature is "habitrail."

A wireform has to do with 3D animation!

Carry on...

#3778 8 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Unless it's on LOTR, then it's a "hobbitrail"...

BOOOOOOO!

#3787 8 months ago
Quoted from dinot:

Uhhh...where's Grogu's other hand? Now that I've installed that disturbing image in your minds.....You're Welcome.

Stern is way too cheap to install a masturbating baby Yoda.

Modders are you listening?!?!

#3831 8 months ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Fucking A I assumed it was eastern time

Ha I noticed things had suddenly gotten quiet over the past 20 minutes figured dozens of people were getting ready for the 6pm Eastern stream

#3865 8 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...the music's great!

Ha getting your revenge on everybody who thinks Zep sucks?

Looks like a lot of fun to me. I order you to all buy one now!!!! Sound / screen stuff is amazing, fast flow play like you’d expect from an Eddy game.

Someone said upper PF would be reminiscent of banzai and they were on the money. Super heavy ball. I remember people saying it would be too easy they were not correct. It looks like it’ll have a quick learning curve though jack put together a nice run up there at the end of the game.

The stop and go nature of the upper Pf May get a little annoying we’ll see.

Look forward to playing it, I’m sure Jackbar in Brooklyn will have one soon.

#3880 8 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Um...no. I said the music's great.
I'm looking forward to playing it, too...I'm a huge Eddy fan. The theme does nothing for me though because I'm an original trilogy kind of Star Wars guy.

Sorry beeze that read as "well...everything sucks but the music!" comment to me. The music and sound does seem fantastic, hope you guys who are familiar with the assets (I haven't seen an episode) are getting what they want.

#3885 8 months ago

Kudos to Eddy dropping an F bomb early on in the stream.

I like my Twitch with as much profanity as possible!

#3955 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I want some of whatever it is you are smoking...

Hey I’m not an expert on this stuff but what do you call the opposite of “a shill?”

#3959 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I think the term you are looking for is "heckler"...

BB3BCC9D-F12D-4E4C-9FE9-7F3D217835CC.gif
#3961 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ghostbusters for sure, stranger things has multiple too. Prob more.

I think he meant original speech. Those games have old clips in addition to the B-list guys they hired for custom calls.

#3967 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Initial thoughts after watching the stream:
Great job with the video use in the game. Great clips
Music sounds very good too
Call outs are weak with only 1 person. They also don’t sound natural
Nice layout, looks packed but flows well.
Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Upper PF looks like it plays like I thought - which is terrible and gimmicky. Two large flippers is over the top.
Pro is no doubt the way to go.

I’m not so sure about that...you think the upper PF is too easy with the big flippers? As soon as it increases pitch most players had a couple seconds up there.

The normal pitch playfield with one flipper May turn out to have longer ball times.

It’s a novelty for sure but if you like banzai run’s upper playfield you’ll probably like this, similar style. I think it looks like fun.

The pro I expect will play more like the third flipper area on games like Sorcerer.

#4302 8 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority there. I don't want to know every detail about a game. I just want to see an overview and get an idea. If someone tells me every little trick etc, it spoils the adventure and gives me little reason to buy it.

Couldn’t agree more.

I just got End of the Line for the first time, had never watched a video or anything....was a sick reveal for me 7 years in the making

3B59652F-49E1-4364-BE1E-4A7B7132548B (resized).jpeg
#4397 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Please entertain me with a topic related to Stern's Mandalorian pinball machine...
Is anyone concerned with the ball dribbling off the right wireform? It seems to be from where the up/down scoop's wireform meets the one coming from the right. Hope that is getting sorted in production.

Not particularly. I’ve had Addams games and others that do that while the game is freshly shopped / lightning fast. Wouldn’t worry about it game will settle in, if not just start bending things savagely with pliers you’ll fix it eventually. It’s pinball !!!

#4553 7 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I wish they had gone with a similar holographic approach to Dialed In or Ghostbusters, maybe with a Grogu hologram in the same position that controls the ball in the middle of the playfield. I think with these big properties, there just isn't much budget left for the mechs in the game.

Mo’ screens mo’ problems.

Lost count of dialed ins and ghostbusters with non working “hologram” screens.

#4554 7 months ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Where is the DeadFlip live stream? Why the delays? Anyone know?

Anyone know why the dead live stream that happened a week ago is delayed?

Not me.

#4664 7 months ago

That’s 7pm eastern for you tune zone illiterate types!

#4675 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this a selfie from your big weekend out Jacksalot?

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please, we all love novelty dildos and leather! Let's focus on our common ground here and put aside such unpleasantries!

At least until 7pm Eastern!

#4814 7 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think he's talking about the build style and not specifically the LE. Besides, even if he WAS talking about the LE, there will be more than a few for sale here soon. There are guys here who habitually open the box, play about 100 games, and sell it three weeks later. I don't really get that, but to each his own.

Right...I feel like we've already reached that inevitable "post FOMO" era on this game, the same thing that happens virtually every time. By the time of the "pro" stream there's significantly less craziness and rabid response as people are already lusting after the next game and last week's hotness starts to fade into memory.

Yes, this point is almost always reached before anybody has even unboxed a pro and we appear to be reaching that point now. LEs will be gettable in the coming 6 months or so for anybody who wants one. And in a year we may be where they start going for dumb money again, like Stranger THings which is mind-boggling considering how much everybody hated that game when it came out.

#4837 7 months ago
Quoted from bajm:

My son grabbed this at the lego store today. We are awaiting our pro...
[quoted image]

DOES IT MOVE

#4858 7 months ago

Ha!

"So yeah, I tell 'em what they want to hear! I sez, Gary Stern said, this, Gary Stern said that...but it was all lies!"

#4939 7 months ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Wow! Where in the park was/is that?

I believe a enthusiast made a pretty close copy of that Disney IJ at home.

1 week later
#5248 7 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Have you called Stern to ask, or are you just doing more Stern bashing?

To be fair multiballmaniac is an equal opportunity basher. He hates ALL pinball companies right now says they ruined his life.

Somebody needs to start a telethon for the guy. For only pennies a day you can help us cheer up multiball!

#5282 7 months ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Why would you bash baby yoda?

Pinball fans always claim they want “innovation,”and then they always whine when three of the most played out gimmicks in pinball history - bash toys, upper/lower playfields, and magnets - aren’t included to their satisfaction. Even when they’d make zero sense.

#5444 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Default code..
EB lights after starting one mission
EB is also available as an award from the child rollovers
EB is available at the foundry
And got to be several more... the game gives out EBs like candy on default settings.

Zep also.

I think this is just gonna be standard on these games, it’s to appease home buyers. The better home buyers - many of whom aren’t much scratch at playing pinball - “play,” they happier they’ll be.

It’s why code updates always inflate the scoring.

If it bugs you just turn the EBs to Max 1 or 0, like I did on my zep.

#5464 7 months ago

Six months from now:

“Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!”

#5467 7 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

As much as the “experts” hate on how companies do releases… can’t deny this game is getting dropped into nearly every location and fast. They are crushing it in terms of getting it to the field.

Seems like every single location on my Facebook feed got a mando this week.

#5473 7 months ago
Quoted from SNES:

Yeah I got quoted the October run to get a pro. And they were “selling out quickly” but that was probably just a sales technique to get me to throw down the cash. I thought that was crazy for sure so I will be looking for a used one instead

Almost-NIB games will be shaking loose much quicker than October, you can be sure. As soon as the Premiums start showing up you'll likely have a bunch of dealers with pro trade-ins ready to sell.

#5508 7 months ago

I'm still a little confused.

Is this the way, or isn't it?

#5521 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What games, other than music pins, have done justice to the theme in the history of pinball? Certainly no 90s game

BSD, T2, NBA, TAF, TZ, Creature...so I guess most of them?

#5551 7 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Exactly. Ugh. I don’t think I would risk getting one shipped right now.

I think he was kidding dude.

You gotta lighten up man!

#5559 7 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

I think there will be a number of used games on the market before long. .

"Why are there so many Mandos for sale?!?!?!?!??!"

"I'm noticing alot of Mando for sale!"

"Sure seems like lots of Mandos in market!!"

#5567 7 months ago
Quoted from GoodOmens:

Playing with a headlamp should be a given

Yer gonna need some leather, fingerless gloves as well.

1 week later
#5872 6 months ago

It’s really too bad they can’t put games on test for a month like they used to and get real field results and make fixes before games went to production.

They’d be podcasted out of existence today.

#5882 6 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, that would be the dream job for lots of us, play-testing all day pins, pushing them to the limit...
does i have to understand that this is no more the case ?

Games used to sit in a dive bar for a month or so in Chicago to see how they earned/held up. Obviously they can't do that any more with 500 amateur Kanedas running around with cameras and youtube channels. This practice ended in the early 2000s.

#5907 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So is stern aware and offering a fix for the diverter? And I am leaning towards the pro. Still not sure if the premium is worth the extra money.

It took around 5-6 month for Zep spinner "fix kits" to go out so I think you have to be a little realistic. Takes awhile to identify issues, design a fix, and produce the fix. Doesn't happen overnight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside