(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,558 posts
  • 805 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 430 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 336 votes
    35%

(964 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mando Hot Toy (resized).jpeg
2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg
68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).png
Rush cringe (resized).png
LZ band member art (resized).jpg
Amen Brother! (resized).jpg
mando 3 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (8 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

326 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#167 9 months ago

Just started to watch this show with my wife. Loving it so far. Excited to see what Stern does with it!

#191 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Carl Weathers blah. Get Sedaris to do the voice work.

Is that Nick Nolte? If so, I said the same thing.

#200 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That would be something! Nolte was only halfway comprehensible in the 80s, and the intervening years have not improved the situation.

I mean I’m being 100% serious when I said I wanted Nick Nolte’s character from this show to do the call outs. Haha. Or at least some of them. “I have spoken”

#202 9 months ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

When is the next announcement expected? I haven't seen it here and I wont read through the Next Stern disaster thread.

May

#205 9 months ago

No day yet?
I guess if it is next Tuesday we'll know for sure it is Mando right?

We will know if it’s Mando for sure once they announce the next game.

#208 9 months ago

Chuck, Tuesday is May the 4. You know, May the Fourth Be with You Day. Obviously the day they would announce a Star Wars theme.

Black knight. If they announce the next game on May the 4th, that’s when we will know what the next game is.

#215 9 months ago

Thanks Captain Obvious, I was just making a joke. Lighten up man.

Me too. Please try to enjoy life. Haha

#305 9 months ago

Just finished season 2. My wife and I binged both season this past week. Incredible.

The mandalorins and boba fett were always something I wanted more of when watching the movies as a kid. This series did such a good job of giving us that and a whole lot more. Even the minor characters on this show were great.

Can’t wait for season three and future spin offs.

#448 8 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

What's the rumor roundup? Designer, artist, etc?

Eddy and Eddy for design and code (heard it here first) the guy that did SW comic edition art.

#479 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey so for those of us who haven't seen the show...
Is it actually THE Baby Yoda? Or just *A* baby Yoda?

He is not yoda. It takes place after return of the Jedi. Just the same species.

#481 8 months ago
Quoted from bsw402:

Seeing a few posts about getting on a list already, do shops really honor and start lists before a release date?

Yes. It’s not for a specific title just lists for the next game.

#530 8 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

He does code also? Thought he was just a designer.

Yes. See stranger things (1 of 3 on the code team) and shadow.

#532 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think only people who can answer really really tough Star Wars universe questions should get first dibs for LE or signature edition.
How many crew members does a Star Destroyer need?

37,000. What does Jabba the Hut say immediately after the pod race in Episode 1?

#537 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Shit everyone is going to get an LE!
"Ha! Mongo/Bargon wan chee kospah ooh.? "

Nothing. He was asleep.

#561 8 months ago
Quoted from WizardMod:

Is it Ritchie's turn for this one?

He did the last game. Led Zeppelin

#587 8 months ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

In Episode 4, where was the hidden rebel base?

Yavin 4

#590 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

What is Luke’s aunts name ?

Buru

#688 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Which Mando are you referring to? Mandalore Mando off the TV or Mandlebaum from a few pages ago?

Oberyn Martell

#699 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are there Stern LE’s from the past few years that have held their value? I haven’t looked in a while but it used to be you could generally pick them up at or below retail six months or a year after they were released.

Stranger things LE has sold for 11-12k a few times in the past week.

All depends on when you sell. Next year they could be half that.

#702 8 months ago

I’m a tournament player and I love this stuff. Bring it on. Don’t like it in EVERY game, but works for themes with lots of characters and I think Mando would be perfect for it. But that’s really a Dwight thing. Not sure Eddy will go that route. We shall see.

#730 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Let’s get off the LE debate and back to speculation on the game !!
While I enjoy character selection as was suggested .. feel you clearly have to play the role of Din in this game no ?

Yeah you probably do. Maybe you can add people to your group by completing tasks like team up from Deadpool and it will help you in your missions?

#746 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you want an LE there are 2 choices. Buy sight unseen at MSRP or pay scalper prices buying from re-sellers. Don't like the idea? Don't buy it and wait for a Premium.

There’s a third choice. Play the pro first and get some sense of how the game is before you commit to an LE. That’s what I did. You’re not going in blind.

#752 8 months ago

I’m lucky. I was late to the Mando party, someone spoiled the end of season 2, and I forgot about it by the time I watched it. Haha

#758 8 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I have to watch season 2 yet. We got caught up in Kobra Khai so making a point to watch Mando next. We will probably start it all over because it’s been a bit

Is cobra Kai good?

#771 8 months ago

Sweet. Stern army members get to sit in on the distro webinar on Tuesday for the reveal.

It’s Tuesday 5:00pm eastern. Can’t wait!

#784 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Im just curious how much distro's are going to try and sell the LE for. You know it's only going for MSRP to certain folks.

I would say a lot of them are selling to customers for less than MSRP. Has always been that way. Pricing only usually goes up when a distro is down to their last couple.

#788 8 months ago

Upper flipper with multiple satisfying shots off of it like Shadow please!!

#798 8 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pretty sure Lonnie did Star Trek, no?

And Dwight.

#799 8 months ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No, you pay like $35 and click on the link to join right on Sterns web page.
Nice guess though. Lol

Wow. Imagine being this smug when you’re 100% wrong.

#802 8 months ago

And GOT is an effing masterpiece.

#819 8 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

Saw this puzzle at target. Do you think this would be a good art style for the pin?
[quoted image]

Looks like the guy that’s doing the art on this. I like it.

#860 8 months ago

I agree. If you and distros can sell 1000 tomorrow, why not sell that many? Takes the money from scalpers and gives it to the people doing the work.

#862 8 months ago

I think the Razor Crest is more of a must, but would love to see both.

#868 8 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, we know who is the coder or not yet?

No.

#874 8 months ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I thought it was Lonnie?

That’s the rumor.

#882 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

People will bail on the Les If there is 1000 of them, a lot of the LE buyers are speculators. Like I said and I know demand is up, but every time they up the numbers they sit, there is a sweet spot where it seems limited enough that people snatch them up. You get rid of the FOMO people will wait to see the game.

Yeah but what’s the number? Some may think it’s 500, I think it’s 1000

#1030 8 months ago

MAN DO. MAN DO. MANALORIAN.

BRING IT

9C6F508C-6870-4841-92BE-3AE32ADBF289 (resized).jpeg
#1096 8 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

No shitty leaked pictures by now?

The meeting where those photos are shown is Tuesday.

#1193 8 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Brian Eddy is a design master, I highly doubt he will choose to incorporate a mini pf or ball, ever. Imo mini playfields are a waste of space and waste a big chunck of the BoM.

Yeah I mean he has never, ever, not even once, done an upper playfield.

#1243 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is the Stern Army meeting and the Distributor call the same meeting? Starting to think they have a separate meeting for Stern Army.

It’s my understanding there are multiple meetings. One in the morning and one that stern army can watch tomorrow night. So most likely after the official release.

#1249 8 months ago
Quoted from WizardMod:

So when do they show the machine?

Tomorrow.

#1304 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I don't ever leak stuff, but I feel like the people who are super excited about the game might get disappointed if they thought maybe the music wasn't in there, so I thought that was important enough to share.

Be prepared to keep telling people this for the next couple weeks. Haha

#1308 8 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, we desperately need pics! Kinda expected the series music would be on that pinball..!

All the music from the series is in the game.

#1456 8 months ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

They're supposed to be $9200 they're purposefully pocketing extra money due to demand. I feel like this shouldn't be allowed and Stern should cut their allotment.

But I can buy one and sell it the next day for whatever I want. Why can’t dealers?

#1459 8 months ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Hard to tell but I am not seeing the side lights like LZ.

Why would you?

#1466 8 months ago

I want the distributors to make as much money as they can. Same for stern. Might price me out, no big deal.

#1470 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That would be like Best Buy selling a PS5 for $800 at Christmas. This isn’t StockX.

Not the same at all. There aren’t different versions of PS5 that you can get that aren’t marked up like crazy.

#1479 8 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It is the same because scalpers are making the money flipping them. Why shouldn’t Best Buy be making the money?

Because they legally can’t. They have to sell those for exactly what they paid for them. That’s the contract they signed.

These pinball distros can sell games for whatever they want.

Again. Not the same at all.

#1482 8 months ago
Quoted from tyson171:

If the pictures are real, reminds me of funhouse for some reason. What time is the trailer/reveal supposed to be tomorrow?

At the absolute latest 5pm eastern. But word is some time earlier in the day.

#1487 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You sure about that? Stern is ok with distros jacking the prices to the moon as they see fit? Not a great experience on the buying side when you have no idea what something may cost despite Stern putting a price on a game.

It’s happening on one game, and the LEs only. I have zero clue what the contracts with stern say, but Distros going over MSRP is nothing new.

And you’ll know exactly what something will cost once you ask the distro.

#1725 8 months ago

“The show really lends itself to some good story-based game mechanics. As Mando grows as a bounty hunter, he acquires more weapons and equipment. In our game, you are Mando. You start the game with a flamethrower that can catch shots on fire. As you play, you will be able to acquire more equipment to help you on your journey. In this pinball adventure, players will be able to use the Razor Crest to enable different multiballs, start different missions, bounty hunts, and ambushes to collect beskar to trade at the Foundry, and start several different encounters in the upper playfield battleground area. Grogu is able to assist you by activating different features and, if you’re a true pinball wizard, you can work your way to the ultimate wizard mode: This is the Way.”

#1751 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I highly doubt you will be disappointed with he light shows when you play this game. Dwight makes amazing light shows.

I’m sure the shaker will be nuts too.

#1835 8 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

what is under the MINI PF in both Pre and LE?

wires and flipper mechs.

#1999 8 months ago

Can someone confirm there are 4 ramps which one with a diverter?

There are two main ramps. The left one has a diverter.

The right one always goes to right flipper.

On the premium there’s a third turn around ramp that feeds a wireform that goes to the left flipper for repeated shots during ambush modes.

#2011 8 months ago

There is a center ramp that gets around grogu, the ball falls in left orbit, correct or am i wrong?

wrong.

#2013 8 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

You may be right, but it looks like 4 to me.
The one on the far left. The one in back near baby Yoda. The half pipe ramp, and then the shot right beside it looks like a ramp.

Far left is just an orbit.

#2037 8 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

chuckwurt
You may be right, but this looks like 4.
[quoted image]

I have no idea why there’s a ramp flap there, but I believe that just feeds the top lanes/magnet.

#2054 8 months ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I agree on where it feeds, but i think it loops over the orbit back there to allow full orbit shots from the far right and left orbits. So maybe it's an inner orbit/ramp...should give some nice speed coming back down when not grabbed bu the magnet

I see now. You’re right. It is a tiny ramp that goes around Grogu and comes out the front of the left orbit. Good eye.

#2059 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If it was a physical lock, they'd advertise it as such.

The center ramp through the razor crest target will stage the ball for multiball. Seems to be just at the start of it maybe.

#2061 8 months ago

like on WH2O if i’m not wrong

Yeah seems like that. A quick little baby orbit ramp if you will. Cool shot.

#2218 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

As popularized by Gottlieb in the mid 80s:
Spring Break
Hollywood Heat
Rock/Encore
and others...

We need more of this stuff. Mini loops, kicking targets, diverters. Let’s get nuts!

#2288 8 months ago

Stern hasn’t don’t full RGB since GOT have they?

#2291 8 months ago

I like that they went with warm white LEDs too. Fits the theme better.

#2303 8 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Black Knight was full RGB, even in the pro.

Ah yes. That was intense too. Haha

#2308 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

No it's not, not even close. Most inserts are mono.

Yeah looks like the lightning bolts only. But it sure does simulate the craziness of full rgb.

#2320 8 months ago

Yeah hot wheels is for sure. Very hard to see anything in that game.

#2366 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I do think because the modes/missions are not named on the PF inserts but just given numbers that it would be possible to have more than 5 and even possible to add some at a later date (like R&M which has added like 4-5 new modes since it was launched).

5 missions, 3 encounters, 3 multiballs, 3 wizard modes, 3 ambush themes, 3 hunter themes, 3 scope themes. All using scenes from the shows.

#2370 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Props to the first tournament that enforces that mode during competition

I ain’t scurred. Maybe we will have one at Pincinnati.

#2391 8 months ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

and a spinning hat

The hat doesn’t spin.

#2507 8 months ago

But that would’ve been exactly like Groot, hence more bitching and same ole stern.

#2512 8 months ago

Plus it’s used for the encounter modes. Those have nothing to do with Slave 1. I do love that ship though. So weird looking, and those bombs it drops are so awesome.

This would be a cool effect for another game:

Balls load into the slave 1. At the start of MB, they drop out one by one and are caught by a magnet. When the bomb explodes with that awesome sound, the magnet throws the ball around simulating the explosion. Do that for each ball that comes out. One by one.

#2516 8 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Vs. just sticking a doll there that does nothing? Not sure if more bitching over no Cara Dune or just a doll in the corner. /Fry Face

Really doesn’t matter what they chose. The bitching would still occur. It’s never going to be what everyone wanted. I’m not a super fan at all, but I do like this show and Star Wars a lot. I think the game looks great.

#2546 8 months ago

I believe it’s automatic during ambushes.

#2564 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

Also anyone know what it costs to request a LE # ? Pinged my distro but I guess he is slammed , before I keep bug him let me see if it’s worth it .

50-100 depending on the number.

#2580 8 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thanks but those are not the podcast(droids) im looking for, lol. I guess i have to be a Stern insider member to hear the podcast that Mando was referring to.

Those podcasts are free 72 hours after they originally air. Just set up a free account with them and check back in a couple days.

#2621 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

chuckwurt
thanks! Sadly another price increase, $150! I dunno if I can pull the trigger on that one

I don’t blame you. I wanted #11 for stranger things but it was taken. Kind of glad I didn’t have the opportunity. Haha. Saved me from myself.

#2658 8 months ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

Will they be available from stern when available?

Yes.

#2661 8 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Just speculating about Encounters. What if they were not limited to JUST upper playfield shots? It would be cool if you had to hit all targets, then drain to the main pf for a few shots, then back to the upper to finish, or something like that. I'm thinking along the lines of Stranger Things Demogorgan modes. Yes, they are focused on the center toy, but some of the modes incorporate other shots in between. Five Demogorgan modes, and they all feel different, even though they are all based around a single shot. So hopefully all three Encounters will have a feel of their own, and maybe even incorporate different shots. That could add a lot of depth and mitigate the concerns that it's just a few stand-up targets on that upper. Just thinking out loud...

Also use that for things other than encounters. Like you have to hit the ball up there and hit the roving target for a super jackpot , like Kahn MB in shadow.

#2663 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

LEs are a different beast, people are getting weird and paying 5K extra for bling, not my thing at all.

As long as you get an LE of a game no one cares about its cool. . Played a pro for a couple weeks, decided I liked the bones, went LE.

#2669 8 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

You got in before the silliness.. cheapest SthLE is 11K right now.

Don’t remind me.

Must resist!

#2684 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Are there 3 ramps on pro?
Trying to see where all the shots are, think I read there are 7 main shots.

Correct on all counts. 7 main shots not counting the far right and left standups.

#2690 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Two ramps are obviously visible, I think I see the third deep up the middle, where does that feed?

Through that razor crest target and around the back of Grogu. It exits out the front of the left orbit. If you zoom in on that area you can see where the ramp ends.

Think WH20.

#2691 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So it really isn’t a ramp if it feeds the orbit I guess, does it change elevation? I saw the ramp flap figured maybe it was diverted somewhere.

It elevates. It has to. To allow for full orbit shots.

#2693 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The ambush shot on the right appears to be a fast horseshoe type shot, am I seeing this correctly as well?

Yep. Like the marvel spinner on AIQ

#2696 8 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Haven’t had the chance to play that one yet.

It’s not like the SW horseshoe. It’s a 3/4 horseshoe that throws the ball down the right orbit.

#2810 8 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I just heard that Stern is running the LE's first this time. Have they ever run LE's before Pro's?

Not true. Pros will be done first this month. Then LEs early June. Then Prems late June.

#2815 8 months ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I saw this too in an e-mail from a distributor but all others I have talked to said Pros are first as usual.

Stern army webinar with Gary Stern said May pros, June for LEs and then Prems.

This was the same webinar that was shown to the distros. My guess is some we’re not paying attention.

#2829 8 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I was told July/August for my premium and Im at the top of the list for premiums Im told. Maybe distributor just wanted to be conservative. But I do need to sell a game to make room so hope I can get advanced notice of when its ready.

Late June for Prems per stern. That can easy be early August based on prior schedules.

#2831 8 months ago

Whomever gets these games first, go immediately into the feature adjustments and look for anything related to the Grogu figure. Could be an indication of a feature add on like the UV kit.

#2851 8 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Has anyone posted a shot map? Which shot goes to Grogu?

Orbits. There’s a post back there that will come up to feed the ball to the lanes.

#2863 8 months ago

GBs were gone ASAP too.

#2877 8 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Just watched Todd Tuckey's Mandalorian reaction video, and he's also saying the LE's are before the Pro's. Where can you actually look it up?

Stern told us directly. Gary Stern. Pros have to go out first to get them on location for launch parties that start in early June. This was webinar for stern army people. It’s not publicly accessible.

#2881 8 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Thanks for the info.
So Todd is old and doesn't realize what he's saying at 3 min on his new video?

I don’t know where he got his information. I got mine from Gary Stern and Roper at stern less than 48 hours ago.

Also keep in mind LEs never go out first. Pros always do.

#2883 8 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Yeah, I know that's the usual plan. But why do I keep hearing from multiple sources that LE's are first?

Zero clue. My guess is they are either confused, or were provided incorrect information. For me, I’ll go with what stern says.

Also possible that the first run pros are mainly for locations. Some make it into homes as well. Then LEs. Maybe that is why Todd and others don’t mention pros as first as it’s pretty impossible to get the first pros.

#2898 8 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did not look at the video yet. What happens to a ball that gets ambushed? (Meaning the scoop is up and ball goes through..)

Loops underneath the right ramp and comes down the right orbit guide.

#2917 8 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just curious what people’s thoughts are that all 7 “shots” are only 1/2 way up the playfield nothing deep ?

Hopefully it leads to short ball times. Stranger things has medium length shots, and it can be brutal.

#2925 8 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Shaker, hd glass, translite needs to be mirrored.
That’s about it for an LE

Inner art blades are exclusive to the LE too.

#2930 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Better speakers also?
Look we've been through this before as people try to add up the $ on add ons in their heads to prove that the LE isn't "worth" the upgrade from premium. That's not really the point, it's not supposed to "add up" as the point is that Stern wants more money.
You are paying for that invisible "trophy value" on an LE, and it's clearly worth it to folks cause these keep selling.

Yeah it’s stupid to do that. Just buy which one you want. Ignore the price tag. I really wanted an LE so I got one for a previous game. I got it because it was the package I liked the best. Nothing to do with “value”

#2931 8 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Guys, they've released their hype videos that show plenty of gameplay and even the magnet being activated. Grogu is a static figure.
[quoted image]
Now, for the love of God, can someone please tell me who's on code?

Where was the UV lighting in the stranger things promo? There is hope!!

#2940 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Something really fishy here guys... Watch this video from 49 seconds and slow down playback to 0.25:

It shows the magnet activation when Grogu uses the force - and his coat definitely moves!! It could have been hit by the ball but I don't think so.
This could be proof that he moves, or that he moved at some point!

In the premium features only video it shows the magnets going and Grogu remaining static.

#2966 8 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

Surprises. They like surprises.

Quoted from rvdv:

Yes , for the original Msrp price on LE
But now the scalpers , flippers , predators or what ever you want to call them
Ask $4000 to take my spot
Or $14999 , $15k , $16k or OBO
Then you should really start thinking about a group Buy on redoing Premiums
with new art work :cabinets and whatever else is exclusive to LE , you can buy so much
I bet for $2500 you can get a lot going
So $7600 + $2500 = win , win

Or just don’t buy a LE for 15k and none will ever cost that.

#2978 8 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As an add on I could see, I was referring to it actually being animated in the pin when you buy it. The idea of keeping it a secret would just go against the whole point of marketing.

If it every has the ability to move, I fully expect an add on.

#2983 8 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Pro buyers like me would be screwed without the magnet being on the playfield.

Why would you be screwed? Just buy the one you want. If you want the magnet and possibly moving Grogu, get the premium.

#2986 8 months ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

PismoArcade i don’t think so. A magnet is very minor vs a moving upper playfield. But I actually think the pro is going to be a solid game. I route pins so I’m gonna get me one. Maybe even two...

If I had a route, they would be in every location. These things are gonna print money. Put these next to stranger things and rake it in.

#3001 8 months ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I find this “moving Grogu” speculation hilarious. IDK how you can watch the all promo videos, read the feature matrix & somehow believe it’s animated. It’s hard plastic!

It’s fun to speculate while we wait for gameplay. Stranger Things said zip about UV anywhere. But it was always there.

#3062 8 months ago

Yes. Please let the LEs get as high as they want, but for my wallets sake, please keep the premiums and pros much lower. Haha

#3068 8 months ago

If the upper pf flipper can be locked up with software, why can't the same software disable them until you start a mode the mini pf? the modes start only when the balls are diverted so there is an opto or something up there to trigger this.

I don’t want it to be disabled all the time as I want to be able to involve that area during certain modes and multiballs.

If that is not going to happen, then yes it’s possible to code it to be off until you’re up there. Just have to hold the ball in the diverter long enough to get it turned on before dropping in.

#3071 8 months ago

the mini Pf is used only in certain modes and it is only used then, according to the interview. There are 3 missions or whatever they are called, and that is what is the PF is used for. nothing else.

Well I hope that changes to at least use it for some super jackpot opportunities in certain multiballs a la the shadow.

#3076 8 months ago

Anyway... I would like them to be disabled, we can do it now... this is not the 90s anymore.

Upper or lower playfields have been disabled before now and well before the 90s.

I promise you, if they are left live at all times, there’s a good reason for it.

#3085 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

My first thought on the upper pf was that lightning flippers would look less clumsy. Also increase the challenge.

Mini flippers. Lightning flippers are barely smaller.

#3089 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I think "barely smaller" is what you want. Seems like mini-flippers would be brutal up there. But who knows! Proof is in the playing I guess.

Yep. As long as all the shots can be made, I say go for it. But with all the tilting the playfield does (assuming mid mode sometimes), I bet stock will be harder than it appears.

#3090 8 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.
Code updates: Do we still use the stick or is does it have built in wi fi?

Built in wifi has not been released yet.

#3092 8 months ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks.
I was hoping Stern was going to introduce it with Mando.

I was hoping stranger things was it. Haha

#3105 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The mini pf is facing you like a screen

It literally never does unless you’re actively playing it. And even then, it’s not always oriented like that.

#3106 8 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Has there been more info on the co-op code? Curious if it's like TMNT with regular co-op plus 2 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 1 modes.

I hope it has rule changes like TMNT. That was a great idea. Maybe since everyone is Mando, stuff purchased from the foundry is shared amongst all players?

#3109 8 months ago

Okay great! Makes it a whole different game with friends instead of simply sharing progress and score.

#3115 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I thought it was the opposite. Facing you all the time, lowers a bit for play?

I guess it’s possible, but it lays parallel to the main playfield so when the ball drops in there it can receive it. Then it moves during the mode and returns to normal once the ball leaves. I don’t think the ball can enter the playfield when it’s perpendicular to the main playfield.

Just checked the video. You’re right. Side upright, lowers to receive the ball, then moves around once the ball is in play my bad.

Still is a non issue. Haha

#3129 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Actually it is an issue, it's distracting

Get the pro then.

A pinball machine is full of distractions. Multiple balls may sometimes be on this playfield at once. Just an FYI.

#3137 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

Good banter!
My Dad can fight your Dad!!

But which Dad will win?

#3139 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, the one that says this is a public pinball forum, you should be speak your mind before shills try to shut you down.

Hope that wasn’t meant for me. I was simply stating I don’t see how any one thing in a game (especially one you haven’t played), can be any more distracting than any number of things that are typically in a game.

#3313 8 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Without Lyman involved, you can’t call any team a dream team.

Huh? Why can’t you? For instance, mine is Ritchie/Dwight.

#3367 8 months ago

Just listened to that podcast. Great listen. Excited that the upper playfield is used for other modes other than encounters. Loved the stuff he was talking about especially how they will set it up for multiball on the upper playfield.

#3424 8 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

m all up for Dwight doing the game more along the lines of GOT/SW, but give me an example about what you mean with “breadth”.

On the surface, all you need to do to get to iron throne is to complete 7 modes. That’s not that deep. However, depending on the house you pick and how you choose to use that house’s powers, that path can be very different. Breadth comes from all the different paths you can take, and side modes you can go down (WIC and WHC/Wall MB/Hand of the King/castle MB). So you can go sideways along the path instead of a straight line the whole time.

Mando seems to have some of that same breadth with collecting beskar and buying abilities and weapons and armor, etc. Side missions like hunter, scope, and ambush are things to help mix things up and or maximize score along the way to the final wizard mode.

#3464 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No scary? He led a drug empire out of a laundromat all while making chicken. Scary!!

The moment he was shown on Mando, I was terrified.

#3526 8 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

The best use of that magnet would have been in the outlane or center drain ala Black knight or ACNC save.

You’re nuts. Shadow lock for sure.

Also the kraken on Legends of Valhalla is a very foot magnet too.

#3527 8 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Even better, make it Rick & Morty style.

Um that’s jungle lord style thank you very much.

#3530 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What does it do on LOV? Short video clip?

Grabs the balls for MB and throws them around. During play I’ve seen it grab the ball and throw it through like 4-5 different shots on the playfield.

#3534 8 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Sincere post regarding the LE backglass. What precautions are made in shipping or receiving at home so it doe not break? If it does break, does Stern have replacements? Is there a translite shipped with the backglass as well? Thanks!

There is no spare translite sent. The backglass is in the backbox when packed. That’s the safest way to ship.

If it breaks, stern will replace, but you have to mail them the shatter glass as proof first.

#3619 8 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A modder will have to make them, highly doubt you’ll be able to get them from Stern. I agree the plastic return ramps are rough. I can see them getting really clouds really quick on location.

You can order the ramps as replacements through a distro, but you may have to prove you own a premium/LE

#3624 8 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The order would be connected to your serial number, Stern won’t send a prem part for a pro game and they also wouldn’t believe your wireforms are broken / in need of replacement

I’ve ordered them before through my distro. I bought them no questions asked in my case. They were actually broken, but I wasn’t asked to provide proof.

Actually, now that think of it, I had to give the broken ramps back. So yeah, unlikely you’ll be able to just buy the wireforms from stern.

#3654 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So....we thinking this is about to be the most watched Deadflip steam ever? Has anything had this much set up and excitement before?

Unless it’s on the front page of twitch, it will have the 300-500 viewers it typically has.

#3660 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Interesting. I would have guessed 2-3x normal. It'll be the first one I actually want to watch live and I'm wondering what the impact of people like me who are new to the hobby but in or interested in this game will have.

Newbies come to play more and more everyday, but only a small percentage of those actually get on pinside every day or watch reveal streams.

#3661 8 months ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Or it could just be the pricing on the LEs pre-release which makes it feel like additional hype.

Hype always seems greater for games you really really get excited for too.

After the stream the hype will almost certainly die down a ton, because all the complainers will finally get their wish of another game that disappoints them.

#3663 8 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The delayed stream is definitely the reason.

Great point. Usually the stream is a day or two after the release.

#3671 8 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Plus side is the extra two weeks gives Dwight and co more time to put on some initial polish. Some of these reveal streams of games clearly still in the oven do more harm than good IMO.

Dwights games are usually pretty baked at launch. I’m sure they will make some players stop short of wizard modes so to not spoil them.

#3680 8 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m guessing none of these statements are correct.

Wow. You’re a world class guesser.

#3687 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If it was Bowen, they'd at least triple their viewership.

I love Bowen, but I doubt he would have much of an effect. Pinball is just tiny. And not all pinheads even care about streams.

#3690 8 months ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I’m looking forward to seeing this rule set called “scope” by Dwight.
Quick question....will it be a Pro, LE, or Prem or is it still unbeknownst?

Premium at least.

#3767 8 months ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Looks like the exact same ramp on the pro and premium before you get to the ramp returns with just the inserts into the ramp being different to me but I could be wrong.

Agreed. Looks the exact same.

#3844 8 months ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

1.7k currently lol

That’s gotta be a record if it’s not on the front page!

#3861 8 months ago