(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,489 posts
  • 799 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by OriginalFresh
  • Topic is favorited by 199 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 426 votes
    44%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(961 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GEDC6714 (resized).JPG
GEDC6817 (resized).JPG
GEDC6820 (resized).JPG
12C92E26-53C8-4374-A367-32DF9043F893.gif
22C25D51-C4BF-4E56-93B7-E72F8BADA927 (resized).png
E915B358-12C9-436D-8AF8-8E0C38675E1E (resized).png
C9A560EC-287F-4670-9675-6DECF4EE8A53 (resized).png
giphy.gif
Crane Kick.gif
thumbs up. (resized).jpg
MB (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter Mod 1 (resized).jpg
Tie Fighter mod (resized).jpg
IMG_5623 (resized).jpg
IMG_5624 (resized).jpg
IMG_5622 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 150.
#2801 6 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Can anyone think of a game that has a large plastic crossover? I’m drawing a blank.

Road Kings and Full Throttle (kind of)
3D8CAAD3-724A-4294-8C01-D9C704D9F1DA (resized).jpeg329A8F13-B8ED-472F-B678-62D29C0BF6A5 (resized).jpeg

#2802 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a crap about this? The most expensive stern (Elvira) has plastic ramps. Just about every recent pro has had wire forms. From a cost standpoint I find it hard to believe there is actually a real difference. I thought we were passed believing wire forms were somehow more “premium”... but I guess not. I’m sure there will be a mod for this lol

Left ramp on Elvira is metal with a plastic return. Centre ramp into the house is metal? Not sure on that one

#2803 6 months ago

I just heard that Stern is running the LE's first this time. Have they ever run LE's before Pro's?

#2804 6 months ago

Avengers IQ LE's were run first .

#2805 6 months ago

Looks like you can short plung into Mandos head on the pro.

And seems the center ramp to left orbit has a ball stop coil at the end of the plastic for the mission break.

I'm in on a pro.

#2806 6 months ago

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd. I love the look of the game (minus yoda doll) and the layout feels unique and packed... but when I dissect it every shot is basic and the upper pf might have the fewest “shots” of any upper of I’ve ever seen, It feels like it’s missing that one super satisfying unique shot and is relying on a potentially bad mini pf too much.... seems like code and presentation is going to make or break this game

#2807 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd. I love the look of the game (minus yoda doll) and the layout feels unique and packed... but when I dissect it every shot is basic and the upper pf might have the fewest “shots” of any upper of I’ve ever seen, It feels like it’s missing that one super satisfying unique shot and is relying on a potentially bad mini pf too much....

I think you're wrong on the shots, but we need to see some gameplay.

#2808 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd. I love the look of the game (minus yoda doll) and the layout feels unique and packed... but when I dissect it every shot is basic and the upper pf might have the fewest “shots” of any upper of I’ve ever seen, It feels like it’s missing that one super satisfying unique shot and is relying on a potentially bad mini pf too much....

It certainly isn‘t a turd. It looks absolutely fun to shoot. Only the theme integration is partially questionable.

(Let‘s ballface Mando, yeah! )

#2809 6 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I just heard that Stern is running the LE's first this time. Have they ever run LE's before Pro's?

Guess you heard wrong then.
Pros start on Monday

#2810 6 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Not true. Pros will be done first this month. Then LEs early June. Then Prems late June.

#2811 6 months ago

Woohoo loving everything what i see! Magnet is in the perfect place! Dont whine folks when u dindt see gameplay yet! Dont hate, love the work stern is doing!

#2812 6 months ago

I’m glad people are excited about this title. This pretty much sums up my attitude on the whole Star Wars franchise at this point...

#2813 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I was selling my ACDC Luci around a month ago and was contacted by Brooke of the Pinball Company. Many back and forths to set up shipping and whatnot. I then looked them up and I think on their website they had used ACDC Pros for $10K and non-Luci Prem's for $13K.
When I saw that I immediately stopped replying. I get retailers need to make a profit but a used ACDC Pro for $10K is absurb and they can F right off with that. I didn't want my Luci going to those types of people.
Not surprised they're jacking up LE prices. They seem like the people who would do it most. People should stop buying from them.
[quoted image]

You can buy a South Park from them for $8K.

They will stay on the phone with you though, for as long as it takes for you to accept your buyers remorse and just get the f—k on with your life.

#2814 6 months ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

I saw this too in an e-mail from a distributor but all others I have talked to said Pros are first as usual.

#2815 6 months ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

I saw this too in an e-mail from a distributor but all others I have talked to said Pros are first as usual.

Stern army webinar with Gary Stern said May pros, June for LEs and then Prems.

This was the same webinar that was shown to the distros. My guess is some we’re not paying attention.

#2816 6 months ago

Looks fast and flowy. Nice.

#2817 6 months ago

Jack danger will be doing a live stream of Mandalorian at 6:00 this Friday on twitch

#2818 6 months ago

This Friday the 14th?

#2819 6 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

I made these shooter knobs available if you want to customise your game a little - available in professionally solid filled nylon or metal
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=swinksmando
[quoted image]

I wonder if that polished nickel steel woudl match the LE armour color?

#2820 6 months ago

What a sleazy world the LE collecting game is.

#2822 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd. I love the look of the game (minus yoda doll) and the layout feels unique and packed... but when I dissect it every shot is basic and the upper pf might have the fewest “shots” of any upper of I’ve ever seen, It feels like it’s missing that one super satisfying unique shot and is relying on a potentially bad mini pf too much.... seems like code and presentation is going to make or break this game

Upper playfields that don't have at least a loop, a ball lock, or something that reveals another shot seem worthless in my opinion (at least at these crazy prices). Hitting 6 standup targets from 3" away is going to get old really fast. Also, what the heck does the upper playfield represent? Mando doesn't have lights on the top of his helmet or down the center of it. Just odd and feels like a waste of an area / mech.

#2823 6 months ago

I was told July/August for my premium and Im at the top of the list for premiums Im told. Maybe distributor just wanted to be conservative. But I do need to sell a game to make room so hope I can get advanced notice of when its ready.

#2824 6 months ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

What a sleazy world the LE collecting game is.

Believe it or not, some in that world just love the package, believe Eddy has delivered a ton of fun, and can’t wait to enjoy it.

#2825 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Upper playfields that don't have at least a loop, a ball lock, or something that reveals another shot seem worthless in my opinion (at least at these crazy prices). Hitting 6 standup targets from 3" away is going to get old really fast. Also, what the heck does the upper playfield represent? Mando doesn't have LED's all over his helmet or down the center of it. Just odd and feels like a waste of an area / mech.

AcDc mini PF was way better and with short flippers loops and stand up shots, I can't see how much fun this can be but only wait and see how it plays.

#2826 6 months ago
Quoted from rai:

AcDc mini PF was way better and with short flippers loops and stand up shots, I can't see how much fun this can be but only wait and see how it plays.

Agree, having that loop and being able to hit either mini orbit is fun (just wish it was coded more into the game).

#2827 6 months ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Jack danger will be doing a live stream of Mandalorian at 6:00 this Friday on twitch

I hope there is a nice surprise in there and that baby yoda really moves a bit and tracks the ball.

In all likelyhood, I think Stern is probably going to sell an accessory that makes baby Yoda slightly interactive in the next 3 months or so and spring it on us like they did with the Stranger things UV lighting kit.

#2828 6 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I found the hasbro teardown video for those who are curious to see how the animatronic toy ticks. If you skip to timecode 11:00 you can see the head sensor. If you tap his head 3 times it activates the force pose.

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow trigger the force pose on the hasbro toy with the child magnet on the pin?

Could be attached to a switch !

#2829 6 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I was told July/August for my premium and Im at the top of the list for premiums Im told. Maybe distributor just wanted to be conservative. But I do need to sell a game to make room so hope I can get advanced notice of when its ready.

Late June for Prems per stern. That can easy be early August based on prior schedules.

#2830 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Upper playfields that don't have at least a loop, a ball lock, or something that reveals another shot seem worthless in my opinion (at least at these crazy prices). Hitting 6 standup targets from 3" away is going to get old really fast. Also, what the heck does the upper playfield represent? Mando doesn't have lights on the top of his helmet or down the center of it. Just odd and feels like a waste of an area / mech.

Y’know what would be super swell? If we could stop asking what lights have to do with Mando’s helmet.

#2831 6 months ago

Whomever gets these games first, go immediately into the feature adjustments and look for anything related to the Grogu figure. Could be an indication of a feature add on like the UV kit.

#2832 6 months ago

Does anyone know a distributor who has LEs available? My distributor, who I got on the list with in April, has gone silent and isn't returning my emails and messages. Not sure what's going on. Not interested in those who are flipping the game for 14k-16k.

#2833 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd.

I know this is a crazy idea, but hear me out: play it first.

#2834 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

I know this is a crazy idea, but hear me out: play it first.

cool no one talk about the game until we play it *eye roll*

#2835 6 months ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Avengers IQ LE's were run first .

Nope, very small pro run first. I know because I had one.

#2836 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nope, very small pro run first. I know because I had one.

did you play it first?

#2837 6 months ago

What do the lights have to do with Mando's helmet?

#2838 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

did you play it first?

Nope, but I also didn't "struggle with thinking it's a turd." Sorry if I hurt your fee-fees.

#2839 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

struggling between really wanting this game and thinking it’s a turd.

Eh if I thought that way about a game that I haven't played yet, I would definitely pause.

#2840 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Nope, but I also didn't "struggle with thinking it's a turd." Sorry if I hurt your fee-fees.

sounds like I hit a nerve, keep dishing out the advice though

#2842 6 months ago

Brian Eddy called Gorgu "a "fun integration" and he's a grown man like most of us here. I doubt Mr. Eddy thinks a static doll is fun. Or if he does, that's ok too. Seems to me, Gorgu is more than what it looks like at first glance. Next Friday we will know I guess during the gameplay reveal.

#2843 6 months ago

I wonder if that uplift target under the Razor Crest is there to prevent SDTM drains for balls coming back down that lane. Looks like there may be a horizontal post that keeps the target from swinging toward the player, thus acting like a one-way gate.

#2844 6 months ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Got my first set of toys to mod mine! Mando measuring cups.

[quoted image][quoted image]

Someone did not like my topper idea.

#2845 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Upper playfields that don't have at least a loop, a ball lock, or something that reveals another shot seem worthless in my opinion (at least at these crazy prices). Hitting 6 standup targets from 3" away is going to get old really fast. h

Idk, I love Swords of Fury and this (especially the pro) reminds me of that

#2846 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whomever gets these games first, go immediately into the feature adjustments and look for anything related to the Grogu figure. Could be an indication of a feature add on like the UV kit.

just like when turtles code spoiled the topper release heh

#2847 6 months ago

People cannot complain if Stern jack their prices up on the next release, with the insanity of FOMO driving $16000 price.

750 is not really limited, but who cares when you have money to burn obviously

#2848 6 months ago

its pretty limited as so many of us missed out....depends on the theme and the demand really

#2849 6 months ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You can buy a South Park from them for $8K.
They will stay on the phone with you though, for as long as it takes for you to accept your buyers remorse and just get the f—k on with your life.

Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Does anyone know a distributor who has LEs available? My distributor, who I got on the list with in April, has gone silent and isn't returning my emails and messages. Not sure what's going on. Not interested in those who are flipping the game for 14k-16k.

LE’s are sold out. And to play devils advocate, no one is paying “MSRP” from a distro. By the time you get done paying taxes, shipping, and markup most (not all, like your brothers co-workers aunts pinochle partner) people are out of pocket 12k on an LE to begin with. Everyone looks at $9,199 and thinks, oh that person is marking it up 40-50% immediately.... which just is not the case (in most cases)

#2850 6 months ago

Has anyone posted a shot map? Which shot goes to Grogu?

There are 7,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 150.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside