2024-04-0417.00.316715360306857317667.jpg
IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
There are 10,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 207.
#10001 7 months ago

I never cease to be amazed by the performance of DHL in shipping from my US shipping address in Portland, OR to my residence in Australia approx 3 hours drive north of Sydney.

These x2 parcels of parts were picked up 3.40pm Friday and just delivered to me Sunday at 3.30pm. Simply extraordinary! (To Seattle/LA Fri pm; To Sydney Sat arrive 7pm then clear customs and arrive local Depot Sun 4.05am; then del 3.30pm (about 2 hrs from Depot)

DHL (resized).jpgDHL (resized).jpg

#10002 6 months ago
Quoted from wayner:

I never cease to be amazed by the performance of DHL in shipping from my US shipping address in Portland, OR to my residence in Australia approx 3 hours drive north of Sydney.
These x2 parcels of parts were picked up 3.40pm Friday and just delivered to me Sunday at 3.30pm. Simply extraordinary! (To Seattle/LA Fri pm; To Sydney Sat arrive 7pm then clear customs and arrive local Depot Sun 4.05am; then del 3.30pm (about 2 hrs from Depot)
[quoted image]

yea but what was the cost/weight?

#10003 6 months ago

Looking for an upper/lower coin door trim piece for a Chicago Coin Red Baron. I'm getting the sense that a CCM or early Stern machine from 70s would also have used the same part.

#10004 6 months ago

Does anyone know where to find the material used for the spinning disk on a Bally Twin Win?

1 week later
#10005 6 months ago

Looking for 27" Gottlieb legs, have a set of 31" to trade or sell.

#10006 6 months ago

heya... need a uchannel for a GTB Duotron back door, 27 5/8s long... no luck with pbr

#10007 6 months ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-11077

Looking for a ball return leaf swich like the one above listed url.

#10008 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-110

cant find the link. what game?

#10009 6 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

cant find the link. what game?

Gottlieb Hot Shot. I've corrected the url in the original post. Note Marco is sold out..

#10010 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

You can buy the individual parts from PBR and make your own.

#10011 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Marcos buys most of their ‘‘em parts from Pinball Resource and marks them up. I suggest calling Pinball Resource with the part number. He’ll either have it in stock or sell you all the components for you to build one yourself.

#10012 6 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Marcos buys most of their ‘‘em parts from Pinball Resource and marks them up. I suggest calling Pinball Resource with the part number. He’ll either have it in stock or sell you all the components for you to build one yourself.

Thanks everyone. I prefer to avoid pbr, so I'll pick one from project game and hope someone else gets them in or I find one at a show.

#10013 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Thanks everyone. I prefer to avoid pbr, so I'll pick one from project game and hope someone else gets them in or I find one at a show.

I have all the pieces, can make you one but Im off to expo tomorrow, if you havnt found one hit me up next Monday.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10014 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I prefer to avoid pbr

How is that possible when you own 30 EMs?!!!

#10015 6 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

How is that possible when you own 30 EMs?!!!

He really doesn't avoid PBR. He just pays more to buy from the guy who does buy from PBR then marks it up.
PBR is always my first choice when I need parts!

#10016 6 months ago

Quoted from JethroP:

He really doesn't avoid PBR. He just pays more to buy from the guy who does buy from PBR then marks it up.
PBR is always my first choice when I need parts!

I'm usually shopping at night and just like to buy and pay together when I get time. I've used pbr many times and will again if I have to. Ive worked in call centers as an agent and manager for years.
Thankfully I escaped that work 8 years ago. Since then I do not like to talk on the phone. Sure that may seem crazy to some..just like owing 30 em pins. Many of my games are lent, for free, to a local pinball club.

#10017 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I'm usually shopping at night and just like to buy and pay together when I get time. I've used pbr many times and will again if I have to. Ive worked in call centers as an agent and manager for years.
Thankfully I escaped that work 8 years ago. Since then I do not like to talk on the phone. Sure that may seem crazy to some..just like owing 30 em pins. Many of my games are lent, for free, to a local pinball club.

I never call them, I email my requests to Lou. Quick and easy.

#10018 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I haven't called in years. Send an email. A couple back and fourths on part availability, and shipment arrives by end of week. Viola!

#10019 6 months ago

I called Steve today. The guys awesome, he is curt and circumspect. Just have your info ready to go and make a list of questions and get to the point. No nonsense.
Then quickly say “I love you” right before you hang up and everything will be fine.

#10020 6 months ago

Always remember my first encounter talking to Steve and I was a little nervous after reading threads on here. I tried to email earlier but they were only taking calls so I called and I gave him my customer number and he said, what can I do for you? I said well, I emailed earlier and he replied tersely “this isn’t EBay!”. I heard Jimmy in the background say “he didn’t say EBay Steve, he said email”.

He apologized and couldn’t have been any nicer after that. We actually talked for about 10 minutes after he got my order. No wonder people usually get a busy signal first try lol.

#10021 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Did you order the part(s) yet? If not, just wondering why you need a new switch? Are the contacts burned/missing? Is the leaf broken? I'm wondering why you need a whole new switch.

#10022 6 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Did you order the part(s) yet? If not, just wondering why you need a new switch? Are the contacts burned/missing? Is the leaf broken? I'm wondering why you need a whole new switch.

Haven't ordered yet. The original contacts were toast and no matter how much I cleaned they were not reliable. I used an eos switch and tried to bend it is a similar fashion. This works, but because the long leaf is not really long enough for the bend and it's a normally closed switch, sometimes it makes and extra contact that causes other problems. It works 90%, but since the game is sometimes used in tournament..90% isn't good enough. In good faith I can't put it out as is.

#10023 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Haven't ordered yet. The original contacts were toast and no matter how much I cleaned they were not reliable.

OK. What about just replacing the contacts? Have you ever done that?

#10024 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Haven't ordered yet. The original contacts were toast and no matter how much I cleaned they were not reliable. I used an eos switch and tried to bend it is a similar fashion. This works, but because the long leaf is not really long enough for the bend and it's a normally closed switch, sometimes it makes and extra contact that causes other problems. It works 90%, but since the game is sometimes used in tournament..90% isn't good enough. In good faith I can't put it out as is.

Buy the contacts at pbr and fix your switch cheaply.
https://www.pbresource.com/pfswitch.htm

#10025 6 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

OK. What about just replacing the contacts? Have you ever done that?

I no longer have the old switch, but I like the idea. Would I have needed new contacts or can you harvest old? I have a gtb parts mech board and reset bank.

#10026 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Would I have needed new contacts or can you harvest old?

You can buy just the contacts, 40 cents each, from Pinball Resource. Grind off your old contact (just the rivet) and solder on the new contact. Don't bother trying to harvest old contacts. But you can reuse old leafs with the contacts already riveted on them if the dimensions work on your application.

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 8.08.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-10-17 at 8.08.05 PM (resized).png
#10027 6 months ago

Looking for a complete switch stack for a drop target off a Williams Grand Prix. One photo shows what I have (and need) on one side. The other photo shows what someone left for me. Ugh.

IMG_5459 (resized).jpegIMG_5459 (resized).jpegIMG_5460 (resized).jpegIMG_5460 (resized).jpeg
#10028 6 months ago

And yes. Those shafts need some work!

#10029 6 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

You can buy just the contacts, 40 cents each, from Pinball Resource. Grind off your old contact (just the rivet) and solder on the new contact. Don't bother trying to harvest old contacts. But you can reuse old leafs with the contacts already riveted on them if the dimensions work on your application.
[quoted image]

In my experience the pins on the back side of the contacts are meant for swaging them to the leaf. I lay the contact face down on the anvil end of my shop vice, thread the switch blade hole onto the pin, then peen the pin down flat. I've never had a problem with this approach.

While you can solder them together, I don't believe that is the intended installation approach.

YMMV

#10030 6 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

In my experience the pins on the back side of the contacts are meant for swaging them to the leaf.

I have tried both; peening the rivet, and soldering new contacts. My experience the solder holds up better and is more reliable than the rivet. Some of the more difficult issues I have come across in troubleshooting is when a contact is intermittent, and turns out the old contact that was riveted is just loose. Boy, those are hard to find sometimes. So in replacing old contacts, I sand the leaf to expose the copper, then solder the new contact to the clean leaf.

#10031 6 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I have tried both; peening the rivet, and soldering new contacts. My experience the solder holds up better and is more reliable than the rivet. Some of the more difficult issues I have come across in troubleshooting is when a contact is intermittent, and turns out the old contact that was riveted is just loose. Boy, those are hard to find sometimes. So in replacing old contacts, I sand the leaf to expose the copper, then solder the new contact to the clean leaf.

Floating pads as I like to call them... my quick and dirty solution is to take a pair of heavy needlenose pliers and crush the existing pad on to the finger. Works well enough and dont have to remove anything for soldering.

#10032 6 months ago

Bally hi-lo ace backglass (ANY condition)

#10033 6 months ago

looking for midway white lightning gun game coin door sticker. single coin slot version. any leads?

#10034 6 months ago
Quoted from AndyGarber:

Bally hi-lo ace backglass (ANY condition)

Good news and bad news. Pinballbackglass.com has an NOS but they’re very proud of it.

#10035 6 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Good news and bad news. Pinballbackglass.com has an NOS but they’re very proud of it.

Translation > expensive

#10036 6 months ago

Translation > not selling it

#10037 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Translation > not selling it

Translation > oof I saw that and I’ll just use something my kid draws on plexiglass

#10038 6 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

They’ll make you an acrylic copy for $395.

#10039 6 months ago

Looking for two original green bumper caps with Red or Blue ink. Thanks.

Rocket Green Bumper Cap with red ink (resized).jpgRocket Green Bumper Cap with red ink (resized).jpg
#10040 6 months ago

Can anyone point to where I can reasonable obtain a plastic slide Channel used under the side rails that the glass slides along?

Something that will work sourced locally or a parts stash etc.

Thanks all!

#10041 6 months ago
Quoted from Jets_1479:

Can anyone point to where I can reasonable obtain a plastic slide Channel used under the side rails that the glass slides along?
Something that will work sourced locally or a parts stash etc.
Thanks all!

If you wanna drive over to Colleyville Ive gut some slightly used guides cheap

#10042 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

Looking for two original green bumper caps with Red or Blue ink. Thanks.
[quoted image]

These are what I've got and as you can see, one of the green ones is broken.

You can have them for the price of shipping, but I think I just bought new ones for my Rocket when I had it from PBresource, which may not be a bad idea in your case as well.

DSCN8422 (resized).JPGDSCN8422 (resized).JPG
#10043 6 months ago

o-din Those would be great. I got the game with new PBR green bumpers and the other caps are original. I restored a pretty rough game from top to bottom so those would be nice. I'll pm my information. Thanks.

#10044 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

o-din Those would be great. I got the game with new PBR green bumpers and the other caps are original. I restored a pretty rough game from top to bottom so those would be nice. I'll pm my information. Thanks.

You can have them then. Mine was missing the "Fire When Lit" caps so I just bought a new set of generic ones and replaced the green ones as well.

Pretty confusing to those that didn't know how to fire the rockets, but I made do with what was available.

I'm also going to add that I have boxes of Williams EM steppers, score reels, coils and other parts out in the shed that date from the 50s to the 70s. Both 50 and 24 volt if anybody needs them. Early pre mid 60s score reels I am out of the essential parts though. But I have a bunch of the newer style they used until the end. I just can't go through it all and list it all unless somebody is specific about what they need. I will be watching this thread just in case.

Pinside_forum_5578381_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5578381_0 (resized).jpg

#10045 6 months ago

I may remember seeing methods for getting lettering on those white domes (maybe decals) with pretty good results. Perhaps PBR will do it?

#10046 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

I may remember seeing methods for getting lettering on those white domes (maybe decals) with pretty good results. Perhaps PBR will do it?

You're dealing with a Rocket only part with those caps, but yes I have seen some do lettering like on Pit Stop, but I don't have the talent and the game is now in the Pacific Pinball Museum I think.

#10047 6 months ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

How about paint stencils, got a scan?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10048 6 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

How about paint stencils, got a scan?[quoted image]

Boy, that one looks familiar.

#10049 6 months ago

Looking for a brand new Pro Pool and Capt Card backglass. DM if you have either.

#10050 6 months ago

Hi all - Saw this simple posting for a pinball coin door on Washingtondc craigslist: washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Here's a pic from the ad:
CL Ad picCL Ad pic

Edit: I just noticed it's posted in "Free Stuff".

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my re-engineered Type 1 Sound Board for classic Williams games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 24.98
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 10,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 201 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/201 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.