(Topic ID: 292222)

This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!

By zpinman370

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,536 posts
  • 805 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by Lermods
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“This is the Way - Stern Mandalorian Pinball is Here!!”

• Who's In 429 votes
    45%
  • Who's Out 198 votes
    21%
  • Don't Care 336 votes
    35%

(963 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2021-11-06 11.11.14 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.11.24 (resized).jpg
2021-11-06 11.02.21 (resized).jpg
68560B45-0A5A-49DF-AF62-C1F8CF8255D0 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220106_021337385 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021521560 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220106_021528557 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220105-171025 (resized).png
Rush cringe (resized).png
LZ band member art (resized).jpg
Amen Brother! (resized).jpg
mando 3 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
3ba3b75f65e552ffabf1d4f9fe9a980c8bc93e21 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
GEDC6714 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2976 Super Awesome Pinball Show interview with Brian Eddy. Posted by jellikit (8 months ago)

Post #3298 First look and initial impressions. Posted by ZMeny (8 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#460 8 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sterns history of doing anything related to Star Wars on May 4th = Zero.

Quoted for posterity.

#526 8 months ago

Just hope it’s not another battle villain video game hybrid.

#627 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice troll, Levi.

Quoted from TheLaw:

This is a Stern thread

Hardly surprising. More surprising that It’s taken this long. Oh, that’s right.....he’s been busy trolling CgC in another thread (that he started).

#859 8 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

I had heard 600 LE if you believe Kanda? 500 seems the sweet spot on LEs they have tried many times to go above that and it ends up hurting the LE demand ... but we shall see ! Last 3 that are more than 600
Star Wars , took a long time to sell out
Black Knight , same
Munsters , Same
Did I miss one ?

Quoted from rai:

ST LE was 799 iirc and I was able to snag one a few months after it was released.

Different times. I’m all for lower LE numbers, but i think Stern would be stupid to make any less than 600 at this point. If Stern are consulting with distributors, and distributors are telling them they have 1000 people ready to buy LE’s........?

#966 8 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I asked for either the LE or Premium.

If you really want an LE, don’t say you’ll take a Premium if you have to. If I was a distro, and I had too many on my LE list, I’d be punting you off first because I know you’ll buy Premium anyway.

I’m on the “list”, and if I don’t get an LE I’ll just wait and see for the premium and may never buy one. My distro knows this also.

If distro has just one LE and it’s just me and you on the list, I’m getting the LE, you’re getting the premium.

#973 8 months ago

JJP CE = Stern LE

#1026 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If the game blows LEs will not go for a premium in the secondary market. See AIQ

WTF?? I read these comments about AIQ and think either people haven’t played it or have no f*cking idea. Probably both.

#1050 8 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

21 pages of circle jerk and still no pictures of the game. FUCK

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Do come back on the 11th!

He’s just upset he missed the circle jerk.

#1154 8 months ago

How many Stern LE’s have been over 700? Just Star Wars and Star Trek? Both have never held up very well in terms of resale value - I mean in comparison other games. They’re always available if you want one.

I personally don’t care and this is a unique market situation…..especially for us down here. I put my name down mostly because I want a new game. If you want a new Stern game from our distributor at the moment, of any title in any flavor, you have to wait until early 2022 for availability. At least buying an LE you get it in 2-3 months.

#1157 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

STLE cost $7700 do you see them selling for less? I’ve sold two with mods for $8200

Up until recently they’ve absolutely underperformed compared to most games and are available fairly regularly on the “open” market ie. You don’t have to know someone to get one.

Personally I don’t understand it as I think it’s one of Sterns best, no question. But there’s a lot available, and I get the feeling noobs don’t appreciate it for some reason.

Same with Star Wars, though recently to a lesser extent - theme is more mainstream and it has an lcd.

#1169 8 months ago
Quoted from RaoulJuke:

LOL, don't they? They put the GnR's up $1000AUD inbetween shipments over here. And the build issues ive seen on the GNR's has been pretty bad too - I think all the who-Har about how great JJ are is beginning to look very overrated

Wrong JJ.

#1187 8 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good point. Brian Eddy would never, ever use a mini playfield in one of his designs.

Never.

#1324 8 months ago

It’s a bit weird that Stern Army get to view the meeting but not Stern Insiders. I thought Army was more about competition pinball?

And if you don’t get access to these things, what’s the point of being an Insider anyway?

#1419 8 months ago

Armour and art look pretty uninspired - art looks like a mid 2000's Stern throwback.

PF, even from that angle, looks promising.....along with code, that's all that matters.

#1431 8 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Someone said TZ like, pretty spot on with all the features.

Dont see it.....at all. Yoda=Gumball?

#1492 8 months ago

Doesnt say hes auctioning all his Le's, just the final 4 is how I read it. Good move and fair IMO.

309f580accd9c90f6e18838d429f3936a7789306 (resized).jpeg
#1520 8 months ago
Quoted from Wilberto757:

The hype begins!
[quoted image]

The artists impression of the artwork on the game looks better than the actual game.

#1522 8 months ago

Wonder if that tease pic is the style of the LCD animations?

#1613 8 months ago
Quoted from jwilson:

It’s amazing the fantastical made up details this crowd can spin out of the thin gruel that is a single blurry photo. And then say with such authority like what you’re saying is the absolute truth.
Why not wait for some higher res photos before you declare your opinion with absolute certainty? Just saying.

Be a pretty boring thread, like non existent.

#1663 8 months ago

I really hope he does something also. Doesn’t look like it from the crappy pics - maybe he’s a Sparky like bash toy.

#2438 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't really care about any of this shit, it's just shocking to me how little people who think about licensed pinball machines every waking moment of their lives understand about licensing.
If you are crabby about this whine to Disney, not Stern. IT WASN'T STERN'S CALL.

Woah, settle Crazy one . It's not your responisbility to defend Stern from all the moronic vomit that gets regurgitated all over Pinside. Just like it's not your responsibility to make sure all other manufacturers suffer from the same moronic vomit.

Let it go. It is the way.

#2457 8 months ago

Ive trawled through this thread and developed the first Mando Mod...Guaranteed to keep everyone happy....

yoda cara.gif
#2605 8 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

I sh*t all over LZ when it was first introduced. I was really disappointed on first look. So I went and bought an LE

As you do.

#2616 8 months ago

2 of the biggest complaints so far in this thread:

- Complaint 1: Grogu should have been more interactive, maybe he should have had a magnet to control the ball.

- Complaint 2: There is a magnet at Grogus feet and it is pointless/useless, why is it even there?

Umm…..

Anyway, the magnet combined with the 5 upper lanes is kind of cool. Reminds me of an EM - you’ll have to nudge the ball around as it releases from the magnet to spot the 5 letters. Maybe they can do some fancy magnet coding so the ball flings around a bit.

#2758 8 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I found the hasbro teardown video for those who are curious to see how the animatronic toy ticks. If you skip to timecode 11:00 you can see the head sensor. If you tap his head 3 times it activates the force pose.

Anyone know if it's possible to somehow trigger the force pose on the hasbro toy with the child magnet on the pin?

If the mod guys can make this into a real mod for this game it could turn this into something really special. Could be sold as a kit with BYO doll, or complete package. How is the scaling - similar to the Stern one?

#2953 8 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If Grogu is animated this would be incompetent marketing on a legendary level. Stern makes decisions that baffle me but I just can't believe they are capable of that big a blunder. If it moved what possible reason would you have to not show it off.

It’s the whole Stranger Things UV precedent. Apparently Eddy is incapable of working to a BOM so rather than offend him, the bean counters let him finish the game then strip out the most expensive feature and sell it as an add-on.

#3048 8 months ago

It’s really common for upper pf flippers to work all the time even when the ball is not up there.

#3051 8 months ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Is it common? It's solved with a simple in and out opto, like is done on Twilight Zone, for example.
I guess optos cost money.

It’s as CrazyLevi sais above. Can’t speak for TZ, but most/all modern sterns have it. JJP Pirates has it.

Say it skips the opto or the opto is broken? The whole upper pf is useless.

Acdc’s lower pf didn’t have it, but it was a completely separate self contained Playfield.

#3053 8 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hmm, a game where the mini playfield is cotrolled only when in use, other than Family Guy, Shrek and Munsters are there any others?.....who knows?
Who knows? The Shadow Knows!

Family guy/shriek/minsters/Acdc are self contained Playfields - the main ball is not passing up/down there from the main pf - they’re just like a separate mode.

#3058 8 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

That’s exactly what mando is. If the center ramp diverter is disabled you can’t access it

But it’s still the same ball - it’s connected to the lower pf. Fg/shriek/Munsters/acdc are self contained.

We haven’t seen gameplay yet - maybe there’s multiballs where they keep the gate open so you can access it directly whilst also playing on the lower pf.

In any case, I’m just saying it’s more common than not to have upper and lower flippers going all together - especially games with multiballs. Even as far back as Black Knight.

#3203 8 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which side armor? I don’t see anything specific on the Stern site, I may not be looking in the correct spot.

There was a photo somewhere in this thread - I think its from a Stern video. It's a very cool rifle thing.

#3210 8 months ago

I really like that they’ve given the LE an exclusive side armour like GOTLE.

With all LE’s, this should be the way.

#3323 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:Apparently, Lyman is on Rush.

Dream team, nightmare licence.

I better start trying to convince myself to put up with Rush because Ill be buying this game with Borg/Lyman regardless of theme.

#3431 8 months ago

How did we end up here??

Stern should say the mini Playfield TILT’s to avoid misleading advertising.

Then it’ll be “Why would they put a tilt bob on a mini pf?”

#3448 8 months ago

I heard Brian Eddy wanted a swiveling upper playfield but the bean counters at Stern only allowed him a rotating one.

#3452 8 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exxxxactly, thank you!

He’s saying that Sterns description is correct - the mini Playfield could be described as rotating.

#3544 8 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

And in the final analysis, from you all I've learned that yes, the Mandalorian mini playfield has pitch, like an airplane, which is front-to-back rotation around a side-to-side axis shown in the reveal video. Tilt is not rotation, in itself, just a way to describe relative axis positioning from normal axes for the axis of rotation. "Rocking" is roll, like an airplane, side-to-side rotation around a front-to-back axis, which is what JPPOTC mini playfield does. Stern is correct, the Mandalorian mini playfield rotates. So does the JPPOTC one. Thanks for the insight!

And all that education came for free.

#3662 8 months ago

If anything I feel like the hype has died quicker on this than some previous releases. The delayed stream is definitely the reason. Once it was resolved that the mini PF rotates vertically around a horizontal axis, Cara Dune was conspicuously absent and the Baby Yoda Grogu doll may or may not hold magical levitating powers, there was nothing else to talk about.

Thread needs some fuel…..just like any healthy dumpster fire needs fuel.

#3699 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cara Dune will appear out of nowhere via trap door

Pfft....Brian Eddy recycling old games again....

mandocrop (resized).jpg
#3856 8 months ago

Upper pf looks hard - huge flippers in that really small space - haven’t seen anyone up there for longer than a few seconds.

#3882 8 months ago

Video assets look fantastic- it’s all there.

Except Cara.

#3902 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really? Where's the callouts for Mando and the other major actors? What's Mando without Pedro Pascal voice audio from the show?
There's no way in hell I'm buying a game named "The Mandalorian" if the actual Mandalorian callouts are not there. Kinda crazy if those are missing.

I said VIDEO assets.

#3903 8 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Up down scoop ramp.

Still don’t know what that is.

#3969 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Why make a Mandalorian pin if there are no Mandalorian voice clips in the gam

Like POTC? Wonka?

#3972 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Initial thoughts after watching the stream:
Great job with the video use in the game. Great clips
Music sounds very good too
Call outs are weak with only 1 person. They also don’t sound natural
Nice layout, looks packed but flows well.
Doll a complete waste
Art is solid
Upper PF looks like it plays like I thought - which is terrible and gimmicky. Two large flippers is over the top.
Pro is no doubt the way to go. Look forward to playing it - just wish it had something special associated with it.

I’m still undecided on the upper pf - if anything looked too quick up there - a lot of theatrics and work to activate it and then over in 1 Sec for most players. But you can get back up there easy enough. Multiball up there looked interesting.

#3973 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes like Pirates but not like Wonka (it has other character audio clips from the movie)

Wonka call-outs and assets in general are weak.

And we’ve already established there are other call outs from other characters in Mando.

#3998 8 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

. Is panzer being a JJP fanboy with hyperbole or does the Mandalorian appear in this game?

Yes

#4001 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:Yes a JJP fanboy who just bought a NIB TMNT, has made several posts recently criticizing JJP quality, and is now considering cancelling their GNR LE order (due to playfield issues) in favor of another Stern. Lol.

Was mostly saying yes to the hyperbole part.

#4005 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Got ya. I know I've talked JJP up for years. Can't really defend them right now with the crap they are pulling with playfields. It doesn't matter how fun or loaded the games are when the playfields are literally falling apart.

On that we agree. I’ve got a GNR CE arriving in a couple of weeks and TBH am a bit worried. But that’s for another thread.

Regarding callouts, I could hardly hear anything in the stream above all the talking and carrying on. Look forward seeing a solid stream from Danger when he gets it in the studio.

I’m kind of getting sick of the chaotic official Stern releases. Would much prefer just having Danger play and discover the game like you would if you unboxed the game yourself.

#4007 8 months ago

The ball falls of the wireform a few times.

That’ll need to be addressed - a good solid shot and it was straight off. Probably an easy fix.

#4058 8 months ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Biggest concern would be they don't add any new missions, encounters,

Highly doubt any more will be added.

#4062 8 months ago
Quoted from medic7000:

When SW, Stranger things, and Deadpool came out, is it typical for users to give negative posts without playing it? I’m new to reading the stern forum and was wondering if this game is getting more heat than the others? I have a premium on order but the comments are giving me some pause.

Every release without fail is the same.

#4221 8 months ago

What was the weapon that you pressed and held the button and it scrolled across the Playfield from right to left taking out kit shots as it went, until you stopped holding the button?. That was cool.

The whole weapon thing looks like it will be fun.

The code in general has great bones.

Layout wise Im happy. Originally I agreed that the whole top left is a waist of space, but then I looked at all my games with lanes and pop nests, and they all have a waist of space in whichever corner the nest is. Medieval Madness - top right - waist. Elvira - top right - waist - literally nothing going on. Metallica - top right - huge waist - literally nothing going on up there.

Only the Elwin and Lawlor games in my collection know how to use the pop area effectively.

At least in Mando, there’s a magnet above the lanes and pops below so the lanes and pops actually become a bit more integrated in gameplay. The top lanes remind me a bit of BW Indy for some reason.

#4259 8 months ago

Where has this underlying notion come from that every new game has to be the best, deepest, most packed, most asset rich game ever?

I think it came from an era where new game releases were few and far between. Or the “dark days” at Stern when most releases were baron and with basic code.

But with the cadence these new games are being released, and the rapidly expanding market, there’s room for multiple types of games that appeal to multiple different buyers.

I could use a good carguement here but I won’t.

#4473 8 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

You sold your wife? Great solution!

Lol. The solution was so obvious all along.

#4560 8 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I wish they had gone with a similar holographic approach to Dialed In or Ghostbusters, maybe with a Grogu hologram in the same position that controls the ball in the middle of the playfield. I think with these big properties, there just isn't much budget left for the mechs in the game.

The GB holo was a waist of everything. DI was better, but still underwhelming IMO.

#4582 8 months ago

This has been the weirdest Stern launch I can remember - and that’s saying a lot. Initial launch video, amateur hour stream (not Jacks fault), then nothing.

I’m thinking they’re at production capacity, have sold all the LE’s and first run Pros, and can’t really keep up with too many future orders in any title anyway. So why keep hyping the game.

#4729 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only very minor objection is the stop play of the foundry. Wish it didn't stall play so much or just awarded random.

Would be a great menu option

Xaqery ?

#4731 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awarded random? Horrible idea. But having it adjustable I’m fine with. As long as it’s not default.

Not such a horrible idea if it speeds up gameplay. But that’s why it’s good as a menu option - you won’t have to select it if you don’t want.

#4735 7 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I like the idea of building my character. If they can start incorporating some rpg video game type and you can build your stats that would be awesome. It would be even cooler if they make a pin that i can Save my profile and grow my characters abilities and stats as I play it more and more.

I like the weapons buying to begin with, but I could see it becoming repetitive or worse, that one or two weapons are unbalanced “weapons of choice” that you always pick. Random selection would force you to try all weapons eventually and add an element of surprise, especially if you’ve owned the game for a while.

#4794 7 months ago

There’ll be a fix for the PreLe wireforms.

#4823 7 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Really like how you can skill shot into the upper playfield and it is also used in multiball on the Pro.

It’s also used in multiball on the PreLe.

I really think the effect of the tilting/rotating/rocking PF is completely lost watching it on a stream.

Having said that we really need Danger to properly stream the PreLe like he did the Pro.

#4825 7 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

There is no way to stream the Pro upper flipper losing and gaining power to increase difficulty. I'm interested to see how that feels.

That’s true. I think the upper pf on both will be ok in their own way.

My comment re the Deadflip stream was referring to the the “shambolic” LE launch stream Vs the more typical Deadflip stream with the pro.

#4967 7 months ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Anyone have any predictions where it lands in the Top 100?

Will debut at number one for 2 weeks, then crash to 123 for 2 weeks, then settle somewhere in the top 50 once the overhype/overhate setlles.

#4988 7 months ago
Quoted from mlenow:

Can someone save me a few minutes and let me know if Grogu moves

No, but he gets poked in the eye.

#5070 7 months ago

Real photo of Tsskinne moving games….

4DFDE522-FF33-4FBC-9755-BACD9D7F1265 (resized).jpeg
#5247 7 months ago

Really interesting situation with the LEs here. Normally, buyer's remorse might cause someone to just cancel their order. Now, it's resell the spot. Has this been the case in the past for LEs? Or is The Mandalorian just a unusually high demand driven title in that manner?

I think it’s equal parts a strong theme but also the guarantee of getting the game soon.

#5299 7 months ago

Anyone checked under the pf to see what the Stern code word was for Mando?

Xaqery ?

#5301 7 months ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Last night he said it was “JENNIE”

Dwight on deadflip?

#5307 7 months ago

Sparky is still the best bash toy IMO.

Closely followed by MM’s castle and AFM/StarTrek ships.

#5334 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Sparky sucks as a bash toy but not the Snake mouth on MEt . best bash toy ever / Working Jaw bone man !!!! if sparky is a bash toy then even the Cross is but i do not consider them bash toys , not even Mini Deadpool Standup target. NOT a bash toy

You’re wrong about sparky - all bash toys are just hitting a switch and making some toy directly interact with the ball.

But the theatrics and personality of Sparky are unmatched - the idea you’re electrocuting this little smartass who taunts you and throws the ball around. Then hit him enough and it’s the best multiball start sequence in pinball. Only mm castle is close.

But I’ll give you Snake - it’s a cool toy also.

Balrog is way way down the list for me - always found it underwhelming, even annoying.

#5337 7 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm not understanding the connection with "Jennie"?

Jennie = Gina?

#5346 7 months ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

LZ would like a word

Leaping neuter Icarus?

#5367 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

nope i disagree Sparky is an opto it passes through / not even a standup target like Minideadpool. Both again NOT bash toys .
by your logic if a ball passes through an opto is a bash toy then any ball triggering a switch is a bash toy as well.
Let us say if you hit a thing and said thing(other than a standup target ) does something / that is a bash toy / Prison Door(twd) / Garage door (Simpsons)/ Wolverine (x-men) /Mets Snake jaw on Premium Only / i could go one but i think the point is made here.
Elvira's Leapers are more of a bash toy then Mini Deadpool any day but not sure i can call the leapers bash toys but maybe / tough call on that one
/

I like the start of Most of the Met's Multi balls. The cross raising . the last hammer drop and all three balls in the coffin/ Sake Multiball/ Sparky / Hell it is why it used to be my grail after STTNG / The met was done out by GNRce / All great games
Sparky is similar to Doc Oc on Spiderman but hell of fun

No, you’re wrong. But it’s ok to be wrong.

#5371 7 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i own it . How am i wrong. Its an Opto . The feet and sparky do nothing / Its a cool Mold for sure / Perhaps my opinion on What constitutes an Interactive bash toy is different than others opinions . Cool to be wrong and own it for sure

Because my opinion is right.

Just stirring you. I really couldn’t give a shit. I think it’s a bash toy, you don’t. It’s all good.

Baby Yoda on the other hand is most definitely not a bash toy….or a toy of any description for that matter.

#5376 7 months ago
Quoted from thewool:

A bash toy is something you bash i.e. physically hit. If you don't physically hit Sparky then he's not a bash toy. Doesn't matter if you get arsey or not.
Baby Yoda is definitely not a bash toy thank Christ.

Nice try, but you’re wrong also.

#5383 7 months ago

It’s a nice sculpt

#5384 7 months ago

I’m not sure how many of you have actually played Metallica, but on my model, the ball hits Sparkys feet. Sorry, bashes Sparkys feet. On my Metallica his feet are actually very dirty from being bashed by the pinball.

When he gets hit (and there’s a target and optos there to register the hit - like all good bash toys), he moves, makes noises, throws the ball around and triggers lights. If you hit him enough he gets electrocuted.

#5389 7 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Best bash toy will always be Medieval Madness. It's perfectly themed (force down the drawbridge then bash in the gate), and it has 3 distinct results depending on phase: fall into the moat, rebound off the gate or through the doors for the boom.

Thats definitely up there. What about the Trolls? They always get forgotten, poor things.

I think theres one thing we can all agree on (well, probably not, this is pinside) - the first rule of all bash toys it's got to be something you WANT to bash. Smart ass Rudy and Sparky, trolls, enemy ships. Baby Yoda not so much. Thankfully Brian Eddy protected him behind some pops and lanes.

#5391 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok but its still a toy. A ridiculous one sure but a toy none the less.

Speaking of, anyone know if there has there been any progress on the animated robo Yoda mod from earlier in the thread?

#5487 7 months ago

And we wonder why LE’s are selling out instantly…..at least you get the game within a few weeks of ordering.

#5526 7 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What games, other than music pins, have done justice to the theme in the history of pinball? Certainly no 90s game

B66, EHOH, RnM. Most 90’s games.

#5528 7 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

I guess I thought I understood the licensing and using assets but now I guess I don't. They can have the actors show up on video, they can have the actors voices throughout the game, but they can't show the video with them speaking the lines at the same time?

Yeh, that’s a weird one that Wonka is known for. Seems pointless. Clearly for licensing they split the video, the sound and then the whole kahuna. Just more revenue. Or maybe to cater to different potential licensees. Guessing getting both together is the most expensive.

#5529 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can, it’s just a hard thing to do I think. Hit this shot, makes a scene/callout happen, but what if you hit another shot during that time and it triggers the next part of the scene? It can become a jumbled mess especially in a flow game.
Stranger things has scenes and voices synced up for the most part, but it’s not perfect. And that game has a bit more stop and go to it and long returns to the flippers.

I’m not sure it’s just a programming issue. There’s plenty of cut scenes in Wonka (for example) that could easily have been synced in terms of gameplay, but weren’t for whatever reason.

#5561 7 months ago
Quoted from mlenow:

This is NOT the way. First NIB and first refused delivery. What a massive disappointment to go from playing Mando this evening to not being sure when you'll even get one (if ever). I blacked out any identifying info as the distributor hasn't had an opportunity to rectify the situation yet. The picture is the first spot I opened to check the game and after that I said take it back. Has anyone dealt with this before? At this point I just want a refund and I'll wait for a local game to pop up for sale eventually
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really bad luck, but that’s 100% a shipping issue. Unfortunately it happens with all shipping and has been worse since Covid for some unknown issue.

Pics like this get posted all the time throughout Pinside. Your distributor will look after you.

#5624 7 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is a great way of describing a well designed insert matrix and fully agree! SW was another fantastically well thought out insert matrix.

When i first got my Twilight Zone, the DMD died and had to wait a while for a part. Since I only had one pin at the time I kept playing it. It was surprising how playable it was just using the inserts and sounds. I actually got some high scores I found out later. And a great way to learn the rules so you never forget them.

Of course back in the 90’s they had no colour changing LEDS to fall back on, so they had to have a very clear insert matrix. And before that they couldnt even put instructions on the dmd. But I’ve always thought it’s a sign of a well designed game that’s had plenty of thought and planning put into it.

#5652 7 months ago

Only when no one is looking lol

Maybe Pat Lawlaor can save JJP some money on Toy Story this way also.....featuring realistic toys from the franchise ....they only move when youre not looking.

#5781 7 months ago

Just confirms Sterns’ Playfields are as bad as JJP, except they’re removed ink from under the posts.

And Stern actually have some customer service.

#5783 7 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

it's a boring woodchipping unfathomable snoozefest.

Fixed it for you.

2 weeks later
#6137 6 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Turned down the flipper power to 240 for right and left flippers, no issues with bouncebacks when hitting the diverter for the upperplayfield staging anymore... still able to rip all the shots otherwise.
The foam is a good idea as well (maybe would help with the broken diverters by absorbing/redistributing the impact of the shots more).

What does the upper pf diverter look like? Is that the one that keeps breaking?

#6187 6 months ago
Quoted from November:

Do you really think that a LE owner will tell you that it's not an upgrade even if it's the case

Works both ways.

#6212 6 months ago

So far lots of positive feedback on Mando LE. Really looking forward to playing it.

#6342 6 months ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Been there done that they still eventually fall out. What was it xmen i think i had so many wedges kept popping out. Electrical tape the crap out of those bulbs. Small dab of glue is easier and i use such a small amount the bulb can easily be taken out if i ever want to. Being that its a spot id rather glue it in, now if it was a insert i wouldnt glue it because i might want to change it out.

I use a dab of silicone or hot glue for problematic wedge bulbs. If manufacturers actually play tested games any more theyd identify the problem ones and make them bayonet.

4 months later
#7449 66 days ago

Is this the club thread?

Just unboxed my LE and have to say I’m really surprised how well it plays. Lots of interesting shots and great flow. And the upper pf is really good.

What’s the feeling on how far along the code is?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside