(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,622 posts
  • 817 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 440 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    20%
  • Don't Care 337 votes
    35%

(975 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
mandalorian-mudhorn-1 (resized).JPG
mandalorian-mudhorn-2 (resized).JPG
IMG_4425 (resized).JPG
IMG_4423 (resized).JPG
IMG_4422 (resized).JPG
IMG_4424 (resized).JPG
mythosaur (resized).jpg
IMG_5792 (resized).jpg
manda22 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210840 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_205916 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230922_210650 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230714_211645 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (2 years ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#429 2 years ago

Any word on who's on code?

Not a fan of the theme, but if it's a fun game, I may have to pick up a pro or premium.

1 week later
#2202 2 years ago

Happy to finally rebuild my collection starting with Mando, even though I've never seen the series. (My Grandson loves Baby Yoda)

Ordered a Pro because I'm not a fan of upper playfields and it just seems like one more thing that is eventually going to need repair. Gonna miss the magnet, though.

The Pro looks packed for the money, will be the first off the line and I like the translite best of the three.

#2238 2 years ago

According to this article, all three versions have a rotating mini playfield and Baby Yoda controls the ball????????? #aintnofactcheckin

https://nerdist.com/article/star-wars-the-mandalorian-pinball-baby-yoda/

#2523 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I showed my 11 year old daughter the video and asked her what she thought.
Her eyes lit up, she smiled and said “Oh WOW it has a giant baby yoda on it”
Ordered a pro. Can’t wait. Great time to be alive.

Thank you for this. Your post put a smile on my face.

I had the exact same experience with my grandson. Although I wanted a EHOH, I needed something family friendly that he could enjoy for years. I was debating between this and JP.

I asked him "Which machine should I buy? Mandalorian or Jurassic Pa..... He immediately smiled and shouted "Mandalorian!!!! I love Baby Yoda!"
Me: "But you also love dinosaurs."
Him: "Baby Yoda! Baby Yoda!"

Ordered the pin, went on line and had my enthusiasm mildly deflated by the usual handful of Pinsiders and K crapping on it while comparing it to...what else?...GnR. Happily, I've been here for 10 years so the angst didn't last long.

Also ordered the Pro (yeah...yeah..."Pros are for Ho's"...whatever.) because of the lack of upper playfield and the translite.

Can't wait for it to be delivered!

#2526 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I'm going to buy a pro. I'm so out of the loop on NIBs at this point, what's the street price on these?

$6199

(Edited) Just double checked....$5,999. Sorry.

#2531 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I would keep asking around as that's higher than I got quoted at every dealer I asked.

Oops...I'm a moron.

$5,999.

#2541 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great story. I’m likely getting a Premium.

Good choice.....The Premium also looks terrific!

I was considering a Premium but, in addition to the things I mentioned, my repair skills aren't the best and I was concerned about the rocking upper playfield needing maintenance.

I'm a little bummed about not getting the magnet but I don't think my grandson will care.

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it every has the ability to move, I fully expect an add on.

Pro buyers like me would be screwed without the magnet being on the playfield.

(edit) I'm thinking the magnet would be needed if Grogu did pick up the ball.

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you be screwed? Just buy the one you want. If you want the magnet and possibly moving Grogu, get the premium.

You're right..."Screwed" is the wrong word.

Before I paid for my Pro, I watched the videos, read the matrix that Stern put out and made my decision based on that. If Stern pulls a "surprise" and Grogu does move in the premium/le, I'd be disappointed.

Brian Eddy is asked on the latest episode of Super Awesome Pinball Show if Grogu picks up the ball and he says "no" so that makes me feel a bit better.

#2991 2 years ago

Whatever happens, I'm just over the top happy to restart my collection after selling all of my pins a couple of years ago. Awesome feeling to once again be an owner.

Now if JJP and Kapow would hurry up and announce Toy Story and Back To The Future, I can rebuild my collection even faster!

#3088 2 years ago

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Code updates: Do we still use the stick or is does it have built in wi fi?

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Built in wifi has not been released yet.

Thanks.

I was hoping Stern was going to introduce it with Mando.

2 weeks later
#4682 2 years ago

The pro looks like a blast. Zero issues out of the box. Updated code has Mando callouts.

Can't wait until mine is delivered!

#4854 2 years ago

Never mind...Just read the earlier posting.

(sigh)

#4953 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Prices on most accessories are going up from what Zach was saying on TPN.

He also mentioned a Pro run in August and October.

Hope I don't have to wait until then.

#5012 2 years ago

Anyone else having problems streaming the video?

#5112 2 years ago

From what I understand, the order of production is Pros for location, Premiums, L.E.s and then Pros for everyone else?

If that's the case, when is the second run of Pros for us home buyers being produced?

#5116 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

LEs would typically be before first premiums

You're right...I had them backwards.

#5128 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Lol all these pictures of the pin. Sheesh we know what they look like but how does it play? Come on give us something.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1052105673

#5256 2 years ago

0.96 code just released.

#5333 2 years ago

I'm paid in full on a pro and sent my distro a pm for an update.

#5414 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Most people probably getting pros in August. Only small first run for mostly operators.

Just curious...where did you hear August?

#5427 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Just a safe bet. Distro tells you july, just add another month.

Thanks!

I messaged my distro a couple of days ago to ask about an approximate date and he hasn't gotten back to me.

#5537 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I see automated has Pros in stock for anybody looking for a Pro.

I wonder how they got so many?

I'm getting zero communication on when I'm getting mine.

#5717 2 years ago

Well, I just got word that unless something changes, my pro is will be on the October run which means I'll probably get it in November. #firstworldproblems.

#5720 2 years ago

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Just trying to put a positive spin on it.

Speaking of which, getting a later run pin hopefully means that any minor issues will be corrected.

Either Rush or Godzilla will be announced by then. Luckily, I have no interest in either. Toy Story, which I want should also be announced although I'm hesitant about owning a JJP title.

#5730 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Simple - "sales"
Guy tells you he can't get you a game soon.. he fears you will goto another distributor.
Shouldn't have offered full payment for anything early. No need. And Pros coming later is just par for the course. Usually not 4 months later.. for that to happen your distro really put you at the back of the bus I think.

To be fair, this is the first time Stern has put home pros last on the line. I've bought a few NIB pins throughout the years, starting with TSPP back in 2003.

I could request a refund and get my machine somewhere else but that wouldn't be fair to my distro for something that's out of his control.

#5741 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is not the industry, just your distro not telling you the truth or all the truth. Your distro knew before he/she took your order an approx date of when your game will be shipped.
Straight away I would ask myself, "What else are they going to lie to me about?"

Unless you have proof, that's a pretty serious accusation.

As I said earlier, this is the first time Stern switched things up with the releases. Most distros had no idea how many pins they were going to get. Factor in parts delays and many distros were left in the dark as much as their customers.

As frustrating as the situation is, I'm sticking with my order. No need to punish hardworking and honest business owners over something not in their control.

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

So why take payment in full when you have no idea how many games you are going to get or when they are going to ship?
Good practice would be to have a wait list of orders and collect a deposit and then full payment once the game is about to ship. Building honesty and a good relationship with customers is more important that securing sales.
I stand by my statement. Distro could have been honest and stated what you just did.
And for your info, our distro has given us an approximate delivery date and been clear with the financials etc before we gave him one cent. So I know Stern has been honest with its distros.

Fair enough...Points well taken.

#5864 2 years ago

Played a pro at Pinball Hall of Fame yesterday and really enjoyed it. Made me excited about getting mine

….until I got home and heard on a podcast about more part delay issues.
6A24CB46-A797-44CC-A6CB-74E8E19CBD68 (resized).jpeg6A24CB46-A797-44CC-A6CB-74E8E19CBD68 (resized).jpeg

#5866 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

What did you hear? Is it just part shortage in general or did they say if it’s going to effect Mando shipments. I have heard rumours of delays for premiums but it’s just that rumours.

Craig Bobby mentioned it on today's The Pinball Show podcast during the correspondents segment. Didn't specify which models.

3 weeks later
#6656 2 years ago

Super happy for all of the Premium and L.E. owners!

C'monnnnnn Pros!!!!!!

#6748 2 years ago

Yesssssss!!!!

Just got notified my Pro will be shipping today!

#6861 2 years ago

Dang...Waited all day for the delivery and it's delayed until tomorrow. #WAAAAHFirstWorldProblems

#6868 2 years ago

My Pro just arrived!!!! Big thanks to ZMeny at Flipnout!

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#6875 2 years ago

After 24 hours and about 40 plays I've had zero issues. Such a blast to play!

My only concern is how the ball empties into the mini playfield. It's really hard to get it to the flipper unless you nudge it.

Besides that, I'm thrilled that I decided to restart my collection with such a fun game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,900 (Firm)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Cheap Drainz Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin Wiz Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

8,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.95
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 495.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pismoarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/this-is-the-way-stern-mandalorian-pinball?tu=pismoarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.