Topic Stats

• 5,599 posts
  • 527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by illawarra92
  • Topic is favorited by 135 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,679 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20191015_215904 (resized).jpg
DSCN6478 (resized).JPG
DSCN6479 (resized).JPG
A968E1F3-818B-4966-985E-8BC475E05B28 (resized).jpeg
CB5406D4-102A-424E-B7FA-CBC29DC099DB (resized).jpeg
FDA38128-E9BC-42E3-AF96-F9D1CED3DBDC (resized).jpeg
DSCN2169 (resized).JPG
P1170275 (resized).JPG
thumbnail_IMG_8241 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8244 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
20191009_090141 (resized).jpg
IMG_3335 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinhead52.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

455 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinhead52. You are on page 1 of 2.
#302 5 years ago

Ok, need a complete head to a GTB King of diamonds...well at least the guts, can find a empty head and glass. Anybody? Got the base but no head.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is going to be tough to find I think.
I have a 2 chute coin entrance housing for 1977 Big Hit. It is missing the piece of metal that sits behind it and has 3 screw holes. It secures the coin entrance plates. Need the 3 screws as well. Don't even know the part number as doesn't seem to be in catalog - everything else seems to be!
See photo - the metal piece with 3 screws in it.

IMG_1045.JPG
Not too tough to find

#332 5 years ago

If you try to add a bg to chart you'll see zero stock...

4 weeks later
#388 5 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Looking for seven screws and maybe the cup washers to hold the playfield down, as fitted on Gottlieb games 1962 and earlier. These are for a Cover Girl. Nice condition if possible.

Home depot carries the rings. and you can get the screws from these guys. #6 or 8?

http://www.boltdepot.com/Wood_screws_Slotted_oval_head_Stainless_steel_18-8_8.aspx

#396 5 years ago

marina stores will give you a selection of stainless

3 weeks later
#411 5 years ago

I have a used set of Tropic Isle plastics as well as a less than perfect bg, would sell cheap

2 weeks later
#452 4 years ago

Need GTB thin shaft ball lifter parts A-3920 A-3921 A-3923

balllifter.jpg

4 weeks later
#481 4 years ago

Its not like he's reproducing this piece...I should have that piece

#487 4 years ago

Looking to buy GTB Card Wiz glass

3 weeks later
#536 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Why are they so tough to come up with ? it's not like it's a wear item....

Nobody has reproduced. I spent $40 on a ebay auction for one (rounded). The only stock is killed off machines.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Has anyone got a coin chute similar to this one (comes in two parts) thats in fairly decent condition?

It's for a Kings and Queens I have just started to restore, and currently one of the coin slots simply has a piece of tin foil stuffed behind, I figured a chute would look better (even though there is no coin mechanism behind).
Any help appreciated!
Danny

Get a single chute plate from PBR...

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Hmm, so its probably back to the tin, or buy a single entry plate from PBR. Trouble is they are $46. Saying that I am having trouble getting a decent finish on the original (just posted photo here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-buffer-wheels-and-polishing-in-general#post-2138648), so maybe thats the way to go.

Yep, they used to be ~$30 from pbr but prices have gone up. I'd sell you a chute but I'd want $45 for it .

Between new door, coin plate, legs, shooter plate, hold coil, not hard to drop $200 plus to bring a game back.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yep, they used to be ~$30 from pbr but prices have gone up. I'd sell you a chute but I'd want $45 for it .
Between new door, coin plate, legs, shooter plate, hold coil, not hard to drop $200 plus to bring a game back.

The other option is to paint the door, coin plate and legs. My Buckaroo has this (done by Bordens in PA) and it looks nice.

#545 4 years ago

I need a 2 10 sided plastic reels for a Target Pool I just picked up. The previous owner went to town and cleaned them good. I had two in my spare parts bin, need two more. There are some on ebay but I dont need the whole assy., just the plastic reel.

Thanks

Ken
20141230_151820.jpg

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Ooo. Let's see what you got there. You're getting rid of fuses? Precious fuses? Probably blown.
Gottlieb push button style power switches? They can be a bitch to find.

Lowes actually carries the Gottlieb style push button.

#560 4 years ago

dibs

kicker.JPG

and

ramp.JPG

#587 4 years ago

Ive ended up with 3 "Vulcan" NOS schematics...if anybody would like one LMK

Ken

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I need a Match Unit for Gottlieb Flip a Card. This is the unit in the backbox and not the one under the playfield. It has two connectors with 2x7 pins on each. It is technically called the "0-9 Unit" for this game. Any help would be great!
Edit: I have lots of parts to trade, give away or sell including other match units. Just parted a Jack in the Box, Target Alpha and Quick Draw which were all in a fire. The internal metal parts are mostly good. Have sold and/or given a lot away already.

Ive got 4 of these, let me see if any are 2x14 jones

Ooops, just checked, all I have are 2 by 12 pin AS relays...

#596 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Has anyone sourced the small nails used for the curved stainless steel side rail ball guides on '60's GTB's?

I have the small nails used, at some point they switched over to the short spiral nails. was looking for a couple of those.

#597 4 years ago

Hey I could use a chrome U channel that sits at the top of the pf opening and holds the stainless L guide in place. I need the mid 60's style that takes the rubber stops for the pf. Need it for a NorthStar.

Thanks

Ken

#601 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a nice one with no rust and no major scratching. I'd rather sell it but I suppose a trade would work too. Shoot me a PM.

20150101_193810.jpg 165 KB

End caps from our buddy Steve and you're all set
gtb-a6026-7at.jpg

#608 4 years ago

I do have the right AS and Jones plugs if you want to try to make your own...I was going to offer to make one for you but its about 4 hours worth of work, needs to be a labor of love

#610 4 years ago

Need a Target Pool backglass. Yes Ron webb has them and will most likely buy from him unless...

And need a CardWiz glass (bgrestro)

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i've got a target pool bg, but it's not great... i bought the repro from ron, it is up to his usual standards...
my name is chris, and i am a bg whore... it's sick, but i'll spend more money on a bg than the rest of the machine is worth...

Would you sell it? Thats my problem, spent $200 on the machine and now Im going to sink 300 for a bg? The pf is really nice though. Post a pic of your used bg. Otherwise Ron will get the biz once he's open again.

Gawd, temped to replace the pf targets (the generic ones) 15 times $4, $60 for targets, but I'd get Boilerman busy

#618 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sure... just replacing the posts and pop bumper cap spruced it up quite a bit, and new targets would really be nice...

You are not going to find the pool ball targets except for the solids...One of my striped has the paint worn off of it. Will at some point demount, spray paint a stripe on it and remount.

Will get 8 or 15 of these for the other targets
gtb-a12301WhiteRed.jpg

#626 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

target pool bg... like i said, not great...

Nice! A lot nicer than mine, pm sent! Where the felt hit my glass the paint is completely gone. I have about 15% paint loss

Thanks Chris

Ken

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I could use a Gottlieb Shooter rod and bezel in good condition for my Abra Ca dabra. All my parts are painted which tells me they are shot. I can buy the rest of what I need from PBR but I don't think they offer these new. PM sent.
Ken

Gottlieb late style shooter rod ... 115 KB

Actually pbr will sell you the complete assembly for $28,

gtb-a8833.jpg

I was just looking in my parts bin and Ive got 4-5 of these, stop by and you can pursue my stash

2 weeks later
#669 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking for a Credit Wheel Number Reel for a 1975 Williams. I think all the 70's wheels should work and maybe late 60's. I just need the Number Reel as mine is missing. Must have been an Operator making sure it does not go back out on a route.
Ken

I think I have one for you. checking

#670 4 years ago

I need a drop target plastic to SkyJump...

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

if you need the plastic above the drop targets that is the one almost always broken. you might have a hard time finding it. might have to buy the whole set to get it.

Yea at $115 from rescue debating whether game is worth it...

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Those are tough to find. PBR did repros, but they're not quite like the original. One thing about those guides that's not widely known; the diagonal cut on the longer green and yellow lane guides that exposes the upper post is supposed to be there. That's because the ball can hit an adjacent pop bumper, and instead of striking the plastic lane guide, the intended design was to have the ball strike the exposed post and it's rubber ring. So, if you replace those guides with PBRs repros, always cut a diagonal piece out toward the pop bumper so that the ball will strike the rubber ring on the post.

The mod to the lane guide, do we use a rubber between the posts under this or still just the smaller post rubber?

1 week later
#684 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Gottlieb Gaucho

ebay.com link

One just sold on ebay for $25+shipping... Normally go for 40-50. Get a can of the spray hammered look.

#704 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Chris I need a A9736 coil if there is one

Come on, any hold coil off of a 40 year old game is going to be a little toasty....Steve will appreciate the $7.50 you send his way

2 weeks later
#739 4 years ago

I have a set of side rails to a GTB Central park FS...good shape...

1 week later
#769 4 years ago

20150301_191534.jpgHere's what I have.

#771 4 years ago

Need a 1 1/2 green lane divider double or single sided for a central Park. The new ones from PBR is missing the ridges, dont match the yellow, a real bummer.
Ken

#778 4 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for rollover guides: one double sided 1 1/4 (hole to hole) and one 2 1/8 single sided (or double, I can cut down). They are the ones with the raised line on top.
IMG_1860.JPG
I know I can get bright white new ones from PBR, but does anyone have nice yellowed ones that are around 40 years old - the bright white would look out of place on the 72 Grand Slam I'm working on.
Thanks,
Dan

Here's my tricked out GS. red and green lane dividers rather than white.
20150302_123807.jpg

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Thanks for all the ideas on the bell. After TPF I will take it off and have it sand blasted or replated. Whatever it takes to make it look brand spanking new.

Its platted, good luck

#782 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Has anyone ever seen a coil like this?
I'm still trying to hunt down a replacement for the slot kicker mech in my 1938 Bally Booster.
I got this picture from someone who had one on eBay, but no other info.
The coil looks very long and there is an arm that come up through the playfield and is attached to the end of the plunger. It fires the ball up the playfield when acivated. I suppose, since this as AC power, the extra stroke length of the coil and plunger was compensating for the lower power output?
Anyway, if anybody knows where I can get somehting like this, please let me know.
Thanks!

Booster_under03.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Send pic and specs/voltage to Steve at PBR, he winds coils...

#797 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Long shot..looking for a nice Gottlieb Flip a Card playfield.

Always played too much. good luck.

1 week later
#820 4 years ago

ISO a metal ball guide to a Buckaroo. Just noticed one missing off of a game Im shopping for a buddy.

Its approximately 7.5 inches long. Scoured ebay and found a wood rail guide I might be able to fashion into one... Still, anybody part a Buckaroo/Cowpoke?

20150314_105846.jpg

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

I have this:
cp01.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Mike V.

Perfect! PM sent Need soonest, TPF coming up.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from pinskull:

Im looking for spirit of 76 plastics

Do you want the whole set or select ones? Buddy of mine just replaced his set with new

2 weeks later
#922 4 years ago
Quoted from Odessa:

Looking for a lockdown bar for my 73 Gottlieb High Hand in any condition. It's the one with the two pins.

I have an extra one but shipping will be expensive.

Ken
Texas

#923 4 years ago

looking for a target face for a SpinWheel game. PBR sells a white red arrow target face, I need white blue..

gtb-a14788WhiteRed.jpg

1 week later
#941 4 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Thanks but not that I know of - at least it's not in their website list. It's from a Williams Gusher.

Its there, you just need to specify yellow as the color

50k.JPG

1 week later
#975 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

those pin type bars are hard to come by, this style is not as hard to find as the welded end cap type.
I am surprised it is that high though. normally they go around 80-90 bucks

And here's the welded encap bar, somewhat reasonably priced

ebay.com link » Gottlieb 1960s Pinball Machine Metal Lock Down Bar

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Yarrenrut:

I'm looking for the small inserts on sure shot does anyone have these inserts
Thanks

I have blank inserts...

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Steve was making the "Peg" style by cutting down the shark fin style that came from the Premier inventory and was welding in a bar to accommodate the screw pegs. As Retro Pinball, we purchased 100 lock bars from him but I was told we sent 50 of them back as we ended up not using them.
I am not sure why he hasn't geared up to keep converting them due to the demand for them. I would expect if he does, he will charge a bit more than he used to.
Those $125+ Peg bars are why I keep bringing up my Shark Fin conversion. It may not be something you want to do to your prized keeper, but it is certainly a great option for saving a decent player's condition game that may not justify the higher expense.

Pretty crazy, $157 so far

ebay.com link

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

$200! Well, now we're getting silly.

I sent Steve at PBR a note with the $200 lockdown bar "see what happens when you run out of stuff..."

he writes:

yup....you should be grateful that I have some principles and price items based on what they cost to make instead of what I could charge for them!

I view it important that I be a stabilizing force in this hobby and try to behave as such. Thanks for your support!

Steve
The Pinball Resource

And we are grateful Steve!

1 week later
#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I looked more closely and someone had done #2, above, on the reels with the broken tabs. So I've put clips back in and they're working fine like that. Thanks! I never would have noticed those tiny holes otherwise.

If you are ambitious I have a surplus of reel guides with the clip. You need to drill out the rivets on the old and mount the replacements with #2 hardware (which I has as well). A lot of work but it brings it back to original (almost)

2 weeks later
#1041 4 years ago

Wanted king size backdoor to a Jet Spin, approx 29 tall, 27 5/8 wide.

Gawd its a big game. Found a lockdown bar ebay.com link

Hopefully its not widebody... How wide is a Catus Jack?

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Wanted king size backdoor to a Jet Spin, approx 29 tall, 27 5/8 wide.
Gawd its a big game. Found a lockdown bar ebay.com link
Hopefully its not widebody... How wide is a Catus Jack?

Seller said same as cactus jack...
cactus.JPG

And looking at the flyer...suggests widebody

#1044 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Cactus Jack's is a standard width game and would use a Lockdown Bar just like on a System 1 pin (or very late model EM).

Well I guess you would know eh? Good stuff, the bar I purchased should be 22 inches and fit my Jet Spin

#1052 4 years ago

ISO a Cowpoke backglass...

1 month later
#1121 4 years ago

Need 3 10 sided reels (decagon) for a KingOfDiamonds..

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Kind of blows me away that someone has not even reproduced at least the various Gottlieb Score Reels by now. There are some folks that need them for replacement because they cracked/broke, or the numbers are shot, but I think what is missed is that there are a whole lot of other folks who want new ones because theirs is yellowed and dingy after 40+ years. I would buy new sets to replace my dingy yellow Gottlieb ones in a heartbeat if they were available at a fair price.
Just my 2 cents yet once again.
Ken

Enough killed off games to supply us . There is a set of 4 on ebay...$80 ouch

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Looking for a 1-pt bell for my '66 Full House. Last part I need to complete my restore!
I'm having a hard time figuring out a part number or the proper size bell I should be looking for, so any help at all appreciated.

Does this look right, marked Serenade. 4 inches in diameter

20150624_193822.jpg

1 week later
#1168 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Does PBR sell the small stainless nails that are used for the stainless ball rail guides on the Playfield? If so part #? Price ea?
TIA,
Ken

you mean the short spiral nails? Nope. I have the earlier nails, call eustation pins

3 weeks later
#1221 4 years ago

Need a roll under gate with control wire for a 4M BC Bally pin, shooter lane. 2.75 inches between centers.

Thanks

Ken

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from EMPins:

I have a junk fire cracker em that has a roll under gate but not sure if it would work or not. I'd have to look and see if that part is still on it or not.

Thanks but turns our Steve at PBR had one for me!

Never under estimate the power of the Steve.

Ken

#1227 4 years ago

Hey anybody need a set of Flipper Clown pf plastics, I ended up with two sets from Pinball Rescue...will sell at a discount.

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Looking for plastic guides that the playfield glass slides into for my 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam.
I could also use any coin door parts that anyone might have for the same game.
Alas, this is all I have...

I can probably get you a harness, how many pins is the socket on the tilt board, 6? (I have a GS myself) And I should have one shell.

I just ordered a couple of sets of glides from pbr...

Ken

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Good to hear about availability of guides from pbr. I'll go there for guides. I'll pm you about the rest...

Here's a pic of the door harness I have.

Good for a 2 slot machine.
IMG_0168.JPG

#1236 4 years ago

Here's a complete coin door, 3 chute but can easily adapted for 2 chute.IMG_0169.JPG

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Here's a complete coin door, 3 chute but can easily adapted for 2 chute

oops, missing one of the coin ramps, gives you 2 chutes anyway...I can send just the hardware on the back with or without coin mechs or the whole door (shipping will be $)

1 week later
#1242 4 years ago

Nice coin door to a GTB AAB game offered...

IMG_0180.JPGIMG_0181.JPG

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Nice coin door to a GTB AAB game offered...

Door sold.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hey guys, can someone point me to solutions for a broken GTB score reel plastic bracket (Ice Revue era) that the score reel mechanism slides in to (and then gets clipped to)?
I know Steve Young doesn't have any and the search function here isn't helping me today. I have some ideas but I figure enough of you guys have fixed them in the past that there is likely an easier way.

No real easy way, I have guides scavenged from parts games and the #2 hardware to remount it with. PM me and I can fix you up.

Ken

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

I definitely need the wiper. Mine is snapped in half.
Not sure if the disc is damaged.
I'd even be willing to take the whole thing since who knows what caused it to get snapped.
Thanks Delta.
Let me know.

Let the light board down without moving the wiper ?

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

I picked the game up from a moron that bought it and an OXO in a group thinking he could fix them.
Then they sat in his garage for 6 months.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.
The OXO looks overall like it can be easily brought back to life. PF is decent, but the cabinet is all flaked and there is almost nothing left of the BG.

My parts catalog shows a player wiper part no of B-12566. You could check with PBR. They have helped me in the past.

(The ebay stuff wasnt the right pieces)

#1275 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra Leg-Tee (the metal piece that sits inside the cabinet, through which the leg-bolts attach) that would fit a 1965 Bank-A-Ball? Its to slightly rounded (sort of oval-shaped) corners/ends, unlike the squared off ones that fit later Gottliebs.
I looked on PBR but only see the later ones.
Thanks!

Later ones work just fine... If you must have a rounded one PM me and I'll scrounge one out of a junk cab I have

#1278 4 years ago

In desperate need of a printed board to a score reel, decagon style (10 sided). With the overlay. I have a bunch of the later printed boards without the overlay BUT the connections get flipped messing up the wiring.

20150816_132817.jpg

As you can see on this one the 1s trace has been burned off... I actually need two of these for two different Diamond Jacks, the 2nd has a burn at the 2s spot...

(Ive temporarily hacked it with a fine wire across the burn but that wont last forever)

Thanks

Ken

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

A spot of silver solder can repair that (silver solder, not regular). Leckmeck has experimented with copper tape for the same issue (I think it worked). I know the silver solder will hold up fine.

I was tempted to try foil tape... I would think these cir boards would be avail thou?

#1289 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Here's what I found Ken. I bought these about 8 years ago on ebay for $10 apiece. Let me know what you need. I'll send you an e-mail.
Dave

You da man!

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I got a CC Red Baron parts game 2 sets of reels available. prefer outrite sale unless you got a Got small coin door I would pay the difference . I could also use a Got. Upper apron

And I do repaints with webbing on aprons and top arches

#1312 4 years ago

Willing to trade a Wedghead Chime Box, for a nice Coin door, early 70's style, plus cash either way based on condition.

I have a couple of rectagular GTB doors. A re-chrome for $70, Average shape $45, Nice powder coat 25

#1324 4 years ago

I might be in the market for a door for the Atlantis project I'm buying next week -- depending on how well the door looks after a bath in Evaporust and some polishing. Do you have the appropriate door for an Atlantis, should I decide I want one?

Here's a re-chrome (just sold this one). There are very shinny, have no grain. Will get another batch done. I have one left but a minor dent in the door. (yes thats my garage door opener in reflection)

20150823_155702.jpg

#1345 4 years ago

Got the door from Pinhead52 today holy crap it's f'n awesome

I tell yea, that re-chrome stuff is amazing. Better than PBR new.

#1353 4 years ago

EM-PINMAN want me to chrome the top arch and bottom apron on Surfer for you? You could win best mod at TPF

#1359 4 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

whats the rough cost to get coin doors rechromed.

35 plus shipping

#1361 4 years ago

I need a Card Whiz diagram and manual...will order from pbr unless...somebody has an extra

2 weeks later
#1390 4 years ago

OK gang, refurbing a Flipper Cowboy, need 20 early 60's "white" GTB posts. Anybody got a good stash?
IMG_2784.jpg

Here's a repaint of the head.

20150913_103823.jpg

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I'm looking for an original, red ACE drop target for a Gottlieb Royal Flush/Card Whiz. I installed a replacement from PBR, and it looks "okay", but it is smaller and sits lower than the others...
The "A" doesn't have to be all there, in fact, if it was worn it would match the other drop targets.
Thanks.

And if Boilerman doesnt have one I do.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If anyone needs any parts from a Gottlieb Super Soccer shoot me a pm

pf?

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If anyone needs any parts from a Gottlieb Super Soccer shoot me a pm

Joking...

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I'm looking for a 1976 Bally Back box metal U shape door channel, its about 27" long.
Rob

This shouldnt be unique to Bally. PBR sells this channel, just tell them the length you need

#1430 4 years ago

Need a head to a King of Diamonds...got the body, no head?

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I e-mailed PBR today and Steve said they already have the correct caps in stock. That was quick! They have the hot-stamp press up and running at there location now so it must not take long to make a batch.
Here's some pics of the original Gottlieb hot stamp presses that were located at the factory until Don Murphy moved them from the Gottlieb factory in Chicago to Henry, Illinois. After Don's passing, the presses were moved to PBR. I was fortunate enough to take these pics before Don's passing.

Thanks for sharing. Kind of cool to see how these are done. Looks like they do drop targets with the same eq.

Ken

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Maybe a tad messy in this part of the building but out in the main part it was pretty organized.... 109 machines total with a Challenger in the mix.

Hoov, you need to do a tribute to Don thread...these pics will just be buried here

#1470 4 years ago

They are difficult to find. i do have a spare

#1483 4 years ago

I just parted out a GTB Central Park. Let me know if anybody needs pieces (sorry head used )

Ken

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

coin chutes if they are there....

Those were the first to be reused

1 week later
#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

How hard is it to find the "coin accept" plates for early Gottliebs? this would be the narrow metal piece with two extended slots that the coins go into??? Forgot to look at York - found a cabinet and legs, bolts, but need this part.

What year gottlieb? For 60's I have a bunch of coin plates. PBR stocks 60s-70s stuff.

http://www.pbresource.com/CoinDoor.html

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

How hard is it to find the metal posts like on kings and queens? I checked with Mayfair and he doesn't have any.

Pretty tough unless you know the right people I just happened to strip a Central Park pf... make me an offer

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Just trying to decide if I want to pick one up that's missing around 15 of them. Just trying to decide if I want to mess with it

They go for about $2-3 ea. PBR had a small stock at one point and they sold for $3 each.

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Anyone got a 1" smooth opaque red Gottlieb playfield post? My newly acquired Flying Chariots is missing just that one and it appears that PBR does not have the opaque red smooth ones.
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Like this but in red? Ive got one... pm me

IMG_2784.jpg

#1546 3 years ago

Another plea for a head to a King of Diamonds.....or at least a KoD bank and I'll build one.

Ken

#1551 3 years ago

Still need a complete head to a King of Diamonds

#1553 3 years ago

In the same light I need a red daisy domed 100 points when lit for a flipper cowboy. No PBR does not have that one.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Need the armiture/linkage (not sure what to call it) for the match unit on a Surf Champ. Without it my match won't cycle.

Picture of your credit unit? i probably got what you need, have a couple of match units.

#1559 3 years ago

Anybody need a Surfer/SurfChamp spinner? Bought 2 sets off of ebay for the checkered flag ones (Snow Derby)
checker.JPG

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I'm looking for a Royal Flush (1976) backglass - mine's really flaky, and a backglass for a Domino (1968). My Domino backglass is all there, but the colors are really faded. I see that Ron Web has a repo on sale, but an original would be cool. Thanks.

Every RF Ive seen has been flacky. Shay has the Royal flush

#1580 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I need the collection of parts that goes with this.

NP, Ive got at least two sets in the tool box. Very nice by the way.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

No, you can buy just the links:
http://pbresource.com/KT-WFLIP03.html
(scroll down)
"If you need the flipper link only and not the Plunger/Link assembly offered in the kit, we also offer the link by itself
1A2847-2"
"WLL-1A2847-2 $1.85ea"

where are these flipper kits in the top level menus? Not the easiest site to nav.

#1595 3 years ago

Anybody have two targets to a GTB roto target wheel? Buckaroo style. PBR I believe has the target stem but I dont think they have the whole target head face etc. A buddy just picked up a Buckaroo with two missing targets...

Ken

#1598 3 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

I'm searching a bakelite wiper for a DUOTRON stepper unit (Gottlieb, 2-players)
I'm at disposal for any further info. Let me know if you have to sell that piece!!!
Thanks guys...

You may be in luck My parts manual calls out a wiper of B-12568 for Duotron, same as Surfer. And i just found one in my parts bin that matches my Surfer
20151102_214048.jpg

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

These are the dimensions about contact tracks on the fixed flange. Can you confirm?
Let me know!
Thanks again!!!

20140824_224502.jpg

Its identical to the wiper on my surfer/swapped them...

1 week later
#1621 3 years ago

I have ended up with a Stern EM lockdown bar. Usual 22 inches long but 2.5 inches wide/deep. Button style. Pictured with a standard Gottlieb bar of the mid 70's. Since I am Gottlieb only I am in no need.

Will sell cheap, $10 over shipping

20151110_221311.jpg

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Looking for info mostly this time around. Does anyone know of a source for those round-head, slotted screws with the built-in washers that are used for Gottlieb posts and plastics, at least in the early 60s? My Flying Chariots has definitely seen some moisture in its life and nearly all the playfield screws are rusty and I'd like to replace them. I'd prefer original style slotted heads but I could live with Phillips if I have to.
Same question for pop bumper cap screws. I can find slotted head screws but the modern ones have heads that are too small. The originals are rather fat headed for their size. Any good sources for those? Failing that, anyone got 4 they could spare?
Dave

The built-in washer screws are hard to find, availble from parted out machines... PBR does sell screws for the pop caps but I may be able to send you some. I also buy from these guys

https://www.boltdepot.com/Sheet_metal_screws_Slotted_pan_head_Stainless_steel_18-8_4.aspx

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

ok, what are the metal bar spacers that go between the ball arch called?
And does anyone have a couple in good condition? (for a 1965 Williams, although I'm guessing GTB will fit.)
Thx

Top arch U channel? you need 1 or 2?

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Looking for a Gottlieb score reel switch stack # B-9576. This is for my 1973 High Hand 100's reel, someone in the past had bent it up badly & I am having problems keeping it in adjustment. Anyone have a spare?

FOUND - Oddly, PBR did not have any. Marcos did. Marcos is not always the cheapest, but wow, what a nice web site.

There is always score reels that come up on ebay, good to have a couple on hand. I would have sent you 1 for the $5 shipping fee.

#1645 3 years ago

In need of

-pop a card pf
-King of Diamonds head guts or whole head
-CowPoke back glass

#1651 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Was this the Detroit, MI, area Sing Along that recently sold on ebay? Good deal.
ebay.com link ยป Sing Along Gottlieb Pinball Machine For Parts Or Repair

Yea Hoov will reship a Sing Along glass for it

1 week later
#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I could use one of these Gottlieb "clown and seal" aprons (used on some late 50's titles).

Pinball rescue...

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html

#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Looking for a complete coin door for this quick draw!
I have a nice face (pic) no guts ..
It's on free play but it would be fun to route .. This thing plays as fast as a modern game .
Also is this unit the credit counter?
It's acting weird

PM sent. And yes thats the credit counter. this style is a little weird..

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Looking for a complete coin door for this quick draw!
I have a nice face (pic) no guts ..
It's on free play but it would be fun to route .. This thing plays as fast as a modern game .
Also is this unit the credit counter?
It's acting weird

PM sent. And yes thats the credit counter. this style is a little weird..

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Great thanks for the info , I needed a project for tonight and will post pics of the disassembly..
As for the coin door parts? Thanks pinhead52 but it looks like I'm going to need much more than you might think image.jpeg

You want coin lock out too? now yer getting picky. I have a complete 3 chute door/hardware.

#1738 3 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Does anyone have an extra original yellow insert with a blue outline that would work on a Fireball? Just need one

Size?

1 week later
#1772 3 years ago

Hey somebody was looking for wiper fingers...PBR actually sells these. the thick ones, 60's and 70's. the thin ones, 50's

gtb-a7291.jpg

#1774 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Says out of stock though?

the thin ones...who does fifies anyway I actually have 6 of the thin ones, off of a earlier wiper.

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

THANK YOU to Pinhead52 for getting me the right size insert for my Fireball. You're the man!!!

Hopefully it was a close match. But yea we are all here to help one another... gotta go wrap a parts Christmas package for New Zealand.

Ken

#1790 3 years ago

My current parts wish list:

-SweetHearts bg
-CowPoke bg
-qty 2 arms off of Buckaroo style roto target (Steve will repair but not sell arms, dont want to mail the roto in)
-Instruction card to a Flipper Pool.

And New Zealand I promise to get the care package off this weekend.

Ken

#1800 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

My current parts wish list:
-SweetHearts bg
-CowPoke bg

Ken

2 down, still need SweetHearts and Cowpoke bg, also need a complete head to a King of Diamonds...

1 week later
#1822 3 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I am in need of a 1975 era Gottlieb total play counter for Top Score. Doesn't matter how many plays are on it, less is better but anything is good. Mine won't advance because the plastic pawl is broken.

I fixed him up...

20151223_115647_(resized).jpg

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Pulled a bonehead move and Misplaced a couple mid 70's Gottlieb L-Brackets that attach to the Backbox that keeps the Backglass from falling backwards. Anyone got a couple from a parted out game they want to sell? I'll take the screws if you have them too.
TIA,
Ken

got you covered

#1828 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Speaking of that "L" bracket, what are you guys using on the front side instead of that crappy foam that Gottlieb used?

Ive got a roll of industrial Velcro material, fuzzy side that Ive been using, sticky back.

#1832 3 years ago

Hey gang, need a start relay for a North Star, A-1856 or the eq R20-6, A-5294, A-3890 its a 110v relay, 386 ohms etc. PBR of course but they is closed for a week.

Thanks

Ken

#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Hey gang, need a start relay for a North Star, A-1856 or the eq R20-6, A-5294, A-3890 its a 110v relay, 386 ohms etc. PBR of course but they is closed for a week.
Thanks
Ken

Never mind, I have a bottom board to a KoD I can steal from

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i guess you gave up trying to find A head for that kod and retired it to the parts pile?

The bottom cab came in 6 pieces, 4 loose sides, the bottom board with the slats attached and the bottom. pf is totally trashed, would need a Herb Silvers overlay... So yea its on the shelf. i wont strip the bottom board for another year before declaring a total writeoff. It does have three half moon coin chutes . Also need a tilt bob and wire for NS, will borrow that off of the KoD carcass.

SB relay installed and working. Had to detach door harness, have a jammed door to figure out but the game starts up and plays.

I must say I did a nice job on the webbing

20151221_181819_(resized).jpg

#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is a pic of some silver webbing from a surf side i painted this week

Very nice. I do like silver over black... How many games did you paint this year Boilerman?

#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thanks for uploading that pic!

What's the secret technique?

If we tell YOU you must promise never to tell anyone else

My technique is to spray the Krylon can stuff into a HF touchup sprayer and the cut it 50% with lac thinner, a little trial and error is needed. You can get it pretty fine. And maybe 60 lbs on the compressor.

http://www.harborfreight.com/touch-up-air-spray-gun-66871.html

#1850 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Does anyone have any apron screws to spare? I need 7 screws I think they are #6 x 2-1/4.
TIA

If this is GTB EM, they are more like 1 1/2 or 1 5/8s

#1856 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I need the arch plate on the top of the pf, I need one that has the holes for the arch lamps.
condition can be rusty to nice

I has one to spare. Need any coin plates? I just had 14 re-chromed

#1881 3 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

anyone have a spare GTB chime unit?

There are several on ebay right now, here's one for $54

ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb 3 Chime Unit For Em Electromechanical Pinball Machine

#1886 3 years ago

Gang, I got way too many GTB coin plates rechromed recently. I have 5 double entry, 4 triple entry plates, the doubles Im offering at $20 each, the triples $15 each plus about 10 for shipping. I also have a couple of the top bars. I also have a couple of the 70s style

Note these are done to a mirror finish, no grain (like PBR).

PM me if you need any.

20160108_192111_(resized).jpg

#1917 3 years ago

Looking for 12 jeweled metal posts for a Flipper Pool

I stripped a Central Park pf, have limited qty available. Did pm 1974DQ

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

looking for 3 coin chutes to suit a gottlieb slick chick, can be in any condition..

Good luck, these can run $35 US and then the shipping

#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

sh*t..i am about to take a really nice slick chick as a trade and it's missing all 3 so this may change the balance of the trade.

Change it to a 1 chute!

#1935 3 years ago

Anybody have a Herb Silvers KoD pf overlay they want to sell?

#1961 3 years ago
Quoted from frankg:

See my original post ... I referenced that hole guard when they told me the one I needed is no longer available and they also told me it was not the same one. I would think they would have told me that the one used for Fast Draw would have worked?
Thanks

Check out https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/rec.games.pinball/3vs94pMRMjo somebody parting out a So76 pf

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Rats, I did not see it.
I do have this one that came out of a parts HH head --- the reds are a lot better than what I have, but the rest of it is, err, well, missing..... it's too bad too, this one was probably pretty nice before it went into a substandard storage area.
IMG_2176_(resized).JPG
Yours Dave if you want it. No guarantees that it will have paint on it when it arrives, it's dropping fast....

Tempted to do a "Glass Smash" at TPF, I have about 8 glasses all similar to that.

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Uh...is that just what it sounds like?

yep

#1984 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I think the old style 3 slot would be cool to have on a 60's game in my collection but I don't hardly ever see them

And the protruding half moon or other style coin chutes are hard to come by. Dare I say Ive converted a 3 chute to a 2 chute just to scavenge a coin chute. Boilerman wont admit it but Im sure he's done the same thing

2 weeks later
#2052 3 years ago

I am in need of 3 backglasses, Corral, Kings&Queens, and Central Park. I know all three are available from Shay, was looking for some bargains.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

bargain = less than perfect

And Shay is out of Corral...I did opt for his last Ks&Qs....so do need a Corral...

#2075 3 years ago

need a back door early 60's GTB and a Corral backglass or Im going to shoot this pin!

1 week later
#2095 3 years ago

I have a chime unit from a Drop a Card for sale. $50 plus shipping also a complete bottom board should anybody need parts etc

#2109 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Shoot me a pm and I'll dig through my parts stash. I might have an extra one - I don't know.

I fixed him up

20160310_171619_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Looks like you've already found what you need, but I just re-built a Target Pool myself and Steve Young had all the chime parts I needed. Pretty affordable too. If in doubt, always give Pinball Resource a try.

Althou the 5" bell is tough to fine...I sacrificed my spare for the greater good.

Anybody need a Central Park monkey unit?

20160404_165326_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2234 3 years ago

Anyone ever trim a 2" lane guide to make it open on one side . What and how did you cut it? Was thinking of a dremmel I think a die grinder is overkill.
I have 1-1/2 in red and I have spare 2" red double sided . Trying to save time and negate shipping costs .

hacksaw, run it up and down blade by hand, cutting inside out, easy peasy

#2243 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I need an 100 point Gottlieb bell assembly: coil, bell, mounting, the whole 9 yards. Apparently all the same around a certain time period but the closer the better. 1968 would be right on the money.

Only $35.77

http://www.pbresource.com/bells.html

Or shop Allentown

#2255 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Since Allentown is right around the corner and games, projects, mis-matches, and parts will be coming out of the woodwork.........
I can't make it to the show but if anyone see's any of these playfields - either populated or unpopulated - for sale in nice condition - buy it and I'll have you ship it to me in a bike box. I will reimburse you and add extra for your troubles. Long shot but you never know.......
Atlantis (also looking for someone getting a Wade Kraus repro to sell their old one in nice shape)
Golden Arrow
Abra Ca Dabra

Post this to the events Allentown thread... ooops, you did I'll keep an eye out for you Hoov

1 month later
#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Looking for all three coin chutes for my Sing Along. Was going to buy the coin plate from PBR. If you desire to sell the chutes and plate, I would do that as well.
Thanks
Kris

I have one half moon coin chute I'd sell you, $45 shipped. Boilerman and myself buy $100 pins just to scrounge the coin chutes

Ken

#2317 3 years ago

I need a "6" drop target for my SkyJump. Yes I could buy a full set from PBR, but game is a little rough...

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Hi,
I'm looking for a wiper arm for the player unit on a Gottlieb Top Score.

PM sent...

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from RAC85:

Looking for 1976 Gottlieb lockdown bar receiver. The type that secures lockdown 'buttons' not the fin style. Receiver to fit a Gottlieb Surfer. Thanks for any help.

If Boilerman doesnt have one for you I do.

1 week later
#2388 3 years ago